AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-01, 06:19   Link #421
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
If by 'worse' you mean 'more', then Haruhist is enough.

Haruhism is above normal fanboyism.

But they know I'm more serious than that, for I'm an absolute zealot, a martyr that's ready to die for Haruhiism.
You, sir, are the shining example of a true Haruhist on our little island. Your faith and devotion in the God Empress is strong indeed. May Her blessed light shine upon you in all your endevours.

FOR HARUHI.

Last edited by dodgethis_sg; 2006-09-01 at 06:36.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 06:25   Link #422
Julius Firefocht

Our God-Empress is invincible in war! Aye, she is indeed the Goddess of Victory, She who guides our hands to ultimate domination over all heathens. Praise be, praise be.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 08:30   Link #423
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

^rofl, and I thought no one can beat Demongod86's fanboyism :P
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 08:43   Link #424
anselfir
Style Über Alles

sigh, little girls just dont do it for me.
Old 2006-09-01, 09:29   Link #425
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

^ Its a nice change they are having with Lacus and Haruhi taking top spots. At least none of them are moody, gloomy and depressed characters. Back in the day, it was Ruri Hoshino (as Nightengale had helpfully pointed out) and prior to that, it was... *drum roll* Rei Ayanami, who stayed up there for an extensive period of time...

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 09:49   Link #426
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
We have a lot of UC-fans in here that is atleast at the same level as Demongod86 is.

Well, can´t say that Haruhi doesn´t deserve those high places. I enjoyed that show very much. But I would have voted for the Nana´s. Or why not Saya.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 17:36   Link #427
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Welcome to the Haruhi hype.

Not to say that TMoSH isn't deserving of hype or of the #1 poll slot, it's just that the hype is overdone a bit, lol.
Old 2006-09-01, 18:47   Link #428
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
^ Its a nice change they are having with Lacus and Haruhi taking top spots. At least none of them are moody, gloomy and depressed characters. Back in the day, it was Ruri Hoshino (as Nightengale had helpfully pointed out) and prior to that, it was... *drum roll* Rei Ayanami, who stayed up there for an extensive period of time...

- Tak
But even Rei is much more worthy of the top spot than the Pink Menace.

Same with Kira. I like SEED Kira, he's a good and solid character, but he's worthless in GSD. He's not worthy enough to be on a top spot.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 19:39   Link #429
anselfir
Style Über Alles

These words like worthy or best describe individual actions of judgement, so a mere preference is enough. The rest is just opinion upon opinion, which gets tiresome after a while. Let the lovers love and the haters hate, but dont hate the lovers or the haters.
Old 2006-09-01, 19:41   Link #430
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb

Same with Kira. I like SEED Kira, he's a good and solid character, but he's worthless in GSD. He's not worthy enough to be on a top spot.
Well, you obviously know i have a different opinion. I simply don't understand why Rei was on top of the list. I find her personality boring, and thought Asuka was a much more fitting replacement than her place on the charts.

In contrast of Kira being too worthless, I'd argue that he is too useful in GSD.

Of course, these are my personal opinions, just like yours.

- Tak (And if you ask me, Kos-Mos can take any of them on, anytime)
Old 2006-09-01, 20:14   Link #431
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
In contrast of Kira being too worthless, I'd argue that he is too useful in GSD.
Well, if you consider him as a mere crutch to rely on when the butchered story needs something to move it forward, then yes, he is indeed useful. His character is still a static and worthless piece of junk, with the only development occurring in the final episode with him declaring that he will take an active part in the peace of the world. Besides that? Nothing. I believe that his GSD self pisses on and desecrates the character I really, really like, the GS Kira. Sort of like Optimus Prime and Rodimus Prime.

Quote:
- Tak (And if you ask me, Kos-Mos can take any of them on, anytime)
She's a robot with dual dual miniguns, metallic abs and thigh-high stockings, and three games with probably more movie time than all of GSD (at least it feels like it sometimes...), so of course she can! This we agree on.
Old 2006-09-01, 20:32   Link #432
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Well, if you consider him as a mere crutch to rely on when the butchered story needs something to move it forward, then yes, he is indeed useful. His character is still a static and worthless piece of junk, with the only development occurring in the final episode with him declaring that he will take an active part in the peace of the world. Besides that? Nothing. I believe that his GSD self pisses on and desecrates the character I really, really like, the GS Kira. Sort of like Optimus Prime and Rodimus Prime.
3 words.

The Kenshiro Factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
She's a robot with dual dual miniguns, metallic abs and thigh-high stockings, and three games with probably more movie time than all of GSD (at least it feels like it sometimes...), so of course she can! This we agree on.
Let's not forget robotic cat ears, pirate eye patch and frilly pantsu.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 20:51   Link #433
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Just a minor, minor correction here:

Thats dual-TRI miniguns. Yes, I know I am nitpicking, but for Kos-Mos, adding one more barrel makes that much difference

Knocking down a Gundam? No problem! Piece of cake!

- Tak (Although I don't remember the pirate eye patch and frilly pantsu.)
Old 2006-09-01, 21:06   Link #434
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Thats dual-TRI miniguns. Yes, I know I am nitpicking, but for Kos-Mos, adding one more barrel makes that much difference
My time to nitpick then; wouldn't it actually be twelve to sixteen more barrels, depending on if they are 6-barrel or 8-barrel miniguns?
Old 2006-09-01, 21:19   Link #435
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
My time to nitpick then; wouldn't it actually be twelve to sixteen more barrels, depending on if they are 6-barrel or 8-barrel miniguns?
Well, if we want to get down to the specifics... its three-barrels per single gun, so her entire 'weapon' consists of a total of nine barrles on each hand, making it 18 barrles total on both hands .

But then, we'd have to say, 'dual-miniguns hex-rotary eighteen-barrels' (and very dangerous), which is not only too long to type, but I am simply too lazy to type it :P

- Tak
Old 2006-09-02, 03:39   Link #436
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Well, if you consider him as a mere crutch to rely on when the butchered story needs something to move it forward, then yes, he is indeed useful. His character is still a static and worthless piece of junk, with the only development occurring in the final episode with him declaring that he will take an active part in the peace of the world. Besides that? Nothing. I believe that his GSD self pisses on and desecrates the character I really, really like, the GS Kira.
Wow, my thoughts exactly. I never thought one person could put another's opinions into such accurate phrasing.

And Kos-Mos pwnage of them?

.....hell yeah!
Old 2006-09-02, 09:37   Link #437
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
You call my faith, love and devotion to the Holy God Empress 'fanboyism'? I dub thee HERETIC for belittling them! Her Holy Inquisition shall arrive shortly to set you straight,
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 10:33   Link #438
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg
You call my faith, love and devotion to the Holy God Empress 'fanboyism'? I dub thee HERETIC for belittling them! Her Holy Inquisition shall arrive shortly to set you straight,
We are the ministers of her. In flaming fire, we take vengence on those who know not her, and that obey not her principlpe, of our majesty the Empress.

Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of her majesty the Empress, and from the glory of her power - this honor have all her disciples.

Rise, o' Empress, let not any man prevail. Let the heathens be judged by thy sight!

Serve the Empress with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

So be it.

- Tak
Old 2006-09-02, 11:09   Link #439
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Off-topic, guys. Even with Haruhi's references to Gundam with the whole Saggitarius game thing, the last thing we need is Haruhist bombarding this part of the forums.

My Imageshack seems to be down, so I'll post the KOSSY official art of her eye-patch and frilly pantsu tomorrow.

*someone*-ism > Haruhiism XP
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 11:45   Link #440
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
True. Haruhi is OK with me as the anime, but having Haruhists trolling here is the last thing I want to see.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote