AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-29, 14:00   Link #201
(Hiyori_Tamura)
Currently Buried In Manga

I'd love to see if the Dragon tribe takes all of there forces and goes to the island and joins the battle.
Old 2009-12-29, 14:02   Link #202
(Hiyori_Tamura)
Currently Buried In Manga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo View Post
My favorite scene was that extra scene of Teresa's where she twisted Rosemary's hand, saying, "I twisted it, just like this *demo* :
Oh god, that was awesome xD
And rosemary's face was like O.O
Old 2009-12-29, 14:30   Link #203
Vantek
Asleep Being

Quote:
Still doesn't really excuse what the Organization has been doing on the island though.
It might.

Though since Yagi has already made them the big bad enemy, I doubt he will justify it lol.
Old 2009-12-29, 17:43   Link #204
Vantek
Asleep Being

I don't really feel like the organization has done anything gut-wrenchingly evil to be honest. It's not like they enjoy torturing the populace or anything like that. They just seem to be interested in nothing but their goal to the point of ignoring humanity. Even our main charachters appear to think it's OK to gather children, put them through horrible pain and a high probability of death and turn them into half-monsters in order to save the population of the island from youma. Surely, if the mainland population is suffering from a similar threat, it would be OK to to sacrifice a small percentage of it for an experiment that could result in a weapon that could save them?

Of course, the mainland struggle has been told to be just a war so it's very likely to be just a power struggle between different factions while people themselves are ignored as always. But just saying that it's not at all impossible to justify the organization.

If the goal was to save humanity from certain extermination or eternal misery, I don't think it's evil to do anything that would improve our chances.

Last edited by Vantek; 2009-12-29 at 17:53.
Old 2009-12-29, 20:43   Link #205
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

my favorites scenes are raki saving clare from awakening and clare finding out from cid and galk that raki is indeed alive. her face expression was full of relief and thankfulness when she heard the news.
Old 2010-02-03, 00:08   Link #206
8thSin
*Fansubber

My favorite scene is when Ophelia goes "What will happen to those you leave behind if you just died off?" when Clare was about to give up during their 'game'.

It was really touching for me because it was when she remembered important things in her past and realized she should no longer live since she became what she despised most.

Also because it was when she gave the "Right to Fight (Manga Vol.7 / Anime Ep.14 title)" Priscilla to Clare. The anime OP (character order) finally made sense, which depicted Clare as made of her own body, Teresa's blood, Irene's arm, and Ophelia's will.

I've read the entire manga since, up to Ch.100, but that's still my favorite scene.

Last edited by 8thSin; 2010-02-03 at 00:52.
Old 2010-02-07, 03:39   Link #207
gxy1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantek View Post
I don't really feel like the organization has done anything gut-wrenchingly evil to be honest. It's not like they enjoy torturing the populace or anything like that. They just seem to be interested in nothing but their goal to the point of ignoring humanity. Even our main charachters appear to think it's OK to gather children, put them through horrible pain and a high probability of death and turn them into half-monsters in order to save the population of the island from youma. Surely, if the mainland population is suffering from a similar threat, it would be OK to to sacrifice a small percentage of it for an experiment that could result in a weapon that could save them?

Of course, the mainland struggle has been told to be just a war so it's very likely to be just a power struggle between different factions while people themselves are ignored as always. But just saying that it's not at all impossible to justify the organization.

If the goal was to save humanity from certain extermination or eternal misery, I don't think it's evil to do anything that would improve our chances.
i agree, but you can't deny did some real crap back on the island. they completely disregarded the claymore's lives as though they were youma, and did things that distorted nature itself. but then again, they did it for us. guess we're all mosters in a way.
Old 2010-03-31, 00:46   Link #208
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

Quote:

This might get off topic but I have to address this. You don't think that the Org has done anything horrible? Please tell me then what is your deffinition of horrible. You have two sides of people fighting. They are both human but the Org was having a hard time so they take an island of millions maybe billions of people and then they make monsters and unleash them at the helpless people.

When the people lose too many of their familys and friends then they go to the Org were the Org exploites them for money and sends in their child solders that they have made from innocent little girls that they have tortured and made into monsters. When they can't pay they slaughter them to keep them in line.

They don't enjoy it? That guy who handles Teresa seemed almost amused when Teresa suggested what they did.

You say that the main characters don't seem to mind? Read what Miria has to say on the subject ,and I bet their were more; but then again most of them were slaughterd at pieta. Most of the Claymores seemed to except the fact that the Org is Grey, after all the Org is the only thing that can save them for the Yoma that killed all there families.
Oh Wait. The Org created the Yoma in the fist place. All of the suffering in this story are a direct result of the Org. The Org has probubly done almost as much damage to innocent people by now as the enemy forces have done to them. So tell me what does the Org have to do to be considered exspecially heinous? Short of flat killing off everyone on the island theirs not much they haven't done and they have destroyed almost half of it by now.

Favorite scene: I just read again the part were Deneva of all people brakes down.
Number 15? Don't make me laugh. "Don't tear yourself apart all alone. You have comrades!? What a load of crap! Never mind about protecting Undine, I can't even land a single cut on that basterd to avenge her!

Deneva always seemes so cold but this really shows that Deneva really cares about her friend besides Helen after all.
Old 2010-03-31, 04:07   Link #209
Vantek
Asleep Being

I'm getting the feeling that you didn't really read my post too carefully. I'm not saying that based on the information available the org is definitely not horrible. I'm saying that based on the information available it is possible that it isn't. I am even sure that Yagi will never redeem the org, but at the moment, we don't know the whole story. We know nothing about what's going on on the mainland. It's like when you find out that some guy shot and killed his wife you immediately think that he's despicable. Well what if it turns out he killed his wife because she had gone insane and was holding a knife to a kid's throat saying she would kill the kid? Not so despicable anymore, is it. Not at all, in fact.

What if it turns out that the dragonkin are monsters who seek nothing less than the extermination of the whole nation that created the island lab, and the whole nation is on the brink of destruction and youki warriors are the only possible way to survive? Do you really not consider conducting horrible experiments on a bunch of people justified if it is the only way to save the whole nation from certain extermination? What if the people who run the org have dedicated their lives to save their nation from a horrible fate? What if they themselves would not hesitate to put themselves through unbelievable suffering if only it would help to save their people? Would you still consider them horrible?

Once again, I am not saying that this is the case, I am actually certain that Yagi will always continue to depict the org as the bad guys. I am just saying that no information has been given to us that would exclude the possibility (unless the last 3 chapters which I haven't read yet have revealed something new).

Think outside the box ^^
Old 2010-04-01, 23:35   Link #210
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
I'm getting the feeling that you didn't really read my post too carefully. I'm not saying that based on the information available the org is definitely not horrible. I'm saying that based on the information available it is possible that it isn't. I am even sure that Yagi will never redeem the org, but at the moment, we don't know the whole story. We know nothing about what's going on on the mainland. It's like when you find out that some guy shot and killed his wife you immediately think that he's despicable. Well what if it turns out he killed his wife because she had gone insane and was holding a knife to a kid's throat saying she would kill the kid? Not so despicable anymore, is it. Not at all, in fact.

What if it turns out that the dragonkin are monsters who seek nothing less than the extermination of the whole nation that created the island lab, and the whole nation is on the brink of destruction and youki warriors are the only possible way to survive? Do you really not consider conducting horrible experiments on a bunch of people justified if it is the only way to save the whole nation from certain extermination? What if the people who run the org have dedicated their lives to save their nation from a horrible fate? What if they themselves would not hesitate to put themselves through unbelievable suffering if only it would help to save their people? Would you still consider them horrible?

Once again, I am not saying that this is the case, I am actually certain that Yagi will always continue to depict the org as the bad guys. I am just saying that no information has been given to us that would exclude the possibility (unless the last 3 chapters which I haven't read yet have revealed something new).

Think outside the box ^^
Your example is not a valid one. You said the husband killed his guilty wife to save his kid, but the Org kills the innocent kids to save the husband and the wife.

We had a debate on that subject. My argument was that if mankind was at risk, there would be no need to scarify innocent people. People would volunteer to be experimented on.
Old 2010-04-02, 02:54   Link #211
Vantek
Asleep Being

Quote:
Your example is not a valid one.
I wasn't bringing an analogy to what the org is doing. I was bringing an analogy to how people jump to conclusions.

Quote:
the Org kills the innocent kids to save the husband and the wife.
A better analogy would be killing a hundred husbands and wives and kids to save a million husbands and wives and kids.

Quote:
if mankind was at risk, there would be no need to scarify innocent people. People would volunteer to be experimented on.
Oh really? How can you be so sure that there would be enough such people? What a wild assumption!
Old 2010-04-02, 16:37   Link #212
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
I wasn't bringing an analogy to what the org is doing. I was bringing an analogy to how people jump to conclusions.

A better analogy would be killing a hundred husbands and wives and kids to save a million husbands and wives and kids.

Oh really? How can you be so sure that there would be enough such people? What a wild assumption!
People are letting themselves be experimented on for a lesser cause than to save mankind. Add eternal youth, beauty and strength and you will have all kind of people volunteering.

Edit:
Lets no forget that many Claymores awaken because of the Org. They are not trained to resist or are not chosen properly.

Last edited by Awakened; 2010-04-02 at 17:11.
Old 2010-04-03, 11:26   Link #213
Vantek
Asleep Being

Look, I'm not saying that the org is not terrible. I'm saying that it's possible that they aren't. Yagi hasn't told us what the mainland is like. It's perfectly possible to make your scenario happen. It's perfectly possible to make my scenario happen.

If you still disagree, fine, enough of this derail.
Old 2010-04-05, 18:08   Link #214
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo View Post
My favorite scene was that extra scene of Teresa's where she twisted Rosemary's hand, saying, "I twisted it, just like this *demo* :
That scene was very lulzy in general.

I think my favorite scene from the Manga is this one:
Spoiler for Chapter 78:
Old 2010-07-23, 18:19   Link #215
BlakeYuri16

I thought that was Jeane?? Jeane Got Punched by Rigardo and his whole fist went through her gut.
Old 2010-08-06, 04:42   Link #216
Zotis
Rank #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotis View Post
One of my favorite parts of the anime, really stirred up some deep emotions for me.

Some of my favorite characters in the Anime (I haven't read the manga yet) are minor characters that die in the Northern Campaign. Undine's flashbacks mention the friend who's gravestone she carries with her everywhere she goes. You only ever see shots of her back lying there dead, and you're never told her name. I love the mystery and incredible sadness.
Old 2010-08-21, 09:25   Link #217
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

When Ophelia readjust her head and stares at the sky, "Like I'm going to die just because my head was twisted".
Old 2010-08-21, 13:59   Link #218
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL View Post
When Ophelia readjust her head and stares at the sky, "Like I'm going to die just because my head was twisted".
That's a strange one for me, but never the less, we all do have our own different opinions.
Old 2010-09-02, 09:34   Link #219
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Well the subject of this thread is "favourite" scene not "most touching scene".
Old 2010-09-02, 13:45   Link #220
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL View Post
Well the subject of this thread is "favourite" scene not "most touching scene".
For somebody, they both could be the same thing .