AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-18, 07:17   Link #261
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Cool, guys blush a little too often, but apart from that I really enjoyed episode one, laughed a few times and everything.

Spoiler for Ep1:
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 10:01   Link #262
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

well... its *unusual* by definition (the scale tops at 200) but as I like to point out, a high IQ doesn't necessarily imply common sense or "good" sense ... just an ability to quickly learn complex ideas or to see connections or relationships between things that most miss.
Old 2007-10-18, 11:59   Link #263
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I was expecting at least some backstory from Kouichi & Yuumi --- especially after that scene in the first episode. Ah well, at least this way it'll start out nice and fresh. Lovely Yuumi. :wub:

As for Mao/Eiji and Eriko/Kazuki, that turned out as expected. :3

It's good to see that the Kasai Kenichi thing is to start the ED playing at the end of the episode. That worked wonderful for Nodame Cantabile, and it's working nice here. Also after the second episode, i do love how 'different story relationships' are being handled. Enough time was spent on each in this episode.
Old 2007-10-18, 12:22   Link #264
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
well... its *unusual* by definition (the scale tops at 200) but as I like to point out, a high IQ doesn't necessarily imply common sense or "good" sense ... just an ability to quickly learn complex ideas or to see connections or relationships between things that most miss.
Or in her case she is so smart she is bored with normal life (hence an experiment which would have been considered HARTHEN! by nature )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 13:00   Link #265
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
rotfl... sounds like a certain (in?)famous girl from the popular show of the same name, no? XD

@Shiroth
It seems you and me aren't going to get along for the entire series...
(still holding a faint hope for MaoXKouichi... XD)

As to why I like this show, it's not at all unlike why I love Kage Kara Mamoru. While a lot of the characters are cliched, the way they are portrayed certainly makes a difference. From the way the characters actions making actual sense to how well they mesh with other characters, it's just done extremely well, IMO. Just goes to show that execution >>>>> originality.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 13:06   Link #266
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Vexx-san is always to the point. I can say that the concept of 'tensai shoujo' is quite common in anime.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 20:00   Link #267
Shadowfox79
High5 attack: Lose 5555HP

Send a message via AIM to Shadowfox79
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
^
rotfl... sounds like a certain (in?)famous girl from the popular show of the same name, no? XD

@Shiroth
It seems you and me aren't going to get along for the entire series...
(still holding a faint hope for MaoXKouichi... XD)

As to why I like this show, it's not at all unlike why I love Kage Kara Mamoru. While a lot of the characters are cliched, the way they are portrayed certainly makes a difference. From the way the characters actions making actual sense to how well they mesh with other characters, it's just done extremely well, IMO. Just goes to show that execution >>>>> originality.
Im also kinda holding out for a MaoXKouichi, would make a great plot twist as its setting up Mao and Eiji to be together, and Kouichi and Yuumi. But if it doesn't happen, thats alright too, but I'm just gonna see if this series can give me some "OMG" moments. Also as to why I like this show personally, I really just wanted to watch a quality romance series that isn't a harem show. At least in this one, this isn't a story about one guy, but 2 guys and 1 girl. Also I have high hopes for this show after watching H&C and Nodame.
Shadowfox79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 02:31   Link #268
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I know, there's plenty of people with autism who have extreamly high IQs.

Still, 190 is extreme.

That person would look upon say Steven hawking (~IQ150) as an average IQ 100 person would look upon someone with an IQ60 which is "Mild mental retardation"

Or look upon us how an average IQ100 person would look upon someone with an IQ of 10. Which is "Profound mental retardation."
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 02:45   Link #269
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well.. it isn't linear - so those parallels don't quite work (more like std devs from norm).
A chimp or dog has an IQ around 50-60 according to some studies.
A person could have an IQ of 85 and most people wouldn't notice if they had a relatively unchallenging job.

Hawkings (I would have guessed a higher IQ but then he has lots of contemplation time I don't) .... <sigh> okay, *my* IQ is somewhere between 145 and 165(depending on the test) and I don't look at average people as "idiots". Sometimes I'm caught offguard when they don't connect the dots after I've figured it out and moved to the next issue. I know a few people with 180+ IQs and they're pretty normal except that they can pick up a densely complex subject they know nothing about and pretty much be an expert in a day or two.

<shrug> they're just establishing she's supposed to be a genius ... it remains to be seen whether they can actually *WRITE* a storyline that portrays such a thing

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-10-19 at 03:57.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 03:31   Link #270
zephyrus

damn i love animes where the ending song starts during the last minutes of the anime, makes it so much more dramatic and cool ^_^ mmm

heres a possibility for future eps

Spoiler for Kimikiss pure rouge:
zephyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 03:41   Link #271
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

it's anime don't take numbers too seriously

some peoples power level are over 9000 but that's okay too
Old 2007-10-19, 10:38   Link #272
nikorai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Hawkings (I would have guessed a higher IQ but then he has lots of contemplation time I don't) .... <sigh> okay, *my* IQ is somewhere between 145 and 165(depending on the test) and I don't look at average people as "idiots". Sometimes I'm caught offguard when they don't connect the dots after I've figured it out and moved to the next issue. I know a few people with 180+ IQs and they're pretty normal except that they can pick up a densely complex subject they know nothing about and pretty much be an expert in a day or two.

<shrug> they're just establishing she's supposed to be a genius ... it remains to be seen whether they can actually *WRITE* a storyline that portrays such a thing
I start to feel uncomfortable in the presence of extremely smart people.
IQ tests are not wide-spread in my country so I dont know what my IQ is. I graduated with distinction, so i dont think i'm an idiot.
Spoiler for Lots of spoilers from the game about Futami:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-10-20 at 00:56.
Old 2007-10-19, 14:50   Link #273
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
Major spoilers much? I suggest spoiler tagging before I go on on one of may 'anti-spoiling' rants again...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 22:54   Link #274
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I was expecting at least some backstory from Kouichi & Yuumi --- especially after that scene in the first episode. Ah well, at least this way it'll start out nice and fresh. Lovely Yuumi. :wub:

As for Mao/Eiji and Eriko/Kazuki, that turned out as expected. :3

It's good to see that the Kasai Kenichi thing is to start the ED playing at the end of the episode. That worked wonderful for Nodame Cantabile, and it's working nice here. Also after the second episode, i do love how 'different story relationships' are being handled. Enough time was spent on each in this episode.
my thoughts on Kouichi and Yuumi exactly! ^-^
I want to see more of Yuumi's diary entries, and more flashback thoughts from both of them :3

the ED playing was a nice romantic touch to end the episode

More of my thoughts here in my blog post, if anyone wants to read
Please do comment in the blog, if you can :3
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 04:41   Link #275
nikorai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
^
Major spoilers much? I suggest spoiler tagging before I go on on one of may 'anti-spoiling' rants again...
I figured later that perhaps I said too much. However we 've already discussed the situation with Megumi and it was ok.
I admit i wasnt careful enough by giving information about Futami-san in plain view.
The positive thing is that this thread lacks visitors and new posts so I dont think anyone got spoiled. DragoonKain3-san doesnt seem to mind, which is reassuring

Last edited by nikorai; 2007-10-20 at 11:22. Reason: add_on
Old 2007-10-20, 22:59   Link #276
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Doujinshi images NSFW:
Spoiler:

guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 23:10   Link #277
tabun
rawr!

I like the show so far ^^ artwork, voices, characters...

@ guiltygearxt: my my, insinuating pictures already? *clicksaves*
Old 2007-10-20, 23:19   Link #278
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabun View Post
I like the show so far ^^ artwork, voices, characters...

@ guiltygearxt: my my, insinuating pictures already? *clicksaves*
lol theres actually alot more, im just too lazy to find them all XD

Last edited by guiltygearxt; 2007-10-21 at 01:04.
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 03:43   Link #279
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
dam censor

ep 3 - zomg...this series is just awesome in so many ways
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 05:41   Link #280
Blaat

I'm a bit confused, why doesn't every girl like the main character like in every other harem genre, or is that simply out dated way of thinking?

Anyway jokes aside I enjoyed the first two episodes, can't wait for more ^^

Last edited by Blaat; 2007-10-21 at 07:57.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen