AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-03, 19:49   Link #281
superangelo128

I was watching some bad endings on YouTube, and I have a few questions about a few events

Spoiler for :

Also, I really like this VN, it's really close to Ever17 overall I still debate to myself which I like more.

I thought the fact that you have to analyze things yourself without a 'real' ending was neat though they probably did a bit too much. I liked the way R11's characters got out of the loop more than E17.

Ever17 had better overall characters and interaction to me but Remember11 probably had the better overall plot and mystery.

Also nice to know that Never7 might get a full translation soon.
superangelo128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 21:15   Link #282
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by superangelo128 View Post
I was watching some bad endings on YouTube, and I have a few questions about a few events

Spoiler for :

Also, I really like this VN, it's really close to Ever17 overall I still debate to myself which I like more.

I thought the fact that you have to analyze things yourself without a 'real' ending was neat though they probably did a bit too much. I liked the way R11's characters got out of the loop more than E17.

Ever17 had better overall characters and interaction to me but Remember11 probably had the better overall plot and mystery.

Also nice to know that Never7 might get a full translation soon.
Spoiler for Bad Ending/End game spoilers:

I'll try to finish the Never7 translation as soon as possible. If my calculations are correct, I should have it done by the end of the summer/early fall.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to answer the second half of #2. I answered it.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2012-05-04 at 00:29.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 23:30   Link #283
ApathyEcstasy

I can't wait to play Never7. I Think Ever17 had a more satisfying ending to tie up all the loose ends. Remember11 was a lot more suspenseful and intriguing, but it ended prematurely. If they had made a sequel that continued right where Remember11 left off, that would've changed my view of Remember11. Since they haven't, I view Remember11 as a half-completed project, only worth half the retail price. But yeah, Remember11 is like great sex but with no release. Even after you beat the game, it feels empty, like you're missing half of the story. Ever17 is like good (being less than great) sex but with a great release. A sense of having "completed" the game.
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 11:43   Link #284
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

All right. In Nakazawa's lecture today at Tokyo University (where he discussed Root Double and various other games he made), he confirmed that the ending was NOT what was originally planned. He didn't say what the original plan was, though, or what was the reason for why the ending changed.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2012-05-19 at 11:53.
Old 2012-05-19, 19:56   Link #285
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
All right. In Nakazawa's lecture today at Tokyo University (where he discussed Root Double and various other games he made), he confirmed that the ending was NOT what was originally planned. He didn't say what the original plan was, though, or what was the reason for why the ending changed.
Any idea what he was lecturing about?
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 21:39   Link #286
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Any idea what he was lecturing about?
It was basically a Q&A regarding Root Double and other related things. Most of what he said was Root Double related, but he also briefly mentioned some of his other works, like Remember11, I/O, and Myself;Yourself (he didn't really get too in-depth about any of them so that he would avoid spoiling those who hadn't played them yet). I have found two Japanese blog posts that sum up the lecture, but they're rather long. I'll see what I can translate, though.
Old 2012-05-19, 23:17   Link #287
Elvin

Don't push yourself. I was just interested in whether he was teaching a course, but it just sounds like it was promotional work (at Tokyo U o_o )
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 08:56   Link #288
cloudscream

Quote:
I just found an interview between both Nakazawa and Uchikoshi for the Infinity series in general. When they got to the Remember11 bit, they said something I found rather interesting.

Spoiler for Major spoilers for Remember11 and Ever17:
Spoiler for Remember11:
cloudscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 05:54   Link #289
tiya_novlita

Hi ! I'm new to this forums and currently playing Remember 11 (actually I download it just now)

Is there any special button/shortcut to auto-skip, beside keep pressing the "Tab" button ? The system kinda annoys me
tiya_novlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 06:00   Link #290
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiya_novlita View Post
Hi ! I'm new to this forums and currently playing Remember 11 (actually I download it just now)

Is there any special button/shortcut to auto-skip, beside keep pressing the "Tab" button ? The system kinda annoys me
Holding down the spacebar, I think. Otherwise, that's it.
Old 2012-11-09, 17:53   Link #291
Tywyll

Quote:
I just found an interview between both Nakazawa and Uchikoshi for the Infinity series in general. When they got to the Remember11 bit, they said something I found rather interesting.

Spoiler for Major spoilers for Remember11 and Ever17:
Spoiler for Major Remember11 spoilers:

Just some stuff I came up with after Remember11 drove me nuts and made me buy several books on the subject...
I still have no idea about many things though like
Spoiler for Remember11 spoilers:

I hope one day the writers will put us out of our misery and just tell us what they planned.
Tywyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 23:42   Link #292
tiya_novlita

Quote:
Holding down the spacebar, I think. Otherwise, that's it.
Ah, thanks. It works

Just a thought...
Remember 11 mainly told about mental disorder and quantum physics. Does the writer(s) really have/has a background behind this topic ? I'm impressed
The same goes for Ever 17, such a detailed explanation about DNA, telomeres, time travel and so on...I can't help to think that the writer(s) must be someone expert (or at least understand) that kind of thing

Sorry for being ambigous
Old 2012-11-10, 00:05   Link #293
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

The writers just like science a lot, and research their topics in-depth. That's all there really is to it. If you follow their Twitters, they sometimes post links to recent articles on science related announcements, meaning that they really do follow that kind of stuff.

According to interviews and comments from the writers, it also seems that they got some of the ideas and concepts from reading various novels, both fiction and non-fiction (for example, a lot of the science concepts in Ever17 were based off ideas from P.D. Ouspensky's Tertium Organum). The setups, on the other hand, are more from movies.
Old 2012-11-10, 05:34   Link #294
tiya_novlita

May I ask a (stupid) question ?

Spoiler for ending:

Sorry for my crappy English
Old 2012-11-10, 06:04   Link #295
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

You unlock Satoru's Route by getting Kokoro's Good Ending. Then you can choose from the title screen which route to play.
Old 2012-11-11, 04:52   Link #296
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

So I was walking around Akihabara today when I came across something I didn't expect- the original Remember11 PS2 First Release Limited Edition! I bought it, and found that it came with two bonuses- a CD (which is basically an hour of Rika Morinaga and Takehito Koyasu talking), and a booklet. The first half of the booklet has character designs and whatnot, but what's interesting is the second half- comments from the staff!

The ones who commented were Takumi Nakazawa (director/main writer), Hidari (character Designer), Kotaro Uchikoshi (writer, going by his Hagane Tsukishio pseudonym here), Takayuki Koshimizu (Event CG and OP sketch designer) Kotaro Aizawa (Event CG and OP coloring/production manager), Taketo Nagai (3D movie designer and logo designer), Norisu (backgrounds), Takeshi Abo (composer), Masamichi Takano (assistant planner), and Hiroki Ito (sprite coloring).

Couple of interesting things I discovered just by skimming it.

-The game was initially conceived by Nakazawa in May of 2002, at the end of Ever17's development. He planned out the plot together with Uchikoshi in January 2003.
-The game was initially not an Infinity game, but a standalone game under the name "Parasite".
-Production of the game began in May of 2003, under the name "Project infinity 3". In September, the subtitle "the Age of Infinity" was added.
Old 2012-11-11, 11:30   Link #297
Kaos!

Quote:
So I was walking around Akihabara today when I came across something I didn't expect- the original Remember11 PS2 First Release Limited Edition! I bought it, and found that it came with two bonuses- a CD (which is basically an hour of Rika Morinaga and Takehito Koyasu talking), and a booklet. The first half of the booklet has character designs and whatnot, but what's interesting is the second half- comments from the staff!

The ones who commented were Takumi Nakazawa (director/main writer), Hidari (character Designer), Kotaro Uchikoshi (writer, going by his Hagane Tsukishio pseudonym here), Takayuki Koshimizu (Event CG and OP sketch designer) Kotaro Aizawa (Event CG and OP coloring/production manager), Taketo Nagai (3D movie designer and logo designer), Norisu (backgrounds), Takeshi Abo (composer), Masamichi Takano (assistant planner), and Hiroki Ito (sprite coloring).

Couple of interesting things I discovered just by skimming it.

-The game was initially conceived by Nakazawa in May of 2002, at the end of Ever17's development. He planned out the plot together with Uchikoshi in January 2003.
-The game was initially not an Infinity game, but a standalone game under the name "Parasite".
-Production of the game began in May of 2003, under the name "Project infinity 3". In September, the subtitle "the Age of Infinity" was added.
Thanks a lot for managing to dig it out. IIRC, that booklet was the one that contains clues on what really happen during production that lead the story to be incomplete.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 13:13   Link #298
Tywyll

Quote:
That's an odd name. Allthough I think I can see the reasoning behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Thanks a lot for managing to dig it out. IIRC, that booklet was the one that contains clues on what really happen during production that lead the story to be incomplete.
I just wish one day they would give us the answers for what they planned instead of just hints.
Tywyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 06:20   Link #299
tiya_novlita

Wew, finally I managed to finish this game. Really, really beyond my expectations (so should I be happy or disappointed ? lol)

Just my speculation...
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2012-11-20, 07:13   Link #300
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiya_novlita View Post
Wew, finally I managed to finish this game. Really, really beyond my expectations (so should I be happy or disappointed ? lol)

Just my speculation...
Spoiler for ending:
Have you gotten all the Bad Endings and TIPS yet? Those will help clear up some of the other mysteries.

And once you're done with those, read the Infinity Series Timeline, which gives a lot of answers and background information on stuff not covered in the game. You can find just the Remember11 portion on this board, but you can find the entire Infinity Series Chronology with the Never7 english patch. It contains spoilers for the whole trilogy, but you can toggle which games you want to see spoilers for.

Tags
visual novel