AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-07-03, 10:05   Link #41
Ketsu-Kun
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ketsu-Kun Send a message via MSN to Ketsu-Kun
I can edit (That's Editor in the sense of a script.), design a site and program it or distro and help co-ordinate for you if you want.

Last edited by Ketsu-Kun; 2004-07-10 at 06:08.
Ketsu-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 14:49   Link #42
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
I can't remember exactly where I read it, but the studio in question (whoever they were) are currently working on several series, and the Stellvia series is NOT a priority. I think they mentioned 2005 again :/
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 15:16   Link #43
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

That's Xebec. And while they are working on it, they haven't really seem to have finished
a lot yet (still in generic "pre-production"), so it could be a while before anything happens.
( http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=14535 )
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 15:58   Link #44
Ketsu-Kun
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ketsu-Kun Send a message via MSN to Ketsu-Kun
I'm just happy that even plans for Stellvia 2 exist.
Ketsu-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 23:03   Link #45
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Assuming Im not still engulfed with projects as I am now, Id be happy to join as a translator if needed.
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 05:47   Link #46
crosspad

You can count me in if you need a timer/typesetter and/or QCer
crosspad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 02:51   Link #47
aceleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elepsis
Well, to be on topic, JediNight, I think most of the fansubbers who would volunteer for this outside of their group are not the kind of staff you're looking for -- I assume you're looking for "veteran" fansubbers up to your calibre.
elepsis doesn't think i'm veteran enough... /me cries
aceleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 23:27   Link #48
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

ace, I just hate you because you're keeping me from my SnO.
Elepsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 00:12   Link #49
crysknife
summon the worms

Hopefully the JediNight hasn't completely stopped checking this topic otherwise this post is pointless. I can definitely be QCer and editor (in the sense of proof-reading) with the possibility of encoder. No experience in fansubbing but gotta start somewhere, right?
crysknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 04:46   Link #50
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysknife
Hopefully the JediNight hasn't completely stopped checking this topic otherwise this post is pointless. I can definitely be QCer and editor (in the sense of proof-reading) with the possibility of encoder. No experience in fansubbing but gotta start somewhere, right?
I personally think that in order for a person to become/be a QCer, he/she should have A LOT of fansubbing experience, preferably with some Japanese knowledge and a good understanding of every fansubbing job as well as experience in handling those jobs and correcting errors that way. A fansubbing rookie is not a good QCer imo.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 07:34   Link #51
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
I personally think that in order for a person to become/be a QCer, he/she should have A LOT of fansubbing experience, preferably with some Japanese knowledge and a good understanding of every fansubbing job as well as experience in handling those jobs and correcting errors that way. A fansubbing rookie is not a good QCer imo.
On the contrary, someone who is well versed in English can spot many mistakes in a lot of fansubs without having to have previous experience. It doesn't take an experienced fansubber to notice that words are spelled wrong, grammar is incorrect and that the video looks bad. Of course, depending on only one such person is probably not good, since experienced fansubbers can catch other mistakes (mistimed lines, etc.), but a "rookie" is not totally useless and can be very helpful in providing a different viewpoint on things.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 09:50   Link #52
crysknife
summon the worms

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
Doesn't this also apply to other positions as well? Especially typesetting and timing which exclusively deals with subtitling (be it a fansub or not). No experience doesn't mean no knowledge of the process, just the lack of practice in the actual field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
On the contrary, someone who is well versed in English can spot many mistakes in a lot of fansubs without having to have previous experience. It doesn't take an experienced fansubber to notice that words are spelled wrong, grammar is incorrect and that the video looks bad. Of course, depending on only one such person is probably not good, since experienced fansubbers can catch other mistakes (mistimed lines, etc.), but a "rookie" is not totally useless and can be very helpful in providing a different viewpoint on things.
Agreed. Good QCs are rarely depended upon one person because it's likely that a consistency to one person may be a mistake to the next.
crysknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 15:47   Link #53
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
but a "rookie" is not totally useless and can be very helpful in providing a different viewpoint on things.
I agree completely - a fresh viewpoint is often a VERY good thing for any product.

And I'd also say that practice doesn't always mean experience. I'd say (slightly egoistically), that I can say what's good for a fansub , but that just comes from (here's where the ego flies out the window and the geekiness comes in) having watched fansubs so much (I'm talking major addict man; I remember last year before my exams then, we had study leave. So I think I took the oppertunity around then to watch through Inuyasha ahh, those were the days...). You kinda learn the ins and outs of the product. Although, I will contest, that these forums have taught me SO much about fansubs :P

Anyway, once again: meh...

Thank you very much.
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 03:32   Link #54
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysknife
Doesn't this also apply to other positions as well? Especially typesetting and timing which exclusively deals with subtitling (be it a fansub or not). No experience doesn't mean no knowledge of the process, just the lack of practice in the actual field.

Agreed. Good QCs are rarely depended upon one person because it's likely that a consistency to one person may be a mistake to the next.
When I stated you need experience to do QC I was mainly thinking of timing/typesetting/encoding skills (not that you have to be an expert). Editing is more of a skill, ability if you prefer, though having only editing skills and no experience from the jobs stated above (or at least experience in dealing with those jobs) means basically you have a high probability of missing out possible timing/tsetting/encoding mistakes, such as "elements" of bad encoding or a missing font maybe et cetera.
A perfect QCer in my opinion would have to be a person who is also able to do translation check (but most groups have that job apart from QC).
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 00:08   Link #55
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

LytHka is correct here. A good QC must have experience in every field or at least enough knowledge of every step to be able to spot errors. It would be best if that person can fix those errors on the spot too.
crumja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 01:52   Link #56
elixis

hey!! i'm new here... nice to meet all of u!!! yea i love watching stellvia its a damn good series.. i love shipon, kouta and other shipon's friends.. they are all funny and yea supportive?? oh i just read from the other forums that stellvia 2nd session is cancelled.
elixis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 01:57   Link #57
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

yes i also heard it was canceled. i think this thread is a victim of the Go Go Gadget january board reset.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 04:01   Link #58
CarrierZ
aka cz

Send a message via MSN to CarrierZ
Do you realise that this topic is over 1½ years old? Might be a better chose to create a new topic...
CarrierZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 10:23   Link #59
gnuffiehot

If you still have positions available, I can do a karaoke, and I'm currently learning to typeset. I also know how to time, although I dislike doing that >.> I'm currently 'running' a new group called "Gnu-Fansubs". If you need by help by then, just PM me or something

Yeah, Stellvia 1 was great, though I think they could've done the final episode differently.
gnuffiehot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 11:25   Link #60
Mina-sama
Vita-chan moe~

The new season series has long been announced that it will discontinue production. So: no series = no fansubs.
Mina-sama is offline   Reply With Quote