AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-04, 13:16   Link #1401
ImperialFlameGod8190

sorry to double post but anybody get DW sligloo I want that gooey ability if u have the form i'd like it in a trade nature doesn't matter let me know what u want for it and i'll see what I can do
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 13:38   Link #1402
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Gengar may gain shadow tag but he loses one of his big weapons in Earthquake resistance and in order to be a decent physical sweeper you have earthquake So I think that's bad.
Are you really saying that Levitate is better than Shadow Tag? And the entire point of Shadow Tag is so that the opponent can't switch to a physical sweeper with Earthquake in the first place.

Quote:
Charizard X does gain the coveted dragon and lose stealth rock resistance which is usually the bane of its existence but tough claws only covers physical and he's now very easy to kill with earthquake.
There are plenty of physical STAB attacks. Fire Fang/Flare Blitz and Dragon Claw. Put that together with Swords Dance and it will hit harder than he ever could before.

Quote:
Scizor that's interesting because it gets a big attack boost and technician but if u can survive the bullet punch fire attacks still rip him to shreds so I'll say push on that.
You're being silly now. Fire is a big weakness for Scizor whether it's in Mega form or not. This does nothing to prove that he would rather not be in Mega.

Quote:
Blastoise gets a stat boost and mega launcher which is a good ability but he doesn't get much to take advantage of that Clawlitzer still makes a better user of mega launcher
Blastoise can learn Aura Sphere as an Egg Move.

Quote:
I don't think Kangaskhan benefits at all mainly because it was never a great poke before and it still isn't to me.
Parental Bond doubles the hits on any attack. Power Up Punch x2 means an easy +2 attack. STAB on normal moves which normally already have high base power will hit harder.

Quote:
Alakazam. Gets a dangerous ability. Trace is a brilliant ability for a few reasons. 1. its the best scouting move in the game because not only does it tell you what the opponents ability is it usually gets that ability granted the first time it may not work very well much like magic bounce but after that it helps
If you need Trace to tell what ability a Pokémon has, your knowledge of Pokémon is severely lacking. A wide majority of Pokémon raised for battle will stick with one ability (like Scizor with Technician) because it's clearly the best out of the possible three. Are you really disregarding Alakazam's only protection against Ghost and some Dark attacks just because you didn't do your homework?

That's not to mention that Alakazam doesn't necessarily benefit from every ability.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 13:51   Link #1403
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Blastoise can learn Aura Sphere as an Egg Move.
And Dragon Pulse. And then he gets Water Pulse from leveling up, and Dark Pulse from TM.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 16:11   Link #1404
Who

Personally, I'd say a good majority of the mega evolutions gained enough to improve them in significant (and some, new) ways. Some obviously have to trade-off (ex: Gyarados losing Moxie and a few resistances for the ability to counter Rotom-W with an Earthquake because of Mold Breaker). Granted, a few don't stand out on their own because they require some synergy with other mons, but that's what Pokemon is about.

You're not doing just 1v1s; it's a 6 member team that's supposed to support one another.

However, the few that don't really stand out to me are:
-Pinsir
-Mega Heracross <-- I haven't looked into him yet, but at first glance of its abilities and lowered Speed stat... doesn't look good.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 16:57   Link #1405
GDB

Really? Pinsir is looking to be an amazing mega evolution. The ability, in addition to turning normal moves into flying moves, gives them a 30% or 33% boost in power as well. It makes Quick Attack as strong as Extreme Speed, except it can actually be super effective against things. Plus a STAB'd, boosted Return? He's gonna be nuts.
Old 2013-11-04, 17:13   Link #1406
Awrya
U mad?

Instead of Return, I'd consider using Thrash, with 50% stab and 30% Aerilate, it'll deal massive, though it's resisted by 3 types.
Old 2013-11-04, 17:48   Link #1407
GDB

Return - 102 Base Power
Thrash - 90 Base Power, locks you into a move, confuses you when you're through.

Why would you ever choose the latter over the former?
Old 2013-11-04, 17:51   Link #1408
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Really? Pinsir is looking to be an amazing mega evolution. The ability, in addition to turning normal moves into flying moves, gives them a 30% or 33% boost in power as well. It makes Quick Attack as strong as Extreme Speed, except it can actually be super effective against things. Plus a STAB'd, boosted Return? He's gonna be nuts.
Well, I guess you can argue that you treat him as carefully as Charizard Y or Charizard X (before he transforms, so regular Charizard), or even any other SR-weak Pokemon, so putting that aside, he's walled by Rock and Steel fairly easily. Not to mention Edgequake is a fairly common combination. But if that's not a problem, then by all means he's pretty good. Also, I didn't say he's bad; he just doesn't really strike me as something I'd use over other Megas.

I'd give him a revenge killer/cleaner role, because whenever I tried using him in Showdown... he just doesn't last that long, and I prefer using other options. I have no doubt that in lower tiers, he'd be amazing. He'll rip stuff up in UU/BL, which is where I see him placing.

Edit:
Honestly, I'm probably underestimating him. I'll try using him some more later and see how it goes.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 18:46   Link #1409
Awrya
U mad?

Thrash used to have a base power of 90, but in Gen.6 (and Gen.5) it has 120 base power and is basically a flying type Outrage.
Old 2013-11-04, 20:58   Link #1410
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Added some people from the last couple of pages!
Spoiler for list of people added:

My FC is 3711-7182-0609. My safari is fairy type, with Togepi, Swirlix, and Floette.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 02:38   Link #1411
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post

My FC is 3711-7182-0609. My safari is fairy type, with Togepi, Swirlix, and Floette.
Umm........can you add me too?

My FC is 4656-7099-7563
Old 2013-11-05, 03:31   Link #1412
JohnNiles

Blegh... finally got the oval charm. This should cut down on those useless stretches of cycling without getting an egg. I had to hatch a bunch of 1st stage pokemon and get a few fortunate pickups off the GTS. Hatching eggs is not quite as fun as it was in B/W2 - no nurseries to speed up the process and O-powers aren't very effective unless you walk around every day to boost the multiplier rate, while pass power orbs could be hoarded for a rainy day.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 08:43   Link #1413
GDB

Why have I never heard of this Oval Charm before? Oh, that's how, because you have to get the full Kalos Pokedex. Blegh.
Old 2013-11-05, 10:18   Link #1414
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Quote:

Gave her you number.

If anyone else added her (1220 6630 6216), tell me 'cause she said she won't add anyone that didn't add her :/

I added everyone, I think, if I forgot, remind me :P
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 10:57   Link #1415
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcscasio View Post
Gave her you number.

If anyone else added her (1220 6630 6216), tell me 'cause she said she won't add anyone that didn't add her :/

I added everyone, I think, if I forgot, remind me :P
Could you please let her know that I added her? :>
(my FC was 0576-4388-9979)
Thanks in advance~
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 11:10   Link #1416
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Umm........can you add me too?

My FC is 4656-7099-7563
Woops, I registered you but forgot to include it in the list! I think you may have added my number wrong though, as you're still not showing up as a fully registered friend.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 12:15   Link #1417
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Woops, I registered you but forgot to include it in the list! I think you may have added my number wrong though, as you're still not showing up as a fully registered friend.
Could you add me as well? My FC is 5000-2960-1997.
Old 2013-11-05, 13:45   Link #1418
Marina2

@Tjfarmer

OK, got you in my friend list now ^^

Thanks
Old 2013-11-05, 15:35   Link #1419
ChampDream
Alive

I heard a rumor about salamence mega evolution, he actually have two:
mega salamence R
mega salamence S
The R for ruby and the S for sapphire, is it true?
Old 2013-11-05, 15:40   Link #1420
GDB

I'm going to go with "no", since X and Y aren't even a month old yet. Plus, it hasn't been reported anywhere yet.

Tags
pokemon x & y, rpg