AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-05-02, 10:57   Link #161
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

I can see a bishounen boyband.
Old 2017-05-02, 15:22   Link #162
magnuskn

I'd like two female pilots fighting over a male singer.
Old 2017-05-02, 15:41   Link #163
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Female pilots, yes! Male singer? *conjurs images of Basara*

Oh hell no!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2017-05-02, 20:07   Link #164
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Male rockstar rocks! But I doubt today’s kids can be on the same level as Yoshiki Fukuyama and other male rock-singers of the old.
Old 2017-05-03, 00:13   Link #165
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Male rockstar rocks! But I doubt today’s kids can be on the same level as Yoshiki Fukuyama and other male rock-singers of the old.

I want the guy who did Guilty Gear to do the next round of Macross!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2018-03-28, 16:16   Link #166
Mistyclear

Any news on the new series yet???
Old 2018-05-02, 10:47   Link #167
Tak

Ya know... Macross the Ride preceded Gundam Build Fighters by a couple of years. Its funny that it has not been adapted as a full show yet...

- Tak

Old 2018-07-26, 05:36   Link #168
KongaKonga

from what Kawamori hinted I don't think this Macross will be new Macross( I could probably wrong).When been asking about potential second movie of delta he says he wants to do new work for Delta since delta left unfinished[reference: macross delta movie event will be included in Macross delta movie bd & soul out+ bulletin] ..and coincidence that Walkure will be holding a concert this September they could announce something..and dont forget about macross ga tomaranai and macross modelers still going on

Imagine delta second season..the salt will be unreal(make me want it haha)
Old 2018-07-26, 08:11   Link #169
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KongaKonga View Post
Imagine delta second season..the salt will be unreal
Jesus Christ, man...

Old 2018-07-26, 16:34   Link #170
endlessabyss

Quote:
from what Kawamori hinted I don't think this Macross will be new Macross( I could probably wrong).When been asking about potential second movie of delta he says he wants to do new work for Delta since delta left unfinished[reference: macross delta movie event will be included in Macross delta movie bd & soul out+ bulletin] ..and coincidence that Walkure will be holding a concert this September they could announce something..and dont forget about macross ga tomaranai and macross modelers still going on

Imagine delta second season..the salt will be unreal(make me want it haha)

If your words hold true, then it pretty much confirms my longtime hunch there will be a second movie. There is no way the first Delta movie would end where it is especially what I gathered from a podcast/review of it. A lot of stuff from the TV version was removed and, I suspect, will be reintroduced some way or another should a second movie be made. Also 1. Walkure group and the music are still popular so why not continue to capitalize on them while the group is still hot? Plus the need to show more performances. Is there just one in the current Delta movie? 2. Increase/maintain the hype and longevity of the Macross train before an entirely new Macross entry can be made. 3. Earlier this year it was mention that a new Macross is in the works. I came across a few Macross fans from another forum inquiring there should be already be some news about it by now, so is this the news? : O
Anyways, I welcome a second movie (to finalize what is left of the first movie). The show didn't do the characters, the story, the art (background), etc. any justice.

As for a second season of a TV version, I don't think so. Delta's main story line is complete even though it was poorly executed and with missing gaps in between which the suspected second movie would correct among the many errors. If yes, it would need a lot of new planning and resources. Who would be the new enemy? What is the story this time?

Last edited by endlessabyss; 2018-07-26 at 19:18.
Old 2018-07-26, 18:41   Link #171
John117xCortana

That stinks. I was hoping for a new Frontier.

Especially when it was announced that May'n and Megumi Nakajima are back with reprising Sheryl and Ranka in a new album. With Yoko Kanno writing the songs again.
Old 2018-07-26, 22:44   Link #172
Tak

I’d be quite happy if they adapt Macross the Ride. Or Macross the Ride II if they want to be slightly original.

- Tak

Old 2018-07-29, 21:02   Link #173
magnuskn

So far we got only the rumors of one person to go on, so I wouldn't throw in the towel yet on an entirely new series.
Old 2018-08-06, 13:21   Link #174
KongaKonga

Fall 2018 anime season list...no new macross will come out this year it seem ..I think upcoming Walkure concert will address that
http://uzurainfo.han-be.com/18a.html
Old 2018-08-06, 17:36   Link #175
John117xCortana

This stinks...
Old 2018-09-03, 05:59   Link #176
devilo96

Please no more delta....tbh i prefer we get sequel from frontier sayonara no tsubasa.....idk after watching that movie..i feel alto and sherly should together in the end...
[*SNIP*]
But for me....delta is si fucking bad(not the song) and we get less battle animation...come on this mecha anime we should get at least 60% mecha action and 40% music and drama but delta..oh god...i can count how many they change from jet mode to full body mode...and when they change to full body mode...they just fuking dance

I know mecha animator is dyinh right now even sunrise cant keep the quality good like they did in 00 but at least...sigh~ every time i talking about delta and aquarion logos i just can badmouthing about it

If i become no 1 richest man in the world..im gonna invest to the studio so they can make frontier new series..and im gonna pay the writer so he can fuking write the ending that make alto and sherly a big wedding...after that the last 5 min the alto kid play together with sherly in alto
Kinda sad...im.just poor colege student...now im gonna study hard for my fuking dream

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2018-09-03 at 12:56. Reason: Please don't insult other people...
Old 2018-09-08, 19:57   Link #177
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Quote:
Fall 2018 anime season list...no new macross will come out this year it seem ..I think upcoming Walkure concert will address that
http://uzurainfo.han-be.com/18a.html
I assumed from the beginning that "2018" would end up being the debut of the New Year's Eve pre-broadcast special, and following the pattern of Frontier and Delta, the new series would start airing in Spring 2019.
Old 2018-09-10, 01:37   Link #178
charles883

Are you okay that next Macross series will feature Macross fleet go to Another galaxy like Andromeda?
Old 2018-09-20, 19:45   Link #179
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
I assumed from the beginning that "2018" would end up being the debut of the New Year's Eve pre-broadcast special, and following the pattern of Frontier and Delta, the new series would start airing in Spring 2019.
(<.<)
(>.>)

Okay. I'm gonna say it. I will be very... happy? At least interested if this prediction is true. But here is why I don't think this'll happen:

Frontier, M30 the game and Delta had a Miss Macross well before any sorta major details were released. We knew names etc. By this point we had staff names, designs, promo art and even clips.

What do we have now? The Delta movie as project 2018.
Anything past that is Frontier related, because it's the 10th anniversary. New merch is coming out, Kanno is back and doing an album with May'n and Megu. Kanno was not involved in Delta. Even more importantly, Megu has been avoiding singing roles since Happiness Charge! PreCure. But she is back for this at full force.

I highly doubt there will ever be a Frontier S2, nor do I think it's needed (sorry, maggy, if we ever meet, I'll buy you lunch or something). At this point Walküre has been the most they could milk and even that has been kinda meh. Frontier is still going strong. Kawamori and his co. work for/with Satelight, a... small company (Symphogear is big? LMAO look at the animation in the first season.).
Maybe they'll come out with something new out of nowhere. And if it's great, I'll be very happy. For now I think a rest would be a better call. They can milk SheriRan and Walküre and use the money for something hopefully better, than Delta. A complete snooze with characters going nowhere and abhorent moral lessons wrg to the villains.

God. That was long. It was a lot shorter but I deleted the first post while typing. Whatev. To a good next Macross! FFFFIIIIRE!!!!
Old 2018-09-21, 05:09   Link #180
magnuskn

After ten years and the near disaster that was Delta, I'd be quite apprehensive about the quality of a Frontier S2, TBH.