Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-20, 20:19   Link #901
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Okay, now the dbz comments are getting rather annoying, cool it down people. I find myself agreeing with Sol, though in general I don't find anything annoying about the series, I just enjoy reading it. To each his own I suppose.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 20:36   Link #902
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin View Post
rereading some of the comments earlier i don't get you people. you guys praise beezlebub as being awesome, and yet medaka with basically the same premise about a super strong guy beating everyone up, you guys hate her.

Oga and Medaka are basically the same person.

inb4 a bunch of people telling me i'm wrong and start dissecting the two characters. blah blah blah blah blah
Whats beezlebub? If its as big crap as medaka then I am not sure if I want to know.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 20:37   Link #903
Jourdal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin View Post
rereading some of the comments earlier i don't get you people. you guys praise beezlebub as being awesome, and yet medaka with basically the same premise about a super strong guy beating everyone up, you guys hate her.

Oga and Medaka are basically the same person.

inb4 a bunch of people telling me i'm wrong and start dissecting the two characters. blah blah blah blah blah
I don't read beezlebub so im not in that category.

If the series started off that way then whatever, but if you and the others who like the direction can honestly tell me you saw this coming given the original premise then more power to you.

Me and arturro has a bet and his predictions seems to have been destroyed by the direction this manga has gone in.
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 20:40   Link #904
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Just because one person somehow thinks Beelzebub and Medaka Box are along the same breath doesn't mean they are. Give it a go and the ratings speak for itself.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 21:15   Link #905
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
^ Correct, they shouldn't be in the same catagory, not in the least.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 22:56   Link #906
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Whats beezlebub? If its as big crap as medaka then I am not sure if I want to know.
Beelzebub is about the strongest thug around who through a twist of fate becomes the father that has to raise the future king of hell whos job is to wipe out mankind. And in return Oga ( the main guy ) gains Baby B's powers. Baby B's wet nurse comes to live with Oga to make sure the job is done right.

Its in no shape or form the same as Medaka Box. Sure they made Oga appear over powered, but not in the sense as Medaka. Hilda (the wet nurse) is stronger than Oga. And powerful enemies are making their appearance currently.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 23:00   Link #907
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

If the manga sucks so bad why does this thread have 46 pages?
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 23:16   Link #908
Jourdal

Because the concept was interesting and we hoped and prayed it would eventually find it's way back to that concept, or as close as possible.

And because people LOVE to complain, basic part of human nature.

Last edited by Jourdal; 2009-09-20 at 23:38.
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 23:21   Link #909
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Because we are still holding out the remote chance that the manga will correct itself. I still like Medaka, but I find little to like about other characters and the lack of direction. That, or the day Unzen becomes the VP, then screw it.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 00:19   Link #910
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
If the manga sucks so bad why does this thread have 46 pages?
Yeah, I understand how people feel about it right now and they want to express their thoughts about it. But goddamn 46 pages mostly about how bad it is, I mean come on.

It's 19 chapters in, if it's that bad, it's not to late jump off the wagon. Then this thread would be able to die and people can forget that they ever read this manga altogether.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 03:50   Link #911
Westlo
Lets be reality

This thread reminds me of Dragonaut.. except bashing Dragonaut was at least fun where as I see this as completely pointless. If it's so bad why continue watching it? I mean lol @ this nearly having two times the amount of posts as Beezlebub which is generally regarded as the hit manga of 2009.

Why continue reading? You think it's going back to it's original premise? Are you dumb? How many chapters do you need before you realize it's not going to be what you thought it was going to be? There's heaps of great manga out there, why waste time with this? I know I'm not.

Anyway Medaka's back in the bottom 5 for this week's TOC, from mangahelpers.

Quote:
Issue 44=Bottom 6

Akaboshi
Wajima
Ane Dokii
Psyren
Medaka
Kagijin
I still doubt they will move to cancel it until they see sales figures for the first manga volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
To reiterate my position on Hitagi, lol at 'Bakemonogatari isn't as good without Senjougahara'. Also rage. Fuck this retarded idolization of a psycho girl, ok? Just enjoy what else the series offers: Senjougahara alone isn't nearly likeable/interesting enough to carry it by herself.
I thought episode 9 was one of the better episodes of the series (easily the best starting ep for an arc so far), way better than the majority of stuff you see in shows liked by people in this thread whining about the lack of Hitagi... was fing lolz to see half the posts complaining about the lack of Hitagi.

Sad thing is that all these people crying about the lack of Hitagi will be praising the show with tears rolling down their faces after episode 12 I also suggest these people don't bother with the SHAFT sequels to come... if SHAFT combine the prequel for Koyomi with the 2010 prequel for Tsubasa than you're going to get people whining every single episode...

Last edited by Westlo; 2009-09-21 at 04:51.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 05:58   Link #912
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Hmmm... I think our calculations may have been off last week and this chapter was the one with the yuri kiss. Chapter 8 I believe is the first ranked chapter, so if chapter 8 is based off chapter 1, then 19 would be based off 12. That means the kiss failed badly. Next week I expect better rankings due to Kikaijima and Zen lovin' with very little Medaka to be found. I've noticed that the popular chapters are ones that either don't feature Medaka much or have her losing in some way (last week was higher and had the council losing).
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 06:36   Link #913
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Why continue reading? You think it's going back to it's original premise? Are you dumb? How many chapters do you need before you realize it's not going to be what you thought it was going to be? There's heaps of great manga out there, why waste time with this? I know I'm not.

Anyway Medaka's back in the bottom 5 for this week's TOC, from mangahelpers.
You know how they say - hope is the mother of fools.

Seems like was wrong - I was predicting Medaka to say out of bottom five this week since Kika's chapter (that followed the Yuri kiss) was rather fun.

But seems like this manga can only be saved by yuri orgies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I thought episode 9 was one of the better episodes of the series (easily the best starting ep for an arc so far), way better than the majority of stuff you see in shows liked by people in this thread whining about the lack of Hitagi... was fing lolz to see half the posts complaining about the lack of Hitagi.
People have their preferences, as an adult you should learn to respect that and live with that.

KLGChaos, calculation is not off.

#31 - Chapter 1 ratings
#32 - Ch 2
#33 - Ch 3
#34 - Ch 4
#35 - Ch 5
#36 - Ch 6
#37-38 - Ch 7
#39 - Ch 8
#40 - Ch 9
#41 - Ch 10
#42 - Ch 11
#43 - Ch 12 (Yuri kiss, Medaka out of bottom 5)
#44 - Ch 13 (Kika chapter Medaka back to tanking)

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-09-21 at 06:48.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 09:30   Link #914
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jourdal View Post
Me and arturro has a bet and his predictions seems to have been destroyed by the direction this manga has gone in.
There is still a ray of hope for me - it's possible Medaka Box won't survive till chapter 27 :P

Contrary to most posters in this thread I think MB is improving. Since I've accepted that MB is a supernatural manga I could stomach Medaka or Unzen superhuman abilities. Also I think that introductionary chapters are almost over - only vicepresident has to be introduced. All 4 Medaka special abilities have been shown, almost all characters have been introducet, so soon real plot should started.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 09:37   Link #915
Cinocard

And what will the real plot be about?

The manga has received so many negative comments in turning into a battle manga. And if the "real" plot you are talking about were going to be a battle between the student council and the "13," I dunno if it would ever help.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 09:59   Link #916
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
And what will the real plot be about?

The manga has received so many negative comments in turning into a battle manga. And if the "real" plot you are talking about were going to be a battle between the student council and the "13," I dunno if it would ever help.
I doubt it'll be a battle manga, thought some fights might occur. In chapter 18 author explained Medaka motivation. She wants to be helpfull, because she is insecure, she need some love. In chapter 19 Zenkichi role was explained - his real duty is not to protect Medaka, she is a superwoman, she doesn't need it. He has to protect others from Medaka. Medaka has a tendency to became evil.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 10:10   Link #917
Dark Mage

Beelzebub is on a whole different level than Medaka Box. Its ridiculous to even compare them when the rankings speak for themselves. Even Beelzebub being ab action, comedy has more character development than Medaka box and on top of it it will always make you laugh with the battles and Oga is just awesome and he gets his ass kicked too and depends on his friend unlike Medaka. Medaka started as a romantic school life, which later turned into something entirely different that can be considered as trash
Old 2009-09-21, 20:40   Link #918
Wrath88
Kissing...

The feeling I get from this is that it'll be short. Can't exactly throw out names of what I'd consider on the same length as this, but Double Arts perhaps? Medaka seems to have shown all of her four trumps, and it feels like that is it.
Old 2009-09-22, 09:08   Link #919
KLGChaos
The Shermain

We'll see. Next week should be the end of this whole fighting arc, so something new should start... unless he's run out of ideas already. I just don't see this working as a battle manga and I'm not sure if they'll ever be able to go back to it being a school life manga about a suggestion box. So, he'll have to come up with something completely different, which will once again confuse the readers and have us scratching our heads over what he wants to do with the manga.
Old 2009-09-22, 10:48   Link #920
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth

Send a message via MSN to K3cT
Who cares about Senjougahara when we have an awesome pscyho catwoman stalker and a jailbait now?

This manga has been going up and down. I thought the previous chapter was a tad better than the norm but chapter 19 has disappointed me again. Still like a lot of us here, I'm probably going to turn on my masochist mode and stay with this trainwreck until the very end.
K3cT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council