AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-06-30, 14:10   Link #21
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uska
I time in ssa from the sound that would be in the video(which is pretty accurate, I haven't received a single complaint ). Will you guys be able to use the .ssa file? And if it's from a wav I can handle like 3 or 4 series a week(and probably be able to do em in 2 or 3 days).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsevakis
3. Those working offsite can use whatever timing software they want. However, you must be able to work from supplied video file and deliver the script with accurate timecodes based on the on-screen SMPTE timecode, not the built-in clock from the media file. If you don't know what that means, then you'd probably be better off working with our professional subbing software in our offices.
Though I'm sure someone can write a simple SSA -> text file w/ SMPTE converter.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 14:21   Link #22
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

Maybe I'm confused here, but it certainly seems to me that SSA would not be an option AT ALL in this case, except perhaps to rough-time. You need the times in the video, not the times on the audio file.
Elepsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 17:04   Link #23
Uska
Guardian of the Seal

Send a message via AIM to Uska Send a message via Yahoo to Uska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elepsis
Maybe I'm confused here, but it certainly seems to me that SSA would not be an option AT ALL in this case, except perhaps to rough-time. You need the times in the video, not the times on the audio file.

Well unless the audio was discombobulated, wouldn't it match the video?
Uska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 18:12   Link #24
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

It's hard to time to a certain frame by only using the audio.
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 18:33   Link #25
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Timing from a vidcap and timing to SMPTE are a bit different - as different as making a subtitle stream for television or DVD authoring purposes as it is making it for a cheap digisub. There are ways, but if you have to ask that, I don't think you really understand what the job entails.
Old 2004-06-30, 20:30   Link #26
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
Timing from a vidcap and timing to SMPTE are a bit different - as different as making a subtitle stream for television or DVD authoring purposes as it is making it for a cheap digisub. There are ways, but if you have to ask that, I don't think you really understand what the job entails.
Which is why I didn't apply. I'm asking out of curiosity, not because I want to do this. Maybe it wouldn't kill you to be helpful and answer, instead of make sure there are fewer applicants so you have a better chance at getting the job? :P
Elepsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 21:02   Link #27
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

I'd go into further detail, but I'd really have to look at what they want to be able to comment precisely. I'm not saying it's not possible to do in SSA, but that's not the format you would be turning the scripts in as, if my idea of what they want is right.

And that last post was just a quick idea I wanted to shoot off before I had to start some errands. Sorry if it sounded harsh, but I wrote it in a hurry.
Old 2004-06-30, 21:44   Link #28
NinjaServ

damn....I would have the only TWO abilities that can't be used outside of fansubbing....encoding and typesetting.....DAMN, LOL (with the exception of DVD authoring...but that is a different field all together..)
NinjaServ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 01:01   Link #29
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
hehe how much is he going to pay ?? I wonder
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 21:26   Link #30
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Getting a bit antsy. I sent my resume in on the 28th (I hope someone received it), but haven't heard anything back. I also haven't seen Justin log in since the 29th - logging off literally less than 10 minutes before I sent a private message. >.> Has the position(s) been filled already, or are they just taking a while to respond?
Old 2004-07-04, 16:08   Link #31
Ketsu-Kun
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ketsu-Kun Send a message via MSN to Ketsu-Kun
SC, it hasn't been long at all. Give it at least a week before you start getting "antsy".
Ketsu-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 01:54   Link #32
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

I`d be interested if it weren`t for the fact I live in Seattle XD.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote