AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-02-01, 10:11   Link #281
Eragon
Still Alive

I think I will watch the 3rd movie with my hands tied to a pole or something. Otherwise I'm gonna need a new laptop........................Especially if the animation is that good(for once I don't want good animation)
Old 2013-02-03, 11:22   Link #282
klare

yup felt like they skip many things, especially important is why the governor is so fond of Griffith, which led to the fall of the stronghold and the real reason Guts able to defeat the purple rhino

as a movie, it is really fun to watch (since manga readers already understood why thinsg happen), have to watch again Guts earning the title of 100 men slayer
Old 2013-02-06, 11:16   Link #283
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Kotaku reviews the 3rd Berserk movie.

The Third Berserk Movie is by Far the Most Violent Thing I Have Ever Watched

It should be noted the reviewer was watching the R-15+ version of the movie which he considers very violent. If that version was very violent with the reviewer, i cannot imagine how will the R-18+ version be.
Old 2013-02-06, 12:26   Link #284
Belial13

the 18+ version will show boobs / the rape scene more and that will probably be the only difference
Belial13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 19:25   Link #285
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Sounds promising. For what it's worth regarding explicit content, I'm currently enjoying Spartacus on TV, but couldn't finish Lars von Trier's Antichrist a while back. Not that 2D and 3D are entirely comparable, though.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 03:18   Link #286
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

how long will it take to get a subbed version out?
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 03:37   Link #287
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I'd wait to see the R18+ coming out with subs for this one.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 05:13   Link #288
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Kotaku reviews the 3rd Berserk movie.

The Third Berserk Movie is by Far the Most Violent Thing I Have Ever Watched

It should be noted the reviewer was watching the R-15+ version of the movie which he considers very violent. If that version was very violent with the reviewer, i cannot imagine how will the R-18+ version be.
Whenever I hear things like this. Takes me back to the anime Violence Jack.
Old 2013-06-21, 13:42   Link #289
solomon

Well I saw it. Audio and Visuals are everything people said it was, AMAZING.

Now I gotta read the manga.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 14:04   Link #290
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
If that version was very violent with the reviewer, i cannot imagine how will the R-18+ version be.
R18 shows the female lower body while in the r15 it is darkened out or cuts away to nature shots at those parts.
Old 2013-06-21, 16:29   Link #291
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
R18 shows the female lower body while in the r15 it is darkened out or cuts away to nature shots at those parts.
Only the female? That's double standard. If we don't get to see Griffith's demon dick I'm not interested.
Old 2013-06-22, 21:34   Link #292
Finre

i wonder why producers sticks with 3D. Character expressions are very bad and it drops the overall quality in my opinion.
Finre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 07:12   Link #293
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finre View Post
i wonder why producers sticks with 3D. Character expressions are very bad and it drops the overall quality in my opinion.
Primarily as a cost saving measure, I reckon. Though I'm hopeful that cel shading will improve overtime, to a point where it'll be nigh indistinguishable from 2D but without the limitations in terms of character movements etc.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 12:38   Link #294
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Finally found a good version, Skull Knight was so fucking epic.
Old 2013-06-27, 17:42   Link #295
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I hope they'll change the animation style or seriously improve for the next set of movies, but this PS2 level CGI is so terrible it ruins my enjoyment. It's fine to animate the apostles and the Skull Knight like this, but not the human characters please. The third movie was lot better in that respect, but it's still not there yet.

I'm hoping they'll cut less content as well. They left out so much. The members of the band of hawk were barely characters in these movies. The eclipse loses most of its impact because of that. I don't know if I've become completely desensitized to violence these past ten years, but I didn't even bat an eye during the eclipse. Definitely not "the most violent thing ever".
Old 2013-06-28, 22:37   Link #296
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I was a bit angry on how some of the characters were portrayed. Especially with Guts/Caska. Their expressions were awkward and didn't fit in some scenes. I think the character development lacks the quality to par with the manga or anime. They overused 3D animation and should have kept it minimal or use it for only the Eclipse scene. I thought the camera work was done quite well, especially the end where the camera pulls back into the darkness. My feelings are split for the ending. I liked the erie atmosphere toward the end, but I was expecting more impact.

BTW the audio in the 97' anime was great. The movie lacked in the audio department.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 09:47   Link #297
hamazura
whatever

Wow naked Slan and naked blondie whom corkis fuck is veryyyyy hoooot and they play with they booobs... Ugh.... Ehem... I mean.. fuck you griffith.... Fuck you... Because of you now our brave girl, casca become idiot and autism :angry:

So next movie after this? Eclipse arc trilogy?
I hope they will make it since in movie opening, there are puck, farnese, serpico, isidro and schirke
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 00:22   Link #298
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Lest I had forgotten after all these years, if anything this movie just reminds me that ...Griffith is about a piece of shit...
Old 2013-07-01, 15:11   Link #299
Casshern

Griffith is one of the best characters until this point. It's easy to hate him without considering that his mind was completely ruined from a year of torture. Being rescued and witnessing all the things that he took for granted, such as Casca's affection, now all beyond his reach, was like another torture that pushed him over the edge. So he made the sacrifice. As Femto, he's already lost whatever was left of his humanity.

It's not until later in the manga with the phantasia and falconia arc that he becomes boring.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 11:21   Link #300
erdii

wow finally Golden Egg arc is over. well it was animated before so we were comparing it with the first anime version. now new movies will be first of its kind, I am so looking forward to it does anyone know when new movie will be out?

Tags
action, berserk, seinen