AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-20, 06:44   Link #20201
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
I'm here to somehow relieve myself of the pressure im facing X_X
That's a lot of pressure you'll need to relieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Taiyo: TAIYO! My name is TAIYO!!!

Foy: (reties hair) Blame it on your height for being so inconspicuous.

Gimmy: The funny thing is, how come the silent one got remembered?

Hiro: ...

Action speaks louder.
Mai: ...

Smith: When did she learn to do that one?

Quote:
You never fail to crack me up So Taiyo is the machine robo guy and Hiro is setsuna?
Basically yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
Right, first off, let me introduce you to the russian coat of arms:

Difference in details, but the same concept...
...and since belka existed in the far corners of history, does this mean the russians are decendants of belka?

There's a rather cracky idea for you: russian knights
Eagles are quite common in coat-of-arms, though yes the similarity is rather...

Russian Knights though? I prefer Cossacks

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-20, 06:48   Link #20202
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That's a lot of pressure you'll need to relieve
You don't wanna know, you don't wanna know...

Quote:

Smith: When did she learn to do that one?
Do wut?

Quote:
Basically yes

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2008-02-20, 07:14   Link #20203
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

That's going to be a tall order, considering the lot of use have sci-fi in our profiles

And there is the fact that while primarily magical, Nanoha is also inescapably sci-fi. Heck, Nanoha once wielded a high-mega launcher-like weapon that looked like something straight out of Gundam or Eva in the manga. And of course, what would you call the cyborgs and mecha?

Besides, it's still a magical weapon as far as I can see, just with a far more technical explanation than your usual magical weapon.

Also, I'm not sure about your gripes when you have Tais, Yui and the Eva system that's essentially sci-fi in presentation.
I think that Guilty Gear universe is one of those that managed to balance and blend science-fiction and fantasy very well.

An older example would be Hawkmoon's world by Michael Moorcock with its fantasy, low sci-fi tech that kicked ass whenyou find out that;

Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-20, 07:16   Link #20204
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
ATC... who are you trying to fool? This isn't a magical weapon at all. Its an thinly disguised ion/electric cannon (i think) with an exotic power source (mana) that requires a mage to use with an insanely long range. I don't know about the rest but this is a personal request from me. When you design stuff, could you consider throwing away all the sci-fi stuff out of the window?
The point is not to fool anyone. His point is to try and get around the TSAB. And he could just have written a hand-waver about "technical advances in magic" allowing magic to shoot to 20km.

In fact, there is no firm canon evidence of his Limitation 1 and 3 in canon at all, and even 2 is merely an observation. If he renamed it a "High Velocity" Magic rifle to solve for 2 only, what would you do?

In fact, the biggest problem here is not so much the shot as the fire control. A Scope is OK to 2000m, but 20000. This brings in complex considerations more typical of artillery fire control, but stricter because he wants to use it as a non-homing sniper rifle, not just get shells into the right grid square.

He might not just need the local environmental conditions (which can be obtained with relative ease), but also the conditions throughout the flight path to the target to input into the computer to ensure precision. So before he does any shoot, presumably he has to send out a magic reconaissance round to scan out the whole route. Which will take minutes and may or may not alert the target.

For that matter, at 20000m, the thing might as well be placed onto a tripod and be allowed to swing itself into position. Especially since the thing supposedly produces an injuring shockwave upon firing...

Further, at max range, flight time is still 10 seconds, which is plenty of time for a target's movement to dodge the shot. And the whole system will still be defeated by spaced shielding (the round might overwhelm one shield, but ultimately it is limited in power and thus blocked) if the target is warned, which becomes a lot more likely thanks to his magic recce round requirement.

If he just wants 20km class engagement capabilities, and the thread allows such a thing, may I suggest using homing weapons instead?
Old 2008-02-20, 07:46   Link #20205
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:

And so begins The Education of Widuri in the... important aspects of human interaction

With a most able teacher in Hayate, nothing can go wrong

*runs*

I do hope Hayate won't do THIS and THAT along her "classes" .

*runs*

=================

Quote:
When civilians are in trouble, they call the TSAB. But when the TSAB is in trouble, they call...

CLERIC-KNIGHTS

Spoiler for too much texts:
Spoiler for too much texts:

PS: Oh shoot me for making this character shrine. :P This post made me go @_@ at the sheer complexity. I did something like that before, but to rebuild it was really >_<.
Don't know what to say here @__@ but like Lowe, the concept is rather unusual, if not refreshing.

So will we see the chairman repeating "We are the Cellestial Beings" on the radio?

============

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Noooooo~!
It's over! ;_;

Thank you for this great story!
"DVD" release? Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Ohoh... Hayate is at it again!
Her reign of terror shall never end.

===========

Quote:
Russian Knights though? I prefer Cossacks
Old 2008-02-20, 08:06   Link #20206
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
And Tears of the Northern Wind ends on a very good note with a touching reuinion and a mock battle, good end

Though I'd like to see what Hayate got out of that Lolita shop, and DVD Special please

*runs*
DVD specials=good stuff.

Quote:
And All Positions!

*Runs Faster*

Quote:

See how for the past year I haven't changed my Avi to anything but Exia? That's how much I like the thing
Well, it IS a more unique machine than most we've seen lately. *rolls eyes at GN Fang*

Quote:
Glad to have been of service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
He's what tripled? Quadrapled my overall word count now.... ORZ....
He's always been a rather wordy person. You notice his writings tend to be really descriptive. And when you try to describe so many things in detail, the word count tends to go up really fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Talk about some sucky hours. So you'd be working from around Midnight then through the night.
Yeah no fun at all. Its throwing off my internal clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Nope. I'm a Sabahan living in Sabah.
My bad. Thought you're from Sarawak. Hmm...that would mean you live in the same state as Goose.

Quote:
Dunno. Why don't we go and ask him?
He'll give us some crack-induced response.

Quote:
The end of all? Or the beginning of a new chapter? You decide.

TEARS OF THE NORTHERN WIND
EPILOGUE

Spoiler for part 1:

Well, this is it. Now that Tears of Northern Wind has come to its end, I can now begin my OC rebuilding starting with some of the key characters for the upcoming stories (I'll use Kha's character rebuilding setup as basis).

And fret not, for there is always the DVD Special following. Guaranteed to contain less censorship and more fanservice.

*runs*
Eep! Haven't finish reading the previous chapter. *adds to reading list*

Quote:
Oh of course not! We gotta think of the children! It'll just be... rather intriguing, inneudo-ish but perfectl SFW. I've done that before in a CCS fic, and now I'm applying it, polished and improved, to the Nanohaverse.
Children? Where?

Quote:
So do I! Seriously, the guy deserves it!

<--- first hand experience.

Hmm...he does?

Quote:
He's still the same grown up Nagi dai Artai.

Btw, there's been another change last night. I gave Kha and Fate more time to develop their ship, therefore making the previous mini-series before Nanoha/Cente Gravia more like real harem anime.

That means, it's all free game, even Nanoha and Keroko included, until they turn 16 and Nanoha/Cente Gravia goes into full swing.
Sounds delicious.

Quote:
Bad Latin.

Kha all the way, even into StrikerS, and because of Teana, a lot more open too. :3
Because of Teana? Naze da?

Quote:
In case no one did, this was the secret clause I prepared:
Spoiler for Spoiler! Spoiler!:
Even though Ko-Archer appears, I guess she isn't Kha's imouto, ne?
See, USB? Told you it be crack-induced. Sette as Archer-ko does not compute for me honestly.

Quote:
Hey have some faith. It's only crack at the character level. My plots, apart from inneudoes, have always been very original...
Quite bizarre and ironic.

Quote:
Aaron is swimming in a river in Egypt.
I still don't understand that term of expression.

Quote:
Taiyo: Ano... What did that last bit mean?

<--- Can't speak his mother tongue.
Ureshii=happy

Quote:
Karin: Wang Liu Mei and... Who's that?
"Wang":
Long lost cousin?

Quote:
Fate... A-Cup...
Are you sure? StrikerS suggest otherwise.... *runs*

Quote:
Spoiler for more crack -_-':
I see, so you want to do this and that to Sophia, which means you wish to do the same to...never mind.

Quote:
We shall be waiting

*runs*
And we'll be holding our breath! *face turns blue*

Quote:
Oh my head...
I went "argh my brain!" when I read that.

Quote:
It mean's she's glad

*watches Emili and Naomi*

... suteki...

Actually it means she's happy. suteki=lovely (in most context, and we all know Japanese is all about context)

Quote:
Gwen... Emili... Naomi... In a room.

Very very dangerous.
Nonsense. Its just a prelude to lots of sweat. And I mean LOTS of it. *runs*

Quote:
Yes... By progressing through Fate Stay Night at unlimited amounts of times within a sec, uncovering more and more of the hidden pictures, the sheer dere-Saka moegaton yields will blow your mind, rendering you completely devoid of fighting will! Your innate desires will consume you! And then you shall DIE as despair sets in! HAHAHAHAHA...!
Kha is losing himself to the corruption of the Grail.

Quote:
~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

I made some changes to Caro's problematic Limiter Break using what I dreamed of originally, and from the suggestions made. Here's the sample:
Spoiler for Limiter Break:
Is this better?
Much better.

Quote:
More of 'Honest Heart' Mayura Labatt's profile, this time with the 4th update in her profile:

Spells and Abilities

Spoiler for length:
Whoa...talk about explosive set of skills.

Quote:
Yes, very... DANGEROUS indeed

*runs*

Quote:
*USB runs into Mai's waiting chainsaw*

Mai: ... yon.
Yon???

Quote:

Spoiler for DVD Special teaser:

Well, yeah. That's what Hayate bought at the Lolita Shop.

Now I need to find the suitable Widuri in Goth Lolita dress picture. also, Goth Lolita Frieda is fine, too.

*runs*

EDIT:
page claim!
Approved!

Quote:

And so begins The Education of Widuri in the... important aspects of human interaction

With a most able teacher in Hayate, nothing can go wrong

*runs*
Don't you mean everything can go wrong?

Quote:
When civilians are in trouble, they call the TSAB. But when the TSAB is in trouble, they call...

CLERIC-KNIGHTS

The best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be.
Go anywhere, kill anything.
They are most comfortable knee deep in Hell while kicking ass big time.
They answer to no one and no one, except the Light itself.

~~~~~~

The Cleric-Knight is not your Ace Enforcer. He is not meant for petty arrests and investigations.
He is the relentless weapon of the Light that never hesitates, never regrets.
His sole aim is the purification of the infected and the extermination of great evils.
He is the crusader, the Judge, the executioner rolled into one.
Light help you if they ever come for you.

~~~~~~

Daemons, Heretics, Evil. Your time is over.

CLERIC-KNIGHTS

The buck stops here.

~~~~~~

Authorized by the Regional Government of Belka.

~~~~~~

The following is an excerpt from a file detailing the nature of the Cleric-Knights in general:
Spoiler for Full Codex:
~~~~~~

Notable Members of the Cleric-Knights and Celestial Being

| | | | | |

PS: Oh shoot me for making this character shrine. :P This post made me go @_@ at the sheer complexity. I did something like that before, but to rebuild it was really >_<.
Too...much...crack... *faints*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
... Somehow Sousuke comes into mind in every way...

A Sunohara/Sousuke hybrid of a character...
A boke with lack of common sense and wackily bullheaded? Computes!

Quote:
The only thing I'm going to say to that is...

Damn you KEY.
My interest is piqued! Where be this holy manga?

Quote:
They are, but the nicknames, the fame and their 'Ala Altra' existence is solely a 'small legend in a small world'.

Quote:
Latest one, titled Nick of Time, which is implied to be the 2nd to last FMP 'serious' novel.
*sigh* Haven't been able to find any translations for the books after COMO. *sob*

Quote:
It's even more stupid considering that Nanohaverse does have a system that allows one to train while work. I mean... 9 year old Nanoha pretty much does 'regulated' training while doing school homework and field ones on more practical assestments.
Hmm...that's true. Forgot about that one.

Quote:
She doesn't EVEN need to get off her chair to improve her combat abilities. She doesn't have an I.D, yes, but if R.H can provide mental-image training as good as the real thing, I don't see how they cannot create something similar in Nanohaverse for general use.

The issue is not of taking a more active role, the issue is being constantly prepared for the future, by analyzing ones weakness, strengths, and constantly making an effort to better one's self. One never know when things can turn ugly and saying 'if the enemy can reach me, lol we might as well give up' is not the right mentality.
7arcs is to be blamed as usual.

Quote:
I prefer these. :3

Spoiler:
Doesn't look like cannon fodder to me.

Quote:
LOL USB's in Sarawak? Speaking of which, I need to go to that part of the country one day.
I was mistaken. USB's in Sabah and so is Goose. PF is from Selangor and I'm from KL.

Quote:
Give us... a teaser?
Second this.

Quote:
Chinese festivals died for me 12 years ago.

Nowadays, things like watching the moon, lanterns, actual neighbourhood lion-dance throughout neighbours, and so many subtle things about 'fun festivities' all died.

The only good thing is ang pow, and I don't even get to use it until I'm out of university.
Well the lesser festivals died for me a few years ago. Though Chinese New Year has always been something my family saw as important. Even that was kinda subdued this year...*sigh*

Quote:
... Now it's 1K pages -.-....
Welcome back.

Edit: Man I didn't expect my post to be this long. Its been awhile. Must make sure I read some of the stuff during free time at office today. *puts 3x3 Eyes reading spree on temporary hiatus*

Last edited by FieryAeon; 2008-02-20 at 08:22.
Old 2008-02-20, 08:12   Link #20207
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Hello, I'm finally back (again) after a triple disaster of three tests crammed into one week (two still pending), cleaning up assignments, and basically suffering from a severe load of university works.

Anyway, I'll do backlog where appropriate (God, it has grown so much in a week's time! ) in a simplified version.

-------

@Lowe: The Belkarangers are finally assembled. Now, to wait patiently for Lord Zed to appear and embiggen some monsters ... Whoops. Anyway, the chemistry between the three can only be described as ... AWESOME!

@Kha: Excluding all the cracks you've managed to inject generously into all the Rebuilts (though they tickled my funnybones very much ), I think they're all wonderfully done, especially for Fate (eep, Papa Testarossa!). I might be borrowing something here and there, if you don't mind. Though, Signum's Super Etna description is exactly like Storm Phoenix ... :3

@FieryAeon: Yeah, the food poisoning was bad (first time I got one, in any case). Now I'm staying far, far away from foods cooked in the morning and sold in the afternoon, especially if they're rich with coconut milk. Anyway, yeah, sure, I'll pass you the chapter when it's done. And unfortunately, cliffhangers are always present, I can't help it. And sometimes, I have to admire your ability to guess, it's around that figure.

@Nighty: A smooth transition through StrikerS, and some interesting revelations, too. Something EPIC is cooking, as always. And the next thing on Al-Hazard sounds delicious (I'm going to read it later)! LOL at the page claim declaration, though.

@Kagerou: Scene V is superb! Somehow, those creatures with scythe-ended legs seem familiar, but anyway, looks like Keroko is in some ouchies! Orbital Bombardment right away, too ... Valentine's special, however, is totally unexpected, and I to you!

@Tormenk: You still remember the gender confusion thingy? And that was a cheap 20000th-page claim! The story's mighty interesting, though.

@Anita: Hello, and I see that you're already acquainted with most of everyone here. Anyway, welcome, and Kha looks most uncomfortable with you around. You seem to be leading Kha by the neck, I just love it. *runs from Kha*

@Fuyu no Sora: Hello. You can find GuardianS's link under my name in Erio's master link in the front page. Nothing biggie at the moment, so you can have a read if you want. Do heed Liingo's warning though, it's long (heck, I can't even remember where I get all those ideas from).

@Aaron: Your summarization of Hayate will be looked upon as soon as possible. Processing chunks of text at rapid speed currently. :3 Oh, and on the same note in Hayate's improvement, I gave her two self-targeting offensive spells, which is supposed to be used to her defense. Okay, that sounds wrong, but offense at times is the best defense.

@USB: I think I missed a few chapters from the backlog. I'll re-read from the part I missed first before I read the ending. It's linked at the main page, yes?

@dkellis: I am pretty much in support of your opinion on idea presentation. If you want to present ideas, be prepared to get shot. If you want to rip ideas, be prepared to make it polite. After all, this is part of shaping your characters up as much as possible. Things might not always go your way (particularly if you don't play by the rules), but they are commonly constructive. If you cannot bend, then break. That's how I see it.

========

Some breaking news from me.

Good news: Chapter Six is almost ready, only one more scene (Ginga x Subaru) to write before it enters publication. Respective portions have been sent to Aaron and Keroko for proofreading, after which will probably be posted by this week.

Bad news: Plenty.

First, word count exceeds Chapter Four (21K) by a healthy 4k, possible 5 - 6k by the end of the writing.

Second, the massive length indicates lots of text, and by that, it will possibly be difficult to follow. A lot of information, but since they're walls of text, so ... And again, no mystery solved as of yet, though I introduced more mysteries, so it'll still keep you guessing.

Third, I think there will be a lot of questions going on, a lot of repairs to be made here and there, since a lot of conversations are made. I don't even know if they're ridiculous or rational, and the sheer length of several scenes will be mind-boggling.

Fourth, character characterization related, Signum will probably come under a lot of scrutiny in this chapter, since I don't know whether she fits the canonical representation or not (a lot of combinations made, which may go haywire). Even Chrono, the Aces, and some seem wrong to me ... somehow.

Fifth, I apologize in advance if this chapter fails to meet expectations.

That's about it.

On a slightly cheerful note, I think a short synopsis of what GuardianS is about will be nice, similar to the previews we find at the back of DVDs. It'll give an overall gist of what is going to happen, though in the typical metaphorical sense, and also make it easier for newcomers to see if it suits their taste. What do you all think?
Old 2008-02-20, 08:13   Link #20208
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Hopefully my last post for tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
DVD specials=good stuff.
Don't we all love DVD specials? especially with all the uncensored fanservice and passionate romance-

*runs for cover*

Quote:
My bad. Thought you're from Sarawak. Hmm...that would mean you live in the same state as Goose.
Yeah. Just found out about it yesterday.

Quote:
He'll give us some crack-induced response.
I'll pull back my words.

Quote:
Eep! Haven't finish reading the previous chapter. *adds to reading list*
Take your time.

Quote:
See, USB? Told you it be crack-induced. Sette as Archer-ko does not compute for me honestly.
Yeah.

Quote:
We shall heal him! Quickly!

Quote:
I was mistaken. USB's in Sabah and so is Goose. PF is from Selangor and I'm from KL.
Old 2008-02-20, 08:31   Link #20209
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Oh of course not! We gotta think of the children! It'll just be... rather intriguing, inneudo-ish but perfectl SFW. I've done that before in a CCS fic, and now I'm applying it, polished and improved, to the Nanohaverse.
The Touya - Yue method?

Quote:
Graham should come back and show the Aces who's the real deal. After all, having retired means he's no longer tied to a desk!
And have is own Custom Flag while at it...

Kyla: I think we can arrange that... *picks up phone*

Meanwhile deep within the AX base...

Spoiler for AX Base L B20:

Quote:
SUMMONER MEGAZORD!

*runs very very fast*
*sees incoming Grandsazers*

Quote:

CLERIC-KNIGHTS

The best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be.
Go anywhere, kill anything.
They are most comfortable knee deep in Hell while kicking ass big time.
They answer to no one and no one, except the Light itself.

~~~~~~

The Cleric-Knight is not your Ace Enforcer. He is not meant for petty arrests and investigations.
He is the relentless weapon of the Light that never hesitates, never regrets.
His sole aim is the purification of the infected and the extermination of great evils.
He is the crusader, the Judge, the executioner rolled into one.
Light help you if they ever come for you.

~~~~~~

Daemons, Heretics, Evil. Your time is over.

CLERIC-KNIGHTS

The buck stops here.

~~~~~~

Authorized by the Regional Government of Belka.

~~~~~~

The following is an excerpt from a file detailing the nature of the Cleric-Knights in general:
Spoiler for Full Codex:

Another reason to redo my group.
Old 2008-02-20, 08:41   Link #20210
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

I do hope Hayate won't do THIS and THAT along her "classes" .

*runs*
What kind of classes I wonder... Physical Education?

*runs faster*

Quote:
Well, it IS a more unique machine than most we've seen lately. *rolls eyes at GN Fang*
And incredibly sleek and spartan, yet loaded and armed to the teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon
He's always been a rather wordy person. You notice his writings tend to be really descriptive. And when you try to describe so many things in detail, the word count tends to go up really fast.
How true

Quote:
I still don't understand that term of expression.
Denial

phonetically sounds like

The Nile

Thus, "The Nile is a river in Egypt" or "Denial is a river in Egypt"

Quote:
Actually it means she's happy. suteki=lovely (in most context, and we all know Japanese is all about context)
Well Glad = Happy isn't it?

And in that second scenario, suteki is exactly the word I needed

*runs*

Quote:
Yon???
Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Anyway, I'll do backlog where appropriate (God, it has grown so much in a week's time! ) in a simplified version.
Not to mention breaking the 20000K barrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare
@Lowe: The Belkarangers are finally assembled. Now, to wait patiently for Lord Zed to appear and embiggen some monsters ... Whoops. Anyway, the chemistry between the three can only be described as ... AWESOME!
Thanks

Although there is no Lord Zed... there is only CHIEFU

*watches Aurion run from the Belkarangers*

Quote:
Yeah, the food poisoning was bad

Quote:
Some breaking news from me.

Good news: Chapter Six is almost ready, only one more scene (Ginga x Subaru) to write before it enters publication. Respective portions have been sent to Aaron and Keroko for proofreading, after which will probably be posted by this week.

First, word count exceeds Chapter Four (21K) by a healthy 4k, possible 5 - 6k by the end of the writing.

Second, the massive length indicates lots of text, and by that, it will possibly be difficult to follow. A lot of information, but since they're walls of text, so ... And again, no mystery solved as of yet, though I introduced more mysteries, so it'll still keep you guessing.

Third, I think there will be a lot of questions going on, a lot of repairs to be made here and there, since a lot of conversations are made. I don't even know if they're ridiculous or rational, and the sheer length of several scenes will be mind-boggling.

Fourth, character characterization related, Signum will probably come under a lot of scrutiny in this chapter, since I don't know whether she fits the canonical representation or not (a lot of combinations made, which may go haywire). Even Chrono, the Aces, and some seem wrong to me ... somehow.

That's about it.
Ginga x Subaru? What ki-

*dark aura behind him *

*ehem*

Er looking forward to seeing it then

If you're that concerned about length, just post them in piecemeal chapters for us to digest better

Quote:
On a slightly cheerful note, I think a short synopsis of what GuardianS is about will be nice, similar to the previews we find at the back of DVDs. It'll give an overall gist of what is going to happen, though in the typical metaphorical sense, and also make it easier for newcomers to see if it suits their taste. What do you all think?
Concept Approved

@Saint X:

OH SHI-

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-20, 08:59   Link #20211
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Isn't everything Kha puts out inherently crack anyway?
Quote:
It was inevitable, really.
Quote:
Whoa...talk about explosive set of skills.
Psycho: "I think I'd like to meet her..."
Leena: "Same here~"

Quote:
Uh, no. USB's in Sabah and is from there. I'm from Sabah, growing up in the jungle, and have spent the last 3 years in PJ.

Quote:
Well the lesser festivals died for me a few years ago. Though Chinese New Year has always been something my family saw as important. Even that was kinda subdued this year...*sigh*
CNY is only good for ang pow and the hopes of hot girls in miniskirt cheongsams. Sadly it seems the only real girls in miniskirt cheongsams are gravure and AV idols. And not many of them either -_-

Working on Sunset Encounter, which I previewed earlier this morning, a PM reply to Erio, Franz's Alpha profile and work for my dad.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-02-20, 10:24   Link #20212
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Hello, I'm finally back (again) after a triple disaster of three tests crammed into one week (two still pending), cleaning up assignments, and basically suffering from a severe load of university works.

Yeah seriously. Its grown so much in the past week than it has for the past 2 months or so. I guess we can now safely say its back to how it used to be.

Quote:
Lord Zed? You are asking for the sentai fans to pound you by saying that. FYI, sentai fans don't acknowledge the US wannabe versions as true to the spirit of sentai, or so I heard.

Quote:
@FieryAeon: Yeah, the food poisoning was bad (first time I got one, in any case). Now I'm staying far, far away from foods cooked in the morning and sold in the afternoon, especially if they're rich with coconut milk. Anyway, yeah, sure, I'll pass you the chapter when it's done. And unfortunately, cliffhangers are always present, I can't help it. And sometimes, I have to admire your ability to guess, it's around that figure.
I've got mild food poisoning myself before. Nothing some traditional Chinese med can't settle. Though I must say it doesn't make it any less painful.

Well, I'm an inherently curious person, so cliffhangers are really my bane. When something catches my interest, I need to know what happens next. Cliffhangers=torture for me. I've learn how to read teasers, hints, and whatever previews and stuff I get, and guess from there. If there's anything I should be proud of, its my ability to do guesswork.

So anyway, it really is around 25k words? That's massive.

Quote:
So the bluecheese nuke is going to come?

Quote:

That's about it.
Should be able to deal with most of it. The fourth part might indeed invite scrutiny. Lets see how it goes.

Quote:
Sort of like the synopsis for novels? Complete with genre listing and such? Why not?

Quote:
Don't we all love DVD specials? especially with all the uncensored fanservice and passionate romance-

*runs for cover*

Quote:
I'll pull back my words.

Quote:
We shall heal him! Quickly!
Quick get Shamal!

[/quote]

Quote:
What kind of classes I wonder... Physical Education?

*runs faster*

The type which requires a bedroom. *runs like hell*

Quote:
And incredibly sleek and spartan, yet loaded and armed to the teeth
Yeah, you wonder where he pulls out all those swords from. But then again, its suppose to be equipped with seven swords, so it makes sense.

Quote:
Denial

phonetically sounds like

The Nile

Thus, "The Nile is a river in Egypt" or "Denial is a river in Egypt"
I see...how...unique.

Quote:
Well Glad = Happy isn't it?
Wouldn't glad be yokata? Though I suppose in certain context it could also equate to happy.

Quote:
And in that second scenario, suteki is exactly the word I needed

*runs*

Suteki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Isn't everything Kha puts out inherently crack anyway?
Well, it wouldn't be Kha otherwise, I suppose.

Quote:
It was inevitable, really.
"That with darkness in their soul are easily corrupted." Or something like this...some quote I heard from somewhere. Think its Kingdom Hearts.

Quote:
Psycho: "I think I'd like to meet her..."
Leena: "Same here~"
Explosive entries will announce their presence.

Quote:
Uh, no. USB's in Sabah and is from there. I'm from Sabah, growing up in the jungle, and have spent the last 3 years in PJ.
Ahhh...PJ...the place where I always get lost in. Darn place and its many roads.

Quote:
CNY is only good for ang pow and the hopes of hot girls in miniskirt cheongsams. Sadly it seems the only real girls in miniskirt cheongsams are gravure and AV idols. And not many of them either -_-
Well the fact is nobody wears cheongsam anymore. Anyway...seems to be going too out of topic.
Old 2008-02-20, 12:20   Link #20213
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
The point is not to fool anyone. His point is to try and get around the TSAB. And he could just have written a hand-waver about "technical advances in magic" allowing magic to shoot to 20km.

In fact, there is no firm canon evidence of his Limitation 1 and 3 in canon at all, and even 2 is merely an observation. If he renamed it a "High Velocity" Magic rifle to solve for 2 only, what would you do?

In fact, the biggest problem here is not so much the shot as the fire control. A Scope is OK to 2000m, but 20000. This brings in complex considerations more typical of artillery fire control, but stricter because he wants to use it as a non-homing sniper rifle, not just get shells into the right grid square.

He might not just need the local environmental conditions (which can be obtained with relative ease), but also the conditions throughout the flight path to the target to input into the computer to ensure precision. So before he does any shoot, presumably he has to send out a magic reconaissance round to scan out the whole route. Which will take minutes and may or may not alert the target.

For that matter, at 20000m, the thing might as well be placed onto a tripod and be allowed to swing itself into position. Especially since the thing supposedly produces an injuring shockwave upon firing...

Further, at max range, flight time is still 10 seconds, which is plenty of time for a target's movement to dodge the shot. And the whole system will still be defeated by spaced shielding (the round might overwhelm one shield, but ultimately it is limited in power and thus blocked) if the target is warned, which becomes a lot more likely thanks to his magic recce round requirement.

If he just wants 20km class engagement capabilities, and the thread allows such a thing, may I suggest using homing weapons instead?
Verily.

The exact functions of the Lance are magic/science hybrid. This is what makes it so much more useful than conventional magic busters in its role. It is designed to be effectively useful and still marginably powerful at ranges most magic attack is considered insane, or simply the domain of the support mage.

Spoiler for Long-ish:

Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw; 2008-02-20 at 12:36.
Old 2008-02-20, 12:35   Link #20214
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Neither am I. Though...

In retrospect, WHAT THE HECK DID I JUST TYPE THIS EARLY MORNING?!?!?!

Oh my God! This is too embarrassing!

*hides head in ground ala-ostritch*

It was tiredness! I was just temporarily loosened by the force of Income Taxation...>.> beforehand! My screws were just loosened! I'm inooccceeeeeeennnntttt!!!!!!!!!! T_T
Chalk it up to all the crack Kha's been leaving behind

Quote:
Franz: "Hey, it was nighttime. I wanted to be stealthy."
Glen: "By cutting it off, stuffing it into his mouth, stabbing him multiple times and then slitting his throat and wrists?"
Franz: "My sister was the same age as those girls. And our ODST blades pwn."
Gotta love Franz's logic

Quote:
Miniskirt cheongsam only exists in anime, movies, and pron -_- and they're a pain to wear if you don't have the right figure, or so say girls i've talked to.

....hmmmm. Cheongsam Emili, Naomi, Aces & Volkenritter (except Zafira, of course)?

DO FREAKIN' WANT
I have a pic of long skirt high slit Signum. <.<
Hmm...is the TSAB having any formals anytime soon?

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
What USB500 just demands I want too O_O
And yuricest!? WHERE. TELL ME OF THIS YURICEST. NOW.
Mmm...yuri....

*runs*

Quote:
Hayate: Kyaaaaa!! *falls from stairs, crashes, and lands butt on Aurion's face*
Aurion: What's this soft squishy thing here? *grabs*
Hayate: Oji-san ECCHI!!

Big explosions can be heard. *runs from Aaron*
So should we be feeling sorry Aurion...or jealous?

*runs*

Quote:
*Kha wakes up in boat*

Kha: Not again...

You're coming with me.

We're going to Hell.
I hope Kha remembered to sign up for those frequent flier miles

Quote:
We need a Triple Rider Kick scenario NAO

Mayura: *points to opened door*

Out, thataway

Hmmm.... You don't mind if I add Ryotaro to Mayura's profile now would you?
Ryotaro: *nods and walks through the door*

And go ahead. I don't mind .

Oh, ask and thou shall recieve:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
@Lowegear because he posted while I was writing this: The cloaked figures... if you need a comparison, then I have one word: SEELE.
I don't want Fate to turn to tang...

Quote:
The end of all? Or the beginning of a new chapter? You decide.

TEARS OF THE NORTHERN WIND
EPILOGUE

Well, this is it. Now that Tears of Northern Wind has come to its end, I can now begin my OC rebuilding starting with some of the key characters for the upcoming stories (I'll use Kha's character rebuilding setup as basis).

And fret not, for there is always the DVD Special following. Guaranteed to contain less censorship and more fanservice.

*runs*

Epic epilogue is EPIC!!

And DVD Specials?! DO WANT

Quote:
I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!!!!

Slightly relevant for the next part of Mayura's profile later...

Spoiler for Kamen Rider Fate:
Kamen Rider Kabuto and Sasword FTW!!!

And CAST OFF is...

*RUNS*

Quote:
Hehe...

I guess I've been a submissive boke for too long...

Time to show you my variation of Unlimited Saber Works...

TASTE THY HOT BLOOD!

*LoweGear is sent flying*
Testing is good testing

*runs*

Quote:
More of 'Honest Heart' Mayura Labatt's profile, this time with the 4th update in her profile:

Spells and Abilities

Spoiler for length:
Update is good update . Although I was also planning on giving Ryotaro the CAST OFF ability...

Quote:

Spoiler for DVD Special teaser:

Well, yeah. That's what Hayate bought at the Lolita Shop.

Now I need to find the suitable Widuri in Goth Lolita dress picture. also, Goth Lolita Frieda is fine, too.

*runs*
Hayate strikes again! Can't wait for her next 'attack.'

*runs*
Old 2008-02-20, 12:44   Link #20215
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
That's going to be a tall order, considering the lot of use have sci-fi in our profiles

And there is the fact that while primarily magical, Nanoha is also inescapably sci-fi. Heck, Nanoha once wielded a high-mega launcher-like weapon that looked like something straight out of Gundam or Eva in the manga. And of course, what would you call the cyborgs and mecha?

Besides, it's still a magical weapon as far as I can see, just with a far more technical explanation than your usual magical weapon.

Also, I'm not sure about your gripes when you have Tais, Yui and the Eva system that's essentially sci-fi in presentation.
Quote:

I think I need to make some apologies. I think I'm letting my dislike of ATC cloud my judgment. So, first of all, I'm sorry. The comments I've made are out of line.

Lowe, I would still like to disagree that its a magical weapon at all. My gripe is that the weapon is too sci-fi to me. Of course this might be a matter of perception.To give you a comparison of how its like to me, its like you telling me a well drawn technical drawing is a work of art.

I feel that the weapon has cross the line from magical to scientific. Only the power source and the shell around the projectile is magical in nature. And then he goes on to describe how the shot is form etc... Wouldn't it be much easier just to get the weapon to convert raw mana to lightning elemental mana like how Chrono's Durandal helps convert mana to ice elemental energy? Especially since the tech is already available.

Also nothing we seen so far requires the shot to be created inside the weapon although that may be a technical requirement to launch the projectile that fast and that far...and btw the speed of the shot is 2000m/s? That's almost Mach 6 if I'm not mistaken. Not sure about you guys but that kind of speed is rather absurd to me. I don't really see how anything can stop this shot at all.

arkhangelsk, from what I can deduce, the shots are propelled by exploding plasma (incidentally I wonder how the weapon can even take these kinds of stress, heck I can't even imagine how the firer can even survive unless you're telling me that the firer's barrier jackets can withstand several thousands degrees Celsius from the exploding plasma as well as the sonic boom/pressure wave or whatever the proper term is, caused by a near mach 6 shot being fired) and I don't see how "a magic reconnaissance round to scan out the whole route" is even in the equation as all shots will be near straight lines not including environmental effects.

Also arkhangelsk, you mentioned that the shot still needs 10 secs at maximum range but here a problem, can you dodge something that is at most the size of your pinky(this was the size ATC mentioned as the maximum impact size so I'm assuming the shot will not be bigger than that) even if you know its coming? And if its less than max range, the amount of time for you to react is even shorter. Also how can shields even stop this shot? And if normal shields can stop this weapon, wouldn't it be pretty useless?

If ATC "wants 20km class engagement capabilities" he might as well go for a magical laser which would probably have less problems, more speed, greater accuracy and more efficient then what he has right now. Not that such a thing will be allowed I think.
Old 2008-02-20, 12:51   Link #20216
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Post it when you're ready The better for me since I haven't missed it
Well I finished the first chapter. As usual my writing is short (Gimme a break, I write this stuff in pencil... I don't wanna write some 10,000+ length stuff... )
I'll be typing it in Word then adding it to Fanfiction within the hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
No problems on Malon as far as I see. Bumping her up to B rank certainly makes sense. As for No. 47, I'll reserve comments until the full profile is out.
Hmmmm... I see, I see. Maybe I'll bump Rune up to A then. I want a clear power gap between the two

Quote:
Number... 47?

Needs more details that's for sure, tidbits are not enough to feed our BLUECHEESIUM diet

Although as USB observed... limited scale growth FTW

*RUNS*
Aye Number 47. A direct reference to HK-47 of KOTOR and indirectly to Hitman. I didn't know that until my friend told me

Y-you EAT that stuff? :madness: I dunno 'bout you but I don't think cheese that turns blue can be very healthy...

And yes. Limited scale growth FTW.

Quote:
LOL, so death by magical pain?
Well or decapitation. But I've gone and fixed it some.

Now that I have backlog done (If I missed anyone its 'cause the words 'krisslanza' weren't in it so my Ctrl-F skills won't detect it ) its time to present No.47's profile!
Well. Most of it. Her spells are hardly done but its good enough I think

Spoiler for Arc-en-Ciel: Character:

And now to work on uploading Arc-en-Ciel...
Old 2008-02-20, 13:39   Link #20217
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
[/I] Well if you talk about tradition, it doesn't include the mini-skirt version. That version is kind of a modern fashion, and I must admit I've never seen anyone wear those myself.
Haha, true. I havent either.

Quote:
OMFG BIG BOO BOO! I mean during A's. *shots self in the head*
Ah, yes.

Quote:
I wonder how many know who she really is. Though fact is she doesn't exist in canon.
I have no clue... I just know there are pics of Archer in female form - something rather disturbing.

Quote:
Actually, his mobile phone rings, a siren sounds in his house, and his computer plays the Star Wars soundtrack (forgot the name omg!).
And a different soundtrack plays depending on the trigger.. "Hayate", "AurionXHayate", etc...

Quote:
Truly the only way for her to get any real action is to ditch the Ground Division and transfer to the Navy. That's what I think.
Yeah, that's be a step forward. Right now she's stuck in MC.

Quote:
Long replies are long. Like I said before, none of us mind the changes you are planning, Aaron. I personally think that the command position has left her little time to develop her prowess as a mage, much less in melee. This justification is actually rather solid (considering what 7arcs usually comes up with. ).

But there is also no problem in saying that she has learned to arrange time to do so anyway after the events in StrikerS. In this case, it is also not a problem in using the events in StrikerS itself to justify her need to train herself.

In conclusion, and I quote Nike, "Just do it!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Aaron is more the adorable fanservice type, so don't get your hopes up.

Besides, Hayate already has enough of a nympho/molester reputation in the image thread, I'm looking forward to some more cute hayate fanservice.

On the subject of the Aces: I do agree that Nanoha was made to apear very overpowered. All was well untill the manga chapter that showed her going head-to-head with Signum, which threw balance out the window. T_T In my eyes, melee is still Nanoha's main weaknes (after all, do we ever see her actively engaging in melee combat throughout all 3 seasons? I can remember none.) thus, I'm treating that 'flashback image' as an exagerated fantasy that surfaced in chapter 10 as only one image out of the fight, and not (unlike how I preciously stated) as a confirmation that Nanoha can keep up with Signum in melee.

Fate's main weakness seems to be defense. We hardly ever see her tanking full blows, and if she does its mostly back support.

I would think Nanoha's and Hayate's weaknesses are similar, though Nanoha has better mobility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Neither am I. Though...

In retrospect, WHAT THE HECK DID I JUST TYPE THIS EARLY MORNING?!?!?!

Oh my God! This is too embarrassing!

*hides head in ground ala-ostritch*

It was tiredness! I was just temporarily loosened by the force of Income Taxation...>.> beforehand! My screws were just loosened! I'm inooccceeeeeeennnntttt!!!!!!!!!! T_T
ROFL

I knew this was going to happen.

Quote:
Yeah. I agree. No contention there.
but like I said, I'm including both personal and professional rationales for her to be. And like I said, not combat capability per se, but survivability.
Makes sense.

Quote:
I think so too. But for what's about to happen in GenerationS, that alone is not enough. I just need to add just a little bit more. Nothing ruining balance, of course.

On the other hand, you just gave me a GREAT correctional idea for my scenario! Thank you!
Really? What did I say?

Quote:
It does.

I was more at fault. Since I got overwhelemed by my passion for a bit there due to stress...
lol We certainly noticed that...passion.

Quote:
Why not?
That was more like, WANT!

Quote:
Especially when they're tsunderes. And posess the machinegun Emili Kicku and semiauto Naomi Kicku

I like playing with charecters. *laughs* The only confirmed lesbian in the OFM is Leena Tokarev, but that won't stop me from making suggestive EmilixNaomi adopted yuricest
Tsunderes + Machineguns =

And Yuricest... please include some pictures as well...

*runs*

Quote:
Miniskirt cheongsam only exists in anime, movies, and pron -_- and they're a pain to wear if you don't have the right figure, or so say girls i've talked to.

....hmmmm. Cheongsam Emili, Naomi, Aces & Volkenritter (except Zafira, of course)?

DO FREAKIN' WANT
I have a pic of long skirt high slit Signum. <.<
Please share those pics when you find them.

Quote:
This was the whole point of the planned Franz shooting Hayate scene in Joint Training; he was to have shot her with training rounds to prove to her that an assassin could kill her very quickly with the right tools. It's since been removed.
Well, some of those "right tools" may be too much for anyone to survive against...

Quote:
WANT. Though actually Hayate is for cuddling; for sexxoring you need Kyou, yoko, or Tomoyo-chaaaaaaan....
Tomoyo from TC? If so, then YES.

*runs*

Quote:

We really need a scenario where we can pit their skills against each other. Like when the SGS and Ravens first meet?
You want them to meet in the battlefield, though? That may be bad for future relations between the two groups...

Quote:
Tip: She wears her cheongsam again in 19.

*runs*

*skips to 19 right now*

Quote:
Yes, we need more girls in mini-skirted cheongsams

*runs faster*
Hmm, I may have a pic with just that coming very, very soon...

Quote:

Automatic Hayate Filtering and Alert System?

And it works great.

Quote:
Emphasis is one thing. Not beating Caro is another. Second, a good officer is prepared for all eventualities (such as the enemy having brains of their own, or an unfavorable tactical situation). Third, the ultimate shaft is that she isn't even that good of a commander.
I really think that the not beating Caro thing was but a joke. Agreed with the other two points.

Quote:
While Aaron made a superb defense here, I'll still like to object to the idea that adult Nanoha and Fate were portrayed as "flawless". When you consider their jobs, all three of them arguably failed miserably. Hayate's failures as a commander are too rehashed in episode threads to recount here (just search for posters "arkhangelsk" or "Mirificus" in those threads and you'll immediately be on a Hayate-bashing discussion)

How much progress did Fate make as an Investigator? None visible. Verossa might make a one line note of Fate and Nakajima's investigation, but from the screen, you might as well conclude that Verossa solved in 5 mintues what Fate couldn't solve for half a year.

Nanoha as a trainer ... well, she was forced to shoot Teana. Ironically, Teana was arguably the best-developed of the four. The rest of them grew in combat skills, but psychologically and tactically they are still... sigh. They don't even have discipline.

In decisions, what about that near-tragic decision to split up inside the Cradle. If what happened could actually be called a success, Hayate is a great commander.

Fate has horrible moral-psychological preparation for combat, as proved when Scarlietti nearly broke her. Only a lame lovey scene saved her from defeat. Pathetic if you ask me.

The difference is that Nanoha and Fate actually had strengths and 7Arcs doesn't seem so intent to make it look like they aren't even trying.
Well, you have a nice different point of view. Personally, I would attribute some of the weaknesses you mentioned to 7arcs' horrible storytelling, though.

As far as I see it, Nanoha and Fate are pretty much "flawless", since they do not have much room for further development, especially in terms of combat skills and power. They seem to have reached the top of their development curve, at least as far as canon is concerned (there wasnt much, if not any, development for both of them during StrikerS, which was the perfect time to give them some heavy development). We now see that the next phase of Nanoha's development will revolve around Vivio and how to be a good mama, for instance.

Good point about Fate's moral-psychological preparation for combat. She is an Enforcer, so she should have overcame such weaknesses long ago. Unfortunately, though, surely this was used as a mere plot device so the writers could include some dorama at this point of the series, and also to give a half-assed excuse for Fate to use her Sonic Form (or was it called something else?). Again, a weakness that could be attributed to 7arc's horrible storytelling.

Quote:
Erio: BREAKING ALL BACKLOG WITH OUR HELD HANDS!
Caro: THE SCREAMS OF SCRIN ECHOING THROUGHOUT THE GALAXY!

Both: THE UNISON OF BLACK & WHITE!

VOLTAI-AMPERE!

ORETACHI O DARE DA TO OMOETTE YAGARU?!

I wonder now...how exactly did Erio and Caro...unite...?

*runs*

Quote:
He's still the same grown up Nagi dai Artai.

Btw, there's been another change last night. I gave Kha and Fate more time to develop their ship, therefore making the previous mini-series before Nanoha/Cente Gravia more like real harem anime.

That means, it's all free game, even Nanoha and Keroko included, until they turn 16 and Nanoha/Cente Gravia goes into full swing.
That's much better, I must say.

Quote:
Bad Latin.

Kha all the way, even into StrikerS, and because of Teana, a lot more open too.
Will we get some Fate X Sophia catfights...?

*ahem*

Quote:

[Crack]

Erio's Summon Creature is Ampere, the White Tiger Queen.

Caro can invoke just Voltaire's spirit like a Magic Knight so that he becomes her armor and sword.

Erio, invoking Ampere, would then turn his hair white, apart from changing Barrier Jacket to Knight Armor.

[/Crack]

Good point there! I always knew Erio was good with creatures, like a Shaman of elemental spirits is! I almost got run over by crack of Erio doing a Hao by summoning the Spirit of Fire, but I think Spirit of Thunder, however h4xx, would fit him better.

*RUNS*
...OK, I dont care if this is crack or not...

Erio pulling a Hao = DO IT!!

*runs as well*

Quote:
Fate... A-Cup...

Hehe...

I guess I've been a submissive boke for too long...

Time to show you my variation of Unlimited Saber Works...

TASTE THY HOT BLOOD!

*LoweGear is sent flying*
What is going on here?!

Quote:
It mean's she's glad

*watches Emili and Naomi*

... suteki...

Mai is using her s3x Scrying Ball again...

Quote:
Gwen... Emili... Naomi... In a room.

Very very dangerous.
It may actually happen...

*RUNS*

But dont forget Mai as well.

Quote:
~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

I made some changes to Caro's problematic Limiter Break using what I dreamed of originally, and from the suggestions made. Here's the sample:
Spoiler for Limiter Break:
Is this better?
Well... if Caro will go nekkid like Umi-chan there... ALL IS APPROVED.

*runs faster*

Fire Breath ...that's more like Fire Beam though, given the description.

Anyway, it is better, yes.

More in a bit...
Old 2008-02-20, 13:49   Link #20218
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
I think I need to make some apologies. I think I'm letting my dislike of ATC cloud my judgment. So, first of all, I'm sorry. The comments I've made are out of line.
If you're appollogizing to me. Don't worry about it. I'm so used to it it doesn't even faze me anymore.

Quote:
Lowe, I would still like to disagree that its a magical weapon at all. My gripe is that the weapon is too sci-fi to me. Of course this might be a matter of perception.To give you a comparison of how its like to me, its like you telling me a well drawn technical drawing is a work of art.
*Raises hand.* I did mention it was a hybrid.

Quote:
I feel that the weapon has cross the line from magical to scientific. Only the power source and the shell around the projectile is magical in nature. And then he goes on to describe how the shot is form etc... Wouldn't it be much easier just to get the weapon to convert raw mana to lightning elemental mana like how Chrono's Durandal helps convert mana to ice elemental energy? Especially since the tech is already available.
Magical Efficiency. Why spend all the mana on making an electric attack you won't be able to hurl with any significant velocity to range, when you can expend a fifth of that amount to gather the energy from the air AND make a propellant?

Many people underestimate the weaponizable potential of their environment. I can waste my energy resserves by hurling it directly at you, and end up draining myself after one or two shots, or I can spend a tiny fraction of my own energy, grabbing energy from around me, and throwing at you.

And that's simple math.

What has more energy? Me? Or the environment that is far larger than I am.

Quote:
Also nothing we seen so far requires the shot to be created inside the weapon although that may be a technical requirement to launch the projectile that fast and that far...and btw the speed of the shot is 2000m/s? That's almost Mach 6 if I'm not mistaken. Not sure about you guys but that kind of speed is rather absurd to me. I don't really see how anything can stop this shot at all.
Electrons have next to no mass. So even though it's traveling at 2000 meters a second, it has no viable momentum to transfer. Lacking mass and therefor, momentum to alter, it is quite easy to hurl it at high mach using a plasma expansion. This brings in the problem of keeping it AT speed in the air, but I will address that for you in a moment.

Quote:
arkhangelsk, from what I can deduce, the shots are propelled by exploding plasma (incidentally I wonder how the weapon can even take these kinds of stress, heck I can't even imagine how the firer can even survive unless you're telling me that the firer's barrier jackets can withstand several thousands degrees Celsius from the exploding plasma as well as the sonic boom/pressure wave or whatever the proper term is, caused by a near mach 6 shot being fired) and I don't see how "a magic reconnaissance round to scan out the whole route" is even in the equation as all shots will be near straight lines not including environmental effects.
Plasma, is defined as a soup of ions and the fourth state of matter above that of gas, technically the temperature isn't required to be several thousands of degrees, the particles just need to be a dissasociated soup with the electrons free floating. That varies from element to element. And it's easier with a gas than say, lead.
It just needs to be hot enough to expand forcefully. Which is still quite hot, but nothing like the core of a star that you are probably thinking about...
Ever had one of those storm globe things? Those are filled with plasma... and it's made of glass. I don't think mine ever melted. I could be mistaken, but I don't recall seeing scortch marks in my room from a plasma blast.
I'm simply applying efficiency in mechanism by recycling the ionized air.

Now, as one last excersize, go get a rifle, fire a full magazine, and grab the barrel. Awefully warm piece of material, but pretty cool considering it has 2000 degree propellent gas coming out the end of the thing. The trick? It's only 2000 degrees for something like an eighth or sixteenth of a second before it dissassociates and equalizes with the surrounding environment. Barely enough time to cause major burns to flesh, let alone damage metal.
And firers not getting burned by this gas or in my case, plasma, is about the same as why real shooters don't get KILLED by the muzzel blast off conventional weapons. (Yes, there is enough force in the muzzel blast of any rifle to KILL you, even with blank rounds.) It is that it shoots out the front, and produces a forward cone. Most of the plasma you're worried about will be thrown forward as a flare (visable muzzel flash), while the expanding air shockwave will be all that comes back off the displaced air.

Now, the sonic concussion from the mach 5-6 bolt can be easily wrapped up in one word.
'Negligable.'

1 - The shot is the size of a pencil eraser (which is about the size of my pinky, I have small hands.) So it doesn't force very much air out of the way at all. Even at Mach 6, it would be more or less a loud SNAP rather than a horrible concussion. (Manning the large board targets at the training range gives you a good idea what a 5.56 mm solid projectile traveling around mach 2 sounds like. It's hardly anything more than slightly annoying to listen to, let alone a threat to your hearing in the short term, LET ALONE a threat to your personal safety.)

2 - The shock front can be controled by shaping the forward end of the magical containment bolt. This is also how getting past having a negligable mass projectile managing to keep speed despite air resistance. Since magic can produce the perfect aerodynamic shape. I mean PERFECT shape. It can technically be shaped so infinitessimally (as intangible energy) that it doesn't actually HAVE a leading edge in an aerodynamic sense. (Monomolecular thickness point FTW!) This means that instead of pushing air in front of it, and creating that whole, compressed air shockwave that defines sonic booms and concussion waves generated by supersonic travel. It essentially wedges itself between air molecules and knocks them asside. On top of this, the magical containment is litterally perfectly smooth, again, as intangible magical energy, it has no microfeatures which could cause friction with the molecules as it slides past them.

There will still be a snap, but it'll be more like the slap-back reaction of a splash as a pencil sized vaccume is created behind the magic bolt. Kind of like submarine blade cavitation.

About the only thing that is going to stop such a bolt, would either be considerable travel distance finally imparting enough counter momentum (Even with the perfect aerodynamic shape, it's still going to bump head on into a molecule here and there), a solid object, or some kind of magic or energy barrier.

Quote:
Also arkhangelsk, you mentioned that the shot still needs 10 secs at maximum range but here a problem, can you dodge something that is at most the size of your pinky(this was the size ATC mentioned as the maximum impact size so I'm assuming the shot will not be bigger than that) even if you know its coming?
I want you to stop and think about that. This comment just makes me . Really, I'm being nice, but this... Unlimited Facepalm Works

If you know something the size of a pencil (my pinky) is flying at you for a good ten seconds. Exactly how many steps to the right can you walk? I don't know about you, (you must be slow as molassas) but I can walk across my house in that amount of time. My house is signifcantly larger than a pencil.

I really hope that comment was an attempt at sarchasm that really REALLY got screwed up. Because...
Yeah. Ten seconds is a LONG time in combat.

Quote:
And if its less than max range, the amount of time for you to react is even shorter.
Isn't that the IDEA behind a high velocity projectile though? To NOT give the target time to react?

Quote:
Also how can shields even stop this shot? And if normal shields can stop this weapon, wouldn't it be pretty useless?
A shield will stop the shot, but at the expense of its integrity. Due to its nature as massless, it has no penetration without boost to the magical container itself. (Addressed last post.) Whatever it strikes, that will suffer the brunt of the energy delivery. Just like an exaggerated lightning bolt.

Quote:
If ATC "wants 20km class engagement capabilities" he might as well go for a magical laser which would probably have less problems, more speed, greater accuracy and more efficient then what he has right now. Not that such a thing will be allowed I think.
"Not that such a thing would be allowed."

*Shrug.*
Old 2008-02-20, 14:03   Link #20219
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I wonder if anyone will see this post...
But I finished typing up chapter 1 but I need a tiiiiny little check:

Is the Enforcer's uniform a brown jacket, black shirt, and brown pants for men and the same for women but with a brown skirt and black leggings? >>
Old 2008-02-20, 14:13   Link #20220
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I wonder if anyone will see this post...
But I finished typing up chapter 1 but I need a tiiiiny little check:

Is the Enforcer's uniform a brown jacket, black shirt, and brown pants for men and the same for women but with a brown skirt and black leggings? >>
Do Enforcers have a standard-issue uniform? Granted, I haven't watched the series in a while, but I don't recall uniforms on anyone but the grunt mob.

EDIT: I remembered there are standard uniforms out there, but I still don't recall if the Enforcers' are special.

Someone feel free to correct me if I got this wrong.

In other news, this MASSIVE BACKLOG MOUNTAIN is a new record. I haven't seen this much activity here since before I joined the ranks! I think I'm gonna take to just the most recent post or two until you guys slow down! *sigh*

Last edited by LimitedEternal; 2008-02-20 at 14:50.
Closed Thread