5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-04-17, 05:02   Link #301
Tenzen12

So punching people with good reason is heroic quality? Great Mirage us out of the woods
Old 2016-04-17, 05:08   Link #302
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Time? They're literally in the process of leaving. And that's not even counting solidarity between members of an organization which may well decide to chuck any external complaint form a nobody to a dustbin.

Yes, as long as she believes there will be no consequences.
I have no problems with this take, it's just I don't get where you are coming from with it.
Quote:
(And really, "ready to take the consequences" doesn't make "willing to punch people without a good reason" a heroic quality.)
That was never my point. (Letting aside that she had a good reason) My point is just that she is ready to face them; so if ever, it makes it a mature way to handle the whole thing.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 05:46   Link #303
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
So punching people with good reason is heroic quality? Great Mirage us out of the woods
We've been through this. "Hayato did something illegal" isn't a good reason to punch him. "She's an insecure little shit" isn't a good reason to punch him either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I have no problems with this take, it's just I don't get where you are coming from with it.

That was never my point. (Letting aside that she had a good reason) My point is just that she is ready to face them; so if ever, it makes it a mature way to handle the whole thing.
There is nothing mature about it. The mature way is exactly what she suggested Hayato do: go through channels. Giving in to anger is a child's behavior, even if you docilely agree to go to bed without dessert afterwards.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 06:33   Link #304
Tenzen12

Ilegal AND irresponsible AND dangerous to other people. That has nothing to do with possible but not yet confirmed insecurity.

But yes we have been through this. It's shame nothing get through...
Old 2016-04-17, 07:20   Link #305
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Ilegal AND irresponsible AND dangerous to other people.
Doesn't matter. Hayato could be a confirmed war criminal, it still wouldn't have been a good reason to punch him then. We have laws (including laws against police brutality, or in this case just battery) for a reason.

Quote:
But yes we have been through this. It's shame nothing get through...
Among the things that haven't been getting through: that I haven't been defending Hayato.
Old 2016-04-17, 08:34   Link #306
magnuskn

I wouldn't count on the Macross universe having the same laws as us. ^^
Old 2016-04-17, 09:08   Link #307
Dragonria

No thread for episode 03?
Dragonria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 09:19   Link #308
Arya

Quote:
There is nothing mature about it. The mature way is exactly what she suggested Hayato do: go through channels. Giving in to anger is a child's behavior, even if you docilely agree to go to bed without dessert afterwards.
So, for you being ready to face the consequences of your own actions is not mature. Well, our opinions differ, but ok.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 09:35   Link #309
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
So, for you being ready to face the consequences of your own actions is not mature. Well, our opinions differ, but ok.
What I'm saying is that that quality alone does not constitute maturity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I wouldn't count on the Macross universe having the same laws as us. ^^
No, but they don't look like they live in some kind of brutal police state where the guy (or gal) in uniform can do whatever they want to the guy without uniform either.
Old 2016-04-17, 16:49   Link #310
magnuskn

They live in a state, though, where you can nilly-willy declare someone from another state a traitor and try to execute them, i.e. what happened to Sheryl in the movies.
Old 2016-04-19, 13:20   Link #311
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Finally got a chance to see episode 2...

In the end I don't see Mirage being any more mature than Hayate at this point. Just grumpier. Starting off with slugging a person and then leaving like an angry child. At least she showed some level of ability to take responsibility, but the way she actually put it across just came off as mature as Hayate's gesture after she left .

I'll be glad when we get to the point where Mirage picks up some maturity. Can be responsible, but be utterly immature about it and that's where she is in this episode. At least the OP gives the impression she'll eventually get to that point. Just is going to be a bit annoying until she does. Though does feel like a safe bet she's coming out of this love triangle on top so at least hope she's likable by the end of it.

Heck of a last test this group comes up with though. Wonder if they would just do that in general with someone who had high enough levels just to play it safe? Though in this case clearly the goal wasn't really that. They already knew she had crazy levels during that last fight, but didn't during the testing. A pretty bold move to see if she was just able to bring that out during a crisis situation.

Still, props on Freyja for getting to her goal. Long way to go to hit her potential, but it's a nice development for her. Good thing considering there wasn't much of a backup plan for her .