AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-01-18, 06:57   Link #19801
Butagami

In my opinion, kits like MGs (let alone PGs) should be colored correctly (not in extensive details like inner parts of thrusters and such) and be consistent with the anime without requiring paint. For a lot of people (like myself) who live in countries where paint and markers are hard to come by (and ridiculously pricy. Example: gundam marker seed basic set. HLJ price, in euro's: 8.72, via a dutch site, the only I could find with a decent collection of gunpla and such, 18.00, prices without transport). This makes a MG even more expensive than it already is (the MG Sinanju Ver. Ka. is actually on sale for 87 euros, in comparison with HLj's 50.)
Butagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 07:07   Link #19802
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
In my opinion, kits like MGs (let alone PGs) should be colored correctly (not in extensive details like inner parts of thrusters and such) and be consistent with the anime without requiring paint. For a lot of people (like myself) who live in countries where paint and markers are hard to come by (and ridiculously pricy. Example: gundam marker seed basic set. HLJ price, in euro's: 8.72, via a dutch site, the only I could find with a decent collection of gunpla and such, 18.00, prices without transport). This makes a MG even more expensive than it already is (the MG Sinanju Ver. Ka. is actually on sale for 87 euros, in comparison with HLj's 50.)
Wow... that's pretty damn expensive.
Old 2011-01-18, 10:34   Link #19803
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Wow... that's pretty damn expensive.
Welcome to holland! HGs sell for about 25 euro's, or more for things like the 00 Raiser (30) or the Hi-Nu (40). I'm still waiting for my 1/100 Dynames to arrive (36).
It's a lot of money, but this is the best deal I can get. Unless I get it directly from Japan, which'll save me a few euro's, but not that much.

What kind of prices do you get in the US? are there any stores that have a decent selection of kits? And what about paints and stuff?
Old 2011-01-18, 10:38   Link #19804
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
What kind of prices do you get in the US? are there any stores that have a decent selection of kits? And what about paints and stuff?
My local store has HG for about 15 euro, MG for about 30, and PG for roughly 150-180 euro. (Converted via Google.)
Old 2011-01-18, 11:47   Link #19805
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

Quote:
Welcome to holland! HGs sell for about 25 euro's, or more for things like the 00 Raiser (30) or the Hi-Nu (40). I'm still waiting for my 1/100 Dynames to arrive (36).
It's a lot of money, but this is the best deal I can get. Unless I get it directly from Japan, which'll save me a few euro's, but not that much.

may i ask why you're buying your kit from dutch sites?
i too live in the netherlands and have always bought by kits fromeither hlj or hwjapan. for paint i just goto the local hobby store and get revell or humbrol model kit paint.
Old 2011-01-18, 14:38   Link #19806
Butagami

Quote:
My local store has HG for about 15 euro, MG for about 30, and PG for roughly 150-180 euro. (Converted via Google.)
I feel jealous now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmReaperNL View Post
may i ask why you're buying your kit from dutch sites?
i too live in the netherlands and have always bought by kits fromeither hlj or hwjapan. for paint i just goto the local hobby store and get revell or humbrol model kit paint.
That painting tip's a good one, I'll check into that! The reason I use a dutch site (Morgenroete) is that it's about as expensive as HLJ+shipping and I don't have paypal or a creditcard. Local shops have a very limited selection, combined with high prices :S

Edit: It's nice BTW to see another dutchman here! Where in holland do you live? Also, do you notice the similarity between our names? eerie coincedence, no?
Old 2011-01-18, 15:51   Link #19807
TheGame2K5

My 3rd MG finished. This one was pretty fun build without any frustrating parts. Now working on Astray Blue Frame 2nd Rev with F91, Infinite Justice, and Destiny Gundam shipping out today.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by TheGame2K5; 2011-01-19 at 01:44.
TheGame2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 16:18   Link #19808
Sworra

Kits here in Canada are not to bad, but where i live in this city they pretty much scalp you for your money so that is why i use HLJ, or Hobbywave for kits. For a HG kit im looking at $46 CDN which is 34 Euro. Then a MG goes for $100 to $150 CDN just for a small one like Exia, in Euro's that is 75 to 112.. PG is $350 to $450 CDN so in Euro's that is 263 to 338. Yeah i have it bad here for prices, i don't know how they keep in business, i think they get the suckers that don't know about online shipping. lol My local shop i only use for paint and stuff they are good for that and that is about it. Cheers !!
Old 2011-01-18, 16:27   Link #19809
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Kits here in Canada are not to bad, but where i live in this city they pretty much scalp you for your money so that is why i use HLJ, or Hobbywave for kits. For a HG kit im looking at $46 CDN which is 34 Euro. Then a MG goes for $100 to $150 CDN just for a small one like Exia, in Euro's that is 75 to 112.. PG is $350 to $450 CDN so in Euro's that is 263 to 338. Yeah i have it bad here for prices, i don't know how they keep in business, i think they get the suckers that don't know about online shipping. lol My local shop i only use for paint and stuff they are good for that and that is about it. Cheers !!
at least you actually can buy models in your local shops... the only stuff we have here are a few high grades in a couple of comic shops :P thats it...

speaking of, i just went to one today. they had some HG00 kits there, i got 00 gundam (00 raiser was sold out >_>), cherudim and dynames trans-am mode. and guess what! the juwel for 00s v-fin is missing... |D

Last edited by Appel; 2011-01-18 at 18:43.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 17:42   Link #19810
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Those price´s are insane! That much money for a MG? I´m speechless...
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 18:55   Link #19811
Butagami

Quote:
I thought I had it bad .... But they sell gundam markers and tamiya stuff or a local equivalent?
Old 2011-01-18, 19:45   Link #19812
kakakka

Quote:
Then a MG goes for $100 to $150 CDN just for a small one like Exia, in Euro's that is 75 to 112..
I know here in Canada the kit is expensive, but this price for an Exia in your area? In mine, it's 75 bucks.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 22:59   Link #19813
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

Quote:
That painting tip's a good one, I'll check into that! The reason I use a dutch site (Morgenroete) is that it's about as expensive as HLJ+shipping and I don't have paypal or a creditcard. Local shops have a very limited selection, combined with high prices :S

Edit: It's nice BTW to see another dutchman here! Where in holland do you live? Also, do you notice the similarity between our names? eerie coincedence, no?
you can setup a paypal easy. you don't need a credit card or anything. i've been using it for years.

have a look on hwjapan.com they're cheaper then hlj. and also don't be in a rush to get anything you bought. it has taken up to a month for something to reach me.. and if you want to save on shipping. buy like 2~4 kits at once.

I live deadcenter in the netherlands (it's netherlands, not holland. holland are the provinces). what similarity in our names are you talking about?
Old 2011-01-18, 23:17   Link #19814
Sworra

Quote:
I thought I had it bad .... But they sell gundam markers and tamiya stuff or a local equivalent?
Yeah they do, they sell every tool, paint, marker you can think of.. That's only if they have in stock then i'm waiting 2 to 3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
at least you actually can buy models in your local shops... the only stuff we have here are a few high grades in a couple of comic shops :P thats it...
I guess i'm blessed but i still refuse to pay those prices, It feels like i can't buy a kit from my local store cause i know i can get them a lot cheaper online. I can go and buy 2 MG's plus shipping and still beat the price of my local shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I know here in Canada the kit is expensive, but this price for an Exia in your area? In mine, it's 75 bucks.
There are very few places where i live in a city that's about over a million people living here that sell Gunpla so they have the minority of setting the prices. Need more shops to give them some competition. Cheers!!
Old 2011-01-19, 04:39   Link #19815
helois

Quote:
in Italian shop about 20-25€ for HG (HGUC or just arrived 30€); at least from 60€(MG Ball ver Ka)to 100 for a normal MG,more for titanium or special release and about 250€ for a PG...

for example i bought a MG Wing Gundam Zero Custom on Ebay for a total price of 50€(shipping included and 10% discount on the MG) after a week i go to the model shop for some acrilic colors.. the MG Wing Gundam zero custom was in the window at a ridiculous price of 90€...
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 05:11   Link #19816
Butagami

Quote:
you can setup a paypal easy. you don't need a credit card or anything. i've been using it for years.

have a look on hwjapan.com they're cheaper then hlj. and also don't be in a rush to get anything you bought. it has taken up to a month for something to reach me.. and if you want to save on shipping. buy like 2~4 kits at once.

I live deadcenter in the netherlands (it's netherlands, not holland. holland are the provinces). what similarity in our names are you talking about?
Then I guess I misunderstood something there
Just checked HWjapan. Can't believe I missed that, quite a difference in pricing. I think I'll do what you said and set up a wishlist first, and order them in one go. With my Dynames I'll satisfy my gunpla cravings for a while ^^

I was mistaken about the name, confused with another name I use elsewhere -.- Forget about it.

Edit: on HWjapan, how can you see what the shippingfees are before you register?
Old 2011-01-19, 06:05   Link #19817
pumpkins

Quote:
how exactly do you setup a paypal account without a credit card? i always thought you have to use it to transfer money into the paypal account.
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 06:43   Link #19818
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
how exactly do you setup a paypal account without a credit card? i always thought you have to use it to transfer money into the paypal account.
You can also transfer money from your bank to your Paypal-account. That´s what I do, anyway.
Old 2011-01-19, 17:08   Link #19819
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
You can also transfer money from your bank to your Paypal-account. That´s what I do, anyway.
I thought the same, thanks for clearing it up for us!
Old 2011-01-19, 17:59   Link #19820
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
I thought the same, thanks for clearing it up for us!
Your welcome

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy