AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-27, 17:41   Link #21
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

I can see another risk with releasing the game in the west now. Reverese importing.

PD being a musical game has no language barrier and people naturally, Japanese included, will tend to go for the cheapeset possible edition. Which will of course eat into Sega's profit margin.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 17:50   Link #22
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I can see another risk with releasing the game in the west now. Reverese importing.

PD being a musical game has no language barrier and people naturally, Japanese included, will tend to go for the cheapeset possible edition. Which will of course eat into Sega's profit margin.
if they do released it. i expect it for next year anyway

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 17:58   Link #23
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

Which is why I say they should just bundle in subs and sell it as an export product, priced in yen.
Old 2012-07-27, 18:32   Link #24
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Which is why I say they should just bundle in subs and sell it as an export product, priced in yen.
What does seem to go aganist the whole point of western localization, if you ask me.

You know what might work here ? A "Best Of" complilation featuring selected tracks from the 2 previous PSP titles released digitally for the PS3 using the Dreamy Theater graphics.
Old 2012-07-27, 18:48   Link #25
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
What does seem to go aganist the whole point of western localization, if you ask me.
If you mean "accessing the entire Western market", then no. Miku cannot do that. Diva cannot compete with global franchises. This is a niche product, and should be marketed as one. There is NO millions of potential customers in the West for Diva games. Low cost subs and word of mouth marketing is the only way to stay profitable.
Old 2012-07-27, 19:11   Link #26
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
If you mean "accessing the entire Western market", then no. Miku cannot do that. Diva cannot compete with global franchises. This is a niche product, and should be marketed as one. There is NO millions of potential customers in the West for Diva games. Low cost subs and word of mouth marketing is the only way to stay profitable.
Perhaps I should have used the word "translation" or "interpretation". It's like what Klashikari said, comprehension of the lyrics isn't essential to enjoying the game itself. The selections in the menu can be understood by trial-and-error.

If you really want to know everything in regards to the songs, I'm sure that translations of the lyrics had already been done before as majority of them are released free on the net prior ro being featured in the game.
Old 2012-08-09, 22:57   Link #27
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Moar Costume

Images

Old 2012-08-17, 10:51   Link #28
videoman190

some new updates!

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/17...aloid-renders/

YouTube

YouTube
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 13:24   Link #29
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

For those who missed that, Black Rock Shoot is part of the playlist (quite surprising it took them so long to put it in PD series)

YouTube

However, for some weird reasons, Tell your World isn't in there... perhaps a DLC.
Old 2012-08-29, 13:31   Link #30
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Well....plenty of the Arcade songs aren't in there too....like Nightmare Party Night for example
Old 2012-08-29, 13:33   Link #31
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm actually not surprised there isn't that much songs from the arcade, in order to make both series worthwhile (even if the gameplay is quite different).
That said, "mainstream" hits being not included is sort of weird (BRS being introduced only starting with f, but not in 1, 2nd or Extend was rather odd already).
Old 2012-08-29, 16:07   Link #32
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Got my copy of the game today in the mail from Play Asia. I've only played through the tutoral (to learn about the touch screen functions that will be utilzed in the game) and one song so far, but I do plan to play more later tonight.
Old 2012-08-29, 23:03   Link #33
VampirePaladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Got my copy of the game today in the mail from Play Asia. I've only played through the tutoral (to learn about the touch screen functions that will be utilzed in the game) and one song so far, but I do plan to play more later tonight.
Are any of the derivatives in it?
VampirePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 23:26   Link #34
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm actually not surprised there isn't that much songs from the arcade, in order to make both series worthwhile (even if the gameplay is quite different).
That said, "mainstream" hits being not included is sort of weird (BRS being introduced only starting with f, but not in 1, 2nd or Extend was rather odd already).
I laugh at the Arcade version being "worthwhile" ...

It's far harder than the console versions and over here, it costs 2SGD per play.

But it's just too addicting...

Sega sure knows how to drain the cash of Vocaloid fans T__T
Old 2012-08-30, 08:23   Link #35
Seihai
スマイリウム

A team member of mine from Phantasy Star Online 2 recorded Hatsune Miku's ingame collab event. Enjoy.

From another player but better audio quality and more Miku fangasm:
Old 2012-08-30, 08:36   Link #36
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I laugh at the Arcade version being "worthwhile" ...

It's far harder than the console versions and over here, it costs 2SGD per play.
at least, you DO have the Arcade available. And obviously, what I meant is that both versions shouldn't share too much songs, as to make them appealing for their respective content, even if the gameplay and difficulty are different.
Old 2012-09-14, 10:48   Link #37
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I should have expected that since the Vita thread is as dead as this one, but to that extent...

Anyway, picked up a cheap vita and received my copy of Diva f last monday, and this is definitely the best title of the franchise.
The Diva Team wasn't joking about the new engine and it is really smooth with toncrap of new animation that make most PV impossible to replicate on previous PSP ones. Facial expressions are vastly improved as well, with unexpected ones (such like tears etc).
The only problem with the graphics, however, is the extremely weird and annoying blurr you have with the characters model in the menus and diva room. They are perfectly fine in the PV, but outside, they look like... well, as if the resolution took a huge dive.

I've seen no framerate drop or any weird off synch notes whatsoever (as usual I guess), and the game kept its difficulty progression curve in check (although I didn't try any extreme yet, currently perfect all easy/normal and going for hard mode).
I'm not really a big fan of the scratch feature, as I often had the obnoxious surprise of having failed input, because the touch screens require a certain "rubbing way" for the game to validate the input (and thus fails at time when the screen become "greasy" due to fingerprints). Also, I have no idea if other players have the same issue, but since the back touch screen is a bit sensible, I cannot set the game using it for the input as non scratch part becomes a chore with a spam of the "scratch note sfx" should you move your fingers a bit. Thus, forced to use the front screen, which can impair your vision obviously...

Content wise, they could obviously put a lil more songs in there (32 tracks is a bit on the low end, especially if you consider the plateform), and I don't get why they put World is Mine and 3 others songs in the AR Live (along with the choregraphy) yet didn't include them as playable tracks.
That said, it goes without saying the tracklist is great, with a good blend of popular songs and niche ones, covering a large choice of genre (Switching between ODDS&ENDS and Sadistic Music Factory is a good example of that), and the PV are a real treat to the eyes: the "writing" and camera angles complement quite well the rythm and lyrics of the songs (ODDS&ENDS and Time Machine are just perfect in that regard). It is just a shame the PV mode does -not- allow you to pause or take screenshot with the game, as you can only enable/disable lyrics (so if you want to take a shot, you will have to use the vita default Home + Start, which is annoying since pausing the game will display the pause menu).

Likewise, they did a good job with all new modules, but pretty much like the songs, it is sort of lackluster (especially if you were spoiled by Diva Extend, which had 3 digits of modules), and I can't say the accessories make up for them, considering they don't exactly change that much the module you are editing.

Edit mode engine had a tremendous boost, and while I have little experience to use it, some result on niconico sure demonstrate how creative you can be with that. However, the problem with edit mode is that, due to the inherent change of save data with the Vita, Sega had to create a edit file sharing mode, and this one doesn't work well as there is absolutely no search engine. As result, you have to either input the uploader ID to see their tracks, or navigate through -hundreds- of pages of edit file, and that includes dud, empty ones (used for the trophy) and other dubious stuff around. So if you want tell your world for example, you have no choice but to check pages and hoping you won't end up with a lame one, or go through niconico, as some people start uploading their PV and put all the information you need.

AR mode and Diva Room are a bag of mixed feelings for me OTOH. AR mode suffers a lot due to a factor that isn't part of the game: the vita camera. Really, you can take a lot of funny shots here and there, but the camera is so bad that you better be lucky that the background isn't messed big time.
Diva room didn't exactly change that much from the previous games, aside of few mini games additions. However, interactions with the vocaloids are -extremely- lackluster, and petting their heads doesn't exactly feel right at some point (especially if you do that with "older" char, like Kaito, Meiko and Luka). Of course, I didn't expect something elaborate considering it is a rythm game at its core, but the feature itself is just pointless.

A lot of efforts has been poured in the game, and any project diva or rythm game fan should try it out, as it is definitely a solid game. It sure has few flaws left and right, but that's minor compared to blast you can have with it.

My current Top 10 songs (not factoring their difficulty/gameplay):
01) ODDS&ENDS
02) ネトゲ廃人シュプレヒコール (Netge Haijin Spechror - Netgame Addicts Sprechror)
03) World End Dancehall
04) Unhappy Refrain
05) Black Rock Shooter
06) 秘密警察 (Himitsu Keisatsu - Secret Police)
07) Freely Tomorrow
08) Cat Food
09) Melancholic
10) ACUTE

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-09-14 at 11:01.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 10:53   Link #38
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i heard there is some problem with lip sync. do you experienced it?

Old 2012-09-14, 11:04   Link #39
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I didn't really pay attention that much, but I really didn't get a feeling that you got a lot of lip sync going off. Might as well watch the pv again later.
Old 2012-09-14, 15:59   Link #40
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

On the lack of songs and modules: anyone expect that this is due to this being the first Project Diva game for the Vita, with the second Project Diva game going to be similar to the second one for the PSP? In other words:

1. All the songs and modules from the first Vita game will be in the second game along with the new songs and modules;

2. If you have a save file of the first game, then all the modules you've unlocked and "currency" that you currently have in the first game will be available right from the start in the second game.