AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-16, 13:35   Link #1021
Alchemist007
*Author

I wouldn't say reincarnation. It's just absorption, and the fact they weren't in the capsules like the fat buu, piccolo, etc. was either a plot hole or after a while they get digested D:
Old 2009-09-23, 04:51   Link #1022
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 24: I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. Was some nice new bits of animation for the Vegeta vs Zarbon fight, especially after Zarbon transformed. Such an ugly beast, but wow that power. Vegeta truly does get it handled to him in this fight.

I forgot it was this episode when we see Kaoi-sama's over the top reaction to Freeza being on Namek.
Old 2009-09-24, 17:26   Link #1023
ChainLegacy
廉頗

It feels new again, watching one episode a week. Very reminiscent of that childhood excitement that originally got me into anime.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 19:45   Link #1024
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Episode 24:

Great episode. I actually felt nostalgic watching Vegeta tout his new founded strength with Zarbon's original form. The fight felt new, it felt like I was watching it for the first time. Good fight, I can't wait for Vegeta to recover and man-handle Zarbon this time around.

One more thing, I almost forgot how evil Vegeta was during this arc, watching him kill all those Namekians without remorse reminded me again. I just realized how much he's really going to change.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 03:30   Link #1025
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I just realized how much he's really going to change.
He will still go back and forth from cool antagonist to cardboard ally throughout the series. That is after all why I consider him the most interesting character. He has so many mood swings! Picolo had some too but he never reverted and the rest were not canon to beggin with.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 04:11   Link #1026
Michsi

I think his change seems so drastic because it was never supposed to happen in the first place. Toriyama himself stated that he decided to keep him in the story because he proved to be popular with the fandom, otherwise I don't think he would've been brought back after his death on Namek. Out of all Goku's ex-enemies he was the most ruthless, the only one that was a true cold blooded killer, even Piccolo didn't seemed like the type that would've gone on a killing spree to attain his goal (unlike his father) and all the others were never really bad guys to begin with.
Michsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 09:52   Link #1027
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michsi View Post
Out of all Goku's ex-enemies he was the most ruthless, the only one that was a true cold blooded killer
To be fair, and as stated in the abridged version, Vegeta didn't kill anyone on Earth (except Nappa) for close to a decade. In other words, Goku's killed more people than Vegeta (on earth).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 14:02   Link #1028
Vicious108

Vegeta in Namek is at his most awesome IMO. He will side with the good guys if need be, in order to attain his goals, while still being capable of commiting evil acts like he did with that Namek village.

Though Majin Vegeta comes close too.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 02:27   Link #1029
Michsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To be fair, and as stated in the abridged version, Vegeta didn't kill anyone on Earth (except Nappa) for close to a decade. In other words, Goku's killed more people than Vegeta (on earth).
I'm pretty sure that the massacre he did on namek proved that he could've done the same thing on earth had he had the chance to. I also don't see a lot of character change in him during the three year training period before the androids and I think the only reason he "behaved" was because he was either to busy training or because Goku and the others were around. I admit he did mellow down considerably after cell and even said at some point that he came to love the earth but of course then the majin thing happened and, well, you know the rest.
Old 2009-09-26, 09:34   Link #1030
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Toriyama himself stated that he decided to keep him in the story because he proved to be popular with the fandom, otherwise I don't think he would've been brought back after his death on Namek.
As if there was someone who remained dead in this series.
Quote:
I admit he did mellow down considerably after cell and even said at some point that he came to love the earth but of course then the majin thing happened and, well, you know the rest.
Well, if there wasn't a strongest opponent appearing all the time he probably wouldn't mellow down as he would still think he was the strongest. But then again somehow Bulma managed to get to Vejita, so WTF?
Old 2009-09-26, 09:36   Link #1031
roriconfan
Banned

(double post)
Old 2009-10-02, 11:39   Link #1032
Vicious108

Just watched episodes 23 and 24. Zarbon's beatdown on Vegeta was even more brutal than I'd remembered. Though it was kinda dumb of him to just leave him there to drown, instead of checking up on him and taking him to Frieza.

And now that I've heard it properly, I gotta say Aya Hirano's Dende is one of the most distinct voices she's done so far in her career. I'm impressed.

And the cliffhanger for 23 was pretty hilarious... the world is in trouble, so let Kuririn remind us that he's never been with a woman in his life. Haha, such an important revelation.
Old 2009-10-02, 13:12   Link #1033
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Though it was kinda dumb of him to just leave him there to drown, instead of checking up on him and taking him to Frieza.
The Evil Overlord list was not written back then. And these kinds of villains trust the readings of a gizmo more that actual facts so what did you expect.

"Ok, the scouter shows no indication. He is dead. No reason to check."
Old 2009-10-02, 13:47   Link #1034
Vicious108

Except Zarbon's scouter had long since exploded by then. He didn't trust the readings of anything, but simply his own dumb intuition.

But meh, it is indeed a typical villain thing to do.
Old 2009-10-02, 15:14   Link #1035
roriconfan
Banned

Yes, the good guys were much smarter than the villains. They were not leaving their enemies for dead. They were leaving them alive... so they can fight again in the future.
Old 2009-10-02, 15:21   Link #1036
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Yes, the good guys were much smarter than the villains. They were not leaving their enemies for dead. They were leaving them alive... so they can fight again in the future.
Saiyan blood. It runs thick and floods the brain apparently.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 19:53   Link #1037
Vicious108

Quote:
Or so they can join the good guys in the fight against even stronger villains later on.
Old 2009-10-03, 17:24   Link #1038
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Or so they can join the good guys in the fight against even stronger villains later on.
Yes, because they were prophets too and knew that even stronger guys will appear later and their nemesis will definately aid them.

Anyway, villains joining heroes is a fail of a plot as it turns them to boring stunts almost every time. And let's face it, DB was always about two characters at the most at any time. All the others were divided between them and had no real personality.
Old 2009-10-04, 02:31   Link #1039
Michsi

Quote:
Yes, because they were prophets too and knew that even stronger guys will appear later and their nemesis will definately aid them.

Anyway, villains joining heroes is a fail of a plot as it turns them to boring stunts almost every time. And let's face it, DB was always about two characters at the most at any time. All the others were divided between them and had no real personality.
I have only onething to say to that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhWHm1nE-NY
watch it from 1:07 although the entire thing is funny.
Old 2009-10-04, 02:40   Link #1040
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by michsi View Post
i have only onething to say to that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhwhm1ne-ny
watch it from 1:07 although the entire thing is funny.
sadly true