AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-07-13, 18:01   Link #1241
ExcllSagaZ

Hina is awesome....cool personality and does kendo lol.
ExcllSagaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 18:04   Link #1242
UPR

and from we saw last ep Hina does not let many guys call by her first name looks like Hayate is the only given than privelege
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 18:06   Link #1243
fieryshadowcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Well at least Hayate never gets sent flying into the sky
Lol, quite the opposite, really. Hayate leaps into the sky at will. :P

Maria and Hinagiku are my two favorite characters in this series at the moment. I wouldn't mind seeing a Hayate x Maria pairing, but because the "moments" of this series so often involve Hayate and Hinagiku, that's where my ship-o-meter currently points. In fact, it's hard to stay impartial between Hinagiku and Maria right now with Maria getting so little direct interaction with Hayate (or anyone else), so Hinagiku ends up being the more focused on character and the more developed between the two, and I suppose that's why I feel inclined to like her more. I like Nagi very much as a character (she's certainly not one-dimensional like Shana/Louise/etc. who don't make it any easier for the male lead to prove he's worthwhile; in fact, saying Nagi is even a part of that character archetype is an insult to her), but she's not my favorite by far, and I'm definitely not supporting a pairing between her and Hayate.

One thing that I like about all of the females in this series, however, are that they don't have the "extreme" (ie. formulaic, cardboard, stereotypical) characteristics that plague so many other series, harem or otherwise. There's no "Extreme Tsundere," who's so incredibly unstable that it ends up irritating you to no end. There's no "Extreme Loli," and certainly no extreme desire of the male lead to pursue such a relationship. I could go on, but you get my point. The characters in this are all fleshed out, and the development of relationships are not only detailed, but feasible and desired. Girls don't fall head over heels for Hayate based on single "moments" like in other series--you can see the impact he has on them over time--but they do take an interest in him early on, which makes sense considering how cool a character he really is.

I enjoyed Love Hina, mind you (particularly the manga, which made Keitarou a lot more redeemable as a human being than the show, even though he was still the typical harem shounen who spends most of the story being indecisive, weak-willed and obtrusive), and I love harem animes and even cling quickly to pairings in non-harem series, but Hayate blows my mind in every relationship-involving way. It's like I say to my friends constantly, "This is not a harem series, but by the end, he'll have every girl in love with him." That's just how badass Hayate is.
fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 19:01   Link #1244
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I'm feeling the lovemetre pointing towards Hina as well.... The thing now that you have to take into consideration is that the anime creators have already realised that hina was voted one of the most popular characters..... As seen with ep 15

Spoiler for ep15 butler network:

Knowing that fact, you have to wonder if the manga writers and the anime producers are going to go with her popularity or screw with everyone's expectations for laughs..
Old 2007-07-13, 19:07   Link #1245
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Watch Hayate end up being homosexual. Now that would really screw with the fans.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 19:11   Link #1246
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
That would be the worst ending ever if Hayate ended up homosexual
But I guess it's the school arc so maybe they're developing Hayate's relationship with Hina
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 19:14   Link #1247
TigerII
Pilot in Training

It would be bad, but you have to admit. It would be funny. Think about the girls reactions when they found out, lol.
Old 2007-07-13, 19:26   Link #1248
holyman282

Quote:
But I guess it's the school arc so maybe they're developing Hayate's relationship with Hina
Because of the obvious remarks in the anime that shows them acknowledging the fact that hayate no gotoku is a anime a possible ending for that might be..

Spoiler for possibled gay ending:
Old 2007-07-13, 20:30   Link #1249
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Maybe he's shown some to Maria, as he always blushes
Ya, that's why i mentioned maria first.
Old 2007-07-13, 20:57   Link #1250
holyman282

Yeah Hayate always blushes when he's near Maria and has shown some obvious hints that he likes her.... That's not to say he doesn't blush when he's near Hina either

for example:
Spoiler for ep15:

This means that Hayate has shown hints of maybe liking Hina or Maria, although from the evidence it appears he likes Maria more.. This contrasts with the way in which he behaves around Nagi, as he feels embarrased when getting close to Hina or Maria but doesn't get embarrased when he's near Nagi in fact Nagi is the one that gets embarrased..

eg

Spoiler for ep15:
Old 2007-07-13, 21:20   Link #1251
TigerII
Pilot in Training

He acts more like a brother to her.
Old 2007-07-13, 21:32   Link #1252
UPR

^^^ and he says so himself that it feels like brother taking care of his sister
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 21:45   Link #1253
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Well Hayate does have to protect Nagi, and so after carrying Nagi many times, he doesn't feel anything unusual
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 21:57   Link #1254
archanfels

Well, thanks to her dominating popularity, all the Hina fans can pray that the author of the HnG pull a "Ichigo 100%"

Although IMO the Ichigo 100% incident is one of the biggest joke in manga history, shows how clueless an author can be.
archanfels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 21:59   Link #1255
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well romantic or not, he is going to be with nagi for what forty years I think? Wonder if she would let him date other girls? For me, any of the girls are fine. No one of them has my preference over the other who he gets with if any. If it does end up being Nagi for some reason, I at least hope they wait a few years so she is not a little kid anymore.

But I doubt he will get with her based on the fact he acts like a sibling around her and the fact that he told Maria he would not get with her because it would look like he did it for money.
Old 2007-07-13, 22:02   Link #1256
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
Well, thanks to her dominating popularity, all the Hina fans can pray that the author of the HnG pull a "Ichigo 100%"

Although IMO the Ichigo 100% incident is one of the biggest joke in manga history, shows how clueless an author can be.
yea, although that was my top choice it just didn't figure well with all the constructed events before. same goes with all the nagi stuff here.
Old 2007-07-13, 22:19   Link #1257
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
beastality imo, Hayate x Tama , oh wait it's already happened
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 22:45   Link #1258
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Watch Hayate end up being homosexual. Now that would really screw with the fans.
Don't forget about Klaus in episode 8.
and he was waiting in Hayate's bed in episode 13
Fruitfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 00:16   Link #1259
holyman282

Quote:
Well Hayate does have to protect Nagi, and so after carrying Nagi many times, he doesn't feel anything unusual
That reminds me that sometimes the closer you are to a person the further apart they become. Nagi's desire to be near Hayate might be her own downfall as Hayate slowly gets desensitized to contact with Nagi....

Meanwhile on the other hand, he hasn't gotten enough of both Maria or Hina and hence physical contact or anything of the sorts would make him blush....

Also Hina is about the same age as Hayate right?(Can someone confirm or give the actual age of Hina) and Maria is older and Hayate doesn't seem like the type to be attracted to loli type girls..
Old 2007-07-14, 00:46   Link #1260
spy6060

Hina and Hayate should both be 16, Nagi 14, Maria 17.
spy6060 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp