AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-26, 09:31   Link #2021
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Finally found the invisibility dyes. Damn why didn't I notice them sooner... so much better now.
Old 2012-05-26, 10:09   Link #2022
Nixl

Thanks for the response.

Ball Lightning is the first rune available for Elemental Arrow, it acts like Nether Tentacle, but without the heal. The damage and area of effect have proved very useful for me so far.

Vault is rather buggy for me as well, but I've had some not so fun delays with Evasive fire in which it was a second off and I still got struck. Perhaps that is a latency issue on my end, but vault seems somewhat more controlled for me at the moment, although the low disc cost of the Evasive backflip is nice.

What perks/passive skills do you use?
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 10:10   Link #2023
Blaat

Started a hardcore game with two mates, all three of us are Witch Doctors the results are hilarious. 9 Zombie dogs are as effective as a zombie wall
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Finally found the invisibility dyes. Damn why didn't I notice them sooner... so much better now.
As a monk I kind of wish I could use it on my weapons and shield, I just find it silly my weapon disappear when I attack and yet reappear in my hands when I don't.
Old 2012-05-26, 13:48   Link #2024
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I know that's why I'm playing DH and not Monk actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
What perks/passive skills do you use?
Well I have Grenadier when doing usual stuff (mitigates the rage of dying to stupid champions). Going in Kamikaze on the fast shitty bitch mobs is also fun. Switch it out for Tactical advantage on bosses. Usually just change skills around for boss encounters anyway, since boss trash can be handled with 1 key... typically.

As for the serious stuff, just go with the direct damage buffs: Sharpshooter and Archery. I'm on 2h-crossbow with crit build so sharpshooter is really good, and of course the 50% crit damage from archery is really good too. Could use some more on my items though, only at like +160%, and going by what I'm doing on Belial I think I'm not hitting hard enough. Then again, my hand is so sore when I got to him I couldn't aim for shit.....
Old 2012-05-26, 14:39   Link #2025
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
I just debuted as a barbarian in normal, and i must be the only person to die so much Why is this happening?
Tough as nails passive could help. You are also probably undergeared for the area you're currently in. Trying farming more gear, do some crafting, or if you really just want good gear fast try auction house.

Barbs can be tough. One player cleared Inferno with a barb and I'm sure there are others close to doing the same. I believe there's monks on their way to clearing inferno as well. Which is funny because EVERYONE at release believed that beating inferno was impossible with melee classes and now, after the well-deserved nerfs to some DH and wizard skills, it's the complete opposite.

(Note I have a DH and a Wiz well into nightmare so I'm not speaking from an entirely biased perspective)
Old 2012-05-26, 17:24   Link #2026
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

When I read the description of Grievous Wounds rune on Impale I though it basically was "+100% extra crit damage" but apparently it's "2x damage after calculating crit"? Can someone confirm?
Old 2012-05-26, 17:36   Link #2027
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Just debuted in Inferno.
So far, not too bad. I know all hell breaks loose in Act 2, but so far in Act 1, it's somewhat managable even as a melee.
I mean sure, you die a LOT on the way, but why would you expect anything less?

Certain elite combinations seems impossible, but that's to be expected.
From all the whining and horror stories of "melee can't take a single hit from anything this game sux" are greatly exaggerated.
You need a stupid amount of resists as melee to be viable. My friend was finally able to tank Act 2 properly with 700+ resists. I personally feel it's overtuned, nothing as fun as kiting everything and everyone to advance in the game... as a Barb.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 18:21   Link #2028
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Old 2012-05-26, 19:53   Link #2029
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ basicly, How to solo Diablo like a little wuss.

It's not very "cool" when you do it that way. Theres no since of accomplishment or challange. I can easily solo him as my DH without kiting him like a wuss. maybe not THAT easy but Yea I don't want it to be THAT easy. its like doing the new Twisted Metal game on the hardest difficulty and using god mode.

Just talked to the person, they hated doing that video so its all cool.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-05-26 at 20:44.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 00:39   Link #2030
Aesthetic Shampoo

It is a sad, sad, sad day when you find that heroes don't carry over to other regions. AARRRGRRRGHHHH
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 03:19   Link #2031
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
^ basicly, How to solo Diablo like a little wuss.
It's a range class using range... personally I don't see the problem.
Old 2012-05-27, 05:35   Link #2032
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I'm a Monk who just punched Diablo to death on Normal Mode

And am looking forwarda to getting some Legendary Items!!

Just wondering

1) What Level/Difficulty do they turn up on.

2) Rares are yellow, but what colors are legendaries? Don't wanna accidentally sell or recycle it by accident that's all.

Thanks!!
Old 2012-05-27, 05:41   Link #2033
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I...was rather underwhelmed. Leah kept me interested only for so long and I quit before finishing Act 1. Mashing 2-3 buttons - mainly 1 - with not much on offer on visuals or story (sorry, no offense to Diablo fans, but entering this anew in this stage - not much on offer to get swept up in) has been rather dull. Bored of this within a few hours was disappointing.

Seriously think of cutting ties with Blizzard if this is what they expect to be the gap-filler for half a year to their main product. Which I'm also tired of.
Old 2012-05-27, 05:46   Link #2034
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post

Just wondering

2) Rares are yellow, but what colors are legendaries? Don't wanna accidentally sell or recycle it by accident that's all.

Thanks!!
1) pretty much any level, there are low level legendaries as well

2) darkish orange

Legendaries are quite rare, rarer than uniques in D2. I've found 2 so far, low level ones unfortunately. Have yet to see a set piece.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 05:48   Link #2035
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post

Just wondering

Thanks!!
Legendarys are browny-orange colour. They will appear at any level after 10. They are a 0.05% drop compared to the set drops of 0.005%
Happy farming!
Old 2012-05-27, 05:48   Link #2036
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I...was rather underwhelmed. Leah kept me interested only for so long and I quit before finishing Act 1. Mashing 2-3 buttons - mainly 1 - with not much on offer on visuals or story (sorry, no offense to Diablo fans, but entering this anew in this stage - not much on offer to get swept up in) has been rather dull. Bored of this within a few hours was disappointing.

Seriously think of cutting ties with Blizzard if this is what they expect to be the gap-filler for half a year to their main product. Which I'm also tired of.

On the story side of things, I take no offense since D3's story is poorly written (though not as awful as SC2's writing) and does not even come close to approaching D2's levels of epic.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 06:01   Link #2037
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I don't play Blizzard games for their stories. Brood War is their exception and probably their crowning jewel.

That is why they are famous for their multiplayer. Not their writing skills. But it's still better than say... Capcom.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 06:09   Link #2038
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I think there's quite a unanimous opinion that the story sucks... Blizzard hasn't been able to cook up a good story for a while and some things might as well be considered references to their other games just to throw a positive spin on things, since it's just that bad.

But like SC nobody cares about it, it's all about the gameplay; albeit in D3 on the singleplayer side rather then the multiplayer side in SC. The only stories I give a damn are the lore books, a small side stories that you have to work to find. The Lord of Goats one was my favorite so far. They should have just had way way less main character pampering and just scattered story pieces for you to find in the world (and yes I know they hide a book after each quest). The quest stories are also a great improvement on the questing system.
Old 2012-05-27, 06:15   Link #2039
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I agree with what most people said: Nowadays Blizzard is only good for rich lore, not story plots. The audio book thingies or mob descriptions are great while playing and tell little stories or give some background. The main story's plot however, too predictable, characters too archetypical, even the player characters themself.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 06:18   Link #2040
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I think there's quite a unanimous opinion that the story sucks... Blizzard hasn't been able to cook up a good story for a while and some things might as well be considered references to their other games just to throw a positive spin on things, since it's just that bad.

But like SC nobody cares about it, it's all about the gameplay; albeit in D3 on the singleplayer side rather then the multiplayer side in SC. The only stories I give a damn are the lore books, a small side stories that you have to work to find. The Lord of Goats one was my favorite so far. They should have just had way way less main character pampering and just scattered story pieces for you to find in the world (and yes I know they hide a book after each quest). The quest stories are also a great improvement on the questing system.
The thing is that Blizzard just simply does not give a shit about single player. You can see their AI for their RTS games-- it's awful and they put zero effort into it. I mean the Brood War Terran AI doesn't get siege mode against other terran. I think that really displays how many fucks they give.

Sure the campaigns were kinda fun but they're still closer to the mindless kind. It's kinda lame, but it came full circle when they didn't support modding in D3. Yea, it kinda sucks, but their focus has long been multiplayer ever since the birth of battle.net

The Diablo series has always been about fast paced hack and slash, getting gear, and screwing up with other people. It was never meant to be deep aside from on the fly tactics, a few preplanned equipment lists and some boss strats. Diablo III is no more and no less, but removed a lot of the exploits of its previous entries which makes it a fine entry to its own series.

And to what extent? Well, most players skip the story part anyways.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler