AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2006-12-09, 10:07   Link #441
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Hmm, I cannot figure out which of the many threads littered around seems to be the right one to look into and trying to go one by one would be most impractical. I have no idea how to start searching either.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 11:48   Link #442
AnimaniacForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by y063banana71 View Post
Well if it can turn white from black, then I daresay it can go black just as easily what with the harmonium doing its thang and all. I would like to see what the white diamond robe looks like. Theres a picture going around somewhere showing Fumi in an artists conception of what she would look like as an otome which is pretty nifty...but it's not real...
but fumi is probably coming back in the OAV... mai otome zwei episodes...

Fumi is back!!!...remember fumi's weapon?? you can sorta see it...
and when nina had the "pure white diamond" she had black wings in episode 26

Facts for why I think fumi is here

- black wings
- an otome
- the scythe fumi had
- the connection for otome is down
- the weird people raided fumi's "room".....so fumi is now a weird person
- black valley(or cat god nountain) has crumbled(fallen)......and in the original mai
otome miyu said that the earth's(otome) technology was first built there in
black valley

- fumi is the first otome (founder)
AnimaniacForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 10:05   Link #443
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Does anyone have any idea on how long the timeframe for MH is? Ie. how much time passes between the start of Ep One and the end of Ep 26?

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2007-01-09, 11:57   Link #444
Sansana
a green tea lover

Send a message via ICQ to Sansana Send a message via MSN to Sansana
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Does anyone have any idea on how long the timeframe for MH is? Ie. how much time passes between the start of Ep One and the end of Ep 26?
I think it's something like ~9 months. According to Natsuki's prelude, the anime starts soon after Shizuru became Seitokaichou and Mikoto's transfer to Fuuka Gauken, which I consider as the beginning of the school year. In the last ep Fumi is congratulating everyone on graduating, so it's the end of the final term.
Sansana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 20:30   Link #445
X207
Gamyūsa

just saw mai otome zwei ep 1 how many eps are left?nvm that. where can i find the other 3 eps, i really wanna see the other eps
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 20:46   Link #446
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
just saw mai otome zwei ep 1 how many eps are left?nvm that. where can i find the other 3 eps, i really wanna see the other eps
There are a total of 4 episodes to Zwei and each episode comes out every 2 months. Episode 2 comes out on February 23 and episode 3 comes out in May I think.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 20:50   Link #447
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
There are a total of 4 episodes to Zwei and each episode comes out every 2 months. Episode 2 comes out on February 23 and episode 3 comes out in May I think.
ya i just realised that too looked at airing date of ep 2 at anime news network.
damn it kinda reminds me of gundam seed stargazer series (but zwei takes 2x as long to finish).

cant wait 1 month, any1 hav a time machine handy???
Old 2007-01-12, 00:24   Link #448
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Mai's symbol

Could anyone please tell me what exactly does Mai's symbol represents? I couldn't find a better pic but I mean the symbol on this pic's background. Does anyone knows if it's an existing symbol or based on some existing symbol? I tried to look for it and it seems it might have some celtic influences. It resembles the Yin Yuan Yang and theTrinova-Kette a bit. The closest pic I found though was this one I took from a piece of clothe I own. I don't have any clue about it except that the label brand of the jacket in question is named "catch 23" (wonder if that means a thing )...
Well, that's as much clues as I have! Can anyone please help me?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-01-12 at 02:50. Reason: Threads merged
MartAnimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 02:49   Link #449
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It's called a mitsu tomoe. It stands for Heaven, Earth and Man existing in balance.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 13:00   Link #450
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
It's called a mitsu tomoe. It stands for Heaven, Earth and Man existing in balance.
Thank you very much! You were really helpful!
MartAnimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 20:40   Link #451
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansana View Post
I think it's something like ~9 months. According to Natsuki's prelude, the anime starts soon after Shizuru became Seitokaichou and Mikoto's transfer to Fuuka Gauken, which I consider as the beginning of the school year. In the last ep Fumi is congratulating everyone on graduating, so it's the end of the final term.
I see, I see.

That could be a problem, hmm?

(Failing to understand the significance of my question? A certain work of mine on FF.Net has the answers. XD No further meaning was intended, so stop analysing now, the buck stops here. )

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2007-01-25, 15:10   Link #452
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Why they wouldn't level-up Arika and Nina's rivalry to the caliber of let's say Naruto and Sasuke?

It would had led to a more dramatic development, rather than the plain fighting each other because both fell in love with the playa, Sergey.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 18:28   Link #453
Fukiri
Lazy ass

Send a message via MSN to Fukiri
For the same reason Sunrise did a lot of stupid stuff on Otome. I want to believe tha they actually didn't put much effort to do this series. The animation was way worse than Hime, the plot was so big that the majority of the characters didn't get a decent development, the story was way to lame and simple to the point that you already knew what was going to happen miles away and the fights that.... well, didn't actually exist. The reason? I guess Sunrise just saw an opportunity to sell more action figures, more DVDs, CDs and stuff like that. Since Hime was a huge success, why not? As for me, they ended up ruining Mai Hime's name. Still, I'm enjoying the OVA (yeah, even if Arika is still there >_>) so I hope they don't mess that out too with useless love stories and fanservice.
Fukiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 03:50   Link #454
gashunum

I wonder why in Haruka's materializing scene says (Connected) instead of Connected, its both in anime and ps2 game
gashunum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 13:44   Link #455
Fukiri
Lazy ass

Send a message via MSN to Fukiri
Now that's a good question! I had never noticed that before... Maybe we will get some answers on the next OVA... But possibly that's because Haruka might not be using the robe full potential... Well, let's wait and see.
Fukiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 21:55   Link #456
X207
Gamyūsa

i hav a MH question, why was mikoto allowed to lug around miroku (the sword) everywhere she went, dont u think its funny that haruka didnt protest non stop to shizuru about that?, im sure everyone caught on to the fact that the giant sleeve wasnt a playtoy or backpack
Old 2007-02-13, 22:26   Link #457
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
i hav a MH question, why was mikoto allowed to lug around miroku (the sword) everywhere she went, dont u think its funny that haruka didnt protest non stop to shizuru about that?, im sure everyone caught on to the fact that the giant sleeve wasnt a playtoy or backpack

Haruka probably thought it was a Shinai...it was always covered up anyway. If I can remember correctly it was covered in the same kind of sac or sheath that students of kendo carry around...maybe she thought that she was into kendo lol.

--Lone Wolf
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 22:46   Link #458
X207
Gamyūsa

lol, mikoto and kendo. well shes not too bright/unlucky/slow to notice things to start with
Old 2007-02-13, 23:06   Link #459
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
lol, mikoto and kendo. well shes not too bright/unlucky/slow to notice things to start with

That's true . And with some students carrying the same sheaths or sacs around, Mikoto's would more or less blend in.

--Lone Wolf
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 13:56   Link #460
lycantivis

So I am confused cause its been posted quiet a few times that otome and hime have nothing to do with each other. But at the end of otome miyu goes to the school where the director in hime brought every one back. At that same point with the same style computer screens miyu unlocks the 2 requirements of being a otome to alow all the girls to use their robes without masters and contracts. Also it was spoken in the midle of otome that some one was geting close to making slaves just like children.Let alone mikoto still has the mark of hime and is said to be the last of the "originals".
Spoiler:
lycantivis is offline   Reply With Quote