AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-09-09, 20:48   Link #201
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think they did a good job. A lot of was compressed, but it wasn't too rushed. If I didn't read the book, I wouldn't have known we lost stuff. I also think they handled Heathcliff's hax well. Don't want to make it obvious after all.
Old 2012-09-10, 08:47   Link #202
itoastmysocks
Rabbit Flavored Socks YUM

I've been thinking, but one of the reasons why they would not touch the whole LC Crusade to much, would be a possible second season, I mean if they were doing one for GGO, like say a 11-13 episode season, they could dedicate some episodes to it then.
itoastmysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 18:16   Link #203
Helius

Am I missing something, or isn't the anime a 2-cour series (20+ eps)? There's certainly enough episodes to cover Volume 1 and the side stories, assuming the anime covers SAO only.

As for the LC crusade, I don't think it's an absolute rule that they have to strictly abide by the novel timeline, esp. with the appearance of PoH right after the Kirito-Kuradeel duel (possibly when Kuradeel was recruited into the LC following his shameful defeat) and the successive events that followed between Asuna and Kirito which led to episode 10. It's certainly doable to have the crusade after the honeymoon, which imo works out better as far as the flow of the series is concerned.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 18:23   Link #204
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I prefer that LCC be an OVA..... since were are already in the ending of SAO arc.... and Yui is going to show up soon!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 20:03   Link #205
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I think a lot of people are going to hate what happens to Asuna in ALO, and I can't say I blame them. Awesome female warrior getting demoted to Princess Toadstool is a horribly lame turn of events.
Speaking of which, lame isn't even enough to describe the villain that will be replacing Kayaba in FD. Let's just say that guy, forget his name, isn't my cup of villain, YMMV.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 20:20   Link #206
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I think a lot of people are going to hate what happens to Asuna in ALO, and I can't say I blame them. Awesome female warrior getting demoted to Princess Toadstool is a horribly lame turn of events.
Well, we can't tell until it happens.... But I'm sure it'll not be lame... since it'll bit like a "fairy tale".... a knight saving her beloved princess imprisoned by the "psychotic wanna be elf king" antagonist
Old 2012-09-11, 20:45   Link #207
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Well, we can't tell until it happens.... But I'm sure it'll not be lame... since it'll bit like a "fairy tale".... a knight saving her beloved princess imprisoned by the "psychotic wanna be elf king" antagonist
No, that's exactly the part that makes it stupid. The rest of the series is about the psychological and sociological effects of VRMMOs, and it stops to tell a badly written fairy tale somewhere in the middle.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 21:39   Link #208
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
If it were a knight saving her beloved Princess, that would indeed be awesome -- in fact Moretsu Pirates gave that to us last season, and it's probably the best episode of any anime this year. But a knight saving his beloved princess -- been there, done that. After Madoka, AKB0048, Moretsu Pirates and all the other butt-kicking female shows from the last couple years, ALO feels like a step backwards.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 21:51   Link #209
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
If it were a knight saving her beloved Princess, that would indeed be awesome -- in fact Moretsu Pirates gave that to us last season, and it's probably the best episode of any anime this year. But a knight saving his beloved princess -- been there, done that. After Madoka, AKB0048, Moretsu Pirates and all the other butt-kicking female shows from the last couple years, ALO feels like a step backwards.
Let's just wait and see before we speculated as if its already done....
Old 2012-09-12, 07:47   Link #210
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, to be fair, Captain Marika is hot, is unknowingly assembling a yuri harem through sheer charisma, is very smart, and possesses a heavy cruiser. She's pretty much blown all other female leads of the last 2 years or so outta the water

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 09:10   Link #211
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Let's just wait and see before we speculated as if its already done....
I don't think it's speculation to assume that the anime isn't going to make major changes to the plot.

Though upon reflection, there is one thing they could do to make the story more palatable -- have Agil contact Liz and Klein and have all of the accompany Kirito.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 16:17   Link #212
Divini
Senpai!

I really hope they keep the part where Kirito mentions Silica, with Asuna getting all suspicious.

Because really... Silica and Liz don't get enough love.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 20:45   Link #213
Znail

I personally think the entire gender issue is overblown. Who cares about who has to recue whom? They get to rescue eachother a few times each anyway. It would obviously not work out to swap them in this case as Kirito is a nobody that there would be no reason for the villain to hold in a cage and try to marry. My only complaint about it is that it makes for little Asuna in the ALO story.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 20:56   Link #214
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
I personally think the entire gender issue is overblown. Who cares about who has to recue whom? They get to rescue eachother a few times each anyway. It would obviously not work out to swap them in this case as Kirito is a nobody that there would be no reason for the villain to hold in a cage and try to marry. My only complaint about it is that it makes for little Asuna in the ALO story.
Its not just the ALO arc, its majority of the arcs after as well, she kind of gets downgraded to a side character afterwards which is why SAO: Progressors shod be interesting for Asuna devlelopment.
Old 2012-09-12, 21:25   Link #215
karuroso

Quote:
Particularly I don't see much problem with ALO, even with Asuna imprisoned it was still possible to see that she was still strong not succuming to nothing that was done to her and always believing in Kirito and also the entire arc is just Kirito being a sheer badass and showing that gameplay > equips

Sometimes I have the impression that some people (not saying its you or anyone in particular =~) tends to dislike this type of setting( kinight saving the princess) in the same way someone dislikess a series with mechas for the fact of simply having mechas
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 21:52   Link #216
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

While she still has all the willpower and strength from her time in SAO and emmense faith in Kirito which is not misplaced. However being demoted to side character from volume 3-6 did not do much for her character devlopment which for some reason seemed to revolve around Kirito despite the fact that there was still more to her. Then there is her relationship with Kirito which is not really touched upon after SAO despite how little it was developed in the SAO arc as well. So the anime does make the relationship very nice to watch but I think it could do with even more devlopment but i guess its limited by the source material in that regard.
Old 2012-09-12, 22:34   Link #217
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Asuna gets more or less an entire volume devoted to her character development later on, and it serves a good contrast between her and Kirito, I think.

Spoiler for Kirito & Asuna Observations:
Old 2012-09-12, 22:46   Link #218
Divini
Senpai!

^ True, but we'll probably need at least a 2nd sequel to see all of it.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 04:25   Link #219
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
^ True, but we'll probably need at least a 2nd sequel to see all of it.
Well, A-1 is a business, and as long as they continue to make money, hopefully we'll continue to see this series released. Though MAN the Mother's Rosario arc is going to be a 'And now on a very special episode of Sword Art Online' all season long.
Old 2012-09-13, 10:43   Link #220
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I for the past few day or so have been trying to figure out the validity of Chapter 16.5, even with the implied scene from episode 10 I still have my doubts whether Kawahara sensei intended 16.5 to be canon... Probably is so that is a pleasant surprise.