AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-09-23, 20:02   Link #841
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

I remember seeing a translation. ... waitaminute, here: http://zero-quality.livejournal.com/52432.html

@blade, yeah, that's better. I was gonna suggest Stalin, actually.
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 20:09   Link #842
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
This line in praticular made my eyes wide
Quote:
Lelouch admitted there may be other ways. There are many other ways for the case in removing Schneizel and other obstacles but that was the only way for Lelouch. Mind/heart and reasoning are two different issues, he won’t consider other methods.
i guess this is a confirmation of what i have been accusing him of
lelouch CHOSE to do zero-requiem because of his own ego
when he had other ways to go about stopping Schneizel
Old 2009-09-23, 20:25   Link #843
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
This line in praticular made my eyes wide

i guess this is a confirmation of what i have been accusing him of
lelouch CHOSE to do zero-requiem because of his own ego
when he had other ways to go about stopping Schneizel
It's likely others ways probably would have resulted in him either completely being a generous ruler of the world or the hero of the generation. And even stepping down would likely just give him a life of peace

In essence he likely wanted to be hated and dead.

But technically you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
@blade, yeah, that's better. I was gonna suggest Stalin, actually.
I suggest Genghis Khan
Old 2009-09-24, 03:02   Link #844
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Genghis Khan was hated by his enemies
but not so much by his own people
we need someone who was the bane of everyone
Old 2009-09-24, 05:23   Link #845
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
Genghis Khan was hated by his enemies
but not so much by his own people
we need someone who was the bane of everyone
That logic doesn't factor how much Stalin was loved by the Russians at the time. Many wept when he died.

And secondly as a conqueror Genghis actually conquered most of the known world.

But for less superficial reasons.

Here are some of my reasons and I've to be honest focused on mostly on Lelouch's character more than his demon Emperor reign

Spoiler for Wiki me this:
Old 2009-09-24, 05:59   Link #846
Paladinoras
Pancakes

You will never find any dictators quite like Lelouch, simply cause the dictators did not plan on dying right after they conquered what they wanted to conquer. Genghis Khan wanted eternal life, Hitler wanted an everlasting Reich, Stalin wanted communism, yadda, yadda, yadda, yet all Lelouch wanted was to die.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 12:36   Link #847
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
You will never find any dictators quite like Lelouch, simply cause the dictators did not plan on dying right after they conquered what they wanted to conquer. Genghis Khan wanted eternal life, Hitler wanted an everlasting Reich, Stalin wanted communism, yadda, yadda, yadda, yet all Lelouch wanted was to die.
Considering what had happened with the production of the second season, and the changes that they were forced to make because of the new timeslot, Taniguch decided to kill off Lelouch so that the series could not continue. The ending was done in a way that has caused a lot of outcry by the fans to Sunrise. As a result, sales have exploded on most Code Geass merchandise.

Thus, the chances that Code Geass will be given a remake is very good because Taniguchi wants to resume production of his original version for season two before he was forced to scrap it. And because this version is now public knowledge, the fans want to see it as well. For all we know, it might have been a much better season than the one we got. A lot of details were left unanswered. A remake of Code Geass R2 could answer most of them.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 12:40   Link #848
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Considering what had happened with the production of the second season, and the changes that they were forced to make because of the new timeslot, Taniguch decided to kill off Lelouch so that the series could not continue. The ending was done in a way that has caused a lot of outcry by the fans to Sunrise. As a result, sales have exploded on most Code Geass merchandise.
The Lelouch-Kabob wasn't a result of the time-slot changes; that was going to happen no matter what.
Old 2009-09-24, 14:29   Link #849
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

yeah, didn't Taniguchi say that they'd had the last episode planned from the very beginning? Lelouch was always supposed to become the Demon Emperor and be killed at Zero's hand.

(whoawhoa, hey, wait, does that mean that the female!Zero they'd planned for, Jeremiah's sister, was supposed to be the one to kill him, initially? o.o)
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 21:50   Link #850
darthfury78

The Demon Emperor was planned from the beginning. Just like Jeremiah was to have died in the first season, until they decided to scrap that idea. For all we know, the Demon Emperor could have been Schniezel. If they wanted to expand on Lelouch's story, they could have done so. The problem was that the second half of season two was rushed. Taniguchi might have envisioned the end, from the beginning. But he never envisioned that he would be forced to change the beginning and middle for Season 2 and gear it towards a younger audience.

There is still a very good chance that we will see a remake of Code Geass R2, if Taniguchi gets his way.
Old 2009-09-24, 23:10   Link #851
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
The Demon Emperor was planned from the beginning. Just like Jeremiah was to have died in the first season, until they decided to scrap that idea. For all we know, the Demon Emperor could have been Schniezel. If they wanted to expand on Lelouch's story, they could have done so. The problem was that the second half of season two was rushed. Taniguchi might have envisioned the end, from the beginning. But he never envisioned that he would be forced to change the beginning and middle for Season 2 and gear it towards a younger audience.

There is still a very good chance that we will see a remake of Code Geass R2, if Taniguchi gets his way.
As much as that would be nice, I am pretty sure that they would still kill off Lelouch, no matter what.

It would be interesting to see what happens though.

Old 2009-09-24, 23:58   Link #852
darthfury78

Quote:
As much as that would be nice, I am pretty sure that they would still kill off Lelouch, no matter what.

It would be interesting to see what happens though.
Then again, Lelouch could have died and inherited Charles' Code. However, the story went by too quickly for me to appreciate Code Geass R2. There is just too many things that I feel are missing, unlike Blue Gender or Cowboy Bebop. There aren't too many anime titles that has held my interest over the years. Although, there are a few that does. Code Geass was one of them because the First Season was geared at the mature latenight audience, which I enjoyed very much. Whereas, Season 2 was geared at a younger audience. The two sides don't add up, even it the ending is the same result.

We knew a little bit of C.C.'s past and how she got the Code from the Nun. In contrast, it was never explained on how V.V. got his Code, or what his real name was. Much less, his original geass powers. Who gave V.V. his geass, and how he managed to obtain his immortal code. Who was his mother that Charles had mentioned? How was the Geass Cult established? How did he meet C.C. x Marianne?

All of those elements were essential towards understanding the story of Geass. To me Code Geass was about C.C. and V.V., who represented the Code, while Charles, Marianne, and Lelouch represented the Geass. How did Marianne come to meeting up with C.C.and the original terms of their contract? Those questions were never answered in the Second Season.

Last edited by darthfury78; 2009-09-25 at 00:11.
Old 2009-09-25, 00:09   Link #853
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yes, because nothing says "Geared for younger audiences" quite like forcing people against their will to shoot themselves in the neck and destroying cities with pseudo-nuclear bombs and committing patricide and matricide and stabbing your friends with swords.

*coughs*

Code Geass R2 was meant for its original audience, it just got put on at a conflicting time.
Old 2009-09-25, 00:14   Link #854
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yes, because nothing says "Geared for younger audiences" quite like forcing people against their will to shoot themselves in the neck and destroying cities with pseudo-nuclear bombs and committing patricide and matricide and stabbing your friends with swords.

*coughs*

Code Geass R2 was meant for its original audience, it just got put on at a conflicting time.
If that was the case, then why was the staff forced to rewrite the original format of the story at a completely different audience? The Sunday 5PM timeslot was a deadend schedule, whereas the 7PM to 10PM timeslot has the largest audience watching. The DVD sales did very well because most of the First Season audience didn't see the Second season when it was broadcast on Sunday, since the most folks are not home in large numbers to see the show. The show was placed between a traveling variety show and the Sunday evening news. Thus, a lot of people didn't even know that the show was on.

I am sticking to my original theory that the timeslot that Code Geass R2 was placed into was meant to secure that timeslot for Gundam 00 for the Fall Season lineup because for that to happen, Sunrise needed another anime to secure the new 5PM timeslot for the Spring/Summer season lineup in order to gurantee that Gundam timeslot would not be lost to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood around that time.
Old 2009-09-25, 00:34   Link #855
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They had to change it so they don't alienate the new audience, so they didn't quite have to feel like they were coming in from the middle of a an ongoing story as much as they would had they not changed it. That doesn't mean they were abandoning the original audience entirely in favor of a new one.
Old 2009-09-25, 11:12   Link #856
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

The horse is dead, quit beating it into paste. This is the romance thread, not the "I think R2 is getting a remake" thread.
Old 2009-09-25, 13:22   Link #857
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No, but the subject of Code Geass R2 getting a remake is a dead horse. You're getting as bad as D-KLAC in Gundam 00's Romance Thread. Stop going insanely off-topic. If you start with romance discussion, stick with it. There's no need to go off on some tangent about something that doesn't have anything to do with the subject of the thread.
Old 2009-09-27, 01:33   Link #858
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Can't help LOLing.
Fukuyama and Koshimizu in Tegamibachi as Gauche and Aria.

Naka no Hito (the person within) paro FTW!
Old 2009-09-27, 03:25   Link #859
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Can't help LOLing.
Fukuyama and Koshimizu in Tegamibachi as Gauche and Aria.

Naka no Hito (the person within) paro FTW!
It's meant to be. Well, sort of.

Old 2009-09-27, 03:43   Link #860
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
It's meant to be. Well, sort of.
Demo...I'm sorta freya-ed that Gauche has a sister (Mizuki Nana) who can't walk.
Kami-sama
Siscon is siscon...

Fufu, sorta off topic, do you guys like pairings because of their seiyuu?

In my case it is Xingke (Midorikawa) X Tianzi that reminds me of Seiran (Midorikawa) X Shuurei (or Ryuuki *gets shot*) from Saiunkoku Monogatari.