Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-01-17, 21:01   Link #101
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
So just a guess Mira: her father actually transplanted his faugther's brainwaves into the robot? Or she is not a robot but a cyborg.
Mira was created when Yurizaki's wife and real daughter was still alive by none other than his wife no less. This makes a lot more sense than Yurizaki doing it since she was robotics engineer while his specialty was energy & physics. They had essentially combined their talents to create Mira. So Mira's personality and memories can also be attributed to his wife.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-01-17 at 21:14.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 22:23   Link #102
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Mira showing some cutiness by moving her antennas but wow Kyouma running really fast and all that way with out getting winded
Old 2016-01-17, 22:24   Link #103
Wandering Soul

Loser ended up having a lot more to him than I initially thought. He and his son are just people who have lost things important to them thanks to New Telsa. What the want with those numbers is unknown but it is no doubt going to help them get back at New Telsa.

We also found out more about Kyouma's past and he seems to have a deeply personal reason for hating coils. No doubt ot has to do with what happened to his team. It's possible Loser was on a similar team since he seems to have knowledge he shouldn't have.

We also got to see the dark side of coils thanks to that dimensional collapse. Mira's past also had some more clues brought to life.
Old 2016-01-18, 07:08   Link #104
Yamada II

Episode 2
Now we know the direction this show will be going in – one way or another, everything is leading towards the illegal coils and the New Tesla guys. And Mira has to follow the trail of illegal coils as per Yurizaki's wish. And that is why she is collecting coils with the cool Mobuchi, who probably has a painful memory associated with coils.

We also got to see how dangerous Dimension W is as the breakdown or whatever didn't end nicely for that museum guy. Loser is collecting numbered coils which would probably be linked to the illegal coils later on and, of course, New Tesla.

Some interesting stuff here, and this, of course, is staying.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 07:08   Link #105
kuromitsu

Two wife fridgings in one episode! And a little girl, too! Show is not skimping on lazy and vaguely(?) sexist clichés. I mean, really, come on. One wife is enough, why couldn't they come up with a different motivation for Loser? Is losing his limbs and being physically deformed not enough?

That aside, I liked this episode better than the first - more Nakamura and less android girl butt creepshots certainly helped, and I liked the horror display that was the result of the dimension implosion. But I'm still not sold on Dimension W. It's just kind of... so very typical anime, and not in a good way. I mean, if at least the main character was less of a "gruff but kickass main character with an angsty past" cliché. Or Mira less of a "cute, innocent girl who teams up with gruff main character because why not, and will eventually bring light into his cold, dried heart" cliché. Or if New Tesla wasn't so obviously an Evil Megacorporation. The rather painful robot armors in this episode didn't help, I mean really, what kind of security is that?

Anyway, it's not a bad series, but I'm really not feeling it so far.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 08:33   Link #106
bastek66

Funny thing, during scene with crowd there was a commercial of merchandise. Who wants Official Loser™'s Briefs?
Old 2016-01-18, 08:38   Link #107
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Mira was created when Yurizaki's wife and real daughter was still alive by none other than his wife no less. This makes a lot more sense than Yurizaki doing it since she was robotics engineer while his specialty was energy & physics. They had essentially combined their talents to create Mira. So Mira's personality and memories can also be attributed to his wife.
My bet remains with the daugther's brain (waves). For obvious reasons.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 08:52   Link #108
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

Same thought. Even though I like the manga a lot and needless to say the anime has met my expectations up to this point in terms of being faithful to the source, there's just something 'shallow' about it that makes it inferior to its counterpart. I don't know how to put it but the anime is just 'too good' that it's 'bad' (?)
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 10:32   Link #109
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
Same thought. Even though I like the manga a lot and needless to say the anime has met my expectations up to this point in terms of being faithful to the source, there's just something 'shallow' about it that makes it inferior to its counterpart. I don't know how to put it but the anime is just 'too good' that it's 'bad' (?)
Delightful. I like this show ... I look forward to watching it as much as I look forward to watching Snow White of the Red Hair ... and if it's completely faithful to its source manga, I won't lay awake at night wondering if I'm missing out by not reading it.
Old 2016-01-18, 10:38   Link #110
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well they're going through the material kinda fast. At the rate they're going they'll probably reach the translated chapters point at maybe episode 7 or 8.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 10:53   Link #111
DemonOfWrath

They're going through the material really fast. As I'd noticed a lot of dialogue cut out first episode I checked the manga as I watched episode 2 and there were just whole scenes simply cut out and/or heavily changed. I was hoping maybe they just really wanted to reach where they ended episode 1 at but it just looks like a rush job so I'm dropping it. It looks nice, but as an adaptation it's looking not good, and as a fan of the source material I'd rather not get disappointed.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 11:04   Link #112
Tranhieu

I don't mind it being fast if that's how the studio decided to keep the viewers interested in the show (and they're doing a good job actually). What I find it lacking is that they're skipping too much on trivia that in fact give depth to the world building.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 21:56   Link #113
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Yawn....I can't believe I fell asleep at the end. Dropped. This is just no common for me, oh well.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 21:58   Link #114
bakato

I'm a little disturbed at how they changed the fight scene with the bunny girls.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 07:40   Link #115
FateAnomaly

What is the purpose of Loser announcing his target and broadcasting it for?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 09:07   Link #116
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
What is the purpose of Loser announcing his target and broadcasting it for?
To disguise his true purpose. Loser was never after the art to begin with.nhe was after the coils hidden in them. Coils are NT's business so it's likely he's trying to dodge their eyes.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 09:31   Link #117
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
To disguise his true purpose. Loser was never after the art to begin with.nhe was after the coils hidden in them. Coils are NT's business so it's likely he's trying to dodge their eyes.
Also to provide distractions to the authorities.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 12:27   Link #118
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I'm a little disturbed at how they changed the fight scene with the bunny girls.
awww, now I gotta go check out the manga to see what they changed...

BTW, it's interesting how basing on Mira's personality with Emotions, she haven't gone insane after all these time, for literally having a video recording of people killing her creator and the daughter.

As for Loser, he looks awesome ATM, a bit better then the actual "badass" MC. (cause Loser have a purpose, unlike our Coil-less MC... no real purpose...)

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2016-01-19 at 12:40.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 14:55   Link #119
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Watched both episodes of this last night and I love it. Certain elements here and there might've come off as generic or clunky, but they were small enough/few enough in number that I feel I can overlook them to accept the whole product. Definitely staying on-board with this one.
Old 2016-01-20, 18:07   Link #120
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Two wife fridgings in one episode! And a little girl, too! Show is not skimping on lazy and vaguely(?) sexist clichés. I mean, really, come on. One wife is enough, why couldn't they come up with a different motivation for Loser? Is losing his limbs and being physically deformed not enough?

That aside, I liked this episode better than the first - more Nakamura and less android girl butt creepshots certainly helped, and I liked the horror display that was the result of the dimension implosion. But I'm still not sold on Dimension W. It's just kind of... so very typical anime, and not in a good way. I mean, if at least the main character was less of a "gruff but kickass main character with an angsty past" cliché. Or Mira less of a "cute, innocent girl who teams up with gruff main character because why not, and will eventually bring light into his cold, dried heart" cliché. Or if New Tesla wasn't so obviously an Evil Megacorporation. The rather painful robot armors in this episode didn't help, I mean really, what kind of security is that?

I've never understood why when the bad guys kill the male family member/love interest of the female protagonist, it's a legitimate motivation for revenge, but when they kill the female family member/love interest of the male protagonist, any legitimacy to the motivation is written off as "women in fridges" and proof positive that the writers are sexist bigots...

Tags
action, seinen