Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-10, 08:09   Link #61
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Color me surprised, it was so insanely generic, but it was pretty fun. The main characters just strike as pretty likable already. I'd just worry if there's any meaningful battles or story twists. Other than that, looks like a decent, easy watch. Not something possibly-heavy like Kurokami. Though I'm watching Kurokami too.
well in the manga...

Spoiler for spoiler:
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 08:28   Link #62
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Good to see that everyone's words on how the first episode was very enjoyable came true. No complaints about it from me, just good old enjoyable fun.

Do rather like the humor that focused on Yoichi's new surroundings, and not knowing anything about it. It's going to be interesting seeing him adapt to a few things you'd only find in a house owned by four sisters.

Favorite sister at the moment... hmmm. I'll get back to you on that one.
Old 2009-01-10, 08:33   Link #63
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Sister Blue Ocean is my fave. For obvious reasons.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 08:37   Link #64
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Sister Blue Ocean is my fave. For obvious reasons.
Yeah Chihaya was looking to be my favorite, though my weakness for Ibuki's characters is rather strong this time around.
Old 2009-01-10, 08:44   Link #65
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

i didn't read the manga so i am kind of curious..
between Yoichi and Ibuki. who is stronger?
FreedomMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 08:47   Link #66
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
i didn't read the manga so i am kind of curious..
between Yoichi and Ibuki. who is stronger?
That's spoiler material --- a question that should be asked and answered in the manga thread.
Old 2009-01-10, 10:15   Link #67
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well now, that was a rather fun first episode. Generic, but fun never the less. It was kinda fun watching Yoichi stumble around like the bloke he is and doing things that would be easily considered weird by other people. I just hope they can keep it fresh for a prolonged period of time, because for now it looks like it might rely on Yoichi being 'clueless' as the main/only source for comedy ... well, as long as they can keep it from becoming too repetitive, it is all good.

The part i found the funniest was Yoichi trying to pinpoint Ibuki going by breast size (really now, was that the only thing she can think of regarding her sister's appearance ), and his agreement to the previous statement that her breasts are prettier

Expecting anything here romance vise would be foolish, obviously, hence i won't

Overall looks like pretty light-hearted and fun series, well worth watching for the laughs it will deliver on weekly doses A shame i don't feel particularly drawn towards any of the sister's characters though, but oh well. Chances are at least someone will grow on me with time.

Side note: What was that with the pink haired girl getting her clothes ripped off by a gust of wind in the OP (And her eyes turning robot-like)
Old 2009-01-10, 10:21   Link #68
Midonin
Last Engage

That girl was Tsubasa. Looking forward to seeing her join the cast.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 10:21   Link #69
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
A shame i don't feel particularly drawn towards any of the sister's characters though, but oh well. Chances are at least someone will grow on me with time.

Side note: What was that with the pink haired girl getting her clothes ripped off by a gust of wind in the OP (And her eyes turning robot-like)
Although for you, I'm guessing Ibuki

As for the loli girl...it is a spoiler for later

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 10:51   Link #70
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Fun episode, mostly enjoyable characters, non-suck male lead, and good voice acting...Yea probably stick with this one.

I couldof done without the "Kind older sister" though...Think it woulda made for more interesting character dynamics later on with the two middle sisters but whatever...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 11:11   Link #71
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch ep 1 :

Wow , finally an harem anime who the hero is strong !(not like the weakling who is normal ) !
I will follow this anime , the first episode was funny , amazing , great !
Love the character design ! Yoichi is a badass , just with his wind lol
Poor Wa-san LMAO !
Here we have 4 differents sisters : A gentle Loli , A Cold blond students , A glasses girl intelligent and The great sister
Wait for the next ep !
As you can see , It will be Ibuki x Yoichi .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 13:22   Link #72
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Well now, that was a rather fun first episode. Generic, but fun never the less. It was kinda fun watching Yoichi stumble around like the bloke he is and doing things that would be easily considered weird by other people. I just hope they can keep it fresh for a prolonged period of time, because for now it looks like it might rely on Yoichi being 'clueless' as the main/only source for comedy ... well, as long as they can keep it from becoming too repetitive, it is all good.

The part i found the funniest was Yoichi trying to pinpoint Ibuki going by breast size (really now, was that the only thing she can think of regarding her sister's appearance ), and his agreement to the previous statement that her breasts are prettier

Expecting anything here romance vise would be foolish, obviously, hence i won't

Overall looks like pretty light-hearted and fun series, well worth watching for the laughs it will deliver on weekly doses A shame i don't feel particularly drawn towards any of the sister's characters though, but oh well. Chances are at least someone will grow on me with time.

Just speculation (I haven't read the manga), but I think that there is something with the enemy organization that if you take off your clothes, you gain powers. And in her case, she seems to have a split personality that is good when her clothes are on, evil when they are off. That would be funny. XD
Old 2009-01-10, 13:27   Link #73
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Just speculation (I haven't read the manga), but I think that there is something with the enemy organization that if you take off your clothes, you gain powers. And in her case, she seems to have a split personality that is good when her clothes are on, evil when they are off. That would be funny. XD
Actually i wouldn't be surprised if that is the case at all. And the perfect excuse for fanservice as well
Old 2009-01-10, 13:34   Link #74
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Just speculation (I haven't read the manga), but I think that there is something with the enemy organization that if you take off your clothes, you gain powers.
Sumomomo momomo...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 13:34   Link #75
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Just watch ep 1 :

Wow , finally an harem anime who the hero is strong !(not like the weakling who is normal ) !
I will follow this anime , the first episode was funny , amazing , great !
Love the character design ! Yoichi is a badass , just with his wind lol
Poor Wa-san LMAO !
Here we have 4 differents sisters : A gentle Loli , A tsundere blond students , A glasses girl intelligent and The great bust sister
Wait for the next ep !
As you can see , It will be Ibuki x Yoichi .
Corrected, for more detail.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 16:46   Link #76
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

I thought the main character was just a little 12-year old short boy but he ends up being a bit taller than Ibuki whom I thought was so tall. Weird
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 17:13   Link #77
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

well I can see that one can't expect a great deal from this but for me I just love it!

I'm just waiting for my fav char to show up!
Old 2009-01-10, 17:38   Link #78
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Corrected, for more detail.
Yeah you are right ^^

My fav boy character = Yoichi
My fav girl character = dunno yet , wait for more episode to choice
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 19:59   Link #79
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
the changes made to episode one were enjoyable, and more importantly, does not change the overall sense and story from the manga. i loved how Yoichi had difficultly with escalators art was pretty and consistent enough for me

well as for who's stronger, Ibuki or Yoichi... my opinion on this is Ranma and Akane...

as for the clothes shredding in the op, it only has sense for the loli girl, the well-endowed one is just for pure fanservice i believe.

it seems that this one is just for 12-13 eps. if you look at the scenes in the op, it seems like they'll only take enough material from the manga for that much episodes... seems like they'll end with...

Spoiler for spoiler:

i wanna see Angie animated before i decide which girl is my favorite

edit:
oh and i forgot, i just have one minor complaint... Kagome looks to small for a 10 year old. she's like at Yoichi's waist. she'll look too weird once she's animated with...

Spoiler for be warned:

Last edited by tzia_n; 2009-01-10 at 20:24.
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 20:23   Link #80
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Reminds me of Sekirei in a harem-like way but Yoicihi seems cool.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen