AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 58 51.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 30.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-03, 20:10   Link #101
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post

--It turned out that Ranka wasn't a quarter Zentradi, but a quarter Vajra lol j/k Her body composition definitely is special. I also had the impression that there was a vajra inside her when her belly glowed--as ridiculous as that sounds. I really hope she doesn't die in the end or have to part with Alto or something. Alto and her really get along too well, and if I were a twisted writer and want to create an unforgettable forbidden romance, I'd definitely do the latter scenario Atleast just make it seem that way.
Ranka is indeed 1/4 Zentradi, as stated by Kawamori himself. Ranka being part Vajra is a good theory, but if that is true, then it is an additional genetic makeup to Ranka.

Quote:
--No matter how I look at it, Alto is just prettier than Ranka. This is the first time we saw Alto's hair down and I think he has better hair than Sheryl. He didn't even use any shampoo.
Oh, gosh, no argument against that, EVER! Especially after this episode, I am absolutely convinced he will do Kabuki again.

Quote:
--Brera is a dreamboat--oniichan or cyborg or whatever. He's just too badass. I'm gonna have a problem if he dies later on, especially now that we're going to delve into his background next episode. I want that screenshot of little Brera from Ranka's flashback....Loli Alto has competition.
This is Kira Yamato we are talking about here, he is supposed to be bad ass

Quote:
--Ranka's mother, I feel like I was listening to Aeris Gainsborough lol I wonder if she's really her mom since they have different hair color and Ranka's hair is so different from her family. Atleast Brera's is yellow-greenish.
Not surprisingly, they are voiced by the same Maya Sakamoto.

Quote:
--It's also interesting to note how much Alto cares for Ranka here. Looking at his nonchalant attitude to her in episodes 5-9 & 11, seeing him this desperate kind of balances Ranka's desperation for his attention earlier on.
Oh, just falls into place. The way Hikaru treated Minmei was highly reminiscent of the way Alto treats Ranka. I suspect Alto and Sheryl would be having a serious heart - to - heart later on, but we shall see.

- Tak
Old 2008-07-03, 20:14   Link #102
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post

I figure he made it to the fold booster that was floating around in space before he got hit.
Ah, yeah I forgot about that. I didn't see it get wiped out so it must still be out there. But since he doesn't know where the Vajra went that means he will not be a part of the Ranka Rescue Team.
Old 2008-07-03, 20:17   Link #103
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
This is Kira Yamato we are talking about here, he is supposed to be bad ass
Athrun Zala > Kira Yamato lol

Quote:
Oh, just falls into place. The way Hikaru treated Minmei was highly reminiscent of the way Alto treats Ranka. I suspect Alto and Sheryl would be having a serious heart - to - heart later on, but we shall see.

- Tak
Yes yes. Only difference is, Minmay Ranka loves Alto-Hikaru back more, and this is Macross Frontier instead of DYRL.
Old 2008-07-03, 20:17   Link #104
Tak

Something also tells me Ranka's father might be... Jeffry

Quote:
Yes yes. Only difference is, Minmay Ranka loves Alto-Hikaru back, and this is Macross Frontier instead of DYRL.
So did Minmei 1983.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2008-07-03 at 20:43.
Old 2008-07-03, 20:18   Link #105
zalem

Quote:
--Brera is a dreamboat--oniichan or cyborg or whatever. He's just too badass. I'm gonna have a problem if he dies later on, especially now that we're going to delve into his background next episode. I want that screenshot of little Brera from Ranka's flashback....Loli Alto has competition.
I hope he doesn't die, but I have a feeling he might by the end of the series.

Quote:
--Fear the LAI technology. Grace transformations here gross me out. So implanted people in Galaxy are bionicles like her? I'm surprised Sheryl didn't even notice that her manager is in that planet about to be destroyed. Seeing that she has no idea of Grace's motives, is she that confident that Grace's implants will save her from a self-destructing planet?
I wouldn't care much about Grace still being on the planet either....she was poisoning Sheryl the whole time afterall.

Quote:
Not in my book...I wanted to smack Athrun in GSD. But then there was much FAIL in GSD...
Old 2008-07-03, 20:35   Link #106
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Athrun ended up with Cagalli while Kira got Lacus. That right there makes Kira superior to him.
Old 2008-07-03, 20:45   Link #107
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Athrun ended up with Cagalli while Kira got Lacus. That right there makes Kira superior to him.
Absolute Blasphemy.

Kira= Brera (oniichan)
Cagalli=Ranka (imouto)

Lacus=Sheryl (pink heads)
Athrun= Alto (blue to blue)

Now this works.
Old 2008-07-03, 20:47   Link #108
Tak

Quote:
Absolute Blasphemy.

Kira= Brera (oniichan)
Cagalli=Ranka (imouto)
Pfft, they almost did it, you know it and I know it.

Besides, this is anime, incest accepted.

- Tak
Old 2008-07-03, 20:52   Link #109
SymphonicRain

Wut.

Why are we comparing the holy macross to a heretical Gundam Seed?
Old 2008-07-03, 20:55   Link #110
Tak

*Points at ani_d*

She started it! She started it!!!!!!

*Whistles*

- Tak
Old 2008-07-03, 20:58   Link #111
roan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
You mean the Macross 13?

The gamefaq was way off as it was 13 that had the FCS and blew up.

FCS?

To be accurate, the head compartment unit for the original Macross was destroyed + Macross 13 was also obliterated.
Old 2008-07-03, 20:58   Link #112
glyph

Quote:
I figure he made it to the fold booster that was floating around in space before he got hit.
Who would have figured Alto of all people would get Kakizaki'd? (or so it appears).
Old 2008-07-03, 20:59   Link #113
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Is Brera really confirmed to be a nii-san? I see lots of hints, but why wasn't he in the family photo? My osananajimi senses are tingling.

I wonder if Sheryl will be given the same set of choices by the military as Alto was, given that she's unofficially piloting a VF. I would love to see her get to pilot one of her own.

Good to see Diamond Crevasse back.
Old 2008-07-03, 21:09   Link #114
SymphonicRain

Brera is highly likely to be in the family photo as the person in the centre though his face is obscured by the fracture.

In addition, this pretty much seals the whole deal he's her brother or the boy in the picture:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-03, 21:11   Link #115
Tak

There was a photo of Ranka's father. Does he not resemble... Jeffrey?

- Tak
Old 2008-07-03, 21:13   Link #116
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
Brera is highly likely to be in the family photo as the person in the centre though his face is obscured by the fracture.

In addition, this pretty much seals the whole deal he's her brother or the boy in the picture:

Spoiler:
Good catch, on both accounts.

I thought there was only one person in the obscured part of the photo, but I guess the pants started too low to the ground.
Old 2008-07-03, 21:15   Link #117
zalem

Brera is in the family photo. And he appears in both Ranka's flashbacks with her family, including the one with her mother speaking. He even has the harmonica in the flashback.

edit: SymphonicRain beat me to it. Brera also has the harmonica in the first flashback too.
Old 2008-07-03, 21:18   Link #118
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
Frontier just kicked into third gear folks......let's hope it's a six speed engine. WOW.

Perfect ten from me.
and it achieved the impossible ...3rd GEAR VTACK YO

jk

this show is giving me serious epic and wtf vibes

a 10/10
Old 2008-07-03, 21:23   Link #119
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Well at least they got a chance to scream "Yaku Deculture!!!" before they perished.
In context of the situation the Advisor meant "OHHHH SHHHIIITTT!".

I think though in true Quamzin fashion Temjin will be back.
Old 2008-07-03, 21:41   Link #120
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Depression was the first thing I felt after the giddiness at watching the episode. 7 days...and then we have to wait another 7 days and so on and so forth until we get to the end of the series...
I second that, although I'm still a little traumatized too. Again thanks for the early translation of some scenes ickem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Is Brera really confirmed to be a nii-san? I see lots of hints, but why wasn't he in the family photo? My osananajimi senses are tingling.

I wonder if Sheryl will be given the same set of choices by the military as Alto was, given that she's unofficially piloting a VF. I would love to see her get to pilot one of her own.
Sheryl = Basara that would be so awesome I might cry... and vomit... simultaneously.

Someone posted a really good pic of the family portrait back on page 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
In context of the situation the Advisor meant "OHHHH SHHHIIITTT!".
Isn't that pretty much the direct translation of yak deculture?

Quote:
--No matter how I look at it, Alto is just prettier than Ranka. This is the first time we saw Alto's hair down and I think he has better hair than Sheryl. He didn't even use any shampoo.
I think... he's alot girlier than Ranka too...
Closed Thread