AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-22, 14:04   Link #101
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
The game's only been out for 6 months.
Some games put out SDK before the game is released = /
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 07:13   Link #102
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Not really , no campaign bonus . Just amateur map you can download and put them on the "add-ons" . And yeah the SDK will be the new update so to play new campaigns (the amateur) you have to get it . But its automatic .
Not new official campaign announced .
No, the SDK update includes a new level, that is official, and is designed to give ideas for would be map makers. The level even has a name which I have forgotton. Also Valve are releasing the source code for all the campaigns and levels already in the game, so you can copy some of the scripting.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 02:30   Link #103
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

I really hope they can end the Left 4 Dead "plot" somehow, so I don't have to think that The Last Stand is actually how it ends for the protagonists. I much prefer them over the L4D2 characters.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 12:11   Link #104
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I was just playing the game after not playing it for a few months so far. and i got to tell ya... there are some people out there that put way too much of their life into games. Its kinda saddening.
Old 2009-06-28, 13:58   Link #105
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I was just playing the game after not playing it for a few months so far. and i got to tell ya... there are some people out there that put way too much of their life into games. Its kinda saddening.
I'm quite guilty of this sadly. I play at least one if not two full versus matches every day ever since the release.
Old 2009-06-28, 14:18   Link #106
Tormenk

I can explain the daily matches away as unwinding with friends after a day at school. I've been playing since release day but I don't worry about wall jumping or other tricks. I can safely say me and my friends play for the laughs sometimes.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 15:08   Link #107
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , the Update is already out (a week ago ) , i finally manage to play a party with a new custom map "Dam it" . Hard to get a server . I did a lobby . I played with 2 peoples . It's a good map but it can bugged . My games shutting down lol Good for a first time

Here the links for the VPK and you can download custom map with the VPK.file .

http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?opt...news&Itemid=13
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 23:11   Link #108
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

L4D is still our favorite LAN party game... but we'll take on handicaps like pistols only or see how far we can get without firing a shot.

Hmmm, need to download the SDK.... but I don't see anywhere near the community map buzz that I remember from Jedi Knight, Quake, or other FPS. I probably had a 100 maps collected just for Jedi that were mostly pretty good. Then there was the never-ending models and avatars for Quake.... (Space Man Spiff to Homer to Rei to scary-little-twintails with BFG).

I'd say it'll build --- but does anyone know if maps written for the first L4D will work with this falls version? If people have to rewrite maps --- most of them will just hold off and wait til the fall version and write maps for those.
Old 2009-07-02, 06:47   Link #109
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Valve has said that both SDK and customs maps will be cross compatible with L4D and L4D2

Though, I'd imagine that any custom campaigns that use posters with our friends Manager, Biker, NamVet and TeenGirl (Louis, Francis, Bill and Zoey) would have the poster modified by the creators to feature Gambler, Mechanic, Coach and Reporter (Nick, Ellis, Coach and Rochelle) instead, and then released as a "L4D2 version".
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 07:11   Link #110
Justin Kim
*Artist

L4D2 is pretty much the same gameplay style. Watched some of the gameplay from gametrailers/ign, and it just doesn't seem that different. Just a new environment, different characters, specialized weapons for each character, and just zombies running around in nuke suits lol.
Old 2009-07-02, 14:12   Link #111
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I played yesterday news maps like Death Aboard and damn they're still some bugs . The server crashed and can't found it . I was dissapointed ...
I don't think people will rewrite them when L4D2 will be released . They're already some maps rewrited .
Seems that we'll have another great update before the end of summer . Dunno what is it but i hope good things .
Old 2009-07-24, 13:34   Link #112
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hello there !

Great news ! News infected (Spitter ) , zombie's type (wear bullproof) , weapons (grenade launcher , ak47 , cricket bat ) all for .... Left4dead 2 yeah .....

The news :

Left4dead owned ... i'm dissapoint. They could put some more weapons etc ... on the first too .
Old 2009-07-26, 11:54   Link #113
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
boycott L4D2...honestly...
I'm Gin and I approve of this message.
Old 2009-07-27, 12:49   Link #114
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Great cosplay at the Comic on for Left4dead !

Ahah Louis with the pills .
Zoey with the tank et Bill is very beautiful
Old 2009-07-29, 07:07   Link #115
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

You might want to wait until L4D 2 officially hits the streets. My bet is that Valve might be forced to compromise and offer some data meant for 2 to be given to 1.
Old 2009-07-29, 19:27   Link #116
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
You might want to wait until L4D 2 officially hits the streets. My bet is that Valve might be forced to compromise and offer some data meant for 2 to be given to 1.
Either way it will still happen. Remember that there are still hobbyists around who are waiting to mess around with the SDK for every game they play.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 00:22   Link #117
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
New campaign DLC: http://store.steampowered.com/news/2708/
http://www.destructoid.com/exclusive...n-142570.phtml

Mini-campaign called Crash Course. Only 2-maps long. It will provide much needed plot consistency as it will explain what happens between the end of No Mercy and the start of Death Toll. Rescue vehicle is apparently a bus that the survivors have to salvage from an abandoned garage.

If this is any indication, Valve may intend to make more mini-campaigns to complete the story.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 17:31   Link #118
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hope this campaign will be enjoyable .
Well , currently , i play customs maps . Thoses makers are very goods .
I like the survival "Helm's deep" great job
For campaigns , Death Aboard , Dam it , Back to School are great .
Old 2009-08-07, 03:19   Link #119
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Taking advantage of the situation, anyone here have Left 4 Dead on the 360? I'll be getting PC version for sure, but as of right now I wouldn't mind playing with some fine chaps on the 360.
3 months late to reply but what the hay I DO!

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 18:19   Link #120
FKItachi

Send a message via AIM to FKItachi Send a message via Yahoo to FKItachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
must.... complete.... all... achievements.... zomg....
FKItachi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fps, valve, windows, xbox360, zombie