AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-02-01, 00:44   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 854 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's time! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the spoiler:

-Chapter title is "What're you doing". Splash page features Zoro and Chopper.

-As Nami and Jinbei escape Big Mom's forces, they suddenly get pulled into the mirror world by Chopper! Meanwhile, in Big Mom's chambers, the living sun Prometheus is being treated for injuries. Apparently, Brooke was the first ever person to actually WOUND the talking sun! As the homie is being treated, Pudding goes over the wedding plans with Linlin: When Sanji lifts the veil to kiss his new bride, she will reveal her third eye, then immediately shoot him in the head! That gunshot will also be the signal to ambush the rest of the Vinsmokes. Interestingly, Brooke is present in the room while the mother and daughter discuss their scheme, and the latter has even dropped her sweet facade....

-At Sanji's room, one of the guards is passed out in there, which alarms another guard. He runs off to make a report. Soon, in the second floor's meeting room, the ministers (aka, Big Mom's other children) review the current situation regarding the invaders: Brooke is under Big Mom's custody, Pedro is presumed dead from the explosion, and the Chopper/Carrot duo were reported to be captured by Brulee. As for Luffy and Nami.... Charlotte Opera lies and claims the two burned to death as he tortured them. As it turns out, he's afraid to reveal the truth as it would mean that Big Mom would take away his remaining lifespan! Finally, they receive a report that the Vinsmokes (Sanji included) have retired for their rooms to the night. As the meeting ends, it seems only one of the ministers is suspicious of Opera.... Mont D'or. He's skeptical of his brother's claim that Luffy and Nami are dead, and orders the guards to keep a tighter patrol until morning arrives....

-Elsewhere in the castle, Sanji is moping while still holding on to the bento (lunchbox) he made for Pudding. However, he's spotted by Charlotte Bobbin, who wants to take some grub for himself! As Bobbin gets ready to take a piece of meat for himself, he's suddenly kicked away by Sanji! He asks what the chef is doing there despite the ministers receiving reports that he was in his room. Sanji himself also wonders what he's doing hanging around, and runs off....

Last edited by marvelB; 2017-02-02 at 05:10.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-01, 11:24   Link #2
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

there's no way big mom is going down this arc right?
luffy's hurt... he's not going to recover 100% by just eating food... and besides, he's no where near strong enough to fight big mom

imo, i think big mom will just lose her forces but able to escape somehow
Old 2017-02-01, 12:14   Link #3
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
there's no way big mom is going down this arc right?
luffy's hurt... he's not going to recover 100% by just eating food... and besides, he's no where near strong enough to fight big mom

imo, i think big mom will just lose her forces but able to escape somehow
She won't going down and i can guess that she will lost around half or maybe more of her military power, rendering her unable to do as her please right now.

Update;
Zoro is really like a gangsters with Harley Davidson and Chopper is with him as well at chapter cover but i realize that he really look like Smoker, i admit.

I feel sorry for Chopper for receiving friendly attack from Nami XD

Hope next chapter Sanji will give Luffy food.

Last edited by Ramero; 2017-02-02 at 03:59.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 05:19   Link #4
marvelB

Translated chapter's out!

Geez, Sanji's still being all angsty, I see... but I assume he's running off to meet Luffy at the end of the chapter, I at least hope. Otherwise, not much else to say, though it seems Big Mom really did intend to kill Jinbei for leaving her. We still didn't exactly get confirmation of whether or not he was forced to sacrifice some of his life to her, though....

Also, dunno about anyone else, but I think it's pretty impressive that Brooke managed to wound Big Mom's personal homies. Even if our bony friend is no match for an emperor, the fact that he was able to damage her personal living weapons speaks volumes about how far along the Soul King came since the skip (just unfortunate that the fight itself took place off-screen, however brief it may have been).
Old 2017-02-02, 06:21   Link #5
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The front page is amazing. Brook is also amazing, despite becoming big mom's pet :P

Quote:
luffy's hurt... he's not going to recover 100% by just eating food...
Well, maybe he will...or maybe not, but Luffy doesn't really fight in peak condition, right? Still, I don't think the strawhats can take down big mom, but they should weaken her enough for someone else to finish the job.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 09:52   Link #6
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

did i read it right? jinbei didn't spin the wheel?
Old 2017-02-02, 09:59   Link #7
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

cross out that "Pudding will betray everyone" plot...
she is definitely planning this with Big Mom.. and that is pretty nasty plan
I'm surprised Germa didn't plan something ahead and just went through Mom's plan

it's funny how they crossed out all the intruders
now Sanji and Luffy just need to join Brulee's mirror world.. eat something.. then ruin tomorrow's wedding
oh let's pick Reiju for nakama too
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 10:35   Link #8
Rainbowman

Quote:
did i read it right? jinbei didn't spin the wheel?
It was mentioned in previous chapters that Jinbe backed down from doing so.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 12:39   Link #9
itachi-san314

So what's the point of the wheel if you can just say no to it?

"You've wronged me! Now you must spin the wheel of death!"
"No thanks."
"Okay. Be on your way then."

I hope Jinbei is lying and he actually did spin it.

Also, I guess BM knows everything about Pudding and they speak candidly to each other. I was hoping for some kind of hidden agenda on Pudding's part. I guess it was just a red herring when we first saw her and she was being sweet to BM.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 13:44   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I doubt you can just walk away from the wheel and Big Mom, so yeah, I think Jinbe is hiding that he spinned it and lost a big chunk of his lifespan. Even if he could actually have ran away, he's too honorable to have done so.

Sanji seems to have finally made up his mind and is no doubt on his way to meet Luffy.
Old 2017-02-02, 14:16   Link #11
Casshern

Sanji remembering that he's the Strawhat Pirates chef, is running to feed his captain
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 14:32   Link #12
homohominilupus

Zoro driving Harely-Davidson,soo cooool!
So next chapter Sanji brings Luffy food,at last (I hope).
I'm more worried about Brook tough, because I got no idea how are they going to get him into mirror world. After all he is now in hands of Big Mom herself.
homohominilupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 14:47   Link #13
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I doubt you can just walk away from the wheel and Big Mom, so yeah, I think Jinbe is hiding that he spinned it and lost a big chunk of his lifespan. Even if he could actually have ran away, he's too honorable to have done so.

Sanji seems to have finally made up his mind and is no doubt on his way to meet Luffy.
maybe it'll be jinbei doing something heroic right before his life expires and his death will cause luffy to go into rage mode (super saiyan) and take out big mom lol

perhaps finally tapping into the full potential of his devil fruit
Old 2017-02-02, 15:24   Link #14
rladls2121

Pudding, she going to be killed by Big Mom.
She did show Sanji het third eye didn't she?
And not to mention if Big Mom finds out Sanji overhears and sees Pudding telling the truth to Reiju and erased her memories.

We have seen how Big Mom was angry at Lola, and here Pudding is done for being a failure to Big Mom.
I can imagine how scary Pudding's consequences is going to be, and maybe Sanji still saves her?

Both of these families are not too different from each other.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 15:58   Link #15
itachi-san314

Quote:
maybe it'll be jinbei doing something heroic right before his life expires and his death will cause luffy to go into rage mode (super saiyan) and take out big mom lol

perhaps finally tapping into the full potential of his devil fruit
I don't know about the full-potential thing because he still has to fight Kaidou, Akainu and Blackbeard, but yes. I think Jinbei is lying, will sacrifice himself before his life expires and then Luffy's rage will match BM's rage from her cake being ruined. Speaking of, Luffy might just eat the cake before she has a chance to dig in and that would be the ultimate slap in her face But he has to eat Sanji's bento first of course.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 16:01   Link #16
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Pudding, she going to be killed by Big Mom.
Not just her, Opera too when Big Mama finds out he let two prisoners escape and flat-out LIED about his blunder. Heck, one of his brothers is already suspicious of him as it is, lol.

As for Jinbei.... as I said before, notice we never actually got any clear confirmation as to whether or not he spun the roulette. But considering the strong sense of honor he had, I doubt him to be the type to run away from Big Mom's punishment.... he might just be concealing the truth for now due to the current situation. My guess is that we'll learn his fate once the dust clears....
Old 2017-02-02, 16:13   Link #17
rladls2121

^
I feel bad for some of those people working under Big Mom.
One cannot leave the crew freely as they please, and leaving can cost your life.
One cannot be a failure to your master and cost your life for failing.

Here, little by little we are seeing how Big Mom and its pirate crews are actually like.
Trusts, loyalty, and relationships are not looking bright.

Big Mom is maybe more harsh than Donflamingo.
And what is all this family affairs in this series?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 16:39   Link #18
marvelB

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I think Jinbei is lying, will sacrifice himself before his life expires and then Luffy's rage will match BM's rage from her cake being ruined.
You know, while I'm not against the idea of Jinbei sacrificing himself.... I just have to wonder why it has to happen this arc. I mean, I know it has to depend on just how much remaining lifespan he has, but if he's got, say.... a few years, even months to live (as opposed to a few weeks/days), then why not have our shark-man give up his life at a later point.... like at the climax of the series itself? Maybe he would die protecting Luffy from a major foe at Raftel or something, instead (though again, this all depends on just how much life he has remaining)....
Old 2017-02-02, 16:51   Link #19
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
You know, while I'm not against the idea of Jinbei sacrificing himself.... I just have to wonder why it has to happen this arc. I mean, I know it has to depend on just how much remaining lifespan he has, but if he's got, say.... a few years, even months to live (as opposed to a few weeks/days), then why not have our shark-man give up his life at a later point.... like at the climax of the series itself? Maybe he would die protecting Luffy from a major foe at Raftel or something, instead (though again, this all depends on just how much life he has remaining)....
What about him fighting one to one with BM in order to let Luffy and crew escape? then he could go against a tough opponent.
imza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 16:57   Link #20
Blackbeard D. Kuma

This is the yonkou saga and what better time than now to start seeing some big players get taken out. Like Kaido said, Luffy has been playing games up till now. When you deal with these beastly pirates, you either die or join them. That's the way it works in the New World. I can definitely see Jinbe being a sacrificial lamb at some point.