AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-07-31, 14:30   Link #41
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

what a disappointment this movie was, an X-men movie with just one mutant Wolverine and the other doctor mutant who got her ass kicked by a ninja, can't even say that she was gifted with supernatural powers and the ultimate villain is not a mutant, but an old dying man in big armor suit.

i think the worst movie in the X-men franchise and while watching the movie i completely felt like watching an anime, even if the the story was from Wolverine comics or anime(i haven't read or watched any of that), it felt as is copied the anime totally, it might be because of the japanese setting, but still it had too many elements of an anime.

i hope the next coming X-men movie is actually an X-men movie

and the plot hole i found is that, Logan's skeleton his bones were turned into admantium metal, it mean every bone in his body has converted into a metal, when his admantium claws were cut off, how they hell did he grew bone claws when there was no bone in his body
Old 2013-07-31, 18:09   Link #42
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
what a disappointment this movie was, an X-men movie with just one mutant Wolverine and the other doctor mutant who got her ass kicked by a ninja, can't even say that she was gifted with supernatural powers and the ultimate villain is not a mutant, but an old dying man in big armor suit.

Dude, didn’t you read the synopsis or watch the trailers and other promotional materials? Hell, forget about them, the title alone (The Wolverine) should be a damn obvious clue that this is a Wolverine standalone movie. There's not even an "X-Men" in the title. You don’t watch this in theaters expecting X-Men to show up. This is not X-Men Origins.
Old 2013-07-31, 18:37   Link #43
GDB

Quote:

and the plot hole i found is that, Logan's skeleton his bones were turned into admantium metal, it mean every bone in his body has converted into a metal, when his admantium claws were cut off, how they hell did he grew bone claws when there was no bone in his body
This post just reeks of wrong so badly. First, it wasn't an X-Men movie. It was a Wolverine movie. Did you bitch about Iron Man 3 not having the Avengers? Or Superman not having the Justice League? I'd assume not, since those aren't Avengers or Justice League movies, just as this isn't an X-Men movie.

Second, no, his bones were not replaced with adamantium. They were coated in it. Third, he had bone claws since birth. He had them at the beginning of the movie in Nagasaki, too.

Seriously, if you're going to bitch, have knowledge about what you're bitching about.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 20:30   Link #44
tarachi
Observer

He regenerated his claws back
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 00:28   Link #45
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Dude, didn’t you read the synopsis or watch the trailers and other promotional materials? Hell, forget about them, the title alone (The Wolverine) should be a damn obvious clue that this is a Wolverine standalone movie. There's not even an "X-Men" in the title. You don’t watch this in theaters expecting X-Men to show up. This is not X-Men Origins.
i did watch the trailer, i din't go into other details cause i din't wanted to be spoiled,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
This post just reeks of wrong so badly. First, it wasn't an X-Men movie. It was a Wolverine movie. Did you bitch about Iron Man 3 not having the Avengers? Or Superman not having the Justice League? I'd assume not, since those aren't Avengers or Justice League movies, just as this isn't an X-Men movie.

Second, no, his bones were not replaced with adamantium. They were coated in it. Third, he had bone claws since birth. He had them at the beginning of the movie in Nagasaki, too.

Seriously, if you're going to bitch, have knowledge about what you're bitching about.
ok i might be overreacting, but seeing wolverine is main a x-men character i expected a few mutants to be in it,
about the bone claws whatever, i know he had it since the birth i though his skeleton was made into a metal one.
Old 2013-08-01, 02:53   Link #46
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
ok i might be overreacting, but seeing wolverine is main a x-men character i expected a few mutants to be in it,
about the bone claws whatever, i know he had it since the birth i though his skeleton was made into a metal one.
You don't have to have mutants in a Wolverine film though for it to be entertaining. Just like you don't need other superheroes in a Batman film for it to be entertaining.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 21:28   Link #47
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

No one should have gone into the film expecting a true Xmen based movie, but with that said, Viper's performance would really have alienated me if I was at least seeking some modicum of good mutant-on-mutant relations (which thank god I wasn't)...

A strong mutant villain was the one ingredient this movie was missing that could have propelled it to another echelon...In a movie pretty strong otherwise, it's baffling how they didn't reconsider the actress (Or the villain if this wasn't a pure adaptation)...

The fact that I found this movie so good despite that really says something because I love good villain interaction (even if it's not a boss)...
Old 2013-08-01, 22:40   Link #48
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I honestly believe people are bashing this because of Origins.
Old 2013-08-02, 11:24   Link #49
GDB

Probably. Also, why does Wolverine have to fight a mutant? And Viper wasn't really the main villain, just the plot mover. It was kind of implied the entire time (in real life, not in the movie) that the main villain would be Silver Samurai, which it was.
Old 2013-08-02, 15:30   Link #50
ElCachicamo

Poor Hiroyuki Sanada, wasting his time in these movies when he's capable of much more. Hiro is such a great actor and such an amazing martial artist that is sad to see him act in this shitty American films.

I think this makes me admire Tony Leung even more, he receives scripts from Hollywood all the time and he never agrees because they're all garbage roles. And Tony Leung is one of the best actors in the world, just imagine how bad it is for Asian American actors to have decent roles in Hollywood.

Last edited by ElCachicamo; 2013-08-02 at 17:10.
ElCachicamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 16:45   Link #51
james0246

With Viper, I kept hoping there would be some big reveal were it turned out that she was actually Sinister disguising himself as an awful actress. Sadly Viper turned out to just be a bad actress...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 17:49   Link #52
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCachicamo View Post
Poor Hiroyuki Sanada, wasting his time in these movies when he's capable of much more. Hiro is such a great actor and such an amazing martial artist that is sad to see him act in this shitty American films.

I think this makes me admire Tony Leung even more, he receives scripts from Hollywood all the time and he never agrees because they're all garbage roles. And Tony Leung is one of the best actors in the world, just imagine how bad it is for Asian American actors to have decent roles in Hollywood.
Yeah, the Wolverine was such a TERRIBLE movie and a waste of Sanada's time, who is clearly the greatest actor of our generation. Nevermind the fact that he's willingly taken roles in movies like Sunshine, Lost, and Ronin 47. His arm was really twisted into taking these jobs.

Are you his manager? Did it ever occur to you that he actually may have been interested in these opportunities?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 17:56   Link #53
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^

Ignore his rants, he is pretty much here to call americans trash every chance he gets.
Old 2013-08-05, 19:52   Link #54
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

eh, so does he grow his metal claws back?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2013-08-06 at 08:45.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 19:54   Link #55
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Regeneration.
Old 2013-08-05, 20:21   Link #56
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
eh, so does he grown his metal claws back?
No, they're bone now. Or, at the very least, they're coated in a very thin layer of adamantium (depending on whether they go with the "pool in his hands" explanation from the comics). Odds are, though, that they're just bone.
Old 2013-08-05, 20:57   Link #57
james0246

Didn't he pop his blades at the end (after the credits) and they were just bones?
Old 2013-08-05, 21:03   Link #58
GDB

They were, but there's a chance there was an insanely thin layer of adamantium on them. Probably not, but until we see him actually cut something with them it's hard to tell. I'd wager on only bone at the moment, though.
Old 2013-08-06, 08:45   Link #59
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ahh, thanks for the explanation. i don't follow the comics.

thin layer or not, doesn't it not matter because its indestructible? also, why didn't he slice those samurai swords apart easily, when he was fighting the dad?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 15:29   Link #60
james0246

Because they were f*cking samurai swords, duh. . Katana are always given over-the-top abilities. Its a fairly standard trope that more than just Western media abuses regularly.