AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-10-31, 15:38   Link #401
Grimmer

Monster
My most favorite anime. An amazing show without a doubt- deep and complex characters, thrilling plot, and I liked the character designs, too. Very highly recommended for anyone who's looking for a serious and not-very-high-paced show.

Fantastic Children
absolutely fantastic. Superb story, amooth animation, good soundtrack, amazing characters and very satisfying pacing and ending make this series a huge success (I wonder why it didn't get as popular...).

Gankutsuou
What can I say? This show has everything: great animation combined with fascinating character designs, very interesting characters that everyone would probably like, and of course- it's masterfully directed.
Let alone it's one of the most addictive things I got to watch...

Boogiepop Phantom
Complex storyline, unique animation, top-notch soundtrack (IMHO, of course), captivating mystery, and on top of that- it has a very high rewatch value.

Haibane Renmei
well, since I kind of repeat myself, I would say I liked it because of the same reasons I liked Boogiepop.
Grimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 03:51   Link #402
Ryou
Hellion

Send a message via MSN to Ryou Send a message via Yahoo to Ryou
1.Bleach,D.N.Angel
2.Naruto
3.Full Metal Panic,Fullmetal Alchemist
4.X,Chrno Crusade
5.Ultra Maniac,The Law of Ueki
Ryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 03:58   Link #403
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryou View Post
1.D.N.Angel
Wow, thats a new one. I find that show very poor. It could easily be 13 episode series, because 10 or so episodes are nothing but fillers that add nothing to the plot nor character development. I was awfully tempted to drop it a couple of times.(my habbit of finishing what i start kicked in so i made it trough the series based on that alone. Only + was that the girl i prefered ended up with the guy (who was a complete wuss)
Old 2006-11-06, 14:15   Link #404
chill

1 FLCL

This anime is amazing cos for me it manages to affect on so many different levels. It's very very funny on many levels; sexual references, pop culture references, slapstick. It's very intelligent; satire, double-meanings. It's also poignant at times. The music combines to makes these various aspects even more complete; excitement during battles, bittersweet moments, sad moments, happy moments.

2 Cowboy Bebop

Similarly, it manages to bring the full experience for me.

3 Now and Then, Here and There

Don't reckon many have heard of this one. I like the bleak atmosphere of this one more than anything. The desert wasteland, the red, dying sun, the green eyed girl, and the music. And the opening lines:

"Because ten billion
years' time is so fragile,
so ephemeral...
it arouses such a
bittersweet,
almost heartbreaking fondness."

This better than anything sums up the theme of mono no aware apparent in this anime.

4 Serial Experiments Lain

5 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Oh, and btw this is for anime TV series only. Taking into account anime movies, there'd be many Ghibli movies, Millenium Actress, Ghost in the Shell, and perhaps Memories in the list.
chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 18:03   Link #405
Thaimex

Send a message via Yahoo to Thaimex
1. Honey and Clover
2.Cowboy Bebop
3.NGE
4.Saikano
5.Rozen Maiden
Thaimex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 18:52   Link #406
Fullmetal_Axel
Disgaea Fan

Dokuro Chan
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's
Suzumiya Haruhi
FMA
Law of Ueki
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Tokyo Mew Mew
Mermaid Melody
Ojamajo Doremi
Star Ocean EX
Disgaea
Tokyo Underground
Bobobo-bobo-bobo
Naruto
Negima
Xenosaga the animation
Gravitation
Sukisho
Loveless
Kashimashi
Kannazuki no Miko
Tsukihime
Cardcaptors
Zero no Tsukaima
Love Hina
Fullmetal_Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 21:31   Link #407
Meyrin Mai
Reimi Saionji

1.Love Hina
2.Outlaw star
3.Fate/Stay night
4.Tonagura!
5.Black Lagoon
Meyrin Mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 07:23   Link #408
HolyCow
Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to HolyCow
1- Suzumiya Haruhi (wacky humor)
2- AIR (Beginning was kinda lame, but ep 11 is really what made me like this the most)
3- FMP Fumoffu (More comedy...)
4- Mai HiME (Angst! Kinda lame ending though)
5- Kashimashi (More Angst! Gotta love angst XD)
HolyCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 07:53   Link #409
death knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish View Post
Hey! This is no place for discussing anime! Shoo! Shoo!
You are wrong !! MAn.... Watching anime can be so enjoyable and it is one of my hobby. You know!!!!!!
death knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 20:35   Link #410
alb
410 to END

Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Code Geass
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Pandora Hearts
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

And more.....

Last edited by alb; 2009-09-27 at 08:38.
alb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 22:06   Link #411
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It's not a good idea to post your favorite anime on your signature. Chances are that it would be replaced with a new one. Since I'm too lazy to list all the anime I've watched (and they're already pretty significant), I'll just try to write about the five top favorites of mine.

1. Honey and Clover & Honey and Clover II
I'm a guy, but I cried my heart out more than three times in this series and rewatched it again AFTER I just finished watching it. It records the painful, delightful, bittersweet adventures of six friends having romantic interests towards each other. It isn't like your normal romance anime or your normal harem anime - although there's a character that looks like a loli, she isn't one. It isn't all serious, however. Sometimes a heavy episode is lit up with the quirky quips of Morita (the comic) or other members of its cast. The first season's ending was particularly cathartic.

2. Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Although deposed by Honey and Clover, this still remains to be the archetypal, antithetical vampire anime I've seen. It doesn't have cheesy vampire villains fighting heroic vampire hunters: in fact, despite it having a vampire it concentrates more on the development of its characters; it focuses on how racial discrimination slowly dissipates in the presence of love. It's romance and action, but it tackles significant social issues in the world today (really). Since my writing today seems uninspired ... I'll stop for now. I will come back with a better write-up of the two series and the three other series that are included in my top 5.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 23:18   Link #412
Lost

^ Yes,

Spoiler for not a very big spoiler:
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 00:59   Link #413
Zarion
Obsessive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciaMelody View Post
U forgot Spirited Away! Flawless animation and story!
Spitited Away has the most crazy story ever! It's a good movie though. All the Miyazaki films I've seen have been great. Princess Mononoke was my favorite.

My top animes are(In no particular order):

Excel Saga - This is the craziest anime ever, but
it's definately one of my favorites. I've had countless laughs with this series.
Mahou Sensei Negima! - One of the reasons I love this anime is because of how colorful it is. I love the characters in it too, especially Ayaka. Also, I think the magic is cool.
Anyone know where I can get the music tunes from this series, specifically the battle scene music between Negi and Evangeline?
Tenchi - All three Tenchi series are excellent, I love the characters, especially the crazy genius Washu and the space-pirate Ryoko. I also had a lot of fun laughing at the humor in this series.
A random fact - this is the only anime I've seen that has better English voices than Japenese.
Love Hina - Good characters can make a good anime, and Love Hina has very good characters. I like the romance between the main two characters, and the extremely funny antics of some of the others. My favorite character is Mutsumi, she's so funny! She's also very similar to Hyatt from Excel Saga.
As a side note, don't ever watch this show in English, their voices sound horrible. Watch it in Japenese with Enligh subs.
Miyazaki films - All the Miyazaki films I've seen have been magical, beautiful, and exciting - "My Neighbor Totoro," "Princess Mononoke," "Spirited Away," "Castle in the Sky," and "Nausicaa - Valley of the Wind." I highly recommend seeing these movies to anyone who likes beautiful scenery and amazing animation, not to mention amazing and unique plotlines.
Zarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 23:41   Link #414
Autumn Demon
~

maria-sama ga miteru
hunter x hunter
flcl
air
bleach

Last edited by Autumn Demon; 2007-04-15 at 10:37.
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 00:02   Link #415
-Breakthrough-

One Piece
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, A's, StrikerS
Suzumiya Haruhi
Death Note
Naruto
Bleach
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 00:36   Link #416
shinn_asagiri
HEY MAN!!!

here's mine:
  1. shuffle! (sig and ava say it all)
  2. initial d (lower part of the sig says it all)
  3. chrno crusade
  4. gundam seed
  5. gundam seed destiny
  6. gundam uc
  7. suzuka
  8. kima ga nozomu eien
  9. melancholy of haruhi suzumiya
  10. kanon
  11. kanon 2006
  12. air
  13. magikano
  14. final approach
...many more, too much to list!
shinn_asagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 04:43   Link #417
Natural
Far away admiration

Send a message via MSN to Natural
In no particular order my favourites are:

Eureka seveN
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Naruto
Bleach
School Rumble
Hunter X Hunter
NGE
Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 04:53   Link #418
Melodymix
Ying Yang

1. Fma: Voted no. 1 anime in the official poll in japan! Good tastes people!
2. Bleach: Who wouldn't like the Ichi x Ruki pairing? Lol
3. Ouran High Host Club: I usually don't like romance anime since it's so cheesy but this anime made me laugh so hard!
4. Gintama: Definetly the most funniest anime ever!
5. Hikaru No Go: Beautiful art work, good story line.
Melodymix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 11:27   Link #419
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
1. Fate Stay/Night ~ even though the ending and character development kinda...nerf still one of my fave..... w/ a nice story and nice action scenes + Saber.... it still remains my 1st one...(maybe called it a biased one )

2. Samurai X (Trust and Betrayal) ~ hmmm what more I can say about this one... the story is superb, the romance is nice, and of course blood.... nice action scenes one of the greatest show I had ever scene....

3. Chrno Crusade ~ a unique one... action scenes (action w /a nun befriended a demon + romance w/ it, had become a nice combination for me...)

4. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ~ hmmm nice show... nice comedy/humor w/ some hmmm nice fanservice in it

5. Kare Kano ~ this one is one of the nicest school anime I had ever seen, w/ some nice slapstick/comedic scenes and the romance revolving the main characters is truly wonderful...If I had given a chance I wan't to have a longer series for this one (even though there's the manga )

not too distant from #5 are GTO, Elfen Lied and Shakugan no Shana....(may changed depend on the shows this year ...)
Old 2007-03-25, 14:16   Link #420
Sasuke_Bateman
No

This is gonna be tough,

1) DBZ - first anime i ever watced
2) Naruto - Reading or watching it i enjoy both
3) Gundam Wing - don't ask
4) Fruits Basket - Haru...enough said.
5) Salior Moon- come on
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lists, top five