AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-28, 04:04   Link #1
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Hardcover Manga

I went to Barnes and Noble the other day and when I looked at the manga section I saw something I hadn't seen before, some of the mangas were hardcover! Feel free to call me a manga n00b but I didn't even know there were hardcover manga. Was the first time I have ever seen one, price was pretty good too. Bought hardcover Trigun volume 1, which is 360 pages long for $12 which I thought would be higher since I usually buy soft cover Berserk for $14. I would love to get some manga series all in hardcover, is this just a rare occurrence or would that be possible?

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Old 2004-09-28, 04:38   Link #2
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Only in America... XD

I don't recall ever seeing hardcover manga, but then again, I've only seen Chinese publications.
Old 2004-09-28, 05:03   Link #3
Archaic

Tsubasa can be bought in hardcover over here, as well as a slim number of other special releases, all oversized as well of course. It's really not that common an occurance though.
Old 2004-09-28, 05:50   Link #4
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

In Japan, it's not entirely unheard of to have special hardcover editions (honestly, I clicked this topic because I missread it as 'Hardcore Manga' but we'll forget I ever said that). For example, Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicals has a hardcover special edition in Japan for every volume (*has 1 through 3*). And Luno, by Kei Toume, was published solely in hardcover, as least as far as I saw (*has that one, too*). But yeah, as a general rule, mangas are kept softcover, black and white, and cheap. And sometimes hardcore.
Closed Thread