AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-05-04, 19:30   Link #81
s0mething
I am ze Ubermensch!

I find the hardest level on survival is Last Stand lighthouse. I haven't even been able to get silver on it. For some reason none of the groups I'm with can do it. It seems the best place to stay at is from on top of the tanks in the room where you start the pump but it never works out.
s0mething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 20:32   Link #82
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0mething View Post
I find the hardest level on survival is Last Stand lighthouse. I haven't even been able to get silver on it. For some reason none of the groups I'm with can do it. It seems the best place to stay at is from on top of the tanks in the room where you start the pump but it never works out.
The best place for that map for coverage and ammunitions is probably the area where the broken staircase is located. I mean it's really compact, and the ammo is pretty close, smokers really can't angle shoot you out of someone else's visibility range. Basically that area, everyone can stand on top of something, so that when those hordes of zombies come, they literally have to climb up before they swarm you. Usually you can just melee, then pistol shoot them down without wasting the primary gun ammo. I've gotten 8 minutes on that. Usually our group just lines up some propane and fuel tanks alongside each opening. Tanks are really easy to kill in that spot, you can just throw a molotov and light the whole ground on fire. I mean even if you get knocked down to the ground with the fire blazing, you can instantaneouly get back up since the zombies variate their attackings. But yeah the lighthouse is really hard, and another tip: DON'T GO ON TOP OF THE LIGHTHOUSE -_-, when smokers come you will REGRET IT. Especially tanks that knock you off the map.
Old 2009-05-04, 21:04   Link #83
s0mething
I am ze Ubermensch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
The best place for that map for coverage and ammunitions is probably the area where the broken staircase is located. I mean it's really compact, and the ammo is pretty close, smokers really can't angle shoot you out of someone else's visibility range. Basically that area, everyone can stand on top of something, so that when those hordes of zombies come, they literally have to climb up before they swarm you. Usually you can just melee, then pistol shoot them down without wasting the primary gun ammo. I've gotten 8 minutes on that. Usually our group just lines up some propane and fuel tanks alongside each opening. Tanks are really easy to kill in that spot, you can just throw a molotov and light the whole ground on fire. I mean even if you get knocked down to the ground with the fire blazing, you can instantaneouly get back up since the zombies variate their attackings. But yeah the lighthouse is really hard, and another tip: DON'T GO ON TOP OF THE LIGHTHOUSE -_-, when smokers come you will REGRET IT. Especially tanks that knock you off the map.
I see, next time I'll try it in there. And ya I know all about the top of the lighthouse lol. Whenever we try it up there a tank punts me off the top and I insta die from the fall.
s0mething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 11:21   Link #84
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally the sdk is out (the beta) :

http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?opt...news&Itemid=82

Good news . We'll be able to play news maps etc ... a few weeks yeah (hope they would have some mod too )
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 13:09   Link #85
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Oh cool, they're only a year late.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 02:55   Link #86
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Oh cool, they're only a year late.
The game's only been out for 6 months.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 06:02   Link #87
plmko

Its not a Valve game without the massive time delays between debuting the game and delivering the goodies.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 16:25   Link #88
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally the Full SDK will be release next week ! (omg finally)

here the links :

Well , i didn't play this game a few month ago .
Old 2009-06-20, 16:47   Link #89
Striding Cloud

A little late, but on Last Stand there is a glitched spot, it is located near the ladder to get to the top of the light house. There is a little chimney there where if all 4 survivors stand on it, it will bug all the infected. Only real problem are smokers who will pull you off. Otherwise, all horde/tanks/smokers/boomers will stand there. Tanks will despawn but expect to have around 22 smokers waiting for you, easiest way to get Gold, by non-legit means. Legit, my highest was 9:51 minutes -_-.
Striding Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 21:42   Link #90
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Taking advantage of the situation, anyone here have Left 4 Dead on the 360? I'll be getting PC version for sure, but as of right now I wouldn't mind playing with some fine chaps on the 360.
Old 2009-06-21, 00:17   Link #91
plmko

Highly unlikely considering the amount of laboured shooting you'd have to do on a controller.
Old 2009-06-21, 01:15   Link #92
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Ah, I figured as much. It was worth a try though, I'm sure there are some Xbox LIVE peeps out there.

On a completely different note, how do we all feel about Valve's big shock on the Left 4 Dead 2 announcement? Glad to know they'll be supporting this game with extra content along with regardless of the sequel, but I wonder which of the two will actually stand out on top...
Old 2009-06-21, 01:19   Link #93
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

For those of us who have yet to buy the game, and plays it in LAN shops, it's not so bad. For those who bought L4D 1, it seems a slap to their faces.
Old 2009-06-21, 09:57   Link #94
plmko

Well no actually, I welcome this sequel and so do my L4D friends. The campaigns are getting old to the point everyone knows where to go without needing directions from a leader.

Other than the fact that the new characters suck and lack originality, I think this will stand on top, after all they are addressing nearly all the pet peeves people had with the original game.
Old 2009-06-21, 11:26   Link #95
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Finally the Full SDK will be release next week ! (omg finally)

here the links :

Well , i didn't play this game a few month ago .

The SDK comes with a bonus campaign? Does that mean I have to get the SDK to play the campaign? I understand it's a minimal campaign made simply as starting ground for amateur map makers, but a new official campaign is always welcome.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 22:23   Link #96
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

L4D 2 is coming out in Nov/Dec, right? A long time to go.
Old 2009-06-21, 23:38   Link #97
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

boycott L4D2...honestly...
Old 2009-06-21, 23:39   Link #98
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I feel no reason to do that, though.
Old 2009-06-22, 00:09   Link #99
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
boycott L4D2...honestly...
I see not reason to boycott this game, if anything we should all boycott Call of Duty, they've been at it year in year out for the past decade.
Old 2009-06-22, 06:10   Link #100
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post

The SDK comes with a bonus campaign? Does that mean I have to get the SDK to play the campaign? I understand it's a minimal campaign made simply as starting ground for amateur map makers, but a new official campaign is always welcome.
Not really , no campaign bonus . Just amateur map you can download and put them on the "add-ons" . And yeah the SDK will be the new update so to play new campaigns (the amateur) you have to get it . But its automatic .
Not new official campaign announced .

Tags
fps, valve, windows, xbox360, zombie