AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-03, 01:56   Link #21
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
whats next? somebody who got drowned by a toilet seat?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2012-02-03, 14:04   Link #22
Ikuko
The Madwoman

You've got a great theory there, DesuX2 (: (I also am a great fan of Umineko, by the way)

Spoiler for Personal Crack Theory - comments/questions:
Old 2012-02-03, 21:41   Link #23
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Spoiler for It appear someone made a message in the chair. This could be a link to the past:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
"Who is the dead one?" ...
the tagline for this show
Spoiler for My Guess:

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2012-02-03 at 22:50.
Old 2012-02-04, 00:55   Link #24
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuko View Post
You've got a great theory there, DesuX2 (: (I also am a great fan of Umineko, by the way)

Spoiler for Personal Crack Theory - comments/questions:
One possible suggestion...

Spoiler for A random thought:
Old 2012-02-04, 06:43   Link #25
Kafriel
Senior Guest

As an AO viewer, my thoughts so far:
Spoiler for specs:
Old 2012-02-04, 06:57   Link #26
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Something about Sakakibara bothers me.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-04, 11:49   Link #27
Dark Wing

I have a theory as to way the curse may have began in the first place...

Okay 26 years ago the whole class pretended some dead girl was still alive and went with it for the rest of the year but what about the class the year afterwards. What if someone made a mockery of Misaki Mei somewhere down the line and thats what started all of this.
Old 2012-02-05, 06:07   Link #28
Alucard24

One thing (among many) that I don't understand : why Sakakibara never asked about the damaged desk among all the new ones ? Why did he never ask " do you see a girl there " ?

When he left the others to enter in the library, were they trying to stop him because the teacher in charge is scary or because they saw Mei inside ?

No one denied the existence of Mei so far : the manager of the doll shop said there was no customer but if Mei is a relative, she's not a customer. It doesn't necessary means that she doesn't exist.
Old 2012-02-06, 02:19   Link #29
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

The fun thing about the early stages of mystery/thrillers like Another is that almost any speculation seems plausible. To quote myself from the music thread, this particular stanza from the OP seems particularly ominous:
There is another me
who loves someone so much that it hurts

Well, which one of us
is a figment of imagination?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Something about Sakakibara bothers me.
Spoiler:
Juxtaposing your thoughts against the lyrics of the OP, I wonder if we're going to get a twist straight from The Others.

"Who actually died?"
Old 2012-02-06, 16:58   Link #30
Taynis
Wonderland's hitman

Send a message via MSN to Taynis
I was wathing the opening and found some scenes really interesting. Spoiler tag just in case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl714VBZSfg

Spoiler for Scenes:
Old 2012-02-06, 17:32   Link #31
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynis View Post
I was wathing the opening and found some scenes really interesting. Spoiler tag just in case.

Spoiler for Scenes:
Yep, there's quite a bit of interesting stuff in both the OP and the prologue. I also took the OP apart bit by bit in this post, and the prologue in post. A bit of a correction to the 'Mei's doll eye may be able to see the original Misaki' bit; I think that her eye may be able to see the true form of the ghost. Perhaps it also has some sort of.. unpleasant side effects that keep her from walking around without the eye patch? Or alternatively, she may not like the fact that some might think she has heterochromia. But if her doll eye were indeed able to see the apparition, wouldn't she have noticed that Kouichi looked different the moment she removed her eye patch for the first time? No matter how much we speculate, there're certain things that don't match up with our theories, and as a result; it leads to us only ever being partly right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
The fun thing about the early stages of mystery/thrillers like Another is that almost any speculation seems plausible. To quote myself from the music thread, this particular stanza from the OP seems particularly ominous:
There is another me
who loves someone so much that it hurts

Well, which one of us
is a figment of imagination?
Ooh, lyrics! I love songs written specifically for an anime; the lyrics usually offer an interesting insight into the story and what may occur later down the line. But.. love? I would have never expected love to play an important role in such a story. It just feels a little off. I believe the second part is referring to who the ghost in the class is.

Last edited by Ray; 2012-02-06 at 17:46.
Old 2012-02-06, 20:17   Link #32
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Ooh, lyrics! I love songs written specifically for an anime; the lyrics usually offer an interesting insight into the story and what may occur later down the line. But.. love? I would have never expected love to play an important role in such a story. It just feels a little off. I believe the second part is referring to who the ghost in the class is.
As of Ep5, that seems to be the case. The class is in the curious state of not knowing who's "not real". Someone in the generic thread had once jokingly referred to Schrodinger's cat. The funny thing is, the joke has now become even more appropriate, as whoever that person is, his or her "existence" is currently in an indeterminate state.

Someone's laid a cuckoo egg in Class 3-3 of 1998. And the egg has hatched...
Old 2012-02-06, 21:22   Link #33
MizuMikomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynis View Post

Spoiler for Scenes:
Just noticed that:
Spoiler for In regards to your image:

I might post a theory or two later down the line, but for now I am not really in the mood to theorize. I want a bit more to go by before I do.
Old 2012-02-06, 22:58   Link #34
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I call dibs on the homeroom teacher as the dead one. Teachers are an ignored part of the class and are a constant yearly. So if the name was changed, the class moved to another room, the homeroom teacher would still be there and the curse would still be active.
Old 2012-02-06, 23:07   Link #35
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Wouldn't the obvious answer for who is dead be the protagonist? He was hospitalized before becoming the extra classmate, anyone who talks to him about the curse dies, he was ignorant of the curse, etc. etc.

There can be logical and meta-explanations of course, but the way things are presented as of ep.5 seems the most likely candidate.

Also was wondering about the class ignoring now two students, while only one could be the extra, does not really make an awful lot of sense
Old 2012-02-06, 23:11   Link #36
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Wouldn't the obvious answer for who is dead be the protagonist? He was hospitalized before becoming the extra classmate, anyone who talks to him about the curse dies, he was ignorant of the curse, etc. etc.

There can be logical and meta-explanations of course, but the way things are presented as of ep.5 seems the most likely candidate.

Also was wondering about the class ignoring now two students, while only one could be the extra, does not really make an awful lot of sense
That would be too easy. Besides he did survive his mother getting the brunt of the curse while she was pregnant with him so he prob is resistant to the curse.
Old 2012-02-06, 23:36   Link #37
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ simple solutions are the best

That mother surviving the curse though sounds inconsistent too.
Old 2012-02-07, 06:49   Link #38
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Her sister was also in the same class. So sis was the reason Koiuchi's mom died probably. Also a teacher is the one person in the room that they can't do anything about even if he is dead.
Old 2012-02-07, 08:06   Link #39
Jimmy C

Not to mention, there wouldn't have been a clue that class 3-3 was "one student too many" if the teacher was the dead one.
I wonder how many more deaths will it be before the class stops ignoring Kou and Mei and going on to plan C?
I hope plan C will be "find out who's the real dead student" and not "kill the extra," because they've already lost two students, killing any more directly will be pointless unless they got the dead one by luck.
On another note, Yomi North seems to be the type that keeps students in the same class as they advance in grade (1-3 to 2-3 to 3-3) rather than randomly reassign them each year like some other schools. If that's the case, I wonder if they've tried stop assigning students and teachers to class 1-3, then opening a new class, 1-6 or 1-7. Officially, classes 1-3 to 3-3 exist on paper, just that there's nobody in them.
I know they tried renaming class 3-3 before and failed, but that could be because the curse hit the students that were in 2-3 and should have ended up in 3-3. In this case, there will be no new students "destined" for 3-3 in two years.
Old 2012-02-07, 14:20   Link #40
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't know if anyone has said this but I think we already have some foreshadowing of future classmate deaths.

Sakuragi died by tripping over and we previously saw her with an ankle injury which I can only assume she got by tripping over.

Freckles boy died of a heart attack and his heart condition was established in episode 1.

We previously saw twin tails girl off sick due to an illness which could potentially cause her death and we've also seen Reiko with some massive headaches so she could suffer from some sort of trauma/brain damage later on.
Closed Thread