AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-02-23, 17:50   Link #341
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

My assumption is that the show was designed for 10-12 year olds, but the writing staff decided they wouldn't be talking down to the kids (a thing writers and producers tend to do all too often).

That could be an incorrect assumption considering the amount of death in the show. Definately isn't G.I. Joe level violence.

Or they assumed their 10-12 year old fan base would grown up with the characters and would now be 15-17 years old.
Old 2013-03-06, 07:38   Link #342
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Looks like Carrie Fisher is also on board to reprise her role as Leia. I guess this means Mark Hammil is very likely to be on board as well.

Hoo boy, expectations for this movie are going to be through the roof.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 17:26   Link #343
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hoo boy, expectations for this movie are going to be through the roof.
And that can be a very huge problem. High expectations usually lead to huge disappointinments.

Endless "Getting the band back together" Soul
Old 2013-03-06, 17:32   Link #344
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

"Star Wars is the tale of the Skywalker family. Please don't expect much."
Old 2013-03-07, 12:51   Link #345
AnimeFan188

Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher Back for 'Star Wars'? George Lucas Says Yes:

"Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill will all return to the Star Wars
galaxy, George Lucas told Bloomberg Businessweek.

The film series' original stars had hinted they would be up for reprising their roles
in the outer-space adventure before, but Lucas made it seem as though at least
a few members of the trio have already signed the dotted line. In fact, they may
have boarded "Episode VII," as its known to the Star Wars faithful, before Disney
plunked down over $4 billion to buy Lucasfilm last December.

"We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison -- or we were pretty much
in final stages of negotiation. So I called them to say, 'Look, this is what's going
on,'" Lucas told Bloomberg Businessweek when asked about whether he kept the
actors in the loop about the Disney acquisition."

See:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/harriso...155729959.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 20:28   Link #346
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I love Star Wars. Even the prequels. Sure, I hate Jar Jar Binks, most of the androids, every alien who can't speak Basic (one reason I can't stand playing Republic in SWTOR is the sheer amount of hippie dippie aliens who force you to read subtitles), and the mouth-vomit-swallowing romance between Anakin and Padame in Episode 1, but I love Star Wars.

That said, I think making a big fuss over bringing back those three actors, who are all very old, is shooting one's self in the foot.

This was a golden opportunity for a new vision and take on the franchise, and unless their roles are largely fan service one-shots, I can not see any real success coming from a movie plot that figures grandpa Solo and Luke in any real way. I really hope their being in the show is similar to how "Spock" was in that last Star Trek. Plus, I was under the impression that Carrie has a very acidic relationship with the franchise, and I can't imagine the filming atmosphere will be all that pleasant with her around.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 20:58   Link #347
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

For all we know it could be for something as little as a holographic image of Han and Leai together at their wedding or something. The use of their likeness perhaps.

Luke is pretty much the only one they might actually need in a sequel, as he was the last of the Jedi. Thus he has to be the one to train the first generation of new Jedi. if the film goes by Mark Hamell's age, than he should be on the second or maybe even third major wave of Jedi to be trained, meaning there would be a few other Jedi Masters and Jedi Knights running around again.

Leia and Han...I don't know. Leia was a Senator from Alderaan before the Imperial Senate (and Alderaan) were removed from the Empire. Most book materials have her in the New Republic's government as a Senator, Cabinet member, or even head of state from time to time. Also they have her at least partly trained as a Jedi...when she has time for training (being one of Luke's first students). Han kind of does his own thing. General of the Republic, father, or running around trying to find people threatening his family or what he worked to build. Or go cruising from time to time (she's still a smuggler at heart). He worries about his kids, especially since he's pretty much the only one in the family that doesn't use the Force. He use to pal aroud with Chewie from time to time, got the Falcon totally rebuilt and then tinkered it back to how he liked it. But the question on Chewbacca is a large one depending on just what they decide to do with the established novels that have been written (largely in continuity with each other) since about 1990 or so.

The only two characters that are probably considered to be absolutely needed for the new trilogy are R2-D2 and C-3PO. They seem to be the hand-me-downs of the Skywalker family.

That is assuming the story is still told about the Skywalkers (or Solos if its Han's kids).
Old 2013-03-09, 04:10   Link #348
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
And that can be a very huge problem. High expectations usually lead to huge disappointinments.

Endless "Getting the band back together" Soul
I am already expecting the vocal fans to declare the film a failure to live up to the legacy.

I hope Luke gets a Ben Kenobi kind of mentor role. It would make a good circle, we saw one young Skywalker grow up, become a Jedi and fall, and another Skywalker become a Jedi, save the galaxy, and become a master like his and his father's mentor.
Old 2013-03-09, 06:12   Link #349
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

The Falcon needs to come back. Completely updated of course with more modern tech, but still messy.

More importantly, this time they should save the internal film set instead of ripping it to pieces.

Even better, if they can just build a 1/1 scale ship model. I always wondered why they never did that for tourists.
Old 2013-03-11, 20:55   Link #350
AnimeFan188

Shake-Ups at Lucasfilm: 'The Clone Wars' Axed, 'Star Wars: Detours' in Limbo:

"Lucasfilm Animation announced Monday that "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," the
animated spinoff that has aired for five seasons on the Cartoon Network, has
effectively been canceled. According to a statement posted on the "Star Wars"
website, "After five highly successful and critically acclaimed seasons of 'Star Wars:
The Clone Wars,' we feel the time has come to wind down the series."

Dave Filoni, the supervising director for "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," posted a
video on the site, citing the enthusiasm of George Lucas and the fans for the show
but also confirming that Lucasfilm will be pointing the "Stars Wars" franchise in a
new direction."

See:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/shake-ups-a...010819212.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 21:07   Link #351
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

However they are still making Clone Wars episodes. The question is "where will they show them?"
Old 2013-03-12, 12:51   Link #352
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Which reminds me, I still need to get the Season 4 collection. I wonder if they might continue showing the remaining episodes online, like they do now.

Endless "Winding down" Soul
Old 2013-03-12, 17:43   Link #353
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

given that they're also "confirming that Lucasfilm will be pointing the "Stars Wars" franchise in a new direction." it would seem pretty obvious the staff will be set to work on promotional material for episode VII. Like how the original Clone Wars cartoon was for RotS.

Speaking of which, I would not mind another one of those. Cartoons they were, but they qot least got the scale of a galactic war down better than most sci-fi stuff out there.
Old 2013-03-12, 18:11   Link #354
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Shake-Ups at Lucasfilm: 'The Clone Wars' Axed, 'Star Wars: Detours' in Limbo:

"Lucasfilm Animation announced Monday that "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," the
animated spinoff that has aired for five seasons on the Cartoon Network, has
effectively been canceled. According to a statement posted on the "Star Wars"
website, "After five highly successful and critically acclaimed seasons of 'Star Wars:
The Clone Wars,' we feel the time has come to wind down the series."

Dave Filoni, the supervising director for "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," posted a
video on the site, citing the enthusiasm of George Lucas and the fans for the show
but also confirming that Lucasfilm will be pointing the "Stars Wars" franchise in a
new direction."

See:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/shake-ups-a...010819212.html
This makes me so sad. As strange as it is to say this, and despite the inordinate # of times the show adamantly went back to Jar Jar Binks as a main character for an episode or two, in a lot of ways I actually found this animated series to be the best over-all Star Wars experience to date.

Did Disney not get the memo? TV these days is often superior to film, allowing you to paint stories unconstrained by a 90 minute block.

Bah.
Also, cake.
Old 2013-03-12, 19:14   Link #355
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'd say Disney got the memo (seriously, I think the list of Disney movies that didn't get their own TV series would be the shorter of the two), so they're shifting the crew's direction to more episode VII related stuff. It makes sense to start planning the TV stuff while they're planning the movie.
Old 2013-03-12, 19:25   Link #356
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The idea seems like the are going to finish the Clone Wars, but not on Cartoon Network. Then shift to doing more Episode VII related materials (also postponing Detours to focus on Episode VII materials).

They mention a new animated project that's to go into areas they've not gone before. Post-Return of the Jedi cartoon? That is an area they've not touched much outside of novels and some older computer games. Also would allow them to make a lead up to Episode VII project (and perhaps get the rest of the world up to speed about what has been going on between Return of the Jedi and Episode VII.
Old 2013-03-12, 19:36   Link #357
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The idea seems like the are going to finish the Clone Wars, but not on Cartoon Network. Then shift to doing more Episode VII related materials (also postponing Detours to focus on Episode VII materials).

They mention a new animated project that's to go into areas they've not gone before. Post-Return of the Jedi cartoon? That is an area they've not touched much outside of novels and some older computer games. Also would allow them to make a lead up to Episode VII project (and perhaps get the rest of the world up to speed about what has been going on between Return of the Jedi and Episode VII.
Well, if cancelling the show just means they're making another Star Wars tv show, then I'm totally fine with that.

Obviously, Clone Wars had a finite run, and it was getting closer and closer to Episode 3 and would have had to end soon anyways, and while it's not great closure, the ending of Season 5 can certainly work as an end to the series because as much as I'm sure some viewers would like to know the ultimate fate of Asoka, the main issue of removing her from Anakin's side has been accomplished.

I've heard the producer would like to give us the 4? story arcs they had been working on for season 6, but at this stage I'd consider that just talk until Disney says something definitive about that.
Also, cake.
Old 2013-03-12, 19:39   Link #358
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Remember, thr Clone Wars is ending, bit not ended. There is still some stories they have left to present and have obviously finished some of it if they are able to show part of the Clovis Arc and the clip on what looks like a preview of Order 66.

It is just a matter of where they will show them.
Old 2013-03-12, 20:01   Link #359
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
At least Katie Lucas won't be writing any more atrocious stories.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 22:09   Link #360
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh god that's his daughter? XD

Tags
star wars