AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-18, 11:23   Link #101
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
The setting kind of displeased me basically I hate Victorian setting but seeing Alzeid pull out a gun I was satisfied . There was hope a neo modern setting .
I doubt the anime will explain much about the setting. There really isn't much discussion about it in the manga even. But if you want to read my understanding of the setting, look inside the spoiler box.
Spoiler:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 18:31   Link #102
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 3 ~ amazing...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 21:39   Link #103
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 11:55   Link #104
w3g
Eroge > Life
*Fansubber

Fear of clowns? You people must have watched too many horror movies. Well this will just add to all that! :P I have no idea why people call this shoujo genre... There is no fluff, no emo characters, and simply not a plot suitable for 'young girls' in this anime.

And this episode is quite something... I was tempted at several places to change the sub color to BLOOD RED... but decided against that for watcher's cardiac health. You will probably know where to look on second watch through.

Well then, the release:
w3g_Hatenkou_03.mkv Torrent (Preferred)
Direct Download
SSA sub file (free use)

Edit: Taking down direct download for now. Server hitting transfer cap soon, and still 1 more episode before month ends.

Last edited by w3g; 2008-01-22 at 07:11.
w3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 12:13   Link #105
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

For those who wants a little summary of Episode 3 (well, not really brief) and some screenshots of the episode, I have done up something. ^_^

Spoiler for lkk's spoilers:

I am always wondering what the setting of the place is since there is magic and guns at the same time. Yet, it does not feel to be highly technological in the first place, making me a tad confused.
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 12:16   Link #106
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3g View Post
I have no idea why people call this shoujo genre... There is no fluff, no emo characters, and simply not a plot suitable for 'young girls' in this anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Hatenkou Yuugi, the manga, is shoujo-ish but is definitely not a lovey-dovey shoujo manga. It's an action adventure shoujo manga. At times, it can get surprisingly graphic and violent. (Tokyopop was caught off-guard by the series. It originally rated the series as Teen, but upped it to Older Teen after some rather disturbing crime scenes in later volumes.) In Japan, the manga runs in the same magazine that publishes Saiyuki and Loveless. It's aimed at a similar reading market if that gives you any insight into the kind of audience this is geared towards.
I quoted myself from earlier as a reminder about my comments on how Hatenkou Yuugi can be surprisingly distrubing. Episode 3 was based on one of the first chapters that I found disturbing. There could be more to come. (In the manga, there was definitely more to come.)

I'm off to watch the sub of ep 3. w3g, your speed in releasing this episode is astounding. Did you stay up all night working on this?

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
I am always wondering what the setting of the place is since there is magic and guns at the same time. Yet, it does not feel to be highly technological in the first place, making me a tad confused.
Magic is considered rare. Remember the ghost's surprise at Razhel's magic using? Not too many people are capable of magic although we happen to meet several who are. Guns are also something the average person doesn't have access to. The army and like people will have guns. But they're not common.
Spoiler for ep 3, more on technology discussion:

For the most part, technology isn't highly advanced or widespread any more. The level varies from location to location.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2008-01-19 at 12:25. Reason: added comment to Impz
Old 2008-01-19, 12:28   Link #107
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
Spoiler for lkk's spoilers:
Interesting...so this is like the second rebirth of humanity?
Indeed Alzeid's advanced looking gun doesn't fit with the surroundings now that I look more closely. As well as having the events in ep 2 which seems to fit better with modern society.
But the use of magic doesn't mean an advanced society imo...people could use magic (in this fantasy world) and also be evolving.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-01-19, 12:29   Link #108
w3g
Eroge > Life
*Fansubber

It was day time in my part of the world But I did rush things along quite a bit since it's the weekends. Was aiming to beat the raw watcher comments to release first, but only partially successful~ I guess Deathkillz will be my challenge next round *_*

Subbing took longer than expected, as usual. Can probably cut down time in translating, seeking raws and distro. But most importantly, this is all great fun for me

Edit: Btw, the raw used in the sub was dismal, but that was already the best one after looking through 5 different distros. Maybe it was this week's broadcasting that had bad quality since previous episode from the same distro was a lot better. Might do a v2 if I find a HQ raw.

Last edited by w3g; 2008-01-19 at 18:10.
w3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 12:43   Link #109
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
But the use of magic doesn't mean an advanced society imo...people could use magic (in this fantasy world) and also be evolving.
This is my theory only. I don't know for sure yet.
Spoiler for theory about magic:

Quote:
It was day time in my part of the world But I did rush things along quite a bit since it's the weekends. Was aiming to beat the raw watcher comments to release first, but only partially successful~ I guess Deathkillz will be my challenge next round *_*
That's quite a goal you've set for yourself.
Quote:
Subbing took longer than expected, as usual. Can probably cut down time in translating, seeking raws and distro. But most importantly, this is all great fun for me
And that's the real reason you're so very fast.

Old 2008-01-19, 12:58   Link #110
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

With chances of Ep 3 out on the horizion I have to go and watch ep 2 . I was scared a lil due to the negaitivity regarding this show may, result in stalling ...

Thank You
Old 2008-01-19, 21:56   Link #111
noob3d
馬鹿やろ

Thanks again w3g for the subs episode 3 finally made me decide that this show is worth my time.Anyway it does have a shoujo vibe to it(couple of bishounens,spunky female lead,not really alot of blood/violence).I'm not complaining since I love shoujo <3.
Old 2008-01-19, 22:36   Link #112
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Yes much <3 for w3g.

As for episode two...god all I can think about is the old school traps.

Ah but they did atleast get some nice musings on vengance in general...I can't say revenge is always quite as cut and dry as rahz makes it to be, but as generalizations go it was a pretty good one.

After watching it all though it convinced me even more there wasn't any need to try and shoehorn half baked intros in episode one...Just go for it from the ghost storyline and use flashbacks, like the ones used in this episode, to fill in the gaps...works fine that way and much less obnoxious to watch.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 05:31   Link #113
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

So a girl ends a revenge-case..... by pointing a gun at a kid's head. I swear this won't work on American cartoons other than South Park
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 05:44   Link #114
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post

Ah but they did atleast get some nice musings on vengance in general...I can't say revenge is always quite as cut and dry as rahz makes it to be, but as generalizations go it was a pretty good one.
I see it as pretty good logic given the situation. This goes back to the saying that revenge is not worth it. It will only cause a chain reaction and more suffering (bla bla). Correct but some people just can't be forgived - but if it come between knuckle sandwiches and a painless death, I think I know which one I would pick

Old 2008-01-20, 10:51   Link #115
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Yea for the situation it was fine enough, but the way she said it made it feel too generalized like she was trying to condense all vengance down to a pretty package and it just doesn't work that way...

It honestly kinda felt like the whole speech was an extension of the talk those two had in the first episode about betrayal and kinda plays up Rahz's naiveté. I guess thats why her father kicked her out to "See the world".

Either way I can't say revenge is always the way to go but its hardly "Always the wrong option". Cowboy Bebop has one of the most exquisite stories about vengance and I would never say that Spike's desire for revenge was wrong...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 13:24   Link #116
LolitaDecay
Kotomi Fangirl~

Send a message via MSN to LolitaDecay
I love the part in episode 2 with the whip xD
Heat's noise sent me into fits of giggles...
Old 2008-01-20, 13:58   Link #117
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This is how arranged my anime schedule for the winter season:

Rosario + Vampire, Persona ~Trinity Soul~, Shigofumi, and lastly Hatenkou Yuugi.

I am sacrificing Wolf and Spice for Hatenkou Yuugi.

The second episode guaranteed to me to keep on watching the storyline.

The trait I like about Rahzel is her straightforwardness. She doesn't keep her emotions even on tense situations regarding herself to let them build up.

She's quite witty with a little bit of a whippersnapper in her personality, quite well complemented by her loli looks and adventurous spirit.

As of recently I noticed that Takahiro Sakurai has been performing characters roles involving grumpy bishounen with troubled pasts and who have difficulty to express themselves to others.
Kanda Yuu for D.Gray-man; Shito in Zombie Loan; and right now Alzeid in Hatenkou Yuugi as example.

However, I noticed in this episode that Alzeid showed some pleasure at the thought of beating the bastard mayor of the prison into a bloody pulp, along with Baroqueheat.

Lastly, I never will grow tired of Miki Shinichiro as Baroqueheat. Heat to me is the party maker of the trio, and the character with cool charisma, offering some of the best oneliners.

Spoiler:

Overall, I'll keep on watching Hatenkou Yuugi but won't be posting at this thread on a regular basis, but only when I find something that pulls out a good smile on me in the following episodes.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 16:17   Link #118
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Ep 2

The starting was funny I loved the parody of B/W movies : D The more I listen to Baroqueheat more I begin to love that character . I would say hell with Alzeid make Baro the main character . Also with each passing ep I am beginning to become a fan of Rahzel her moe element is growing stronger . The story element of this quest was pretty interesting .This epeisode answered some of the question I had in mind regarding the three main characters. Heat is Ecchi ….. weee more reasons to like that character . So the the main traits I saw in the three main characters

Rahzel : Lost on an Adventure

Alzeid : Cold yet compassionate

BaroqueHeat : Pervert Prankster

The scene where Alzeid and BaroqueHeat are allowed to keep their gun and Cigar resp., but Rahzel is denied her teddy was funny . The astonishing thing was how Alzeid can control bests and BaroqueHeat’s accompanying dialogue “ All men are Beasts “ Xp (Yes We are ) .This was an good action packed episode and the genre could be easily labeled as Shonen rather than Shojo . Two question still remain unanswered

Quote:
A) When Did BaroqueHeat join them the interaction and reason is never shown

B) Whats BaroqueHeat’s relationship with Rahzel ?
This series is starting more to feel like the other series I have watched . You may disagree but it sure does feel like Saiyuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Lastly, I never will grow tired of Miki Shinichiro as Baroqueheat. Heat to me is the party maker of the trio, and the character with cool charisma, offering some of the best oneliners.
Shinichiro Mikey has done great justice to that role . He truly brings out BaroqueHeat's Chara
Old 2008-01-20, 16:38   Link #119
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
I think most of us here fell over at that scene...much like heat's girly scream afterwards

Take your pick

Old 2008-01-20, 20:30   Link #120
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Just saw episode 3. This show just went from "Kind of fun" to "When is the next episode coming out!!?". Strangely, I have this weird urge to become a clown now.

My infatuation with Rahzel grows with each passing episode. Easily my 2nd favorite female character of this season (my favorite is probably obvious ) and might even be one of my all-time favorites. I can't really describe my love for her clearly. Sure her constant changing of hairstyles and clothing is cute, but it goes so much deeper than that. She has this energy about her. Rahzel belongs to many character archetypes, but is bound by none. Constantly displaying such a wide range of emotion, that consistency becomes a term that is impossible to apply to her (this being a case of when that's a good thing). It's almost as if she were a real human and not a fictional character...

Enough of my incessant fanboy rambling. Regarding the episode, I have to say that this series definitely went up a grade. I personally like how the action is extravagant, but not overdone to the point of it being cheesy. Alzeid finally used his gun, which is something I've been waiting for since episode 1. Seeing his skill with it certainly extinguishes any doubts as to why Rahzel would want him as a partner. Heat's antics and quips remain as hilarious as ever. At the end, I was extremely relieved when Alzeid shot Viola. I was worried that Rahzel would stop him and that the episode would end in the fashion of some lame after-school special. Adds a touch of reality to the show for Alzeid to do what he did, which is something that I think most sensible human beings would have done. Rahzel's naive idealism is her only character flaw in my eyes, but then again, no character (or person) is perfect.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy