AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-06-10, 11:38   Link #1681
Xander

For the time being...I don't really expect to see much, if anything, related to C.C. or Geass in the Code Geass Gaiden anime.

The premise doesn't seem to make any kind of reference to Geass and C.C. herself wasn't in Europe at the time.

At most, we may see a previously unknown Geass user who is quickly disposed of...but even that's pushing it.

However, from what little we've seen so far, I would argue that the new manga focused on Renya is perfect for this.

Why? We've already seen some Geass-related ruins and C.C. is already involved, one way or another.

The fact that it takes place in the past provides a good opportunity for dealing with other aspects of C.C.'s background.

I'd say that R2 already gave us her origin, strictly speaking, and I don't think we're ever going to get a complete biography on C.C. or what have you...but filling in some of the blanks sounds like a good idea.

Just don't expect to get the full story since she's not the protagonist...although I'm perfectly fine with that myself, mind you.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 18:19   Link #1682
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
So... You want the Code Geass world to have more horrible people for the sake of realism, but then want unrealistic levels of punishment for villainy?

Then it isn't a realistic world that you want, it is just that you want a different fantasy world all together from what Sunrise offered.
Perhaps I didn't word my sentences correctly (English is a 2nd language to me), but what I was trying to convey was that I'd like to see a story that is a direct continuation of the story of some of the characters involved in Lelouch's story. That would be a new world, but not entirely brand new. Now, I do admit that asking for more realism and then asking for karmic retribution for some characters is hypocritical, but I do not think that those two things have to be mutually inclusive. Seeing characters like Villetta and Oughi get what they deserved for all their bs would be the cherry on top of my cheesecake. I'd be willing to accept that even though it is unrealistic and out of place in a realistic CG world just because. And hey, it's not as bad as expecting us to swallow that all the evils of the world died with Lelouch and people just changed, since sometimes in RL bastards do get what's coming to them...
Old 2010-06-11, 13:33   Link #1683
azul120

Or Cornelia, for that matter, for instance.

But real life has plenty of Karma Houdinis to go around. Just ask Idl Amin.

I do agree with the idea of a post-CGR2 storyline, since there were flaws and contradictions in Lelouch's final plan, which was ultimately a death wish to begin with. Kodai Okuda's fanfic Dirge of Daedalus sums it up pretty well, not to mention that it in itself would make for a pretty satisfying continuation.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 10:46   Link #1684
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
I do agree with the idea of a post-CGR2 storyline, since there were flaws and contradictions in Lelouch's final plan, which was ultimately a death wish to begin with. Kodai Okuda's fanfic Dirge of Daedalus sums it up pretty well, not to mention that it in itself would make for a pretty satisfying continuation.
From a poetic standpoint, once could claim that the very existence of a sequel where things needs fixing would, in itself, justify Lulu's survival.

A way of the Jupiter Geass-God saying "Don't you die on me, you still got work to do!"
Old 2010-06-13, 10:51   Link #1685
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
The main problem with anything past R2 is that there are no great villains left.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 11:14   Link #1686
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
The main problem with anything past R2 is that there are no great villains left.
sure there is
Zero is left
creating a script where the new "antagonist" discovers the truth behind Z-R and sets out to try and bring suzaku to justice is very easy to create.
suzaku would be the PROTAGINIST, in such a concept, but he would not necessarily be the HERO for it (just as Lelouch was in the final arc)
and the fact that the new antagonist is perfectly willing to use dirty tactics to achive his goal makes them both just as much villains as heroes

you'll have one guy trying to expose the truth and bringing one of histories greatest war criminals to justice (at risk of undoing the peace created by the crime)
and another guy trying to protect the secret of the crime, because he believes the world is a better place while under its illusion (ignoring the horrible things done to achieve it)

a very morally gray conflict, where either side could be viewed as right as well as wrong

Quote:
From a poetic standpoint, once could claim that the very existence of a sequel where things needs fixing would, in itself, justify Lulu's survival.
actually, a sequel in which Lelouch's plan backfired and created the very thing that risks to undo it, is perfectly in line with Lelouch's character
he doesn't need to be alive, only his actions need to effect the plot
and since Z-R's effects would last for years, you've got that covered
Old 2010-06-13, 11:31   Link #1687
Gordy Lechance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post

...he doesn't need to be alive, only his actions need to effect the plot...
Darned right!! If Jigsaw can be dead for 4 movies and STILL affect the plot of the Saw series, so can Baby-Lulu for his franchise.
Old 2010-06-13, 11:46   Link #1688
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
actually, a sequel in which Lelouch's plan backfired and created the very thing that risks to undo it, is perfectly in line with Lelouch's character
he doesn't need to be alive, only his actions need to effect the plot
and since Z-R's effects would last for years, you've got that covered
Lulu has a strong incentive to be alive because, let's face it, his very character was what the entire TV series was built upon. CC, Suzaku, Kallen and all the others are there to bounce personalities off him. Unless the main character in the Europe side-story become just as popular as Lulu, Lulu would have to physically be around in some way for a recognisable sequel.
Old 2010-06-13, 12:01   Link #1689
Gordy Lechance

For all we know, C2 may have a refrigerated hall in which she keeps taxidermally preserved remains of all her past "toy-boys", including poor Mao.

No doubt wearing a mink coat to keep warm when she visits them, and that's when Baby-Lulu might cameo.
Old 2010-06-13, 12:09   Link #1690
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Lulu has a strong incentive to be alive because, let's face it, his very character was what the entire TV series was built upon. CC, Suzaku, Kallen and all the others are there to bounce personalities off him. Unless the main character in the Europe side-story become just as popular as Lulu, Lulu would have to physically be around in some way for a recognisable sequel.
the fact that the entire show was built around Lulu is part of the BAD things about it
it prevented proper development for other characters and storylines, and not just minor ones.
Suzaku's connection to geass
C.C's actual past beyond getting geass
Kallen's brother and her britannian side
all plotlines that were tossed aside to make more room for Lulu's amazing angst show
season 1 at least gave enough screentime to Suzaku to make him a second lead, but in season 2 even he was reduced in regard to his part in the plot

a new season absent Lelouch's presence, would be able to take already pre-established characters and universe, and develop them better, while using Lelouch's character and his actions as the jump off point for the new plot
Old 2010-06-13, 13:04   Link #1691
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Well, if Lelouch were to be brought back, there would be ways to do that. For example, make a male clone of Nunnaly that way Lelouch 2.0 is still a product of Marianne x Charles, or alternatively clone Charles and then download Lelouch's conciousness from C's world into the body and boom, you got new, taller, stronger, handsomer Lelouch. However, I think focusing on a new character would be way better than going back to LL. A guy who's willing to use dirty tactics and kill as many people as it takes to expose the greatest crime/lie in CG history would make for some entertainment. A Schneizel/Xingke hybrid could work IMO.
Old 2010-06-13, 20:10   Link #1692
azul120

I'd say it's been handled pretty well in Dirge of Daedalus and its followup, Chronicles of Tartarus (soon to be followed by the Alpha and the Omega). Lelouch is brought back to life, develops as a person (something he ultimately got screwed out of by the end of R2) and it's all done in such a way that he isn't the Spotlight Stealing Squad.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 04:23   Link #1693
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric101 View Post
I think I've decided that at this point I'd like to see a remake of R2 more than anything. even if they wouldn't make an anime, i'd like to see a book or a manga.

imo the manga's plot sounds more interesting than the akito anime, but i don't know if i'll ever get around to it. i'm not really a manga person.

and three months until any more info?

P.S. - i think somebody here said they sent a letter to Taniguchi? if so, what was the address, and did you just leave it in english? thanks in advance.
Hi Maveric101,
I was the one who wrote to Taniguchi regarding the idea of continuing his ideas for Code Geass as a manga. I mentioned that the best way to properly lay out his ideas was to write a manga because it would give him the opportunity to control the story as opposed to an animation production schedule. It gives him unrestricted opportunities to take risks without answering to anyone.

As for the Address to Sunrise, I'll PM the the information.

And I am in favor of a Code Geass R2 remake that would continue the story in 2017 instead of 2018. Although, who knows what will happen? Only time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Well, if Lelouch were to be brought back, there would be ways to do that. For example, make a male clone of Nunnaly that way Lelouch 2.0 is still a product of Marianne x Charles, or alternatively clone Charles and then download Lelouch's conciousness from C's world into the body and boom, you got new, taller, stronger, handsomer Lelouch. However, I think focusing on a new character would be way better than going back to LL. A guy who's willing to use dirty tactics and kill as many people as it takes to expose the greatest crime/lie in CG history would make for some entertainment. A Schneizel/Xingke hybrid could work IMO.
Personally,
I don't think that anyone will want to continue the story from where the second season had ended. Whether in the future or concurrently. Besides, Lelouch is probably an immotal because it's possible that he might have unknowingly obtained Charles "Code. Thus, it's for the best if the ending for Code Geass R2 remain as is. If we want to see Lelouch returns, it would have to be from the end of the first season had left offas an alternate storyline.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 09:58   Link #1694
Chupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
For the time being...I don't really expect to see much, if anything, related to C.C. or Geass in the Code Geass Gaiden anime.

The premise doesn't seem to make any kind of reference to Geass and C.C. herself wasn't in Europe at the time.

At most, we may see a previously unknown Geass user who is quickly disposed of...but even that's pushing it.

However, from what little we've seen so far, I would argue that the new manga focused on Renya is perfect for this.

Why? We've already seen some Geass-related ruins and C.C. is already involved, one way or another.

The fact that it takes place in the past provides a good opportunity for dealing with other aspects of C.C.'s background.

I'd say that R2 already gave us her origin, strictly speaking, and I don't think we're ever going to get a complete biography on C.C. or what have you...but filling in some of the blanks sounds like a good idea.

Just don't expect to get the full story since she's not the protagonist...although I'm perfectly fine with that myself, mind you.

Hmm i wonder if the new Manga and Gaiden (which shouldn't feature Lelouch, C.C or the BK's) is paving a way for a legitimate continuation from R2. I say legitimate because how things stand now, with what information we've been given, it could only be through some unbelievable nonsense that the story continue. Better they create some interesting history for us to understand whatever future (if any) they decide to conjure.

Geass seemed to be pretty widespread, wouldn't surprise me if there were other Geass users & immortals (unsure because C.C & V.V seemed to show how immortals have a connection) who didn't (certainly not at the same time as Lelouch) choose to go so far as to change the world. I doubt Charles had a complete fix on something so mystical.

Last edited by Chupps; 2010-06-14 at 13:00.
Chupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 21:34   Link #1695
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

good KLAC-alimghty how much more of this "Abomination" series got why don't just i don't know RESTART/REBOOT it all.

but in a way to make sure none of those "events" happen to save this series really after all these times i've still NOT like the series is just an Abomination to watch.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 22:12   Link #1696
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Now now D-KLAC. I know it's hard but you should really not poke fun at other series like that. That only makes way for it to be returned, thusly a circle of never ending flames from there on. It's not kind to be like that.

I doubt this but has any new information been released? The wait is only anxious so things can be brought to light and certain things being settled once and for all.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 22:50   Link #1697
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Now now D-KLAC. I know it's hard but you should really not poke fun at other series like that. That only makes way for it to be returned, thusly a circle of never ending flames from there on. It's not kind to be like that.

I doubt this but has any new information been released? The wait is only anxious so things can be brought to light and certain things being settled once and for all.
"poke fun" yea right besides it's just i still got "issues" on it give i'm wanting the new series to be the one to "SAVE" or yet RESTART/REBOOT it to prevent those "happenings" really i'm NOT ok with it.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 01:13   Link #1698
Chupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
"poke fun" yea right besides it's just i still got "issues" on it give i'm wanting the new series to be the one to "SAVE" or yet RESTART/REBOOT it to prevent those "happenings" really i'm NOT ok with it.
Uhm, your wording is weird, do you support the new project to hopefully spark a continuation of the series because you hate the thought of creating a 'happening' out of nowhere to start a new one?
Old 2010-06-16, 01:26   Link #1699
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I suggest ignoring him. D-KLAC has a history of trolling these forums and ignoring all requests to properly clarify his posts.
Old 2010-06-16, 01:29   Link #1700
Chupps

Noted

Tags
drama, mecha