AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-09, 16:01   Link #3561
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Base on those screenshots from that blog, it seems that each episode will focus on the idols that are feature in the game. Looks like the loli episode is going to be magical.

Regarding those Cafe merchandise, you can at least buy the folding fans at AmiAmi which are still available:

Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 22:50   Link #3562
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
This screenshot Shiny Festa !!!!
Me gusta...
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-11169.html
HNNNGH--!!!!!! You nearly killed me posting that link!!!!!!! *tries desperately to stop the nose bleed* I dont know whether to be happy or sad...I say "sad' because I think I would've been really thrilled to see those scenes when I actually got the game. Then again, that would probably stop my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
It's interesting, because the game's version of ALIVE is about a third of the length, but Tomatsu Haruka sings a LOT better in the game. If you have a listen to the album version, she seems to struggle hitting notes, probably because she has to force herself to sing in Ai's ecstatic voice.

Dearly Stars was pretty damn awesome, I agree. Make sure you finish up Ryo's story too, since it's nice as well. As for "HELLO!!", I'd love to see it too. While we're at it, how about "Happeace"?

Chihaya is an absolute angel.
Really? I cant really tell since I'm playing Dearly Stars on a DSLite, not the best sound quality. Personally I think that the album version is just fine. I'm TRYING to finish Ryo's route but I'm not just that motivated. Although I do want to listen to Ai and Eri's version of "Dazzling World".

...and "Chihaya is an absolute angel"? We already knew that.

...*sigh* why did they have to group Yayoi with Ritsuko and the Producer in the Namasukka Special 03 CD? I'm not a huge Ritsuko fan and I could care less about the Producer. Seriously, if they were gonna throw him into the mix they may as well have done a CD with Kotori, Producer, and President Takagi. That would've been an interesting mix.

...and if I offended any Ritsuko fans, I offer these pics as an apology.
Spoiler for pics:

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2012-08-09 at 23:03.
shinku no kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 10:43   Link #3563
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

All the pimp work got her pooped out. :3

edit: Glorious and large volume 7 and 9 covers

Spoiler:
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 15:54   Link #3564
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
It's interesting, because the game's version of ALIVE is about a third of the length, but Tomatsu Haruka sings a LOT better in the game. If you have a listen to the album version, she seems to struggle hitting notes, probably because she has to force herself to sing in Ai's ecstatic voice.
Yes, I completely agree. Tomatsu Haruka is an excellent singer, but most of her songs in DREAM SYMPHONY 03 were just bad. ALIVE's M@STER version started out really weak but got better as it went along. GO MY WAY!!, Watashi wa Idol, and Hanamaru made me cringe because her forced singing. HELLO! is just okay.

Quote:
Takane singing a ClariS song would have been amazing. Ah well. As for Ryo's outfit, I do agree for the most part. However, I think on certain stages (like the UFO stage), it's more fun than distracting. It's kind of like the colour changing clothes that come with the "CHANGE!!!!" DLC.
I like the color changing clothes a lot. In fact, I use those clothes in a lot of my requests. The dresses only change color once, though, unlike the Starry clothes which flash lights constantly.

Quote:
Nope, not at all. Considering these play counts AFTER iTunes wiped my last counts, it definitely shows that I still listen to this song. A LOT.
Spoiler for More like...iTunesM@STER:
I don't really like iD:[OL] that much for the same reason I don't like Honey Heartbeat. Anything resembling rap is not my thing.

According to iTunes, the iM@S songs I listen to the most are Overmaster, shiny smile, Me ga Au Toki, I'm so free!, Looking for Love, and HEART AND SOUL.
Old 2012-08-10, 16:19   Link #3565
JohnNiles

*gasp* But... Idolmaster rap is the best!

Those last 3 songs... I don't think I recognize them.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 16:43   Link #3566
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Yes, I completely agree. Tomatsu Haruka is an excellent singer, but most of her songs in DREAM SYMPHONY 03 were just bad. ALIVE's M@STER version started out really weak but got better as it went along. GO MY WAY!!, Watashi wa Idol, and Hanamaru made me cringe because her forced singing. HELLO! is just okay.
Well I wouldn't call it cringe-worthy, but it's certainly not at her best potential, that's all. It's just a little strange to hear the contrast between this and something like...say, "Motto Hade ni Ne!".

Quote:
I like the color changing clothes a lot. In fact, I use those clothes in a lot of my requests. The dresses only change color once, though, unlike the Starry clothes which flash lights constantly.
As do I. Now if they weren't so damned expensive...

Aside from that, it was just an example. I just think it all depends on coordinating stages with outfits and idols, which is actually part of the game anyways. You can make pretty much anything work with some clever configuration.

Quote:
I don't really like iD:[OL] that much for the same reason I don't like Honey Heartbeat. Anything resembling rap is not my thing.

According to iTunes, the iM@S songs I listen to the most are Overmaster, shiny smile, Me ga Au Toki, I'm so free!, Looking for Love, and HEART AND SOUL.
Ah, fair enough. I'm not really a huge fan of "Honey Heartbeat" myself. Your favourites are definitely vastly different from mine; they focus on a different genre than my favourites, which are "Ah~Yokatta (Iori)", "Hoshi no Kakera wa Sagashi ni Ikou Again (Chihaya)", "Seikan Hikou (Makoto Cover)", "Danketsu", and "Juumon wo Ageru yo". Seems I drift more into the light rock/pop/jazz genres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
Those last 3 songs... I don't think I recognize them.
"I'm so Free!" is a club-style song with an intriguing tune to it. It's on the "PERFECT IDOL 01" set.

"Looking For Love" is an upbeat rock song on the "Vocal Collection 02" album. To my recollection it features both Haruka and Hibiki.

"HEART and SOUL" is actually part of the "iDOLM@STER STATION" album, which features the seiyuu for Hibiki, Takane and Yukiho, I believe. This album isn't technically tied into the iDOLM@STER universe in any way, but it brandishes the iM@S title, so it's certainly intended to be a part of it overall.
Old 2012-08-10, 17:19   Link #3567
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Ah, fair enough. I'm not really a huge fan of "Honey Heartbeat" myself. Your favourites are definitely vastly different from mine; they focus on a different genre than my favourites, which are "Ah~Yokatta (Iori)", "Hoshi no Kakera wa Sagashi ni Ikou Again (Chihaya)", "Seikan Hikou (Makoto Cover)", "Danketsu", and "Juumon wo Ageru yo". Seems I drift more into the light rock/pop/jazz genres.
While I prefer more serious songs most of the time, I like a lot of lighthearted songs too. Kosmos, Cosmos and LOBM are some of my favorites along with THE iDOLM@STER and Tip Taps Tip. Iori's DIAMOND and Project Fairy's Colorful Days are also pretty good.

Quote:
"I'm so Free!" is a club-style song with an intriguing tune to it. It's on the "PERFECT IDOL 01" set.

"Looking For Love" is an upbeat rock song on the "Vocal Collection 02" album. To my recollection it features both Haruka and Hibiki.

"HEART and SOUL" is actually part of the "iDOLM@STER STATION" album, which features the seiyuu for Hibiki, Takane and Yukiho, I believe. This album isn't technically tied into the iDOLM@STER universe in any way, but it brandishes the iM@S title, so it's certainly intended to be a part of it overall.
I'm so free! is so lighthearted and catchy. I really can't get it out of my head sometimes. It's sung by three of my favorite characters too.

Looking for Love is Haruka and Miki, actually. I really like it because it's one of the rare songs where Haruka gets serious in her singing. The solo version is good too.

HEART AND SOUL is part of the radio album Nouvelle Vague. I know it's not really well known, though. The covers on the radio albums aren't good, but the original songs are great.
Old 2012-08-10, 17:46   Link #3568
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
While I prefer more serious songs most of the time, I like a lot of lighthearted songs too. Kosmos, Cosmos and LOBM are some of my favorites along with THE iDOLM@STER and Tip Taps Tip. Iori's DIAMOND and Project Fairy's Colorful Days are also pretty good.
There's just a ton of great songs overall, which is why it's nice. They even span over a wide variety of genres, so it's hard for people to say they entirely hate the soundtrack.

Quote:
I'm so free! is so lighthearted and catchy. I really can't get it out of my head sometimes. It's sung by three of my favorite characters too.
Yeah, the PERFECT IDOL tracks seem to always keep a steady record of quality.

Quote:
Looking for Love is Haruka and Miki, actually. I really like it because it's one of the rare songs where Haruka gets serious in her singing. The solo version is good too.
Ah, is that so? I must have made a mistake since I just kinda looked at the Vocal Collection 02 cover. -.-

HEART AND SOUL is part of the radio album Nouvelle Vague. I know it's not really well known, though. The covers on the radio albums aren't good, but the original songs are great.[/QUOTE]
Right, "Nouvelle Vague" is the actual name of the album, isn't it?
Old 2012-08-10, 18:19   Link #3569
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That's a pretty awesome song, I didn't know those albums had some good ones.
Old 2012-08-10, 18:25   Link #3570
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Check all of the iM@S albums out. I know it's a bit tedious, but they're usually more hit than miss.
Old 2012-08-10, 21:00   Link #3571
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
*snip*
Just picked up HEART and SOUL to give it a listen and it is indeed a very interesting track but I can't say it's one my favourites. It sounds like a song I might grow to enjoy even though it didn't strike mas as fantastic right up front. Thanks for the hint

Also: I had completely forgot that there were iDOLM@STER covers of Tip Taps Tip. Miki's version is so damned cute! Haruka's version is very nice as well and I think I finally found a track by Hibiki alone that I actually enjoy for a change.

The iDOLM@STER gigantic collection of songs is indeed pretty overwhelming at first but there's something for everyone in there. A few of my pet favourites are Chihaya's Arcadia (the Bossa Nova mix in particular), KisS by Project Fairy, My Song played by Chihaya, Iori and Asuza, Sora by Kotori and obviously Aoi Tori by Chihaya. Hell, there's actually plenty of other tracks I enjoy like Yukiho's rendition of Kosmos, Kosmos and Precog by Eri from 876 Pro but if I carried on listing them we would never get out of here.

PS: also, make sure to listen to Iori's rendition of Ren'ai Circulation. It's incredibly close to reaching the lethal levels of Moe of the original.
Old 2012-08-10, 21:04   Link #3572
JohnNiles

Ah, wait, Tip Taps Tip is a cover?? Who is the original artist?

I'll look into the other songs a little later, if they're on Youtube or something.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 21:17   Link #3573
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
It's a cover of one of the Eureka Seven EDs by HALCALI. And that reminds me that Chihaya's rendition of Rise (Ghost In The Shell OP) is pretty good as well. And don't forget the Sailor Moon OP done by Haruka which is worth mentioning even if just for this:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2012-08-10, 21:17   Link #3574
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

edit: Dextro beat me to it.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 21:24   Link #3575
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Just picked up HEART and SOUL to give it a listen and it is indeed a very interesting track but I can't say it's one my favourites. It sounds like a song I might grow to enjoy even though it didn't strike mas as fantastic right up front. Thanks for the hint

Also: I had completely forgot that there were iDOLM@STER covers of Tip Taps Tip. Miki's version is so damned cute! Haruka's version is very nice as well and I think I finally found a track by Hibiki alone that I actually enjoy for a change.

The iDOLM@STER gigantic collection of songs is indeed pretty overwhelming at first but there's something for everyone in there. A few of my pet favourites are Chihaya's Arcadia (the Bossa Nova mix in particular), KisS by Project Fairy, My Song played by Chihaya, Iori and Asuza, Sora by Kotori and obviously Aoi Tori by Chihaya. Hell, there's actually plenty of other tracks I enjoy like Yukiho's rendition of Kosmos, Kosmos and Precog by Eri from 876 Pro but if I carried on listing them we would never get out of here.

PS: also, make sure to listen to Iori's rendition of Ren'ai Circulation. It's incredibly close to reaching the lethal levels of Moe of the original.
Those are fantastic songs indeed. Many say Precog is slow and kind of boring, but nothing's ever boring with Hanazawa Kana around. Silly people!

Speaking of HanaKana, I personally find Iori's version far from the original- it doesn't come close. Not saying it's bad (because Kugimiya's voice is always amazing), but that song was meant for HanaKana, in my opinion.

Quote:

I'll look into the other songs a little later, if they're on Youtube or something.
Tip Taps Tip was the 3rd ending to Eureka 7, I believe. It was by HALCALI, who actually had a song on "Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z" that I used to listen to all the time. It's not too easy to find all the songs on YouTube, unfortunately. I'd try a discography or something. *whistles*

And since you people are so fast, here's a small list of iDOLM@STER cover songs that are fantastic:

- Namida no Hurricane (by Miki), originally by Naja [Get Backers ED2]
- Seikan Hikou (by Makoto), originally by Nakajima Megumi [Macross Frontier Insert Song]
- Hoshi no Kakera wo Sagashi ni Ikou Again (by Chihaya, Makoto or Takane), originally by fukumimi
- Cutey Honey (by Takane), originally by Yoko Maekawa [Cutie Honey OP]
- Moonlight Densetsu (by Haruka), originally by DALI [Sailor Moon OP]
- Kanashimi yo Konnichiwa (by Haruka), originally by Saitou Yuki [Maison Ikkoku OP]
- Tori no Uta (by Chihaya), originally by Lia [AIR TV OP]
- Egao no Genki (by Ami/Mami), originally by Kawakami Motoko [Hime-chan no Ribbon OP]
- Sekai de Ichiban Ganbatteru Kimi ni (by Haruka), originally by HARCO
- Tsuki no Waltz (by Takane), originally by Isayama Mio
- Yume no Naka e (by Mami), originally by Enomoto Atsuko/Suzuki Chihiro [Karekano ED]
- Valentine Kiss (by Iori), originally by Sayuri Kokusho [Covered also in Prince of Tennis]
- Omoide ga Ippai (by Ami), originally by CoCo [Ranma 1/2 OP3]
- Sorairo Days (by Ritsuko), originally by Nakagawa Shouko [Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann OP]

And naturally, there's more. Gotta find 'em all!

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2012-08-10 at 21:49.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 21:31   Link #3576
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Speaking of HanaKana, I personally find Iori's version far from the original- it doesn't come close. Not saying it's bad (because Kugimiya's voice is always amazing), but that song was meant for HanaKana, in my opinion.
Can't argue much there. Hanazawa Kana does, like I said, bring lethal levels of moe to that song. It's one of those songs that completely breaks down my defences, it's my kryptonite.
Old 2012-08-10, 21:39   Link #3577
Julio C
Bury My Shell

I already have over 17 GB of selected iDOLM@STER albums and that's just a fraction of the entire collection. I haven't even finish listening to all the ones I got. Getting more just makes it more unbearable.

There are a lot of songs I do like a lot, but too many to list.
Old 2012-08-10, 21:57   Link #3578
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Can't argue much there. Hanazawa Kana does, like I said, bring lethal levels of moe to that song. It's one of those songs that completely breaks down my defences, it's my kryptonite.
It's EVERYONE's kryptonite. And if anyone says it isn't, they're either lying or completely soulless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I already have over 17 GB of selected iDOLM@STER albums and that's just a fraction of the entire collection. I haven't even finish listening to all the ones I got. Getting more just makes it more unbearable.

There are a lot of songs I do like a lot, but too many to list.
17 GB? What, do you have several full albums in lossless format, because that's a LOT. Either way, it shouldn't be unbearable, it should be an adventure! I LOVE sifting through tons of music, realizing it's been hours since I started, but coming out with a bunch of songs I'll enjoy for a long time.
Old 2012-08-10, 22:06   Link #3579
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Yes they are in lossless format. Still it's a lot. Right now I picked some ones that I haven't listen and they don't disappoint. It's fun discovering new hits. I'm surprise Hibiki has some great ones from the Master Artist 2: Season 1.

The iDOLM@STER collection I have already topple my K-ON collection and it probably double it already.
Old 2012-08-11, 16:33   Link #3580
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I'm surprise Hibiki has some great ones from the Master Artist 2: Season 1.
You're surprised?

Check out the song "Haru" on the MASTER SPECIAL SPRING album; it's by Hibiki and is just lovely. The title truly fits the tune in this case.

Quote:
The iDOLM@STER collection I have already topple my K-ON collection and it probably double it already.
Yeah, to be fair K-ON didn't exactly release close to as many songs as iDOLM@STER did. To continue being fair, K-ON also doesn't cover songs (aside from Tsubasa wo Kudasai), so in terms of original songs it keeps up pretty well. iDOLM@STER has been around for much, much longer as well.

EDIT: HOLY SHET
Spoiler for Open me. FOR THE LOVE OF MOE, OPEN ME:

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s