AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-08-17, 05:43   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 836 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

The magazine's break is over, so we're back to our regularly scheduled spoilers! Credit goes to AP's Sandman for the summary:

-Chapter title is "The vivre card Lola gave". Splash page featured Aokiji.

-Nami is shocked to learn that the man stuck in the hole is Lola's father. It seems that while her guard is down, the rabbit warrior Randolph is about to attack her, but Big Mom's son Cracker warns him not to interfere. As for Cracker himself, his powerful aura (which is confirmed NOT to be conqueror's haki) makes the surrounding trees wither away!

-Cracker explains that Big Mom was worried that Brulee would lose to Luffy since he was strong enough to beat Doflamingo, thus he was sent. Upon hearing this, an angry Brulee tells him that she can kill the Straw-Hats instantly. With her is the owner of the Seducing Woods, a gigantic tree named King Baum! After the new arrival appears, Brulee proceeds to shatter the mirrors that Carrot and Chopper are trapped in, but the two are still safe. Furthermore, Cracker is prepared to kill Lola's father (whose name is Pound), but Luffy stops him! As the two start fighting, more trees start withering away from Cracker's aura. During the fight, Nami takes out the vivre card Lola gave her back at Thriller Bark. King Baum is shocked, saying he cannot attack Nami, as he feel's Big Mom's soul emanating from the card.....

-Back to Luffy vs. Cracker, Luffy is having some trouble against his opponent. It turns out that Cracker has a bounty of 860 million and is also known as "Thousand Hands" Cracker. He has a strange DF ability where hitting his own arms makes MORE arms grow! He now has eight arms, seven of them holding swords, the eighth one holding a cracker-shaped shield. He says he won't allow them to ruin the tea party. Nami tells Luffy that he shouldn't fight seriously as that's not their goal, but the rubber pirate says that once he gets into a fight, he ALWAYS takes it seriously....!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2016-08-18 at 15:42.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 06:28   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Oh yeah, finally if Lola reunited with Nami they will have a long cherished chat and maybe Nami can convince Lola to become her allies.

For Cracker, i can guess it was like fuku fuku no mi which can multiple anything or do i spell wrong about fruit that can multiply the arms?
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 11:50   Link #3
Rainbowman

If Nico Robin were to meet with Cracker, she might have an advantage over him.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 12:02   Link #4
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Well she was hana hana no mi so she can bloom any part of her body like flowers but i think she can't bloom more than one of her own replica.
Old 2016-08-18, 03:58   Link #5
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post

Eh, I doubt it. Cracker would still have an advantage over her in strength, I think. Besides, any pain her sprouted limbs/clones receives are felt by the main body, so if she gets cut by multiple swords at once.... yikes.

Anyways, looking at the spoiler pics, it seems that Cracker can multiply his legs as well, not just his arms. I've also gotta admit.... while I'm not the biggest fan of discussing power levels, I am still a bit curious as to how Cracker's ability would stack up against Zoro's Asura....?
Old 2016-08-18, 11:11   Link #6
DoubtGin

This arc is going to be amazing.
DoubtGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 13:35   Link #7
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Cracker is probably an opponent of similar strength to Doflamingo. He is not someone Luffy can mess around with. The whole idea was to infiltrate this kingdom unnoticed and slip out before it gets too hot. They know they can't fight their way through, at least in theory, but it's going to become even more obvious very soon. Can Luffy defeat one of Big Mom's Top 3 dudes? Maybe. Can he take them all on? No chance. Can he take on Big Mom herself? No chance in hell. Does he have anyone strong enough to be of assistance in those fights? No. Jimbei is around somewhere, but that's not enough. Sanji is captured, and to get to him, they'd have to fight even more threats. What the Strawhats need in this arc is not brawn, but brains. Either that or luck. The Vivre Card may be the only way for them to turn this around.
Old 2016-08-18, 15:55   Link #8
marvelB

Yeah, if Cracker is around the same level as Doflamingo, then this would definitely be a tough fight for Luffy. What particularly stands out to me about him is that he intimidated those trees to the point of them withering away..... despite NOT using haki. If that's not his DF power at work, then that truly is a sign of how powerful he is, if you ask me. In which case, I just gotta wonder what kind of monsters the other two commanders of Big Mom's crew are? Maybe the tongue guy keeping watch on Caesar is one of them, as well....?
Old 2016-08-18, 21:20   Link #9
jordan_d_dragon

finally things get interesting,i hope cracker can give a decent fight to lufffy.800 million beli is no joke(bigger than ace bounty).
jordan_d_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 00:23   Link #10
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Cracker is probably an opponent of similar strength to Doflamingo.
Based on Cracker's bounty, being a direct Emperor underling and just the timeliness of his introduction in the story, I'd guess he's slightly stronger than Mingo. So yea, Luffy has no chance in this fight. He'll likely get captured.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 09:15   Link #11
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Based on Cracker's bounty, being a direct Emperor underling and just the timeliness of his introduction in the story, I'd guess he's slightly stronger than Mingo. So yea, Luffy has no chance in this fight. He'll likely get captured.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that Luffy has no chance. But given everything said about Cracker, Luffy would probably have to pull out Gear 4 to match/beat him.

-----

You guys think that Bobbins is one of the 3 sweet commanders? I'd say there's a good chance he is.
Old 2016-08-19, 15:36   Link #12
marvelB

Come to think of it, Cracker makes me once again wonder how tough an opponent Jack would have been for Luffy if he hadn't been smacked away by a gargantuan elephant's trunk. That guy has a bounty of a billion, led a relentless assault on the minks (who are no pushovers themselves), recklessly attacked a marine convoy with several admirals/VAs on board, and is considered one the "disasters" of Kaidou's crew, so I'd think he would give our rubber friend a run for his money....
Old 2016-08-19, 19:21   Link #13
Slayerx

i wouldn't be so quick to overhype Cracker's strength. Afterall we can't forget we also got a chance to see Whitebeard's top commanders in action. We may not have gotten a chance to see too much, but we did see Jozu, who is basically whitebeard's number 3, kind of get toyed with by doflamingo during the battle of marineford. The strength of a yonkou's top men may vary a lot. He should be strong to be sure, but i think it may be a quick assumption to think he would be stronger the Mingo
Old 2016-08-19, 21:39   Link #14
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
i wouldn't be so quick to overhype Cracker's strength. The strength of a yonkou's top men may vary a lot. He should be strong to be sure, but i think it may be a quick assumption to think he would be stronger the Mingo
Logically, Cracker should be stronger than Mingo. Big Mom knows Luffy defeated Mingo, so it wouldn't make much sense to send someone after him who's weaker than Mingo.
Old 2016-08-20, 04:08   Link #15
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Logically, Cracker should be stronger than Mingo. Big Mom knows Luffy defeated Mingo, so it wouldn't make much sense to send someone after him who's weaker than Mingo.
Well that assumes that Big mom knows how Cracker measures up to Mingo. She could very well be underestimating how strong mingo was, or overestimating how strong her own commanders are. If her commanders never fought Mingo then she would not really have anyway to gauge where they stand in comparison to each other.
Old 2016-08-20, 08:29   Link #16
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well that assumes that Big mom knows how Cracker measures up to Mingo. She could very well be underestimating how strong mingo was, or overestimating how strong her own commanders are. If her commanders never fought Mingo then she would not really have anyway to gauge where they stand in comparison to each other.
Which she probably does have a good grasp of. Big Mom isn't stupid - on the contrary she's quite intelligent and has been shown to have solid intel. Big Mom unlike the enemies that came before her is not underestimating Luffy. That's exactly why she showed doubt over Brulee being able to handle the strawhats and thus sent one of her top guys instead to deal with the situation.

And a direct confrontation isn't always necessary to know if you're stronger than someone or not. Kaido basically shat on the shichibukai when he called Mingo a weakling for losing to Luffy. Having a "top" subordinate weaker than someone looked down on like that wouldn't make much sense.
Old 2016-08-20, 13:55   Link #17
marvelB

Yeah, I'm more or less with BDK here. Again, even if he's not stronger than Dofla, Cracker should at least be at a similar level, ESPECIALLY if he's meant to be equivalent to Kaidou's 3 disasters. And again, Jack getting swatted away by an elephant doesn't make him a weakling (lasting several days in a war with the minks, attacking marine admirals straight afterwards and apparently coming out of THAT altercation with no more than a mere boo-boo). So yeah, if Cracker is Big Mom's "Jack", I don't think he should be taken lightly (heck, bounty isn't even that far off from Jack's, either)....

...Hey, Cracker Jack, get it? That even fits in with the whole sweet snack theme of BM's crew!
Old 2016-08-20, 15:36   Link #18
Blades4u

Official prediction, Cracker is gonna wreck Luffy. Powerful henchmen takeout the hero before the final boss battle Its the law of shounen manga.
Blades4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 22:00   Link #19
Ramero

Or maybe unexpected sudden turn of events happens like Lola's instinct makes her decide to rescue Nami and Straw hats. Since Lola and Nami are now sworn sisters, Nami can be considered as a part of Big Mom's crew but not bound with Big Mom in any ways.
Old 2016-08-21, 10:58   Link #20
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 836
That was not a bad chapter and things are finally getting exciting. Has for Luffy I wonder how Oda will pull him out of Big Mama's territory in one piece? I think there will have to be a surprise guest if force is to be used, because Jimbe, Luffy, Nami, Chopper, Sanji, and the Zou natives( who partnered with the Straw hats) are not enough to force there way out. Someone will have to make a guest appearance in my opinion. I don't see Luffy being able to negotiate with Big Mama. Why? Because he already despises Cracker for trying to kill his own father, and Big Mama has already showed she will attack her own family. Plus if Big Mama does something to Jimbi then Luffy will only become more enraged. Maybe Luffy has something up his sleeve like a ace( Card not his brother) but I highly doubt it. But I believe someone will have to lend a hand in escaping or forcing Big Mama to the negotiation table. I think Sanji will be the hero of this arch and save the straw hats. Maybe Sanji will negotiate with Big mama and give her something she can't refuse( like a kick ass cook). I think he will be the key to ending this situation and it won't be through force either.

Cracker Vs. Luffy Prediction
I think Luffy will beat Cracker down. Why? Because Luffy has the Gear 4 has his trump card. If you guys are saying that Cracker is similar to Daflamingo in strength the Gear 4 will be more than enough to defeat him. If you recall Daflamingo could not even hurt Luffy when he was in Gear 4.

Daflamingo's Bounty
I think Daflamingo in my opinion after seeing Cracker's bounty (860 million) and Jack's bounty(1 Billion), is worth more then either of the two. Daflamingo when I see him he could be a first officer or one of the top fighters of any Yonkou if he had to join a Yonkou crew. If he had a bounty it would be 1.5 billion. Why such a high bounty? First Daflamingo knows how to use King haki, it does not sound like much but he knows how to use it well. King haki in the one piece universe is a sign of strength and potentials. Second he is a former celetial dragon, that alone will earn him a big boost in bounty. He knows too much and I feel the celetial dragons are fed up with being manipulated by him. Three Daflamingo in my opinion has displayed a rather impressive mastery over his Devil fruit, even beyond the normal users like Luffy. Four he has shown very capable of running huge operations and ruling a kingdom. I believe a huge boost to Daflamingo's bounty would not be from his fighting capabilities but from how ruthless he is and the information he knows about the celetial dragons. Daflamingo is a strong fighter but what would put him head of Cracker and Jack is his brain. Has for power I don't know who would actually win if you ever pitted Jack, Cracker, or any Yonkou top fighters against Daflamingo? But I do know this Daflmaingo does qualify to be in the same tier.

A trio of power house? This is a prediction
With Jimbi now deciding to join the straw hats I believe that the straw hats will be the most powerful of the supernovas crew. Jimbi, Luffy, and Zoro individually will have equal fighting strength when it comes to the Yonkou's top fighters (Cracker, Marco, Jack, and any other top fighters in Yonkous crew). Jimbi did okay in the Marineford war and two years have passed(he got stronger). Has for Zoro and Luffy it helps when you have seasoned fighters like Mihawk and Rayleigh has your mentors. Both of them know what the New World is like and both can survive it with ease. By seeing what Rayleigh has done for Luffy it should be interesting to see what Mihawk has done for Zoro.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote