Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-11, 00:38   Link #501
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I know. Rin's route was the only one where I really got teary-eyed. A few moments during Hanako's route got to me but yeah, not like Rin's route.

Hisao is an idiot and I wanted to strangle him so many times.
You could always throw him off the roof.

Old 2013-05-11, 00:39   Link #502
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I did three times in a row trying to get on Rin's route without using the flowchart.
Old 2013-05-11, 00:49   Link #503
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Quote:
I know. Rin's route was the only one where I really got teary-eyed. A few moments during Hanako's route got to me but yeah, not like Rin's route.

Amen, his response to Rin's nature frustrated me too. Then again most guys his age would be clueless. The strangest thing to Rin's route was that her bad ending felt more appropriate or poignant enough to give me goosebumps. Her happy ending felt gratifying but not so emotional but still very hopeful.
Old 2013-05-11, 05:22   Link #504
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

It's not so much that he responded badly, it's more that he missed something that I would have considered obvious, even when I was a teenager myself.

He pushed Rin into showing her art because authority figures (the art instructor, etc) were also pushing--he didn't want to "rock the boat" even though it was incredibly unsubtle and blatantly obvious how much Rin did NOT want to do that. Even an idiot could have picked up just how her mood would fall any time the subject came up.

So maybe I should just blame him for acting too Japanese. :P
Old 2013-05-24, 20:46   Link #505
ellifeedn
Thinker

And last, but definitely not least, Lilly.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 23:23   Link #506
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

She's mispronouncing Japanese names, too.
Old 2013-05-25, 01:53   Link #507
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Definitely a fitting mature ojou-sama voice. Just... sounds a bit old and lacks some inflections in some of the words.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 10:55   Link #508
SuperBlooper
Dynamic Member

Angry

I kept gettign really angry during Rin's route. Hisao is just to flat as a character. Even though they are harder to relate to, it's nice to have characters in VNs that are more proactive than normal at getting things done.
Old 2014-09-03, 10:30   Link #509
T-6000

I've heard of this game a couple years back, but I never actually tried it out. I'm not sure why. But this game was also mentioned on Meme Center (along with a picture) and having remembered about the game, I decided to just go ahead and give it a try. Besides, I need a break from Half-Life 2, Crysis 3, and Skyrim.

I really like the theme and idea behind this game. To see these remarkable girls work with their disabilities, and overcoming their weakness, was really inspiring for me. Now it may vary, from girl to girl, how they handled their situation, but at least they were still able to move forward. That, in itself, is how I was able to find beauty in these girls. And that is what makes this visual novel all the more unique for me. I can't remember the last anime, manga, or even Visual Novel (Though I don't play many visual novels) that features girls with disabilities. Many times any series that features multiple girls (or women) feature them as near perfect characters. Maybe I'm digging too much into it, but that is how I feel with such a unique setting.

However, I didn't enjoy it as much as others. The main character you play as, Hisao, is just too much of a stick in the mud jackass that just constantly complains about the smallest things. Well, this is a flaw I have with protagonists in many visual novels (hence why I don't play many of them). I feel his character hampers relationships with the various girls. A few times I felt like punching him across his face (heart condition be damned), and I think I would have enjoyed this series more if it wasn't for Hisao. I think I'll have a few people who disagree with me on Hisao's character, but that is how I genuinely feel about him.

The girl I enjoyed having a relationship with the most was Lilly. She's kind, graceful, patient, and handles her blindness real well. Her background is also the most interesting, having a scottish mother (oh god, must...resist....grounds keeper willy jokes!!!) and a Japanese father. Too bad they left her in Japan when she was 12 while they went to scotland. That....didn't make me happy. And I did agree with her sister (Akira) it felt like they left her in Japan possibly due to being sort of ashamed of her blindness.

I am lost with one part in the game with Lilly's relationship path. When Lilly confessed her feelings to Hisao, he called her an Idiot. Why did he call her that? I didn't see a valid reason for that. Especially when he acted like an idiot for not pursuing Lilly towards the end of the game (those who played her path, you'll know what I mean. Gotta keep this spoiler-less as possible). I may go and play through the game again, this time go with Hanako. Well, assuming I can summon enough patience with Hisao.

Quote:

You and me both, Comrade.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote