AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-03-27, 01:28   Link #181
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

hmmm, the trailer did not enhance my anticipation... but then most trailers don't. Its like they go out of their way to make crappy uninspiring previews.

So far it looks mildly interesting but not something that has me excited. I'll give it a look of course. I'd say that Kyoani is playing it too safe... but then if they were playing it REALLY safe we'd be seeing another season of L*S or SHnY on the queue....
Old 2009-03-27, 02:14   Link #182
mikoo
Banned

I don't remember Nagisa ever playing guitar

Is K-On! replacing the Clannad time slot?
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 02:55   Link #183
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I believe so. I seem to recall it going being on at the same time and day of the week as Clannad...at least on TBS.
Old 2009-03-27, 03:00   Link #184
Westlo
Lets be reality

Second trailer dropped my enthusiasm for the show by a bit...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 04:23   Link #185
animeffs13240
V for Victory

read a little of the manga but it didn't peak my interest so i think i might pass on the anime though it might look like coalguys will fansub this according to the poll on their website i prefer if they did natsu no arashi (sry to get off topic)
Old 2009-03-27, 05:54   Link #186
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
I don't remember Nagisa ever playing guitar

Yes. The advert after Clannad AS 24 ends shows that.

Chihiro is subbing too, but it is a pity they are phasing out avis at such an economic downturn (I HAVE TO PUT OFF BUYING A NEW PC DAMMIT).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 06:17   Link #187
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
So, it will be shitty quality again?
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 06:34   Link #188
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Well, I have Guin Saga on my scale of higher expectations. However, KyoAni usually plays it safe so K-On will be harmless unless you are one puking on your cereals at the mere thought of "moé" in your favorite industry and get defiled in the rectal area by President Aria everytime a new s-o-lcomedymoe anime is released. In the other hand, Guin Saga for me is a riskier bet because I absolutely liked the original source and absolutely fear the adaptation decay syndrome. So the disappointment I may feel from K-On may be less than what I would feel from Guin Saga if it turns out not as I hoped.

It will be still my second choice for this incoming anime season.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 06:45   Link #189
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Cmon K-On isn't that bad!

Mio is adorable!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 06:56   Link #190
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Cmon K-On isn't that bad!

Mio is adorable!
I will give it a try. I am just not expecting much.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 09:38   Link #191
E_I
Yuri fan

Mio is adorable. Hell, they're all adorable. This show is my most anticipated of the Spring season.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 09:48   Link #192
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I haven't watch the trailer for K-ON! yet, but looking at it, I'm expecting that it will be just as good as Kanagi and/or Lucky Star...
Old 2009-03-27, 14:35   Link #193
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Well, I have Guin Saga on my scale of higher expectations. However, KyoAni usually plays it safe so K-On will be harmless unless you are one puking on your cereals at the mere thought of "moé" in your favorite industry and get defiled in the rectal area by President Aria everytime a new s-o-lcomedymoe anime is released. In the other hand, Guin Saga for me is a riskier bet because I absolutely liked the original source and absolutely fear the adaptation decay syndrome. So the disappointment I may feel from K-On may be less than what I would feel from Guin Saga if it turns out not as I hoped.

It will be still my second choice for this incoming anime season.
And that was one of the more entertaining posts I've read today
Old 2009-03-27, 16:33   Link #194
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
So, it will be shitty quality again?
Raws will be, yes. TBS 4:3 shows are poor broadcast quality, typically.

And yes, it is replacing Clannad's timeslot, making me think it may be 24-26 episodes long, since that was previously occupied by TLR, which was previously occupied by Clannad. The one right before it has been the 12-13 episode series.

Saintess Heart: I may still be doing XviD versions for K-ON!. Still undecided.
Old 2009-03-27, 17:00   Link #195
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Thnx, Kristen. Bad news again. Sounds strange for me because KyoAni started making anime in HD after Kanon (you can find this info in jp wiki).
Old 2009-03-27, 17:04   Link #196
Midonin
Last Engage

The show's likely being made the same as it always was. It's more a case of the channel it's airing on.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 17:15   Link #197
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering that Clannad has a HD release three weeks after an episode airs on TBS, KyoAni is still making their shows in HD widescreen, but that isn't how the stations plan to run them unless or until they are mandated by the government to switch over the HDTV (which is suppose to happen in Japan in 2011). Thus if that is the case, you will only have high quality anime dumbed down by the stations for another two years, and then they can no longer pull that trick to get more DVD/BlueRay sales.
Old 2009-03-27, 17:30   Link #198
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Considering that Clannad has a HD release three weeks after an episode airs on TBS, KyoAni is still making their shows in HD widescreen, but that isn't how the stations plan to run them unless or until they are mandated by the government to switch over the HDTV (which is suppose to happen in Japan in 2011).
HD-release of Clannad ? Where ? I know only about widescreen.
Quote:
Thus if that is the case, you will only have high quality anime dumbed down by the stations for another two years, and then they can no longer pull that trick to get more DVD/BlueRay sales.
Well, I hope to see Kanon in HD. For current moment we have only three BD releases of KyoAni shows - Air, FMP Fumoffu and FMP TSR (too bad that first two titles are really upscaled, but as for TSR... it looks rather good).

Last edited by Littm; 2009-03-27 at 17:42.
Old 2009-03-27, 17:39   Link #199
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Considering that Clannad has a HD release three weeks after an episode airs on TBS, KyoAni is still making their shows in HD widescreen, but that isn't how the stations plan to run them unless or until they are mandated by the government to switch over the HDTV (which is suppose to happen in Japan in 2011). Thus if that is the case, you will only have high quality anime dumbed down by the stations for another two years, and then they can no longer pull that trick to get more DVD/BlueRay sales.
Clannad wasn't aired in HD. It was aired in SD upscaled by the station to 1440x1080, then downscaled again by the encoders. It's just WS on BS-i, not HD.
Old 2009-03-27, 19:34   Link #200
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Looks like TBS is trying to squeeze out every opportunity out of its evil marketing strategy before the inevitable 2011 crushes them.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen