AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-01, 14:45   Link #181
ipernorris

I started reading the translation of the novels and I found something interesting:
Quote:
[...]
The self-moving cities (Regios) spread across the world in their own forms, ranging from the simple, standard form that provides everything for human survival, to forms that strengthen particular areas.

One of that forms is the Academy City.

Zuellni – The Academy City Zuellni.

[...]
“This is a habit of cities. I’ve no idea what the alchemists were thinking, but cities fight for territory every two years. What’s more interesting is that they’d only compete with the same form of cities…… I could only say that the cities were made too well.”

Although the cities were fighting for territories, it was actually the people living in the cities who carried out the fights.

“Sure, it’s called the Military Arts competition, but in reality, the competition is the same as…… the war that takes place between normal cities.”

War. Layfon’s expression turned grim.

“Of course, our goal is to conduct a student-like all-encompassing fight. The Alliance of Academy Cities supervises every fight. Non-lethal weapons are used. Swords are sheathed. Anesthetic bullets are used. But since it’s a war, there’s no much difference between what the winner obtains and what the loser loses. It’s not as tragic as a real war, but the ending is the same
These sentences prove that inter-regios matches are only among regios of the same type... this means Zuellni will fight only another academy city and never Grendan.
Old 2009-05-02, 04:22   Link #182
zibi88

Can someone tell me which novel was about the match between cities.... and where nina got possesed by that nobility ?
Old 2009-05-02, 08:16   Link #183
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Can someone tell me which novel was about the match between cities.... and where nina got possesed by that nobility ?
Uh? What?
Nina gets possessed? Wow Goat-chan is working very hard to possess people... well at least Nina should be more pleasant than Din!
Old 2009-05-02, 08:51   Link #184
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Uh? What?
Nina gets possessed? Wow Goat-chan is working very hard to possess people... well at least Nina should be more pleasant than Din!
ehh if you dont know the answer than why quoteing ?? I saw what ep18 will be about so I'm trying to see which volume is it happening.... since CSR anime has 24episodes so what volume is about the stuff that is happening in ep18.... with this we can see if it will reach volume12 (will all those HB fighting and queen kidnapping both Leein and Nina while Layfon is chaseing her and the same time fighting savaius)

It's quite interesting to know if the anime will reach an volume end and go back in next season or the distance between current anime epiodes and current 12th novel (20 may will be 13th volume of novel released) is too great so they will do an alternative anime only ending (so to learn more about regios story they will have to buy that legend of regios dvd the one that we see little clips of it each episode ^^)

well other option is that they will reach in anime one volume than they will end it and wait till the novel reaches higher amount of volumes so they can make another season from it......... time will show I can say but how many volumes 1anime episode covers this is the question.....

anyway regarding the 12th volume of novel.... can someone say why the queen kidnapped Leerin now....we know she has a strange power but why kidnap and not normaly talk like humans.... with that forced separation Leerin will only suffer and will hate the queen (since I dont know what her objectives are....make the black-haired girl awake the same the leerin we know will disapper... or something else that kidna will change Leerin)......... well Layfon now is chaseing after Leerin...but is forced to fight Savarius (did queen ordered all HB to fight with Layfon or only sava and maybe lincent with those strings)

hehe maybe the queen is testing Layfon as how much he has become strong and how does he feel about Leerin (to test his relationship and his motivation to protect what's important to him).... dont know but its kidna sad that Queen is treating Leerin kinda like her belonging.... I kidna hope that Leerin will opose her and say she hates her or something (since she kicked Layfon out... and now she is forcefully separeting her from Layfon and the same she putted Layfon in danger by fighting all HB vs him where he might die)

Hope that some novel reader can explain that a bit
Old 2009-05-02, 09:41   Link #185
ipernorris

Quote:
ehh if you dont know the answer than why quoteing ?? I saw what ep18 will be about so I'm trying to see which volume is it happening.... since CSR anime has 24episodes so what volume is about the stuff that is happening in ep18.... with this we can see if it will reach volume12 (will all those HB fighting and queen kidnapping both Leein and Nina while Layfon is chaseing her and the same time fighting savaius)
Because no one quoted the post I made about Regios battling only the ones of the same type, so I feel alone!
BTW... I quoted you because I saw the word possessed and Nina in the same sentence... so I thought about Goat-chan immediately!
Old 2009-05-02, 14:21   Link #186
giorno

the japanese page on wikipedia has a bit of information...

the current episodes should cover volume 5, so maybe it will manage to cover up to volume 11...

i don't think that they made an anime ending for it, at best, a season ending...so we probably should expect a second season if this goes well(especially considering the success of the light novels in japan...)
Old 2009-05-03, 01:01   Link #187
blewin

Quote:
I started reading the translation of the novels and I found something interesting:

These sentences prove that inter-regios matches are only among regios of the same type... this means Zuellni will fight only another academy city and never Grendan.
quoting ya. yeah, it's quite an interesting little fact. Makes me wonder what type of city Grendan is. Who do they fight against over the selenium mines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
the japanese page on wikipedia has a bit of information...

the current episodes should cover volume 5, so maybe it will manage to cover up to volume 11...

i don't think that they made an anime ending for it, at best, a season ending...so we probably should expect a second season if this goes well(especially considering the success of the light novels in japan...)
If it goes up to vol 11, (and the most current novel is 12) I really can't see why they'll make a second season. How often is a new novel published? Once a month, two months? (anyone knows?) We might have to wait a long time for 2nd season. *fingers crossed*

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-05-03, 02:16   Link #188
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
quoting ya. yeah, it's quite an interesting little fact. Makes me wonder what type of city Grendan is. Who do they fight against over the selenium mines?

If it goes up to vol 11, (and the most current novel is 12) I really can't see why they'll make a second season. How often is a new novel published? Once a month, two months? (anyone knows?) We might have to wait a long time for 2nd season. *fingers crossed*
Well I kinda have that feeling that they might do an alternative anime ending which would be more like the OP scene..... both HB and Layfon &co. fighting 1very big monster (maybe the boss :P) together... time will show but well with the novel its kinda 1per month....

besides currently we have ep17 and it went lets say that ended vol5 so I dont see reaching it volume 11 in only 7episodes..... I would say that it would reach volume 7 at most (maybe vol8).... so there would be still 4volumes (12 is current number) and in middle may volume 13 will come out...... so it would be 5volumes and at the end summer it would be the same amount of volumes they used on makeing 24anime episodes ^^

but we have to wait and see...
Old 2009-05-03, 02:30   Link #189
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
My bet is on novel vol 7.

Old 2009-05-03, 03:41   Link #190
black_cat1

Quote:
Grendan is military city, maybe.
Old 2009-05-03, 08:15   Link #191
ipernorris

Regarding the big FM in the opening... is Layfon still using his crappy dite or the psyharden one?
Old 2009-05-03, 13:10   Link #192
satomianzaki

Quote:
hi zibi...could you please clarify about what you said? the queen kidnapped leerin and nina??? or was it leerin only? thanks...
Old 2009-05-03, 13:24   Link #193
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
hi zibi...could you please clarify about what you said? the queen kidnapped leerin and nina??? or was it leerin only? thanks...
many people say that she kidnapped both Leerin and Nina.... that's why Layfon runs after the queen since she stoled both important persons to Layfon (but I goes he would run for Leerin first since nina can fight so she can do by herself stuff while leerin has no combat powers [at least not shown...] )

Well Leerin has a special power and Nina has power granted by the goat.... so stealing both is like 2in1 gaining huge power....

Anyway I hope that Layfon will regain both ^^ since queen is too bitchy she acts like what she wants she will get it (she is doing what she wants becouse she has power....) I would be glad if Leerin said bad words towards her for her acting and what she did (like forcefully separeting with the person she loves.....)

The queen kinda has no right to treat Leerin like her personal toy.... hoep that Layfon will seriously get her back and run away from the queen.... since for her own purpsoes she brings pain and sadness to both Layfon and Leerin (Leerin has her own dreams and desires and the queen kinda has no right to interfere with them becouse she wants to.......)

I would be glad to see a summary from vol12 >__<
Old 2009-05-03, 13:54   Link #194
ipernorris

Too bad the Queen can do whatever she likes since HB receiver are nothing more than bugs to her. If Layfon steals back Nina and Leerin it will be useless: Queen-chan goes to Zuellni and takes them back again... and I'm sure they will give them to her, because otherwise Zuellni will be no more!
There is only one way for Layfon to make the Queen renounce to Leerin: beating her. Well good luck Layfon, you need it for real!
Old 2009-05-03, 16:21   Link #195
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I think not even Grendan risks to break the ancient rule that only Cities of the same type can fight with each other.
Perhaps sabotage, Electronic Fairy stealing, assassinations and other "subtle things" are not exactly war, so it's allowed.
Question: Nina still has the Haikizokou at vol 12?
Old 2009-05-03, 19:40   Link #196
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Haha, I do know, but there is no other way to explain that, since I correctly remember the term itself in the novel is quite similar to "Lineage" of some sort.
Perhaps 'successor' or 'inheritor' of a particular form might be what you're looking for?
Old 2009-05-03, 23:10   Link #197
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
Spoiler for scene:
Old 2009-05-04, 05:27   Link #198
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Spoiler for scene:
Spoiler for response to spoiler:

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-05-04, 10:11   Link #199
ipernorris

Can you guys stop using spoiler tags here? It's a wild speculation thread...
Anyway I think the main reason the Queen wants Nina is because of the Haikizoku.
Old 2009-05-04, 10:35   Link #200
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Can you guys stop using spoiler tags here? It's a wild speculation thread...
Anyway I think the main reason the Queen wants Nina is because of the Haikizoku.
No I recommand still using spoiler tags, because there are people including myself that scroll over all reguler comments until we see a spoiler tag lol.
Closed Thread