AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 25
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 93 44.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 43 20.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 14.01%
7 out of 10 : Good... 19 9.18%
6 out of 10 : Average... 9 4.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 6 2.90%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.48%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 2 0.97%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 4 1.93%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-12-22, 14:34   Link #21
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Love those Wallpaper tier Screenies. I'll have a lot saved for later.

Anyways hoping for a 2nd season. Can't wait to see more new things.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 14:38   Link #22
Tenoia
Leaps and Bounds Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Spoiler for Question about the end:
Spoiler for From LN:
Tenoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 15:07   Link #23
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Dio's mistake;
Spoiler for He pissed Kirito off:
. :P
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 15:07   Link #24
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

Really, really nice final episode!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 15:12   Link #25
Hagges01
Special UFO Hunter

just too good, second season is necessary but now!
Old 2012-12-22, 15:31   Link #26
Aqua Knight

Asuna was the elf with blue hair at the end?

Also who the hell is Thinker-san?I don't remember
Old 2012-12-22, 15:32   Link #27
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I'll have more to say later, but my first thought was that I like how they tied together the main plot of this arc into the overall show and brought everything to a close. After Episode 23, Suguha basically stepped aside so that Kazuto could resolve the SAO story. Now that Kazuto finally "came home", it does raise the question: where is her place in his world now? They may be on the path to working things out between them, but it's not surprising that she feels "left behind" -- she was never in SAO with the rest of them, and has to continue living her own life while he is finally able to move on with his. And what of the time she and Kazuto spent in ALO; is that just a distant memory? I also liked how they called back to her dream of being able to fly without limits and now that it seems to be possible (apparently the time limit is gone), she still gets held back by the "Altitude Limit". But what's important isn't how high you can fly, it's having people to fly with, and in that sense the hand Kazuto (and Asuna) extends for her at the end is what she needs most.

In the end, it was an ending focused mostly on wrapping up all the loose ends, and I felt it did that quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Also who the hell is Thinker-san?I don't remember
I think he was the leader of the Army that they went to go rescue with Yui back in Episode 12.
Old 2012-12-22, 15:34   Link #28
Chibikiwi

The last episode was amazing! I really loved the series! but now I have nothing to watch on Saturday mornings
Chibikiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 15:34   Link #29
shadow1296

honestly that was a perfect ending for a series, no cliffhanger, no revealing future characters, not open ended enough to reveal that there was more content even though there is, right now the series ended so well that it doesn't need a second season
dont get me wrong i want another season to this but it doesn't need one

plus that blue haired asuna avatar was way more elegent than her previous one
Old 2012-12-22, 15:34   Link #30
Rakshasa

Can't really see how a second run of the SAO game would come close to even matching the first without the death penalty.

On the other hand, now that the source is out there, wouldn't someone start a death penalty game server and produce black-market original navgear? I can bet there would be a market for people taking that leap.

With the death-on-attempt-at-removal thing the government would have no choice but to move them to a hospital and keep them alive.
Old 2012-12-22, 15:37   Link #31
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
plus that blue haired asuna avatar was way more elegent than her previous one
Fun fact, remember Kirito bluffing about representing a Spriggan-Undine union? The race Asuna picked was Undine.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 15:39   Link #32
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
On the other hand, now that the source is out there, wouldn't someone start a death penalty game server and produce black-market original navgear? I can bet there would be a market for people taking that leap.

With the death-on-attempt-at-removal thing the government would have no choice but to move them to a hospital and keep them alive.
I don't think they'll allow another device like that to be manufactured and sold in the open. And if someone buys a black-market device and subjects themselves to unknown risk, it might as well be treated as suicide, to be honest. People who want to be assured of their safety should buy approved devices only.
Old 2012-12-22, 15:40   Link #33
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Asuna was the elf with blue hair at the end?
Yes, that was her. It was a new avatar, and that avatar is an Undine. And on that note, I'd love to see more of the ALO races that we didn't get to see much of..
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 15:41   Link #34
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Fun fact, remember Kirito bluffing about representing a Spriggan-Undine union? The race Asuna picked was Undine.
He wasn't TECHNICALLY lying. He was representing A Spriggan-Undine union. All 2 of it's members in fact. :P Hell the fact that they are married just enhances the "union" message. Hahahaha.

On the other hand everytime a SAO arc ends, it usually could be considered done. But it somehow is able to continue on nevertheless.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 15:42   Link #35
Rakshasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't think they'll allow another device like that to be manufactured and sold in the open. And if someone buys a black-market device and subjects themselves to unknown risk, it might as well be treated as suicide, to be honest.
Actually there's pretty much no industrialised country where they would get away with doing anything but put them in hospital care.

There's a very strong principle of not allowing someone who is not brain-dead or terminally ill to die. Euthanasia doesn't really count in this case as the patient is alive and living a perfectly decent life, even if it is in a virtual world.
Old 2012-12-22, 15:42   Link #36
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
Can't really see how a second run of the SAO game would come close to even matching the first without the death penalty.

That's like me geting a bunch of PS3's and trying to retrofit them with poison darts that are set to fire the moment you even so much as look at FF8 on the PSN Store.

It's a dumb plan that has no chance of working.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 15:46   Link #37
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Open source gaming, ho!

Great epilogue. I'm gonna miss watching this every Saturday.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 15:46   Link #38
Rakshasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san View Post
That's like me geting a bunch of PS3's and trying to retrofit them with poison darts that are set to fire the moment you even so much as look at FF8 on the PSN Store.

Yes, like the original navgear that also didn't work, and can no longer be produced through a change in space-time?

What are you talking about?
Old 2012-12-22, 15:51   Link #39
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san View Post

Conversion kit to wire a microwave oven to your Amusphere and put it on top of your head. Problem solved. XD

And for those with memory worse than a goldfish. Those that attended the party and later the unveiling of Aincrad inside ALO, were Liz and Silica; Yolko and Kains from the murder mystery arc; Klein and his buddies; Thinker, Yuriel and Sasha from the first floor Army arc; and obviously Agil since it's his bar.

As for other known characters seems Schmidt and Argo "the rat" didn't attend or weren't invited, although Argo does appear in the last end card

And from the colors (some already known from LN and others now shown in anime) Klein chose salamander, Agil a gnome, Liz a Leprechaun, Silica a Caithsith, Thinker and Yuriel are Undines and Sasha a Puca (Ep. 16 race selection screen, green wings with turquoise clothes with musical notes)
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 15:56   Link #40
Rakshasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Conversion kit to wire a microwave oven to your Amusphere and put it on top of your head. Problem solved. XD
If drugs can get smuggled around, surely some hardware could be moved from manufacturing plants in <corrupt country of choice> before the authorities realize people are intentionally subjecting themselves to the death game.

The original design turned out to be quite tamper-proof, so there's no need to design new systems.