Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-22, 21:19   Link #781
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
The bright side of Rea dying is that her ovaries are rendered infertile, so even if she comes back to life her father will never get the chance to mix genes with her.
In the first place, if a miracle did happen and she did come back to life, then why not become fertile again? I mean, really, why grant the possibility of the one but preclude the possibility of the other? That makes no sense. If you accept that it is possible for Rea to be dead, but walking, talking, blushing, and even eating, why not believe that it would be possible to somehow turn her back into an ordinary girl in every respect.

Besides, one way or the other, it doesn't mean that Sanka-dad won't try to go through with the act itself, anyway, zombie or not.

Quote:
Rea is a princess taking directly from a fairty tales book, harming other people is alien to her nature, I am sure when she was waving the park bench at her dads goons she made sure she would NOT hit them, I am sure her shackes were never undone and the whole time she was exerting strengt until they broke in pieces.
Rea doesn't seem to be the goody-two-shoes you imagine her to be. Not only did Rea kick one of the goons in the face during that scene, but she also obviously laid them all out with the bench.

I have to disagree with you about the shackles never being undone. When we first see her in shackles, her hands are shackled behind her back. It would have been impossible for them to hang her up in that fashion without breaking her arms [off]. Try putting your hands in handcuffs behind your back, and then try to raise your hands up above your head. Plus, they would certainly have had to unshackle her hands to get that maid uniform on her. And how did they manage to shackle her in the first place? Did she just politely wait, like the princess she is, while they bound her up? She certainly has the strength to overpower them, so why didn't she? Oh, right, we needed our weekly dose of Rea fanservice.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 21:46   Link #782
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
In the first place, if a miracle did happen and she did come back to life, then why not become fertile again? I mean, really, why grant the possibility of the one but preclude the possibility of the other? That makes no sense. If you accept that it is possible for Rea to be dead, but walking, talking, blushing, and even eating, why not believe that it would be possible to somehow turn her back into an ordinary girl in every respect.
Earlier in this thread I have debated about the posibility that Rea is no longer breathing because at the cellular level she no longer needs the volumes of oxigen normal living tissue, cancer cells have such a mechanism. But the toxin that deactivate her nervous system would no doubt contaminate (and kill) all of her ovaries, which are v-e-r-y, delicate, menopause in women is a stage where the decline in health renders the ovaries useless for reproduction.

Quote:
Besides, one way or the other, it doesn't mean that Sanka-dad won't try to go through with the act itself, anyway, zombie or not.
I have no doubt that with her undead strength her p*ss* will make his prick into a bloody pulp >_<

Quote:
Rea doesn't seem to be the goody-two-shoes you imagine her to be. Not only did Rea kick one of the goons in the face during that scene, but she also obviously laid them all out with the bench.
The kick was a result of her chaotic attemtp to break free, it was not her intent to harm anyone. If you see the bench scene you will see that there was no chance at all of her hitting them (when anyone with a bith of evil would have at least broken some of their bones even without the bench).

Quote:
I have to disagree with you about the shackles never being undone. When we first see her in shackles, her hands are shackled behind her back. It would have been impossible for them to hang her up in that fashion without breaking her arms [off]. Try putting your hands in handcuffs behind your back, and then try to raise your hands up above your head.
The answer is quite easy, she lowered her hands and placed one leg behind her arms and then the other one and she did it because they asked her.

- Put yout arms in front of you to open the shackles
- Ok
- Thanks *put the shackles above her head into the hook" now we will proceed with the fanservice
- You, you, you deceived me *gasp*
- *shuckles* lets start with the maid uniform.

Quote:
Plus, they would certainly have had to unshackle her hands to get that maid uniform on her. And how did they manage to shackle her in the first place? Did she just politely wait, like the princess she is, while they bound her up? She certainly has the strength to overpower them, so why didn't she? Oh, right, we needed our weekly dose of Rea fanservice.
We needed the fanservice, but Rea is so innocent as to go thru this, specially because even in her worst nightmares she never thought her father would harm Furuya since she has never seen him harm another human being, so she was worried but her sense of hurry wasn't as desperate as the situation required.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 22:38   Link #783
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Spoiler for Rea Neko-Chan:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 22:42   Link #784
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Earlier in this thread I have debated about the posibility that Rea is no longer breathing because at the cellular level she no longer needs the volumes of oxigen normal living tissue, cancer cells have such a mechanism. But the toxin that deactivate her nervous system would no doubt contaminate (and kill) all of her ovaries, which are v-e-r-y, delicate, menopause in women is a stage where the decline in health renders the ovaries useless for reproduction.
You seem to be avoiding the issue completely. You know, we are talking about fiction here, and not my view or your view of what is possible and what is not, but the mangaka's version of what is and is not possible. And the mangaka's version of a zombie. The mangaka brought Rea "back from the dead" as a zombie (something that doesn't exist in reality), so why couldn't the mangaka also turn Rea back into a completely normal girl? Perfectly functioning ovaries included? I don't see that as any more far-fetched as her corpse walking, talking, blushing, and eating.

Quote:
I have no doubt that with her undead strength her p*ss* will make his prick into a bloody pulp >_<
That undead strength that couldn't overwhelm her captors while they were binding her arms and legs?

Quote:
The kick was a result of her chaotic attemtp to break free, it was not her intent to harm anyone. If you see the bench scene you will see that there was no chance at all of her hitting them (when anyone with a bith of evil would have at least broken some of their bones even without the bench).
So how did they end up flat out on the ground and in pain? No one else raised a hand to stop them. We did not actually get to see everything that happened while she was wielding that bench. We see the bench being ripped from it's moorings, then the anime cuts to scenes of cat-boy running around, and when it cuts back, about four seconds later, the three goons are flat out on the ground.

Quote:
The answer is quite easy, she lowered her hands and placed one leg behind her arms and then the other one and she did it because they asked her.

- Put yout arms in front of you to open the shackles
- Ok
- Thanks *put the shackles above her head into the hook" now we will proceed with the fanservice
- You, you, you deceived me *gasp*
- *shuckles* lets start with the maid uniform.
Ah, but her feet were bound together, as well. But that doesn't matter, anyway. Have you ever had your hands bound together behind your back, like with handcuffs? Do you really think you could put your legs through your arms bound behind your back, even one at a time? If you can do it, please video tape it and put it up on youtube so we can all marvel at your incredibly flexible body.

Quote:
We needed the fanservice, but Rea is so innocent as to go thru this, specially because even in her worst nightmares she never thought her father would harm Furuya since she has never seen him harm another human being, so she was worried but her sense of hurry wasn't as desperate as the situation required.
Yup, the operative word here is definitely fanservice. But she knew her dad had previously wanted to castrate him, and she was frantic about that at the time, so she already knew that he had the intent to harm cat-boy.

Maybe I just didn't like the fanservice in that scene because I'm not into S&M and bondage. Unlike lots of men, I get no sexual thrills out of seeing women bound and hanging on a peg. To me, it's more disturbing than anything else. A cute girl in a nurse's uniform next to me on my sickbed, on the other hand...
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 09:55   Link #785
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 11

YOU CRAZY MAIDS, I WANTED TO SEE KUNOICHI REA, WHY DIDN'T YOU DRESS HER UP AS THAT FIRST?!?!??

Whatev's. Oh Aria-sama, I have a nice ninja outfit that would look fabulous on you~

Oh right. Dano is going to America, and he's reading a German report. I think you should go to Deutschland first to get a better idea of it, ja?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
lol I really enjoyed that scene.
MY FAVORITE SCENE
Spoiler for slightly NSFw:

look at that butt, and those THIGH'S oh I can just imagine my head in-between those thighs

By the way, I don't think she's wearing pantsu what a great outfit, no bra, definitely no pantsu, and... don't tell me she is wearing pantsu! I want to imagine her wearing those hot pants without any pantsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Spoiler for Rea Neko-Chan:
Hey you, first your avatar changed, now you're posting a pic of another girl, give me back my Naoe-chan!!

Ahem, neko Rea but, where is that tail coming out of? It's not her butt.... it's too high.... ah, this is the love child between Rea and Babu *mangatron runs from the Rea fans*
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 11:07   Link #786
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

You know what would be awesome? Rea turning into a warrior zombie and beat the shit out of bad guys while being moe. I'd pay to see that. "Zombie Fighter Rea-chan!"
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 21:21   Link #787
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Bunny of the Dead now that would make a great zombie movie
Old 2012-06-24, 04:12   Link #788
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I didn't think I could hate Wanko more than I already did. This episode proved me wrong. While I'm sure she turns on a lot of people here or elsewhere, she acts as a huge cockblocker for me. And with what I know of her from the manga, I seriously doubt there is a way I can open up to her. Maybe if she openly declared defeat towards Rea in their ongoing war to win over Chihiro (even though he already said multiple times he wants the hot undead girl that stays with him) I might grow to like her a bit more, but for now, the less I see of her, the better.

Oh well, at least Chihiro telling Rea's dad off was nice, as was the revelation that Rea can transmit some of her power to him by licking his wounds. I have some reservations regarding the question as to why she didn't simply break free fro her shackles and let her maids manhandle her, but seeing her in a bunny girl outfit and s a nurse was pretty nice, and made me realize that Chihiro is one hell of a lucky fellow.

Question now is, is there a cure for Rea's condition, and how far could it cure her? Could she become a normal, living girl again, or is she doomed to stay a zombie forever, but in an everlasting body?
Old 2012-06-24, 06:02   Link #789
vuori
The red fish is wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Did we ever figure out what those three dots in vertical formation on dad's forehead mean?
I've been wondering about this too. Since religion is central to this show (Mero copying the Heart Sutra at her desk pretty much underlines its underlying philosophical point), my best guess so far has been that it's an allusion to the Brahmin caste mark/tilaka. Danichirō has after all "attained highest knowledge" in various pursuits and his position is effectively that of a king. His project also implies a belief in the Hindu concept of ātman, the existence of an essential and eternal "self" that can be brought back to life, considered a fallacy in Buddhism. (Jokes at the expense of religions aren't uncommon otherwise either; it is quite logical for the children of a Jōdō Shinshū temple household to be obsessed with life after death.)

But then it might be some obscure point of Buddhist iconography too.

Another interesting question is why does Rea hold up her hand while sinking into the ground in the opening.
vuori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 08:13   Link #790
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

"I'm... fine with my condition."

While Rea's father is a certifiable psycho, it seems he still does abide by his own twisted logic and warped sense of honor. When Chihiro headbutted him, he lost for setting a "land one hit on me to win" condition, but he did not appeal the outcome any further once Rea herself stepped in.

Superbly adapted episode. Everything happened as it should. They even left in Chihiro's "duui." line. Now that's faithfulness to the source for this episode.
Old 2012-06-26, 14:43   Link #791
Solafighter
Hige

Thanks to this episode - found a new signature.
Old 2012-06-27, 02:25   Link #792
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Thanks to this episode - found a new signature.
Oh, it's mickey mouse! *mangatron runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I have some reservations regarding the question as to why she didn't simply break free fro her shackles and let her maids manhandle her, but seeing her in a bunny girl outfit and s a nurse was pretty nice, and made me realize that Chihiro is one hell of a lucky fellow.
I'd like to think that she really can't break them in one go, there is the part where her arm might rip off

I STILL WANT TO SEE KUNOICHI REA
Old 2012-06-27, 02:37   Link #793
EroKing

Rea didn't get much screen-time mostly during the 2nd half of the series, that alone is a good enough reason to make a second season
I liked the doses of Wanko though, not too much and too little - just right
Old 2012-06-27, 12:08   Link #794
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
I liked the doses of Wanko though, not too much and too little - just right
I'd rather have her not appear at all. The little time she got in last ep was already enough to ruin the atmosphere, not to mention my mood. Plus, did she really have to barge in and declare war to Rea, making things even more complicated for the poor girl?
Old 2012-06-27, 17:18   Link #795
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Rea in that bunny suit was highly appreciated
Good to see Rea's psychotic dad finally gave in... but he didn't have any chance left, after all.

So Rea's dad apparently going to Germany, trying to find a cure, judging from him reading a "German" text - or better, a text that was a badly mangled Babelfish translation and only had remote similarities with German. The text had me rofl XD
Guess they thought, when they scroll it through quickly, no one would notice...
Anyway, if someone wants an epic laugh, I got complete screenshots on my page:
http://pantsudaisuki.wordpress.com/2...-11/#more-4708
(note: page background is nsfw )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I was sincerely hoping it would turn out that Danichiro is actually a terrible fencer because everyone always lets him win.
I think that's still highly likely. We didn't see him do any fencing here, after all. Besides, he never had the chance to properly train, as anyone is always letting him win, no matter what he does. He can't find and fix his mistakes and become better without anyone pointing them out, but with anyone letting him win, that never happened. Then he got more and more frustrated at winning all the time without any effort, which was very demotivational on top of that. So, very likely, he's indeed a very poor fencer.
Old 2012-06-27, 20:03   Link #796
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Now that creepy dad is gone, (Sanka)Rea instantly became uninteresting again. At least the maid squad is left behind to dress her up, since the writers refuse to do anything with Wanko and Mero
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 20:06   Link #797
mangatron

^-- lol maid armies are always fun but you don't like that Dano left? I'm more concerned about Aria! He left the poor woman alone, ah will she show up again? Will Dano "accidentally" get into a plane accident, enabling me to frisk away Aria-sama?

Quote:
I'd rather have her not appear at all. The little time she got in last ep was already enough to ruin the atmosphere, not to mention my mood. Plus, did she really have to barge in and declare war to Rea, making things even more complicated for the poor girl?

Rea is not a poor girl, she is a zombie. A Zombie. She is a zombie. I know I said that three times, but she is a zombie. Wait, I won't say it again, but I needed to make a point. Wanko is crucial to the story as the normal girl Rea is not. Wanko loves Chihiro, and she can sure make babies with him, and her openness and glomping and what not is very much what Rea cannot do.

Do you think Chihiro can show Rea how to be a normal girl? The guy can't even detect love beams, so Wanko's involvement is crucial to the story in that it would give Rea some pointers on how to be a normal girl, and very much push Chihiro into what decisions he should make regarding Rea's condition, since for a while now Rea has been very aware that she's a zombie, unable to do a lot of things, and really, if there wasn't a normal girl around Chihiro, how else would he and Rea see the differences?

No, I'm not biased because I like Wanko's big ones, but I cannot see this series with just Rea and Chihiro, else it would be full an MMA fighter Rea and indecisive Chihiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Rea in that bunny suit was highly appreciated
Good to see Rea's psychotic dad finally gave in... but he didn't have any chance left, after all.

So Rea's dad apparently going to Germany, trying to find a cure, judging from him reading a "German" text - or better, a text that was a badly mangled Babelfish translation and only had remote similarities with German. The text had me rofl XD
Guess they thought, when they scroll it through quickly, no one would notice...
Anyway, if someone wants an epic laugh, I got complete screenshots on my page:
http://pantsudaisuki.wordpress.com/2...-11/#more-4708
(note: page background is nsfw )
lol I was waiting for your input on that. I didn't even have to read the whole thing on his tablet and it still made me LOL
Old 2012-06-27, 20:11   Link #798
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
^-- lol maid armies are always fun
Good looking maid armies are fun

Quote:
but you don't like that Dano left? I'm more concerned about Aria! He left the poor woman alone, ah will she show up again? Will Dano "accidentally" get into a plane accident, enabling me to frisk away Aria-sama?
That's better for Aria, now she can invite all the patrons from the host clubs she frequented home for a grand party
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 02:53   Link #799
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:

Rea is not a poor girl, she is a zombie. A Zombie. She is a zombie. I know I said that three times, but she is a zombie.
Doesn't mean she's not a poor girl. Years of abuse took their toll on her, and I find it saddening that she had to die to be able to break away from it all find a glimpse of peace in her life. And while becoming a zombie has become somewhat of a blessing to her, it's not the end of all her other problems.

Quote:
Wait, I won't say it again, but I needed to make a point. Wanko is crucial to the story as the normal girl Rea is not. Wanko loves Chihiro, and she can sure make babies with him, and her openness and glomping and what not is very much what Rea cannot do.
As far we know, Rea can't make babies anymore. However, maybe Chihiro eventually find a cure that will restore either some, or all of Rea's original bodily functions. Heck, maybe the zombification process can be reversed. Also, while our current knowledge of zombies tells us that they probably can't reproduce, I don't see why a (somewhat) different type of zombie behaves the same way. At the very least, one can hope, right? Plus, wasn't there a show in which zombie did give birth? I seem to have heard some people mention it to me a while ago, though I can't remember where or what the show was called if so..

[snipped for spoiler]

Last edited by monir; 2012-06-28 at 10:53.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 03:54   Link #800
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Good looking maid armies are fun
Okay, time to correct myself: "Good looking Ponytail Maid Armies" are fun

Quote:
That's better for Aria, now she can invite all the patrons from the host clubs she frequented home for a grand party
OH NO YOU SILLY inserting NTR into my fantasies nOOOoOooOOoooOOOooooo

Quote:
Doesn't mean she's not a poor girl. Years of abuse took their toll on her, and I find it saddening that she had to die to be able to break away from it all find a glimpse of peace in her life. And while becoming a zombie has become somewhat of a blessing to her, it's not the end of all her other problems.
Aha, poor girl as in what happened with that Dano fellow. I'd like to think that her meeting Chihiro was the start of her new life, not when she became a zombie. So I consider her a rather lucky girl, to some degree anyways, there's never anything lucky about dying

Quote:
And Wanko may love Chihiro, but he definitely doesn't love her. He loves Rea and it's clear that she likes him as well. However, Rea is still unsure about her true feelings, and that is why Wanko seems to have the upper hand.
Yeah he doesn't love her, he didn't see it back when he was a kid too. But the point I'm trying to make here is that Wanko's childhood with Chihiro helped the both of them, as Wanko went from apprehensive of him to fully enjoying watching Zombie movies with him (which he also seemed to enjoy finally having a viewing buddy). The next stage for Chihiro is actually living with a zombie, as it seems he's graduated from watching zombie movies as I don't remember the last time he watched one (when making the potion?) Which is Rea's turn now, and not about Wanko having the upper hand, but Rea finally being Chihiro's ideal girl, and now it's their turn for the both of them to grow in this relationship together, just like how Wanko and Chihiro grew up to be who they are now.

Quote:
Wanko will become pretty much obsolete as times goes by, when a different girl enters Chihiro's life, one that has far more insight on Rea's condition than he has (though her motivations are still a bit of a mystery, judging by the last [translated] chapter).

I can, especially if he (with or without help from others) can find a way to either preserve Rea's body for a very long time or even cure her. The anime doesn't give us much insight to Rea and Chihiro's relationship yet, but in the manga, it's gotten much further and (IMO), much more interesting. No, they're not lovers quite yet, but we have seen some crucial points that suggests that Chihiro isn't totally clueless and knows exactly what or rather, who) he wants (and not just for the obvious reasons). I hope that's not too spoilerish.
You might have noticed I've very much steered clear of mentioning the manga in this thread. The last time I looked at the TV guide, there isn't much episodes left, but I am hoping there's more, as I like that particular girl very very much and hope to discuss that when the bridge... crosses the water...er...

Quote:
I'll make one thing clear, I'm sure Wanko could be a very nice character, she's just pushing all the wrong buttons for me, and I cannot see for the life of me how she would make a suitable partner for Chihiro (other than the fact that she is still alive and Rea is not).
There was one thing I wanted to tell you: You don't like Wanko because you like Rea. Can you envision liking Rea if Wanko wasn't around to push those buttons you just don't like?

Which is kinda like me, ja. I don't can't like loli's because I like booby neesans. Because I would rather live a happy life than go to jail, see? So in a way I don't like jail and love happy life, hm? (I think my brain froze for a minute there.....)

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural, zombie moe, zombies