Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-06-29, 15:56   Link #2001
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenger1589 View Post
He's injured, he missed the second half of last season at liverpool and barely made it to the world cup. On top of that he still needs surgery so he's not going to be 100% until he goes through with it.

Anyway, Spain won but they certainly aren't as sharp as they were during Euro 2008. I didn't watch much of La Liga this year, is David Silva injured or something? Because he was extremely important to that team.
Silva is on the team and started the first game. I thought he played pretty well but hasn't started a game since. He was supposed to come as a substitute in Spain's last game but his teammates passed the ball around so much, he couldn't get on the field. It was pretty funny.

I'm not surprised he hasn't played much but he's as good a playmaker as Iniesta in my opinion.
Old 2010-06-29, 15:59   Link #2002
Blaat

The goal was offside, and FIFA was fully aware of it: by not showing the goal with a typical offside line during the entire match.
I thought Portugal was the better team until Llorente came on for Torres and the Portuguese striker came off, after that Portugal never looked dangerous and Spain was in full control.
Old 2010-06-29, 16:34   Link #2003
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ok so :

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO JAPAN !!! DAMN , the end penalties always suxxx this is just luck !
*sad*

And then Spain 1 - 0 Portugal . So it seems that was a great match . I was rooting for Portugal but oh well GG Spain .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 16:38   Link #2004
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
The goal was offside, and FIFA was fully aware of it: by not showing the goal with a typical offside line during the entire match.
I thought Portugal was the better team until Llorente came on for Torres and the Portuguese striker came off, after that Portugal never looked dangerous and Spain was in full control.
The goal was offside? My channel replayed it 2-3 times and i didn't see it as offside.

Can anyone confirm this?
Old 2010-06-29, 16:41   Link #2005
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
The goal was offside? My channel replayed it 2-3 times and i didn't see it as offside.

Can anyone confirm this?
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 16:54   Link #2006
AnimeFangirl

Maybe the offside rule needs to go. Everybody, go score when you can!
Old 2010-06-29, 16:59   Link #2007
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post

Quote:
The offside rule exists to prevent break away goals. It prevents a player from just waiting in front of a goal where he can receive an easy pass and score. because that is not fun for anyone
The game would be VERY boring otherwise, need I say more?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 17:03   Link #2008
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Maybe it was just an optical illusion, like Lampard's goal.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 17:05   Link #2009
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
^ NAY! The ones that need to go are the refs, BRING IN THE ROBOTS! < They do call it like it is!

CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 17:06   Link #2010
Solafighter
Hige

Shit happens. And when it happens, then all together.

Portual is out.. To bad for Ronaldo, though, cause i was always watching the games, he played in with, to see some of his tricks, live. But what he showed uptill now, was not realy that outstanding.

I would like to see the first goal of Messi, but since his next game is against germany, i rather not see any goal by him.
Old 2010-06-29, 17:07   Link #2011
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Revenger1589 -> Yeah that was posted in "A laugh a day" but still LMAO
Old 2010-06-29, 17:12   Link #2012
justavisitor

Portugal was way too passive...maybe they thought they could copy the winning formula from Swiss...but imo Portugal had the talent to play it more lively

And the ref kept making non-call on Ronaldo...Ronaldo did deserve to get some more freekicks, oh well..
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 17:21   Link #2013
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
So it is or not?

I means if it's. Then 10-20 cm without a line is pretty hard to see
Old 2010-06-29, 17:26   Link #2014
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Why are you so nervous about this goal , it isn't the first time in this FWC that someone was offside . (recently Argentina - Mexico)
Old 2010-06-29, 17:26   Link #2015
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
So it is or not?

It's offside, but impossible to make a correct call if you're human.
Old 2010-06-29, 17:31   Link #2016
solomon

Well I saw both matches. I had more fun watching Japan's match cause they hung in there for so long despite getting walloped in possesion time. I was rooting for Japan if only for the fact that they weren't a highly touted Euro or Latin team.

Spain and Portugal, well I had been working all day so that probably had something to do with me being drowsy but that game didn't get me as much.

Then again I am a noob so..... (I have no idea what really counts as good soccer matches or not)

The only other team I'll be "rooting" for is Ghana, other than that I'll try watch all the matches but meh. I enjoy watching Germany play for some reason though.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 17:32   Link #2017
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
If that's the case, then let's bring back Filippo 'Pippo' Inzaghi out of retirement as well. Even in his age, he can still get up on the top scorer rankings with this rule...

Quote:
So it is or not?

I think he's mostly onside, but his leg is offside. So, he's offside by just a few centimeters. I don't mind it so much here that the linesman and the referee missed it, it was very close and at that time it all happened so fast. Even after several replays it's not that easy to see and we need a snapshot and a clear line drawn to know it for certain. I personally don't see a few centimeters difference to be all that vital, unlike what Tevez did...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 17:37   Link #2018
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Yeah van Marwijk way too conservative. Putting on Elia, Robben and Huntelaar isn't an experiment though, all played well when they where on. :|

Though Robben is a definite starter in van Marwijks playbook. Expecting al least one goal out of him.
Nah, Van Marwijk's a genius. He understands the first law of football:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lineker
Football is a simple game: 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and in the end the Germans always win...
In order to win the World Cup we don't need to play the best football, or have the best players, we just need to be the Germans of the tournament

Desperate measures were necessary after the disastrous 2006 campaign. In a bid to *finally* bring the World Cup home, most stars (and Sylvie van der Vaart, we do apologize ) were shipped of to die Bundesliga to acquire the necessary skills. The supporters of beautiful football (mostly Cruijf and co) have been hushed (or gagged) and the tabloids leashed, all in the name of victory. The current team has sworn off Total Football and simply play to get results, by any means necessary.

I'm don't expect to too much of Elia against Brazil, he is a typical Ajax style winger: stylish and gets past his guard but until Elia's passes actually land anywhere near a striker in the box he is pretty harmless, I'd prefer Kuyt who can put away that winning goal, give the assist and will not neglect his defensive duties. Huntelaar is a poacher and great against mediocre teams but he simply lacks the shrewdness needed at the high end. RVP may lack the killer instinct but he is extremely important for keeping possession up front so the midfield can connect on switch overs.

Imo this Brazil hides it's relative weakness in offense with the support of the wing backs on the flanks. Against the Dutch this support may not happen. If Kaka can be controlled (by whatever means aka De Jong) the outcome of this game is anyone's guess. I wouldn't be surprised if this match turns nasty at some point.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 17:49   Link #2019
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if this match turns nasty at some point.
Perhaps another Battle of Numremberg? That game was epic.
ElvenPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 17:58   Link #2020
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
In order to win the World Cup we don't need to play the best football, or have the best players, we just need to be the Germans of the tournament

Desperate measures were necessary after the disastrous 2006 campaign. In a bid to *finally* bring the World Cup home, most stars (and Sylvie van der Vaart, we do apologize ) were shipped of to die Bundesliga to acquire the necessary skills. The supporters of beautiful football (mostly Cruijf and co) have been hushed (or gagged) and the tabloids leashed, all in the name of victory. The current team has sworn off Total Football and simply play to get results, by any means necessary.

I'm don't expect to too much of Elia against Brazil, he is a typical Ajax style winger: stylish and gets past his guard but until Elia's passes actually land anywhere near a striker in the box he is pretty harmless, I'd prefer Kuyt who can put away that winning goal, give the assist and will not neglect his defensive duties. Huntelaar is a poacher and great against mediocre teams but he simply lacks the shrewdness needed at the high end. RVP may lack the killer instinct but he is extremely important for keeping possession up front so the midfield can connect on switch overs.

Imo this Brazil hides it's relative weakness in offense with the support of the wing backs on the flanks. Against the Dutch this support may not happen. If Kaka can be controlled (by whatever means aka De Jong) the outcome of this game is anyone's guess. I wouldn't be surprised if this match turns nasty at some point.
Yeah, but why do you think Elia wouldn't be able to put away that winning goal? Anyone can put in a tap in. He gives the assist as well, doesn't neglect his defensive duties either and can play his man away. He is able to create chance on his own. He's deadly in the 16 meters as well, but he prefers to pass it on to players in a better position. Stop watching Kuyt only when he does good look at him the whole match. He's wasteful he can't pass for shit if he does make a good pass it's pass over the width or a back pass.

Brazil's weakness is in those wingbacks and neither Kuyt or VDV has the speed or skill to exploit that weakness.
We don't need possession up front that's exactly what RvP is doing wrong he's dropping too deep and being useless. Do you think it's a coincidence we play better without VDV and Kuyt on the field? Not to mention in the less time Huntelaar is on the field he has done as much as RvP and he has a better Goal per Game ratio then Van Persie as well. Honestly this whole concept of not putting CF's in the CF position and Wingers in the Winger position. Is beyond me. Not to mention if you want to play counter you need the speed as well.

I do think we have a decent chance with van Marwijks play mostly because Robben is in his playbook as well.

Tags
fifa, football, soccer, sports, world cup