AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 45 40.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 25.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 12.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 12.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-12, 20:07   Link #21
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Lots of nice service this ep.

Is the Tree Diagram built using one off components? Instead of using the the pieces can't they build another one?
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 20:08   Link #22
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Kuroko's finally a main character )
Old 2010-11-12, 20:14   Link #23
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Lots of nice service this ep.

Is the Tree Diagram built using one off components? Instead of using the the pieces can't they build another one?
We're not sure of the details, but it implies that those components cannot be recreated. Maybe because of the insane cost of even building one? It was suppose to be a super-SUPER computer that can even tell the weather.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 20:28   Link #24
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

it did feel a little rushed but it got the main things and they had to put kuroko acting funny in the beginning or it wouldn't be the same. Also they didn't exactly show what happened in the first fight. But im still pleased.

BTW what BGM?
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 21:09   Link #25
Flere821
Lurker

Pretty good episode IMO, fast-paced but I didn't get the feeling it's rushed.

I'm also disappointed that the bit where LO and Accel talks about the previous incident are not included, plus some other details that wasn't put into the episode. I understand they cut off the bit where Mikoto curbstomped Awaki's forces due to it not being too important to the plot, but it would have been nice seeing other espers being beaten down easily by her.

Still, a 9/10 from me.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 21:35   Link #26
Dahak86
Classics never age

Wow, magnificent ep!

- kurokoxOnee-sama fanservice!
- kurokoxOnee-sama interactions!
- kuroko all the way...
- Mikoto ACTION!

ah, yea, that lvl-4 is not bad either... (very nice legs)!

man, this was such a great episode!
easily gets 10/10 from me, just for the fanservice! MOAR of that, please.

and now, enjoy the glorious gifs/pics below =>
Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-12, 21:51   Link #27
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Fanservice! i thought im watching Railgun instead of index

anyways good episode 9/10
Old 2010-11-12, 21:56   Link #28
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually as someone who had read this volume, I thought they did a really good job adapting it. The reason why the fights felt short in comparison to the other novel readers was because most of it involves ALOT of monologue planning, if you cut out those then this is what you would get... Though in the process they seem to have removed Mikoto fighting with the other Espers. Also I would like to add that the other large portion of the story went to Kuroko's [undying love for Mikoto] monologue which was honestly sweet, but abit overkill later on.

The Remnant arc is possibly the most straight forward story for this season so really the anime just got the right amount of information in and they're already at the half mark point, I could honestly see this ending smoothly next episode. But then again, I really only had one expectation for this arc and it comes from the last part...
Pretty much what I thought as well. The only part that seemed a little bit iffy was the last scene with Mikoto, but it resulted in the same thing either way without really discrediting the actual purpose of why Mikoto seemed to hesitate.

As for the monologues thing... I actually think totally ignoring them for this episode actually works better as long as it's given a good drive home next week. You're a novel reader, so you should be aware when the most key and vital 'monologue' moments in this story is. Keeping the 'facade' is important when you translate it into animation.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 22:03   Link #29
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Pretty much what I thought as well. The only part that seemed a little bit iffy was the last scene with Mikoto, but it resulted in the same thing either way without really discrediting the actual purpose of why Mikoto seemed to hesitate.

As for the monologues thing... I actually think totally ignoring them for this episode actually works better as long as it's given a good drive home next week. You're a novel reader, so you should be aware when the most key and vital 'monologue' moments in this story is. Keeping the 'facade' is important when you translate it into animation.
can u PM me the
Quote:
most key and vital 'monologue' moments in this story
Old 2010-11-12, 22:09   Link #30
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
can u PM me the
Baka-tsuki. Vol 8, Chapter 4.

Rather than saying it's vital, it's more appropriate to say that it's the best ( emotionally-charged ) reflection of the mental battle that takes place between those espers.

I don't like to spoil, but it's basically the type of scene that would allow a 3rd person viewer to put their own pieces of the puzzle onto earlier scenes that weren't given the benefit of internal monologues.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 22:10   Link #31
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I thought this episode was brilliant.

I found this more interesting than the other Index II episodes. Perhaps it's because the focus has shifted from the world to the characters. I liked Kuroko's character throughout the whole series, but from this one episode, damn... Such an awesome character.

I found myself laughing during the beginning of the episode, and at the edge of my seat when everything got serious. The whole flying-through-the-town thing caught me a little off guard. But also answered one of my questions of, "So, Kuroko can fly if she just teleports a lot while in the air?".

Voice acting... Both Misaka and Kuroko's VA are excellent as always.

I really wish this would last more than two episodes... But because it was in Index, I doubt it'd be expanded if we get a Railgun II.

I can't say much for this episode besides the fact that I think more episodes should be like this. I'm real biased though since I'm a Railgun fan. The pacing was fast, but having not read the light novel, nothing really felt left out. I really liked the fast pace actually. It gets to the point instead of dwelling. I never found myself losing focus at times like I did with the previous arc.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 22:16   Link #32
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

can someone post a pic of kurokos shocked face when

Spoiler for pads:
Old 2010-11-12, 22:24   Link #33
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Accelerator action next week.
Old 2010-11-12, 22:30   Link #34
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

The one thing that bothers me about the Kuroko teleportation in air scene is - how the hell is Kuroko keeping herself floating when she's not teleporting from place to place?
Old 2010-11-12, 22:53   Link #35
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
can someone post a pic of kurokos shocked face when

Spoiler for pads:
oh, you mean this, perhaps? =>
Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-12, 23:17   Link #36
Kyouka
Is Here

only thing i can think of shes gliding and using her powers to glide its not like shes flying shes probably teleporting every 3 secs to the same sot so it looks like shes flying but unlike awaki she can instant teleport herself but <3 awaki is gonna kick some arse next week
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 23:31   Link #37
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Of course, many people will kick her ass too...

Maybe Railgun will expand the part of Mikoto before Kuroko interfere.
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 23:32   Link #38
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
I didn't watch the episode yet, but from a looks of it, A CERTAIN SCENE I WAS PRAYING FOR JC STAFF TO ADAPT WELL FORGOT A CERTAIN IMPORTANT PART THAT DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO EPISODE 20 OF THE FIRST SEASON:
Spoiler for volume 8 space and point:

Disappoint.
Wow. That is a seriously bitter truncation of events! Even if the revelation may do nothing to further the particulars of this arc, it's little character moments as these that I gain a deeper appreciation for any series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Kuroko needs her own spin-off. She's really just too awesome.
That she should. Though a big part of her draw for me is Satomi Arai's performance. It's just so creepy hilarious!
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 23:34   Link #39
pikachuwei

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2010-11-12, 23:45   Link #40
ion475
にこにこにー

From the point of view of someone who haven't read the novel yet - yeah, there seems to be some disconnects, but maybe some of the stuff are just not shown yet...

That won't make this episode anything less than 10, though, by the sole fact that Kuroko is finally back!!!!

P.S. As for the Index scene not necessary, well, this is Toaru Majutsu no Index, so as much of a background character as Index is, they just have to show her
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote