Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-01-02, 00:07   Link #1
Zeffer
The Tragic Hero

Send a message via AIM to Zeffer Send a message via Yahoo to Zeffer
Survival\Horror

Okay, I've never even heard of an anime like this, but I'm looking for something that's survival horror. Something along the lines of: Alien, Predator, The Thing, or Pitch Black. I would rather it be a movie or OVA series, but a TV series would work as well (No ghost-hunter like shows, please.). I don't care about how old it is, nor if it's licensed or not.

Any help would be... well... helpful.

Thanks in advanced!
Old 2005-01-02, 00:14   Link #2
Ging_Freecs
Talaga lang ha?

Im not sure if this is like what you want but I think it is
Try Soultaker, Hellsing or Vampire Hunter D
Old 2005-01-02, 00:22   Link #3
Zeffer
The Tragic Hero

Not really what I'm looking for, but thanks. (I have seen each of those and did like them, but not what I’m looking for right now. It’s funny you mention SoulTaker though, I'm about halfway done downloading as of now.)

I guess a better expiation of what I'm looking for is something that is not about anything but getting out of a senior alive. Not really a run-and-gun, but a “run-like-hell in hopes of getting out alive,” type thing. Sorry if it’s really vague, but I can’t think of any way to really describe it, other then listing a few of the movies I had in my first post.
Old 2005-01-02, 06:14   Link #4
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffer
Not really what I'm looking for, but thanks. (I have seen each of those and did like them, but not what I’m looking for right now. It’s funny you mention SoulTaker though, I'm about halfway done downloading as of now.)

I guess a better expiation of what I'm looking for is something that is not about anything but getting out of a senior alive. Not really a run-and-gun, but a “run-like-hell in hopes of getting out alive,” type thing. Sorry if it’s really vague, but I can’t think of any way to really describe it, other then listing a few of the movies I had in my first post.
Im afraid what you're looking for is very Hollywood-ish, and not often done in Anime.
Basically you looking for something along the lines of an anime of Resident evil which to my knowledge does not exist.

The theme is too American so I don't think you'll have much luck.
Old 2005-01-02, 16:14   Link #5
sothis

Galerians: Rion

also

Black Magic M-66
Old 2005-01-02, 21:28   Link #6
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

You might like Gantz, manga or anime (manga is much, much better though). The early parts tend to have a very 'RUN to stay alive' feel, and even thought it drops that theme (in a way) later, by then you should be in love with it. Anyway, whether it meets all your criteria or not, it's worth checking out.
Old 2005-01-02, 23:33   Link #7
Zeffer
The Tragic Hero

I've seen Galerians, eh, I think it was empty, but seeing as it was just parts of game I didn't think it would be that good. And I'm trying to get Black Magic M-66, looks like what I'm looking for, so thanks.

As for Gantz, I like what I saw of it, but never finished\keep up with it and never got around to reading the manga, though I do mean to at one point.

For the topic in general; I didn't think there was anything like that. I just thought I would ask because I was looking for something new and thought it might be cool to see an Anime version of a horror movie.
Old 2005-01-03, 02:15   Link #8
sothis

you'll enjoy black magic m-66, then.. it's basically like terminator quite refreshing, really. nothing super deep, just good entertainment.
Old 2005-01-03, 08:39   Link #9
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
closest thing i can think of might be hellsing.

hmm im sure there gotta be more than that out there... ooooh maybe the guyver

yeah guyver

guyver has monsters in it and the main character is the guyver. its quite gruesome... you might be to young for it
My Anime List

Last edited by Wavie; 2005-01-03 at 08:51.
Old 2005-01-03, 08:47   Link #10
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Battle Royale is a japanese live-action movie that I think fits your description of Survival/Horror!

I would also reccomend Gantz, and maybe Elfen Lied...
Old 2005-01-03, 10:09   Link #11
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

There's a Galerian anime? I love that game quite a lot, great sci-fi story. How is the anime?
Old 2005-01-03, 11:22   Link #12
sothis

well, here's the entry with screens, click the reviews link to read my review.

i never played the game, but i LOVED the anime. but like zeffer said, it's mostly scenes from the game that are either straight from the game, OR scenes that are from the game and have been turned into CG... but still, you may enjoy it.
Old 2005-01-03, 16:01   Link #13
Zeffer
The Tragic Hero

Hellsign was great, I thought, I got into the manga some as well, until I had to format. I think I'll start that back up again now that I'm thinking of it though. Elfin Lied is one of my favorites, it's right up there with Berserk (The best of the best, IMO.).

I didn't know they had a Guyver anime, I saw the live action movie a long time ago though... and well... yeah, that didn't go over too well, but an anime of it might be cool, so I'll check that out.

Thanks for the help, keep any ideas you have coming.
Closed Thread