AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-01-21, 19:40   Link #1
Demon_Spawn67
Kain

Ragnarok Online II

I have been watching the game grow since I heard rumors of it spreading around after I left RO. The first game was entirely fun and if it was in 3d probably could have made it up ther with WOW, FFXI, GuildWars, ect.

But now that the game is nearing its completion, the only official site that exists is in kanji X.x which makes it hard for me to read it XD.

http://www.ragnarok2.co.kr/<---- Official Ragnarok Online II Website

Also I have been hearing that the beta was running since December of 2005 and that there is a 2006 Spring Release date for the US planned.. does anyone have any information about this?
Demon_Spawn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 21:33   Link #2
~XFantasyX~

not sure if this is real but it there is gonna be an english beta coming out in febuary te 24 i think...
~XFantasyX~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 10:07   Link #3
ludacris10
Malay Anime Otaku!

Here are some screenies for those of you who wants a glimpse of ro2

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/p...2ss092905.html
ludacris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 11:20   Link #4
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I also like RO it only lacked free for all pvp. If ROII has the same system as the old RO and free for all pvp. It would be the best thing ever. The chances it will have ffa pvp is low though.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 11:33   Link #5
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon
I also like RO it only lacked free for all pvp. If ROII has the same system as the old RO and free for all pvp. It would be the best thing ever. The chances it will have ffa pvp is low though.
It did have FFA PVP, unless you're talking about something else.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 11:34   Link #6
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
It did have FFA PVP, unless you're talking about something else.
As in attack anyone anywhere(except in town I geuss xD). So like when you are lvling you see some bystander and you can kill him. The system L2/UO has.
Old 2006-01-27, 13:04   Link #7
hcl4

kRO did have this one server that was FFA PVP like in Lin2/UO.
hcl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 15:19   Link #8
FrostLich

RO II takes away the main element that made RO cool by making it 3D. I beleive that RO was so unique because of its animeish style 2D graphics that encouraged players to socalize. I cant imagine people sitting around in towns sociallizing if its in 3D.
FrostLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 15:51   Link #9
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcl4
kRO did have this one server that was FFA PVP like in Lin2/UO.
Thats really cool. I hope it comes a NA/Euro server then, ROII that is. Already played RO death. :P
Old 2006-01-27, 16:58   Link #10
hcl4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostLich
RO II takes away the main element that made RO cool by making it 3D. I beleive that RO was so unique because of its animeish style 2D graphics that encouraged players to socalize. I cant imagine people sitting around in towns sociallizing if its in 3D.
Judging from the screenshots so far, it does see animeish style to me. Instead of simple little emoticons you can have real emotes like you see in other 3D MMOs like WoW. Not to mention according to Gamespot, Yoko Kanno will be doing the soundtrack which is very nice to know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnaro...e_of_the_World
hcl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 19:34   Link #11
Rion Steiner

I preffer RO's emoticons over the 3d ones like WoW, GW and FFXI. Real 3D emotes (or what ever you call them) may look more real but it doesnt stand out that much than RO's "simple" version. In 3D version, when someone laughes I dont think you will notice that person right away until you see your chat box with that gay " -is laughing heartily". The result of a large number of people doing emotes at the same time will result an area with wierd looking mimes and a very messy chatbox (if you didnt cancel the emote option). When a character laughes in RO you'll noticed it right away because they use those stupid emote faces that comes out of that character. RO's emotes jsut stands out more than its 3D counterparts but Its just me, each person has their diefferent oppinion.
Rion Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 19:44   Link #12
Archuka
A territory most absolute

I think the current RO characters look better than those new 3D models. The girls were a lot cuter as sprites and the male sprites also looked better than what you can see in those screenshots. The bunny ears have to go as well. I hated them in RO and they are even more annoying in RO2 it seems.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 05:01   Link #13
Fenicks

Hope I'm not necroposting here...

If you're having trouble finding RO2 info, check out http://ragnarok-tale.net

Has quite bit of info, media, forums, etc etc blah.

Personally, I'm quite excited about RO2. Despite how different it is to the original game, it looks promising - after all what's the point of making the sequel if its the same as the original?

After some consideration I've come to realise why people are lamenting the loss of the 2D characters in the 3D world. It really does have a unique feel to it. However, I doubt that the original RO will die anytime soon after RO2 released, so people don't have to worry. The games will probably co-exist until RO1 is shut down (which would happen eventually anyway).
Fenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 19:39   Link #14
codezeromind

hmm well from the looks of RO2 i was pretty much put off by how the characters look
because it reminded me of rose online too much (those heads are ugly)

Most people i knew played RO because it was diffrent from your normal 3d everyday RPG game. It also was emphasized socializing alot more since with the 2d characters as Frostlich had said did help because it was much easier to sit in a group and talk and see what each person said from a slightly angled bird's eye view. In a 3d world its a bit difficult because u dont see every single person in a group of people sitting down so u spend ur time looking at the chat box. also with the emotes of the 2d ones stand out since everyone will see it but in a 3d enviroment its hard to see unless ur looking at that persons face (which not everyone will be staring at ur face during the entire game just to see you make a /heh emote)

the 2d characters in a 3d enviroment made the characters look cute but the 3d characters look pretty ugly. also that bunny band from the screenshot is just ugly.
alot of the stuff in RO only looked good in anime style but in 3d is ugly. try to picture all the headgears in RO in 3d. u'll realize that it wont look as nice. there are some things that look nice in an anime but not in real life (i.e. people cosplaying although not all cosplayers but 98% of em).

also the RO game attracted alot of people because it didnt have such high requirements in terms of memory and gfx cards so a wide variety of people could play it even though they dont have a great computer (i started out playing RO with a pentium II 333mhz comp with 64mb pc133 ram and a 16 mb video card)
codezeromind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 13:08   Link #15
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Ragnarok Online 2 English site now open

http://www.ragnarok2.co.kr/eng/main.html

Warning you must have a high brandwidth speed.

Info:

Ragnarok Online 2: The Gate of the World

New gameplay and characters.
Background of the game is based on the manhwa Ragnarok by Lee Myung-Jin. The soundtrack will be produced by Yoko Kanno, around 90 tracks according to gamespot.

http://www.roempire.com/?page=home
has uploaded the background music

Last edited by psycho bolt; 2006-12-09 at 13:30.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 16:51   Link #16
Lebron
I hear voices

hmm, I wonder when this game is suppose to come out in America? I haven't heard anything yet. I use to play the first one, so I would probably try this one out, aswell.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 15:39   Link #17
Sankari

Ragnarok online 2

I don't know if there's a thread already for this game, I really didn't try searching for it. I know I should have but here it goes.

Lets discuss the first installment first before moving to the main thing.

I'm pretty sure Ragnarok online is well known for anime fans due to its art style. Myself, being an ex-hardcore RO player myself. I started playing when the korean version was in open beta and iRO in alpha. There were some moments when I didn't play at all but this game always had something in it that once I played it for only few minutes, it sucked me back in. The only reason for me to play RO in the end was PvP/WoE, WoE with good guild is damn fun. Even fooling around in WoE is fun.

As of lately, around 05~ to speak the truth, Gravity announced Ragnarok online 2. Not much is known about the game except that the game will feature Complex job system, Item leveling(Some items gain exp the same way you gain when you fight and level up) and some other things. I have no idea about skills in this game at the moment. The biggest change ofcourse is that the game is moving to 3D without losing the "anime" style of the game.

Races:

Norman:

Ellr:

(Cute!)

And my personal favourite Dimago
:

(DAMN COOL!)

Classes for Norman:

Novice:

Swordman:

Enchanter:

Recruit:

Thief:

Clown:

My personal favourite is either the female Recruit or the female Swordman. I think Swordman takes the cake though.

Classes for Ellr:

Unknown at the moment, will be known later.

Classes for Dimago:

Unknown at the moment, will be known later.

At the moment Ragnarok 2 online just entered Closed beta 1. So more information should be surfasing later on.

More information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnaro...e_of_the_World

Now the question, what are your experiences of Ragnarok 1 or 2, are you interested in playing the 2nd installment if you haven't touched the serie before or you have played the first one?

As for me, I'll be waiting for beta, if I get in great, if it turns out to be good, awesome. I'll start p2p it if its anything as good as RO1 was at the start.
Sankari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 16:29   Link #18
Razz

I love the art. I'll keep an eye out on this one, it has potential to be fun, but I remember playing RO1 during the beta like 4 years ago, it had alot of problems.
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 03:10   Link #19
Sankari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz View Post
I love the art. I'll keep an eye out on this one, it has potential to be fun, but I remember playing RO1 during the beta like 4 years ago, it had alot of problems.
You are correct, there were lots of problems and RO2 probably won't be exception. However, those problems were quickly refined out of the game and lots of things were updated.

Razz: Did you play the open beta or?

The iRO open beta was awesome at the start but when it got to +12k players, it lagged like hell.
Sankari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 12:43   Link #20
Unholy FD3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludacris10 View Post
Here are some screenies for those of you who wants a glimpse of ro2

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/p...2ss092905.html
WOW!!!

that looks awesome.
Unholy FD3S is offline   Reply With Quote