AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-18, 13:57   Link #81
Woland
Latin Rascal

So that's why no one seem to be credited for the OST?
I'm not really sure if I'd be happy about that, music are always important, if not essential for my enjoyment... but I guess I have to watch the real thing before starting to complain.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 14:36   Link #82
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Ooh, no soundtrack... definitely some Lain vibes there

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 14:45   Link #83
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Ooh, no soundtrack... definitely some Lain vibes there
Lain HAD a soundtrack...
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 15:12   Link #84
Woland
Latin Rascal

And Lain OST is quite good too... or it's probably better to say, was used effectively. Anyway Duvet it's still one of my favorite anime opening.

Maybe they are going to use some "magic" with the only "sound effect" compartment, it's not that I have no faith in Nakamura&Co.
(I have to watch the raw now, I'm just too curious)
Old 2007-10-18, 18:20   Link #85
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Well, I've given episode 1 a watch and I understood pretty much... none of it.

Ghost Hound dialogue appears to be in inakaben. Not something I'd recommend to watch if you're starting out learning...

Last edited by Grv; 2007-10-18 at 19:02.
Grv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 20:21   Link #86
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

OP

Personally, I was bored to tears by the episode. It does absolutely nothing to try to draw you in or make itself seem... well... interesting. Very atmospheric, but the atmosphere is mostly "this is sooooooo deep."

Last edited by aroduc; 2007-10-18 at 21:28.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 21:35   Link #87
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
OP

Personally, I was bored to tears by the episode. It does absolutely nothing to try to draw you in or make itself seem... well... interesting. Very atmospheric, but the atmosphere is mostly "this is sooooooo deep."
looks very weird and abnormal, i kind of like it
must wait for subs
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 21:37   Link #88
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

The OP was the most interesting thing about the episode. The rest was just talking heads and the occasional dream about a girl lying on a cot.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 22:25   Link #89
Joojoobees

That opening is pretty nice.
Old 2007-10-18, 23:07   Link #90
Kirarakim

Well I couldn't understand much (well okay I couldn't understand anything) but I really liked the atmosphere of it. Plus I think the whole dream aspect of it is really cool. I'm in for now. I mean if I was interested without understanding a word that is a pretty good sign.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 00:56   Link #91
andromeda0201

wow, i liked the opening, very unique!!
still can't tell much from the story alone, just...a lot of nature?
hope it delivers
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 01:32   Link #92
NakedAngelX

I finished ep 1, it will not have half as mysterious/scary/suspense as ghost hunt had i guess.... I thought this was gonna be a great show... I'll give it a couple more eps to see.. & It simply sucks when they try imply these scientific stuffs into an anime show, preview for ep 2 said some crazy shits about dreams.... which is studied by psychologists.... Why... why... its just an anime... its to escape from reality -.-... Why they gotto ruin it with these hard to understand words -.-.....

Spoiler for Ep1:
Old 2007-10-19, 03:55   Link #93
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
.. & It simply sucks when they try imply these scientific stuffs into an anime show, preview for ep 2 said some crazy shits about dreams.... which is studied by psychologists.... Why... why... its just an anime... its to escape from reality -.-... Why they gotto ruin it with these hard to understand words -.-.....
You better stop here then. This is a series from people who worked in title like Serial Experiment Lain, Boogiepop Phantom end Ghost in the Shell. It's gonna give you a true headache, probably. Not really something you can compare or, even more, use to a substitute for the like of Ghost Hunt (have you read the previous messages in this thread?).

I have watched the first part of the episode, which is a "dream sequence" with no dialogs at all. That give me that sort of alienation typical of certain scenes from Lain, more or less. But was different from your usual acid-trip dreamlike sequence, more like an O.O.B.E, if you ask me (with lot of emphasis on detail and camera field-of-view-like movement).

Adn yes, no soundtrack at all, just transition from noise/sound effect to silence, and vice versa (and like v1cious said something you can really "enjoy" with a good pair of headphone).

Last edited by Woland; 2007-10-19 at 05:43.
Old 2007-10-19, 04:37   Link #94
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Anyone who have read Appleseed and Ghost in the Shell manga should know what to expect from Masamune Shirow's works. One half is SWAT action, the other half is talky talk with politic, ethic or scientific topics.
(that's what I liked about them, it make them stand above what could have been another plain Rainbow Six with cyborgs and mechs setting).
Taking a look on the Ghost Hound trailer and character cast should have given people a clue of what Masamune Shirow is to be expected.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 05:20   Link #95
Woland
Latin Rascal

Shirow is probably no more than a borrowed name, and, given what he produced in this last, 10 years?, it's would be only for the better.
Some Shirow's anime adaptation are undoubtedly awesome but... who worked on those?

I'm watching Ghost Hound especially for Nakamura and Konata.
Old 2007-10-19, 05:28   Link #96
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Interesting first episode. Very atmospheric and tense. Kudos to the sound director from producing an extremely eerie feeling of something dreadful going on (even though nothing scary actually occurs).

I wouldn't call it a home run, but I was intrigued. The production is top-notch and the action is very... hmm... mediative, laineque, almost lost in its own thoughts.

It's worth following. I really hope it doesn't turn into Ghostbusters, as the OP implies, and the first episode gave me hope of this really being "spiritual animation", instead of just kids with ghosts mediocricity.

Great work yet again by the ever professional Hiromasa Ogura. Character design is somewhat lowkey, but the visual style for the whole world of Ghost Hunt is very fine.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 07:45   Link #97
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

All right, I finally got my chance to watch episode 1, and did a quick summary of it.

If any one wants to go understand a little bit, just visit the post and comment =3
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 08:00   Link #98
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Lain HAD a soundtrack...
Yes, but it was filled with silent, eerie scenes all over the series. I'm talking, for example, about scenes of Lain walking on the street, watching the crowds, in her computer room... it had a soundtrack, but it was also music-less in lots of different scenes.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 08:42   Link #99
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Great work yet again by the ever professional Hiromasa Ogura.
He's working on this? Good God, I've gotta get my hands on the first episode as soon as I can.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 11:46   Link #100
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Mind rape...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, production i.g.