AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-12-20, 13:57   Link #3021
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Even at the end of R1, the only thing we see is him and C.C. going down into the ocean, nothing else, not really a confirmed kill for either of them (a cyborg and an immortal witch).
Only one problem with the ending was that he wasn't saved by his own state. C.C. survived because she was immortal so she slowly floated up to the top, but Jeremiah was deused out of the entire thing by V.V. teleporting him and the Siegfried out with the never explained teleportation powers.
Unlike every other event with Jeremiah, this one was just deus ex machina.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 14:06   Link #3022
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
Only one problem with the ending was that he wasn't saved by his own state. C.C. survived because she was immortal so she slowly floated up to the top, but Jeremiah was deused out of the entire thing by V.V. teleporting him and the Siegfried out with the never explained teleportation powers.
Unlike every other event with Jeremiah, this one was just deus ex machina.
He didn't necessarily teleport out of there. The Siegfried is a big, solid, sphereish fortress with electromagnetic armor and ridiculous shielding. For all we know he flew out by himself after the Gawan fell apart.
Old 2008-12-20, 14:15   Link #3023
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

There are two images in Mutuality, "Suzaku X C.C." and "Lelouch X Suzaku" from Mutuality which came with two short stories by Okouchi. They are by Suzaku and Lelouch's POV respectively in sequence. The setting of the stories was during the one blank month when the three of them, Lelouch, Suzaku and C.C. were together before Lelouch ascended the throne. Since it's by Okouchi, there is some validity for this to consider as canon I suppose.

Here is the summary by Ms Blottyparchment on the story by Suzaku's POV

Quote:
Spoiler for Story 1: Suzaku's POV:

I gave a shot in translating and summarising the short story in the book from the language I understand on the part on Lelouch's POV (Lelouch & Suzaku image). Pardon me for the bad translation. For those who is able to understand, please correct me if there is any mistake.

Quote:
Spoiler for Story 2: Lelouch's POV:
That was the promise they had . Suzaku attempted to get Lelouch to find some other ways but was rejected. Lelouch was stubborn, aren't he? Suzaku had respect to Lelouch for his decision. Both of them really wanted to punish themselves. Is there a need for that? They had already chosen this very path, there was no turning back. The last part of them teasing one another is really sweet. They seems like they had returned to before when they were in Kururugi Shrine even though they can no longer returned to what it was before (refer to the story on Suzaku's POV).

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.

Last edited by Pink-chan; 2008-12-22 at 11:45.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 14:26   Link #3024
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
I gave a shot in translating and summarising the short story in the book from the language I understand on the part on Lelouch's POV (Lelouch & Suzaku image). Pardon me for the bad translation. For those who is able to understand, please correct me if there is any mistake.
Its very good, don't sell yourself short.
One thing, at the end, I don't know if "only friend" is the best way to translate that. Might be better to say "truest friend". I'm going to look at my book when I am more awake, 5 AM... Its a good translation though. :thumbs up: <-- Where is this code?
Old 2008-12-20, 14:33   Link #3025
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
Its very good, don't sell yourself short.
One thing, at the end, I don't know if "only friend" is the best way to translate that. Might be better to say "truest friend". I'm going to look at my book when I am more awake, 5 AM... Its a good translation though. :thumbs up: <-- Where is this code?
I screened through the book, the words are "たった一人の、朋、なのだから。”
What do you think? Thanks a lot for your encouragement.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 14:40   Link #3026
Lie

Quote:
I screened through the book, the words are "たった一人の、朋、なのだから。”
What do you think? Thanks a lot for your encouragement.
Literally it's correct the way you translated it, "Because he is assuredly my only friend."
But what I was saying is that it's probably a bit more understandable as "my one truest friend", otherwise it sounds like Lelouch had no other friends, which we know isn't the case. Something like, "My friend who understand me best, my truest friend", is what I think it is trying to put forth. (Which is something Okouchi said about the two in an interview).
Old 2008-12-20, 17:49   Link #3027
lovecakecookies

omg... I wanted to know what happened in that one month gap.. oh god.. its makes me want to cry.. Suzaku and Lulu are truly best friends..

whoa, they were in Baghdad, Iraq (Gods Gift in Old Persian) planning ZR
Old 2008-12-20, 19:09   Link #3028
Charred Knight

Quote:
There are two images in Mutuality, "Suzaku X C.C." and "Lelouch X Suzaku" from Mutuality which came with two short stories by Okouchi. They are by Suzaku and Lelouch's POV respectively in sequence. The setting of the stories was during the one blank month when the three of them, Lelouch, Suzaku and C.C. were together before Lelouch ascended the throne. Since it's by Okouchi, there is some validity for this to consider as canon I suppose.

Here is the summary by Ms Blottyparchment on the story by Suzaku's POV

Next, there is this specially made ‘The King's Sword” which the design also matches the attire of death.
Please tell me this was written before Okouchi saw that stupid sword, and a sword that looks like a plastic sword that came from Wal-Mart is not something that matches "the attire of death", or is the stupid sword a reference to the fact that Lelouch looks ridiculous in his little pope outfit.

Frostmourne from Warcraft is a sword that matches the attire of death
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 19:18   Link #3029
Daril Gukku

I can't believe Suzaku still wanted Lelouch to find another way, even after everything Lelouch did...it makes me so happy.

I'm glad they were best friends again at the end. My biggest fear was that they had gone to far apart to ever be back like they were as kids, so that scene of them teasing each other nearly made me cry.

Thanks so much for translating this
Daril Gukku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 19:30   Link #3030
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Thanks for the translation.
Come to think of it, if the circumstances were different {lot}, those two could do amazing things together to bring a kinder world and watch over it as well.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 19:40   Link #3031
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

They wouldn't work together under any other circumstances. Suzaku would be too put-off about breaking the rules and Lelouch would do it anyway.
Old 2008-12-20, 19:45   Link #3032
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
They wouldn't work together under any other circumstances. Suzaku would be too put-off about breaking the rules and Lelouch would do it anyway.
I meant somewhere along S1 and under a lot of different circumstances. Not near the end.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 19:51   Link #3033
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Please tell me this was written before Okouchi saw that stupid sword, and a sword that looks like a plastic sword that came from Wal-Mart is not something that matches "the attire of death", or is the stupid sword a reference to the fact that Lelouch looks ridiculous in his little pope outfit.

Frostmourne from Warcraft is a sword that matches the attire of death
I think it would be better if we assume it's the sword in those illustrations that CLAMP made...not the one in the show. Not that it makes much of a difference to the story, it's just the visuals.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 19:52   Link #3034
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
I meant somewhere along S1 and under a lot of different circumstances. Not near the end.
It was a general statement that applies to season 1, as well. Only the crap both went through over two seasons made them remotely capable of working together, and only in the most self-destructive way possible. In season 1, Suzaku got uppity when Lelouch was breaking the rules to save Nunnally. There's just no working on equal terms with that kind of thinking.
Old 2008-12-20, 19:55   Link #3035
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Quote:
It was a general statement that applies to season 1, as well. Only the crap both went through over two seasons made them remotely capable of working together, and only in the most self-destructive way possible. In season 1, Suzaku got uppity when Lelouch was breaking the rules to save Nunnally. There's just no working on equal terms with that kind of thinking.
Good Lord, what's wrong with you! Is it that you want to think of every damn negative aspect of them working together don't you. There's nothing to prove that they wouldn't work together given any circumstances depending how important it is .In season one if they manage to save Nunnally because they broke the rules (school standards and practices). And wow if they couldn't work together under pretences like witnessing humaity being wiped up in the course of one night then what else?
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 19:56   Link #3036
azul120

Nice to see Suzaku and Lelouch coming to an understanding there.

Not sure if I would agree on Suzaku not wanting to breaking the rules. At this point he was clearly in favor of toppling the apple cart if necessary, and that's basically what Zero Requiem was about.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 20:00   Link #3037
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
Good Lord, what's wrong with you! Is it that you want to think of every damn negative aspect of them working together don't you. There's nothing to prove that they wouldn't work together given any circumstances depending how important it is .In season one if they manage to save Nunnally because they broke the rules (school standards and practices). And wow if they couldn't work together under pretences like witnessing humaity being wiped up in the course of one night then what else?
I'm a certified psychopath. Anyway, working toward saving a friend is far different than opposing the entire system. Without all the crap they went through, their ideologies are just too different to work on a large scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Not sure if I would agree on Suzaku not wanting to breaking the rules. At this point he was clearly in favor of toppling the apple cart if necessary, and that's basically what Zero Requiem was about.
At this point, yeah, he just doesn't care anymore. I meant before, when his world wasn't shot to hell quite literally when he nuked Tokyo.
Old 2008-12-20, 20:05   Link #3038
Haku-Men
Banned

Quote:
I'm a certified psychopath.

At this point, yeah, he just doesn't care anymore. I meant before, when his world wasn't shot to hell quite literally when he nuked Tokyo.
Unitentionally........
And it's not like his "changing from within" strategy was getting him anywhere with lunatics like Charles still in power.
Old 2008-12-20, 20:06   Link #3039
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
Unitentionally........
And it's not like his "changing from within" strategy was getting him anywhere with lunatics like Charles still in power.
Not a matter of intention. He still feels responsible for it, even if he blames Geass, too. Also, his strategy may not have been getting him anywhere, but try telling that to him before Ragnarok. The man just couldn't see it.
Old 2008-12-20, 20:08   Link #3040
Haku-Men
Banned

Quote:
Not a matter of intention. He still feels responsible for it, even if he blames Geass, too. Also, his strategy may not have been getting him anywhere, but try telling that to him before Ragnarok. The man just couldn't see it.
Even I can't argue with that