AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2016-02-11, 09:39   Link #1241
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
It pretty much means that, as each of the examples I posted above eventually lead to the release of the next gen. But what seals it is the fact every 3 years a new gen comes out. That time is nigh.

It was also around this date X/Y was officially announced, and october 28th will be 3 years since its release.

And it's a new pokemon that wasn't contained anywhere in the cartridge, so what else do you need. Between this and the proximity of the 20th anniversary of the franchise it has to be either this or a X2/Y2 that expands the existing roster, as well as include Zygarde plot.

It can only be one or the other, and I'll be fine with either.
Munchlax was revealed before Emerald came out despite not being relevant to the games for another two years, though unless I'm mistaken I believe there were delay issues with Diamond and Pearl that are in part to blame for that; regardless, the point remains that there's a precedent for revealing a Pokemon that won't be relevant to the next game.

With that said, Magiana seems too tied to Volcanion (and too reminiscent of Diancie) to not be involved in Generation VI somehow. There's too much left undone with Generation VI to take Magiana as an indication that Generation VII is on the way before a final Generation VI game(s), though.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 10:21   Link #1242
Homura7

Yes, there were delay issues with Diamond and Pearl, as it took 4 years instead of 3 to release it, hence why the game wasn't released till one year later after Lucario made its official debut in a movie.

When questioned about their unexpected move to release a direct sequel of an existing Gen (Black & White), GF made clear they were not making another game like Crystal, Emerald or Platinum ever again.

So unless they changed their mind, Z is so not happening, and all that is left is either X2/Y2 or the forthcoming Gen VII.

Why would a pokemon that has been just recently revealed have any connections with Gen VI just because it's tied with a legendary of that Gen? This is not the first time that happens. As I've just said, Lugia made its first debut in a movie that also had Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, all Gen I legendaries.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 10:59   Link #1243
Akashin

Quote:
Yes, there were delay issues with Diamond and Pearl, as it took 4 years instead of 3 to release it, hence why the game wasn't released till one year later after Lucario made its official debut in a movie.

When questioned about their unexpected move to release a direct sequel of an existing Gen (Black & White), GF made clear they were not making another game like Crystal, Emerald or Platinum ever again.

So unless they changed their mind, Z is so not happening, and all that is left is either X2/Y2 or the forthcoming Gen VII.

Why would a pokemon that has been just recently revealed have any connections with Gen VI just because it's tied with a legendary of that Gen? This is not the first time that happens. As I've just said, Lugia made its first debut in a movie that also had Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, all Gen I legendaries.
Do you mind showing me where they said that? All I've found is that BW2 came about because they wanted to challenge themselves to do a sequel instead of doing the same 'ole thing. And more recently, they've said that they prioritize surprising and exciting the fans and are trying to move away from the comfortable and predictable moves we might expect. I couldn't find any indication that they've put their foot down on third versions by any means.

And even if that is true, it still doesn't mean there's any chance whatsoever that we're moving on from Gen VI yet.
Old 2016-02-11, 11:11   Link #1244
Homura7

Does it matter, though? In 2 weeks we're going to get answers.

I personally would move onto the next Gen, not because this one has already shown everything it had to offer up, but because I'm of the opinion we need something new, something impressive, something that blows our minds, and we need it soon.

Will try searching for the official source of that statement. It was long ago so it might come across a big burden.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 06:39   Link #1245
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Does it matter, though? In 2 weeks we're going to get answers.

I personally would move onto the next Gen, not because this one has already shown everything it had to offer up, but because I'm of the opinion we need something new, something impressive, something that blows our minds, and we need it soon.

Will try searching for the official source of that statement. It was long ago so it might come across a big burden.
Well I can't wait for the news lol.

I think more gen VI could happen though... Though what I want 50 times more... Is another console game ...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 16:42   Link #1246
grecefar

last two chapters where full of action, too bad the next one is those focus on a pokemon and solve a little problem.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 20:31   Link #1247
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I finally caught up to the latest subbed episode. Yeah, XY is great. Lol, I can see why people got pissed off, but it really wasn't bad at all.

I really like the whole "let's observe humanity so we can decide whether to protect or purge them thing" that's honestly pretty damn awesome.

And... lol wild pokemon are such jerks this season... just... wow.

Hmm I have a feeling that the reason why certain interactions aren't happening yet (like Ash dancing with Serena or her saying something to him) or the Kalos Queen talking to her mentor about Serena (rather the two of them realizing that they're talking about the same person...) and a few other things... I'm just assuming that these things will happen during important moments that'll make them a lot bigger than if they casually happened now.

I can sort of guess that this is what is going to happen. Hopefully I'm right.

Anyway, this has been fun.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2016-02-16, 16:52   Link #1248
ImperialFlameGod8190

The next game IMO has to be Z You havent gotten 8 badges yet and really i cant say a new generation until they get to the 8th badge.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-17, 11:34   Link #1249
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
The next game IMO has to be Z You havent gotten 8 badges yet and really i cant say a new generation until they get to the 8th badge.
Lol. It's not that hard for them to get to the 8th badge though. They have the gym leader in the OP after all... I don't see how that has anything to do with the next game coming out unless you are suggesting that the pacing of the show would be tailored to matching the announcements for hyping new stuff coming out or Pokemon Z coming out...? (I wasn't aware that this could be a thing so please clarify if that's what you are trying to say lol.)

At least game development has already begun for sure. I'm not going to hedge any bets. I'd honestly just like a pokemon Z type thing that has a lot more content than X and Y which felt relatively short (other than the wonderful upgraded features that they gave us), but I feel like a super quality new gen is equally possible given that this is a special year for the franchise.

Either way, this show has been my favorite season by a long shot. Maybe it doesn't match up to some things from season 1, but as far as modern attempts at animating the series go... this has been my favorite season so far.

I know this sounds silly, but I like how they're constantly pushing the limits of what fits in a show aimed at kids. Given the all too obvious signs from the XY&Z anime, I'm hypothesizing we'll be getting something like Zygarde's "evil" half wanting to destroy the region and the puni-chan half wanting to try to save the region because he recognizes that at least some humans are good. It'd be interesting if they tie in Zygarde to the ultimate weapon stuff from the games.

To be honest, I was rather confused with how they left out Team Flare earlier on in the anime and just used the Malamar to reference the ultimate weapon because that backstory for X & Y was basically the best/darkest villain/region-destruction backstory in a pokemon game (other than in the spinoffs perhaps), and it felt like quite a bit of wasted potential when in reality it would have been quite easy for them to just use that plotline for the anime and flare (HAH ) it up a bit to make it pretty exciting.

Seeing the OP scene where Zygarde or something else seems to be shooting a gigantic beam into space, I'm going to assume that the ultimate weapon will be activated (or almost activated) at some point in this season. I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up... but hopefully they'll also somehow tie the Malamar into what's going on because if they don't that'd just be odd.

I know my expectations are too high, but I've been pleasantly surprised by X&Y and especially by XY&Z based on my own tastes for this sort of thing, so I hope against all hope that it'll end up being good...

Old 2016-02-18, 20:01   Link #1250
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Lol. It's not that hard for them to get to the 8th badge though. They have the gym leader in the OP after all... I don't see how that has anything to do with the next game coming out unless you are suggesting that the pacing of the show would be tailored to matching the announcements for hyping new stuff coming out or Pokemon Z coming out...? (I wasn't aware that this could be a thing so please clarify if that's what you are trying to say lol.)

At least game development has already begun for sure. I'm not going to hedge any bets. I'd honestly just like a pokemon Z type thing that has a lot more content than X and Y which felt relatively short (other than the wonderful upgraded features that they gave us), but I feel like a super quality new gen is equally possible given that this is a special year for the franchise.

Either way, this show has been my favorite season by a long shot. Maybe it doesn't match up to some things from season 1, but as far as modern attempts at animating the series go... this has been my favorite season so far.

I know this sounds silly, but I like how they're constantly pushing the limits of what fits in a show aimed at kids. Given the all too obvious signs from the XY&Z anime, I'm hypothesizing we'll be getting something like Zygarde's "evil" half wanting to destroy the region and the puni-chan half wanting to try to save the region because he recognizes that at least some humans are good. It'd be interesting if they tie in Zygarde to the ultimate weapon stuff from the games.

To be honest, I was rather confused with how they left out Team Flare earlier on in the anime and just used the Malamar to reference the ultimate weapon because that backstory for X & Y was basically the best/darkest villain/region-destruction backstory in a pokemon game (other than in the spinoffs perhaps), and it felt like quite a bit of wasted potential when in reality it would have been quite easy for them to just use that plotline for the anime and flare (HAH ) it up a bit to make it pretty exciting.

Seeing the OP scene where Zygarde or something else seems to be shooting a gigantic beam into space, I'm going to assume that the ultimate weapon will be activated (or almost activated) at some point in this season. I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up... but hopefully they'll also somehow tie the Malamar into what's going on because if they don't that'd just be odd.

I know my expectations are too high, but I've been pleasantly surprised by X&Y and especially by XY&Z based on my own tastes for this sort of thing, so I hope against all hope that it'll end up being good...
Here's the thing. the first season of X and Y was 92 episodes we're on 107 now in japan and the lastest new one is 111 which is the start of master class. Assuming thats 2 episodes minimum that makes 112.
Between getting the 8th badge and completing Zygardes story knowing Pokemon we still have anywhere from 20-30 episodes and thats before the league which is roughly 8 episodes.

So 28-38 episodes which is a hopeful range puts us into November before this is finished at thats if we're lucky. Any new hand held game should be Z because they really have to do that. Especially considering you havent released Volcanion yet.

What i'm saying is this show has a long way to go until a new generation and thats assuming they dont have an arc aftewards

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2016-02-18, 21:51   Link #1251
Kurohane

And Z (or whatever it will be called) will likely be a sequel game to X and Y, similar to the previous generation. We already have a hint in the first episode of XY&Z with Shota's gym badges likely signifying what the types of the first five gyms of the new game(s) will be.
Old 2016-02-19, 01:07   Link #1252
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
And Z (or whatever it will be called) will likely be a sequel game to X and Y, similar to the previous generation. We already have a hint in the first episode of XY&Z with Shota's gym badges likely signifying what the types of the first five gyms of the new game(s) will be.
Not necessarily. One of the earliest things mentioned in the Pokemon show is that there are more then 8 official gyms. As long as you get 8 badges you're in Shota probably went to a few side gyms. What I find amusing is that Shota is set up with Sceptile which will become mega he will eventually get Salamence. He's likely to get doublade or Aegislash and Slurpluff. The little bastards gonna have one heck of a team.

Side Questions. In the zapdos episode coming up does Noibat evolve into Noivern or is that speculation on my part.
Also what do you guys think will be Ash's 6th Kalos pokemon since he's gotta catch at least one more before the league.

Old 2016-02-19, 12:09   Link #1253
grecefar

boring chapter, at least the next one is a peformance for serena, I think she's going to win this one earning the last key,
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 12:26   Link #1254
Kurohane

Quote:
Not necessarily. One of the earliest things mentioned in the Pokemon show is that there are more then 8 official gyms. As long as you get 8 badges you're in Shota probably went to a few side gyms. What I find amusing is that Shota is set up with Sceptile which will become mega he will eventually get Salamence. He's likely to get doublade or Aegislash and Slurpluff. The little bastards gonna have one heck of a team.

Side Questions. In the zapdos episode coming up does Noibat evolve into Noivern or is that speculation on my part.
Also what do you guys think will be Ash's 6th Kalos pokemon since he's gotta catch at least one more before the league.
Anime-wise, that's true, but in the games, there are only ever eight gyms pre-League. Back in Unova, it was the same, where for Ash's eighth badge, instead of facing Drayden, they had him face Roxie, who would be the new second gym leader in Black 2 and White 2. Later, an episode was dedicated to Cameron facing Marlon, the new eighth gym leader for those games.

Also, yes, Noibat is going to evolve, similar to how Fletchinder evolved when facing Moltress.

My biggest guess will be Gogoat, because it's basically a grass-type Tauros.
Old 2016-02-19, 12:32   Link #1255
Akashin

Quote:
Yeah. Going by Pokemon Fan it's going to be Hawlucha and Talonflame versus Zapdos, and when they fall Noibat steps in and evolves.

Quote:
Anime-wise, that's true, but in the games, there are only ever eight gyms pre-League. Back in Unova, it was the same, where for Ash's eighth badge, instead of facing Drayden, they had him face Roxie, who would be the new second gym leader in Black 2 and White 2. Later, an episode was dedicated to Cameron facing Marlon, the new eighth gym leader for those games.
What he's saying is that the badges Sawyer showed off could very well just be miscellaneous anime-only Gym badges that have no bearing on the games at all. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened.
Old 2016-02-19, 12:36   Link #1256
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
What he's saying is that the badges Sawyer showed off could very well just be miscellaneous anime-only Gym badges that have no bearing on the games at all. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened.
I'm not denying that as a possibility. All I'm saying is if the next pair of games is a sequel to X and Y, with a new player character and gyms. We had a hint.
Old 2016-02-19, 14:31   Link #1257
Akashin

Quote:
I'm not denying that as a possibility. All I'm saying is if the next pair of games is a sequel to X and Y, with a new player character and gyms. We had a hint.
Oh, of course. The possibility is definitely there. It just sounded like you were misunderstanding his point, is all. Sorry about that.
Old 2016-02-19, 15:17   Link #1258
Kurohane

No problem
Old 2016-02-21, 09:33   Link #1259
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Yeah. Going by Pokemon Fan it's going to be Hawlucha and Talonflame versus Zapdos, and when they fall Noibat steps in and evolves.

Thats disappointing but alas predictable so oh well.
And
Quote:

My biggest guess will be Gogoat, because it's basically a grass-type Tauros.
Exactly why there's no way to determine anything as for new gyms i dont know but it will be interesting

As for Pokemon Gogoat is a good choice but i dont think so mainly because the ice type weakness would be a huge issue.
Speaking of ice weakness My choice and the scenario for it would be getting a Zoroark. When they arrive at Snowbelle they go the gym to find the gym leader isnt there. They're told he goes to the forest and they meet a Zoroark who is a bit defensive even towards the gym leader. eventually team rocket attacks and Ash and the gym leader work together to stop them from destroying the forest and stealing the pokemon. Zoroark decides to go with Ash after that.

Old 2016-02-21, 18:37   Link #1260
Galaxian

If we follow the new merchandise that has been announced, there won't be any team changes or additions for the main cast's Pokemon, other than Noivern, at least until late April.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote