AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-23, 04:22   Link #1
killerzX

looking for new romance + action anime

HI ANIME WATCHERS OUT THERE.
I just finished like 6x over animes. my favs are
full metal alchemist (although little or no romance. still great)
kimi ga nozomu eien,
kimikiss pure rouge *airing*,
busou renkin(good anime that has good amount of action and romance), kaze no stigma(especially good anime that has good amount of action. a little short of romance but still very good),
kannazuki no miko(very good although a little lesbianic but still very nice).
clannadnot so bad but like many said. random fuko appearances a little extra
suzumiya haruhi(no complaints)

Ya so about there. thats my rough taste. anyone could give me any good animes like these will be a really great help. THX
Old 2008-03-23, 04:47   Link #2
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Here would be a better place to post this, though I'll help anyway.

Posting a list of all of the anime you've watched and your favourites is most helpful, since we don't want to recommend something you've already seen.

That being said:
Fate/Stay Night - An action/romance anime with heroes from all time fighting for the Holy Grail. It has the character because of whom the term GAR was coined, and some other notable fights as well.
Shakugan no Shana -: One of my favourite anime, it's a mix of several genres: fantasy, action, romance, drama, comedy, etc. with a very moe main character. The fights are unique and well-animated, and the development is pretty well-paced and written.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Another of my favourite action anime, it's a mecha anime that's probably the most epic anime ever. It's mainly an action anime, but it's comedic and romantic at times, too. You'll probably like it if you enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist (though I liked Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann a lot more than I liked FMA.)

Ah, romance.
Kanon 2006 - It's not really a romance anime, but it's very similar to Clannad in concept and execution, both being produced by the same bishoujo game company and animation studio. (That also produced Haruhi)
Air - Another production of the Key-KyoAni team that produced Kanon and Clannad, though it's also not explicitly a romance.
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora - A short romance about a pair of teenagers who meet in a hospital and the problems they face together.
REC - Another short romance, though it's a bit more upbeat and focuses on a realistic (barring the first episode) professional relationship.
Ef - A Tale of Memories - A pair of romance stories, one focusing on a love triangle and the other a unique story of mental barriers and overcoming them. It's a story focusing on fulfilling dreams and utilises a good deal of symbolism within its unique animation style.
Sola - A fantasy romance about two people who aren't able to stay together; character designs by Naru Nanao, and a good OST as well.
5 Centimeters per Second - Not necessarily romance, but it's the story of two people who realise their love and the distance that grows between them over time. Makoto Shinkai + Tenmon = Great animation and a great OST.
The Place Promised in our Early Days - Another from Shinkai and Tenmon, it's another story about distances, though more figuratively and such.

Gah, I'm going to bed.
Old 2008-03-23, 04:48   Link #3
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

um. . . Code Geass has some romance in it. Season 2 in about 2 weeks.

Macross Frontier premieres on the 4th of April. Macross is known for "romance."

There you go. Giant robots, melodrama, action, kissy kissy romance, etc.
Old 2008-03-23, 12:10   Link #4
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I'm not sure what you really want, but I'll give you anime with both romance + action.

Shakugan no Shana: This is by far one of the best romance/action/comedy series I've seen, while not entirely best in each genre. It's a "jack of all trades" if you will.

Chrno Crusade: This series just appeals to me, and the romance in this series is beautifully portrayed.

Rurouni Kenshin (1-62) and Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal: This is a must watch.
Old 2008-03-23, 14:36   Link #5
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Seconding everything qtip mentioned.

Adding:
Full Metal Panic has a lot of action, comedy, and a very nicely done romance aspect that doesn't really develop until the third season. The first two seasons are good watches, but the third season (Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid) is one of my favorite anime. The only reason I would avoid it is if you really don't like mecha.
Old 2008-03-24, 07:18   Link #6
killerzX

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Here would be a better place to post this, though I'll help anyway.

Posting a list of all of the anime you've watched and your favourites is most helpful, since we don't want to recommend something you've already seen.

That being said:
Fate/Stay Night - An action/romance anime with heroes from all time fighting for the Holy Grail. It has the character because of whom the term GAR was coined, and some other notable fights as well.
Shakugan no Shana -: One of my favourite anime, it's a mix of several genres: fantasy, action, romance, drama, comedy, etc. with a very moe main character. The fights are unique and well-animated, and the development is pretty well-paced and written.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Another of my favourite action anime, it's a mecha anime that's probably the most epic anime ever. It's mainly an action anime, but it's comedic and romantic at times, too. You'll probably like it if you enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist (though I liked Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann a lot more than I liked FMA.)

Ah, romance.
Kanon 2006 - It's not really a romance anime, but it's very similar to Clannad in concept and execution, both being produced by the same bishoujo game company and animation studio. (That also produced Haruhi)
Air - Another production of the Key-KyoAni team that produced Kanon and Clannad, though it's also not explicitly a romance.
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora - A short romance about a pair of teenagers who meet in a hospital and the problems they face together.
REC - Another short romance, though it's a bit more upbeat and focuses on a realistic (barring the first episode) professional relationship.
Ef - A Tale of Memories - A pair of romance stories, one focusing on a love triangle and the other a unique story of mental barriers and overcoming them. It's a story focusing on fulfilling dreams and utilises a good deal of symbolism within its unique animation style.
Sola - A fantasy romance about two people who aren't able to stay together; character designs by Naru Nanao, and a good OST as well.
5 Centimeters per Second - Not necessarily romance, but it's the story of two people who realise their love and the distance that grows between them over time. Makoto Shinkai + Tenmon = Great animation and a great OST.
The Place Promised in our Early Days - Another from Shinkai and Tenmon, it's another story about distances, though more figuratively and such.

Gah, I'm going to bed.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Ef- a tale of memories, considering to watch. I just finised Sola. Nice anime. The storyline was fine and the fighting was not bad. but i felt that this anime could be whole lot better if there were more episdoes for starters. And probably a more mutual feeling between the girl and the boy *cant rmb the name* LOL Shakugan no shana i am currently watching the 2nd season already. sorry forgot to mention that. Oh and I felt that GREEN GREEN was way too sick for my taste.... ESPECIALLY EPISODE 13... BLEH. I tried watching full metal panic the first episode. although it didnt quite appeal to me, i'll try and give it another go since many people in this whole forums have reccomended it.
Old 2008-03-26, 21:47   Link #7
deltakano
1つの愛

5 cm/s was such a heart breaker.

Spoiler for 5 cm/s:
Old 2008-03-27, 12:45   Link #8
johnthesifu
Anime Sifu

try Utawarerumono. i thought it was pretty good
Old 2008-03-27, 13:00   Link #9
SinsI

if you liked busou renkin, try Kekkaishi - it's just been fully subbed.
Old 2009-07-05, 12:15   Link #10
esmon

if u like busou renkin i will recco dn angel well busou renkin and dn angel are my all time favs busou renkin perfect ending but dn angel's ending will make u cry and feel unsatisfied though cause the main character's bud was sealed and gone~~ i was crying like theres no tml xD
Old 2011-09-15, 10:49   Link #11
JellyX

Kaze no stigma
Zero no tsukaima all three seasons
special A
Toradora
Old 2011-09-15, 17:27   Link #12
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This thread was begun three years ago; the original poster isn't going to see your recommendations.

There are probably more requests for action+romance in this forum than any other sub-genre. It's not worth resuscitating ancient threads; how about posting in a more current thread like this one, for instance?
Closed Thread