AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-02-25, 21:41   Link #481
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

After watching Kodomo no Jikan and (some romance H-ovas), I wonder if someone can rewrite a little bit of IS plot like how if Ichika was the world champion and works in IS academy as a teacher (so a little bit older than the cast) and the harem are his students. xD
It's also possible for Houki and Rin to still remain his osana najimis if the age gap is not too wide and if you want to include Chifuyu as a possessive imouto (wow, role reversal) is good. At least...(hopefully) you won't get a dense protagonist if he is older and more mature than the cast.

xD
Actually, I might get somewhere with this!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 00:06   Link #482
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSaba View Post
Just outta curiosity, I cant really site it but I will give credit to whomever posted it on this forum regarding the NNPT, which is closely related to the story. I say if your wanting to make anyone, look into. Its worth it =D
That would be me. Thanks for the compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Heck if my OC have a henshin sequence i want it to be like this

Spoiler for Henshin Masked otaku black!!!:
OLD SCHOOL!!

Yeah but I only intended to have 2 weirdoes with them so... Better not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Kha's [Chastity Engines] are already an idea for such "infinizord" moments- but then they are for the enemy.

Still making twins atm
The Chastity Engines are dead dog gone! Stop resurrecting them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Spoiler for Prologue:

Quick write-up rough draft for the prologue. Bleh.

On another note; I need to know from you people. (If any) Which OC's would you like to be seen in my fanfiction? Sadly, my inefficiency can't accept every one, so only one per person, unless you have to have several. If you have no inclination in the first place, don't fret, my feelings aren't hurt in any way.

Just realize not all of them may survive.
ELS! ITS THE ELS!!

*runs around screaming*

Quote:
Also just some food for thought, the NNPT (Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty) is basically a pact saying that the countries under it will not pass on or misuse the nuclear weapons they have attaind either through trade with allied countries, or created with their own resources. The countries allied are USA, Russia, UK, France, China, also the five permanent members of the UNSC (United Nation Security Council). In the series we have seen at least 4 or 5 if not all the countries allied with this treaty. The only ones I dont think (Or can't seem to find) are the Arabians, and the Spanish.
There's a misconception here. When I first came up with the theory, I noted that only those armed with nuclear weapons have appeared with powerful IS and are part of Ichika's harem. These happened to be the permanent members of the Security Council as well. I believed that this was why the author gave the snark jibe at the US and the UNSC in general comparing them to "global yakuza" in the manga.

- UK, France and China are confirmed to have personal IS reps.
- Russia and US both have reps; Russia having hired a Japanese girl (light novel) and the US being the student with the personal IS in Class 1-3 mentioned in the 2nd/3rd episode of the anime. It is highly likely they would become part of Ichika's harem.

That means all of the permanent members of the UNSC have been represented in the Ichika Harem.

Following that pattern, that leaves just 4 other countries with nukes: Israel, India, Pakistan, and North Korea. I've already argued that the author conveniently replaced India and Pakistan with Germany and Japan (now part of the Ichika Harem), and it can be argued that Phantom Task represents the Kim Dynasty (which is waiting to be added into the harem per light novel).

Therefore, I decided to represent Israel with my own country (which shares so many parallels with Israel it ain't funny), Singapore. To break the pattern so far, I made Karon an imouto-type character who has a non-sexual relationship with Ichika, his "little sister not related by blood". This is part of the character building done under my main fic, [IS: Shooting Star].

The hilarious other parallel is that there are enough girls (current and potential) for Ichika to star in Amagami SS; again I parodied that with my romance-centric side story, [Infinite Stratos: SS].

You should notice that both titles [IS: Shooting Star] and [Infinite Stratos: SS] are plays on each other.

~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

Well... Shit. The Alaska Treaty dictates that any technology developed for IS must be shared with the rest of the world. It was a thinly disguised method of ensuring that Japan could not pull another White Knight on them, but at the same time it screws with what the other nations can do with the technology. The Treaty allows entities to keep their technology secret until the first field test, and allows all research and testing to be done on neutral territory, which is the ISA, without having to reveal such details. Mass-production still requires a complete audit of the technology however.

All that bull renders all our parading of super prototypes null and void, not to mention blows a big hole in my Yggdrastratos core energy collection system being a guarded recipe.

There's the other problem that the Merlion even in her current state is still too powerful for the arena, considering how quickly Laura went down. However, the VT system showed that IS can remodel themselves, which gives me the avenue to better conceal the Shooting Star IS when they are flying their covert missions.

I'll be reworking Karon's profile this weekend to take into account the newly discovered restrictions as well as her new looks. For the current Merlion will become the covert face of the unit. I'd have to redo the Yggdra system and desociate them from IS as well, so this 3.5G schtick would just mean late 3rd Gen IS model rather than some lolscience power supply that uses a person's brain and willpower as energy.
Old 2011-02-26, 00:27   Link #483
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post

I'll try my best to enact Ray properly.
Eh, I expect everyone to have their own interpretation of a charismatic, balls to the wall, hammy elder brother figure.

As a rule of thumb, he's basically a genre savvy Kamina, who succeeds most of the time and pumps the melodrama into everything he sees, including affairs as mundane as going to the bathroom. To him, there is apparently some value of character or plot development in everything.

Now, from a more objective standpoint, Ray's true talent can said to be that whatever he sets his mind to, he accomplishes not because of luck alone, but through extensive preparation and information gathering. When you already get to the burning bridge, it's too late for plans that's why you have to plan ahead, so when the crisis hits, all you have to do punch it with all your strength and press forward. Yeah?

Do I expect him to die? Hell yes, but not before making it to the Final Five and passing on his will to someone else, and only then going out in a blaze of glory against ridiculous odds. Cue Badass Creed:

"Molōn labe!" ~ "Come and take them!" attributed to King Leonidas I of Sparta, for obvious reasons.

Would I be surprised he survives? Very.

"So, I am the last man on Earth? ...Gosh, I can't wait to see who's the last WOMAN on Earth!"
Old 2011-02-26, 01:07   Link #484
Asuras
Dictadere~!

With the simple name of "Kamina" in my mind, I had the utmost intention to kill him in a fiery death of agonizingly ridiculous baddassery.

But not before taking out at least 3 A-AIS in one swipe.

I'll take your description to heart. Anyone else?
Old 2011-02-26, 04:35   Link #485
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
The Chastity Engines are dead dog gone! Stop resurrecting them!!
*smacks Kha around with Volume 1 of "The Dark Side of IS" by Gerard*

Quote:
you have misread parts of it

Quote:
The Treaty allows entities to keep their technology secret until the first field test, and allows all research and testing to be done on neutral territory, which is the ISA, without having to reveal such details.

All that bull renders all our parading of super prototypes null and void, not to mention blows a big hole in my Yggdrastratos core energy collection system being a guarded recipe.
Taken from here

It says that the ISA is the only one place where entities can flaunt their technology w/o global disclosure- so all those super prototypes can still be there- only when their tech is passed on to general use does it need to be disclosed.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 04:53   Link #486
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Would you want to include my own Stoic half psycho boy Hikari Alex?
He might be fitting as he's in a dark organization that likes to put its nose everywhere something fishy happens...

You might need to put some references to Lyn though, as the reason why he can drive that IS of his is largely linked to her.

Aliens ftw!

Chapter 3 is STILL in the works, although around 75% complete. World Of Tanks has been making me busy again...
Old 2011-02-26, 06:21   Link #487
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'd throw my OCs in, but as I said earlier, Shooting Star would only be ready for aliens at the end of Infinite Stratos, after they've gotten all their plots done and mid season upgrades broken into.

That's about... 3 years from canon present.

They can be used now anyway, Sherry, Marina, Hokusui, Three and Karon, just that they won't be as awesomesauce as later.

EDIT:

Quick patch to Karon's profile, now that I found an image fitting of her. And yes, the Orimura Imouto is strong with this one.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-02-26 at 06:52.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 09:26   Link #488
BlackSaba
Black Man

Location: In a house on a street with a lot of cars passing by =D
Quote:

That means all of the permanent members of the UNSC have been represented in the Ichika Harem.
Im digging your theory bro. Im going to be doing some digging see what I can find out more about relations to to the real world with this story. It seems to me like there could be more flawless character development and presentation (Given that Laura in a mere 4 episodes, Hated Ichika, Got mad at Chifuyu, Fought and got her ass beat, Then claimed him her "wife" or "bride" what have you. With a kissu kissu. ~chu~....)
BlackSaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 09:32   Link #489
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Reworking profile due to new information.......
Old 2011-02-26, 12:31   Link #490
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

On the flipside, episode 8 just gave a minor level of justification for Kyral and mine's cybernetic enhanced characters.

Go us!
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 16:19   Link #491
Terminator98
*Author

Ok, updated all my chars. Either reformatted some info or added some stuff.

Now time to sleep and get chapter 3 on.
Old 2011-02-27, 06:42   Link #492
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Im digging your theory bro. Im going to be doing some digging see what I can find out more about relations to to the real world with this story. It seems to me like there could be more flawless character development and presentation (Given that Laura in a mere 4 episodes, Hated Ichika, Got mad at Chifuyu, Fought and got her ass beat, Then claimed him her "wife" or "bride" what have you. With a kissu kissu. ~chu~....)
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Reworking profile due to new information.......
Ah yes, developer hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
On the flipside, episode 8 just gave a minor level of justification for Kyral and mine's cybernetic enhanced characters.

Go us!
Who somehow predate the release of IS wtf?

At least we know that the timeline before the release of IS has already deviated as a result, with the tech level of the world already higher than ours by a certain amount. That's should ease off some fire on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
Ok, updated all my chars. Either reformatted some info or added some stuff.

Now time to sleep and get chapter 3 on.
That's bloody fast!!

Karon has been completely overhauled.

Most of the character building bits are the same, with a bit more info about Kha-nyan's catty habits. Her photo has changed to fit the Orimura little sister role better. (I also discovered that the profile already specifies her having short hair, but somehow I shopped a pic with long hair. Oops. ) As the short hair resulted from a particularly nasty fight later in the story, so any fanart drawn with her with long hair is still accurate.

As promised earlier, I reworked the sneaky mass production technology so as not to clash with the Alaska Treaty (and included a jibe at the water issue. )

The IS design on the other hand has been completely redone, and the result is a simple suit can fits Karon's bill better. It allows me to have both the beamspam cake and eat the kungfu cake.

Btw, if you notice any "Imouto Imouto" (I used Find and Replace function) please let me know.

So that means Termie you're going to need to reevaluate the I-Type Vandam Imouto.
Old 2011-02-27, 10:43   Link #493
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

...surprisingly the only story i feel like writing involves IS at a peripheral level.

You have an IS on an overwater solo flight. It goes down. Who are you going to call?

These people, that's who.

"Emergency scramble! IS down!"

"Artemis Two Zero and Helios Eight Five, scrambling."

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 13:50   Link #494
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Go us!
It also gave me some more ideas about Reaper's background.

Quote:

Karon has been completely overhauled.
It also completely destroyed the legitimation of my one drawing.

Oh well, maybe the girl in the picture just isn't Karon.
Old 2011-02-27, 14:11   Link #495
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
It also gave me some more ideas about Reaper's background.

It also completely destroyed the legitimation of my one drawing.

Oh well, maybe the girl in the picture just isn't Karon.
It is legimate Kyral.. Meister said that she cuts her hair later. BECAUSE HER BEST FRIEND'S IN A COMA AND SHE'S CHEATING ON HER BY TAKING HIS DEPRESSIVE BOYFRIEND...

oh wait, that's not it. :P

Coming up with the last member of Alex's harem... been working more on revisions than on finishing that damn chapter. XD

edit: Also coming up with a throughout explanation of how the Plasma projector works, leaving the tech-savy people less dissapointed...
Old 2011-02-27, 14:29   Link #496
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
It is legimate Kyral.. Meister said that she cuts her hair later. BECAUSE HER BEST FRIEND'S IN A COMA AND SHE'S CHEATING ON HER BY TAKING HIS DEPRESSIVE BOYFRIEND...
True, so true... after that shuttle incident she just... ah wait. Oo;

Actually it was more that her hair color didn't matched and I failed to read that she actually still has gray colored hair. The new picture threw me off balance.
Old 2011-02-27, 17:24   Link #497
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The grey colored hair was because of my limited shopping ability. I wanted to turn it black from the start, but I failed to do successfully...

You could always shade the original color black? Sorry...

Btw, I'm missing the anime reference here... What shuttle accident?
Old 2011-02-27, 17:54   Link #498
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Yeah I could do that without problems.. but it pains me to change my pictures. Call it "artist's pride".

Actually I wanted to write "car accident" but I thought I stay a little Sci-Fi...

I'm not 100% sure but I think Terminator was making a KimiNozo reference.

Last edited by Kyral; 2011-02-28 at 11:49.
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 18:13   Link #499
Terminator98
*Author

@Kyral: Yep.

Ok.. I've decided that I'd change Sophia's unit so that it's more unique and not an amalgation of Haruka's and Sarah's units...

Also, Alex's newest Harem entry is coming up soon, should post em when I wake up (plus complete exlpanation about the plasma stuff and how it works. Should also get a sneak shot of the OD-EXIS-02 Samael.)
Old 2011-02-27, 18:40   Link #500
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

It was my fault too, never clarified the correct color.

So yeah... That 'shuttle accident' from Kiminozo... I see. XD

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest