AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-02-12, 18:55   Link #221
cerrian

I'm all for having a worst award for each category. It is always good to see the other side of the spectrum. Plus it makes for some interesting times when you can get everyone to agree that something was crap...see dragonaut forum for a good example.
cerrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 20:38   Link #222
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Personally, I think the main reason Ranka and Suzaku are there is that MF and CG were widely watched compared with the other two series. Most people avoided Dragonaut like the plague (with good reason...if there is one series that deserves worst anime of the year it's that one and I think very few will argue with me on this) so they didn't have the displeasure of knowing Kazuki. There is no way Ranka or Suzaku come even close to being as bad as him.

That's not to say that those characters don't have deficiencies...there's a reason why they are hated among their respective fandoms. And like you said, not all of it is due to shipping or whatever other bias you might throw out there. But I think the fact that they are so well known is certainly a big factor as to why they are getting all these votes.
All the characters have their defiiciencies or things about them you just don't like it just so happens that Suzaku and Ranka are the most popular in that regard it's too bad many users didn't see how truly bad Dragonaut was then it would have won in a landslide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
A lot of people who voted Geass best storyline, or just Geass entirely, got negative repped.

Well, moving away from the rep, I think it should be Worst Development instead of Worst Character. Cause Worst character character can go two ways, It can say their development was horrible, or that the person hates them and thinks they're the worst ever. I know it might not help much but still
And you wonder why
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 20:51   Link #223
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

I don't wonder why. Geass is hated, not as much as other things, but there's a lot of Geass hate.

I say forget the worst catagories all together.
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 20:52   Link #224
Autumn Demon
~

I like the Worst Character category. Please keep it.

It's nice to know that others hate Suzaku too. (i saw Code Geass and Kanokon, yet still voted for Suzaku over Kanokon's male lead). :P

Also, Makoto from School Days, a pretty good character in my eyes, won it last year, but i'm not bitching about it. It's good to be reminded that your tastes in characters are different from others.
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 20:56   Link #225
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

A pretty good. Not your favorite though?
Old 2009-02-12, 21:26   Link #226
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
And how many of them come from people who aren't anti-moe axe grinders?
I'm one of them. Don't really have a problem with the whole "moe" thing, just with bad (or badly developed) characters. Note I didn't vote for Ranka, either...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 22:03   Link #227
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
I don't wonder why. Geass is hated, not as much as other things, but there's a lot of Geass hate.

I say forget the worst catagories all together.
But you never gave any reasons why it's hated and don't say its because it's popular because there's a list of reasons why users don't like it, in the end this is more of a popularity contest than anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post
I like the Worst Character category. Please keep it.

It's nice to know that others hate Suzaku too. (i saw Code Geass and Kanokon, yet still voted for Suzaku over Kanokon's male lead). :P

Also, Makoto from School Days, a pretty good character in my eyes, won it last year, but i'm not bitching about it. It's good to be reminded that your tastes in characters are different from others.
And this is what I'm talking about. WAY TO MISS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE ARGUMENT BTW! There's a difference between worst and hated incase you didn't know, Suzaku and Ranka are hated but they are far from the worst characters in their own respective series (also way to fail at taste as well since the male lead in Kanokon was horrible, like you care). Obviously users don't care for quality so what's the point.
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 23:25   Link #228
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Sorry to interupt this discution, but when will be posted the results of the vote?
Old 2009-02-12, 23:38   Link #229
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Please refer to this post. Basically, no estimates yet.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 05:40   Link #230
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

If it really causes so many issues in the aftermath, why not change "Best" to "Favorite" and "Worst" to "Least Favorite"?

Also, if we take Haku-Men's earlier post a step up, then this turns into "What's the point of voting at all" because whatever the majority nominated is likely going to reflect what the majority will also vote for.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 09:43   Link #231
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
If it really causes so many issues in the aftermath, why not change "Best" to "Favorite" and "Worst" to "Least Favorite"?
I couldn't even vote but that's actually a good idea.

Quote:
Also, if we take Haku-Men's earlier post a step up, then this turns into "What's the point of voting at all" because whatever the majority nominated is likely going to reflect what the majority will also vote for.
I think that's what a "[anime viewer's] choice awards" is always going to be and there's nothing inherently wrong with that, other than not liking the idea in general.

If you want to see the winners being elected under a different set of criteria, then either change the type of contest into something that doesn't involve voting or, preferrably, make two kinds of awards.

"[Think of a better term than editor] choice" vs. "viewer's choice" or something along those same lines. That way you have the popular choices from the community and also a more nuanced selection (not necessarily better, but that's another subject).
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 10:11   Link #232
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Well, I still don't think Worst catagories are all that good. You'll just have haters come and vote the series into worst when the fans will vote it into best.
Old 2009-02-24, 01:39   Link #233
Autumn Demon
~

Have results been released yet? Haven't seen any yet so i looked through some of the categories myself

Ookami to Koushinryou wins adventure/fantasy in a landslide, 50 or so votes ahead of second.

Mecha is too close to determine. I have Code Geass one vote ahead of Macross Frontier.

Code Geass has a more decisive victory for storyline.

Female character seems to be won by Horo, with Sheryl and C.C. tied for second by my estimate.

Suzaku has a narrow lead over Ranka for worst character, too close to be certain.
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 16:36   Link #234
Kyomi
What do I know?

I will receive the files sometimes today, expect result thread within 24 hours.

Tags
choice awards